The E. Season 2 Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by JCspartan2, Aug 15, 2011.

1. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

MSU 30
    Boise St 0

The MSU defense showed why they may be the top unit in the nation, granted they did it against a rebuilding Boise team.

Still Boise St never even threatened to put points on the board as the stubbornly stuck to the run despite getting shut down play after play. There offense would be held to only 132 yards.

MSU, meanwhile, was breaking in a young offense of their own lead by Sophomore (RS) signal caller Andrew Maxwell and JR HB LeVeon Bell. Bell was as advertised, but two other players on the MSU offense turned some heads. QB Andrew Maxwell had a great day throwing for 212 yards and 3 TDs, and more importantly with no interceptions. The real story, though, was true freshman WR Titus Gross who hauled in 4 catches for 94 yards and 2 TDs in his first collegiate game.

2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Wisconsin 38
    West Virginia 31

This game never felt as close as the score indicates, as the Badgers controlled the line of scrimmage and the game. HB James White has arrived, as he rushed for over 200 yards and 3 tds. Junior QB Jon Budmayer made his debut and was impressive, passing for over 200 yards a touchdown and ran in a td toearn his first victory as the starter.

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I can't wait to hear what Gators has to say about White's 39 carries. :p

• Like Like x 1
  4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

39 carries in week 1.....wow. I guess that's what happens when you don't have to worry about fatigue or injuries.

I have to ask though, can you really defend that as sim?

5. GoGators

Tulsa 14
    NW 23

The Wildcats get a big win in their home opener as they played underdog to Tulsa. New starting QB Evan Watkins would be the player of the game going 16/31 for 228 yds and a TD. HB Mike Trumpy added 143 and a TD on the ground on 24 touches.

Thankfully the Tulsa FG kicker never got off the bus as he missed multiple attempts in this one which allowed the Wildcats to get the W.

6. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Ole Miss 35
    Maryland 6

Heisman trophy winner Jeff Scott picked up where he left off last year with 191yrds 2td’s on 21att. UMD hung around early, but the Ole Miss picked it up in the 2nd quarter. QB Randall Mackey threw for 269yrds and 2tds. The Ole Miss D turned up the heat with 6 sacks and held MD to 300yrds of total Offense. Good first showing with what hopes to be a BCS birth season.

7. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Hrmm. Still seems way too easy to run the ball.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

Not for me as you will see below. Florida might just have a good rush defense also..

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

#1 Stanford - 38

#8 Florida - 20

Game of Position

Stanford earned the W by getting good field position after turnovers. They would only accumulate little over 200 yards of total offense. Nunez got hurt in the third quarter, as well as Taylor, leaving the backups to fill their shoes. They would tack on 14 more points to pull away from a Florida comeback. The game was 24-20 at one point before the Cardinal defense really kicked in while the offense put this one to bed. The front seven was amazing as they recorded 8 Sacks, 1 INT, and 2 FF.

A nice win to open the season at 1-0. Up next is another SEC opponent in the Georgia Bulldogs.

DW Highlights
    1) Skovs vicious Sack
    2) Nunez to Patterson TD
    3) Seal amazing pick six *MUST SEE*
    4) Nunez to Terrell TD

10. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I'll be reserving judgment for most of the season, especially when we start playing better teams. I just don't like seeing huge numbers on only 20-ish carries. However, that often happens early in the season when the matchups aren't too tough.

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

Taylor had like 18 carries and 55 yards while my backup managed 11 and 66. Not a bad day overall but individually it was a little rough

12. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

That's pretty realistic though, that's what my games looked like for the most part last season.

13. dakota7

Well, I'm giving the ball to my best offensive weapon within the framework of my offense. My 2nd string guy got the ball 7 times, so almost 20% of White's carries. I was in a game that had about a 10-14 point difference the whole game, where I was trying to control the clock on the ground in order to keep it away from a pass happy, hurry up offense. Is it sim? Conceptually, yes. You have to remember the halfback is the featured ball carrier. I don't spread it around to my wideouts or give it to my fullback up the middle. White also has 98 stamina rating, so he's just about as good as it gets in this video game.

14. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Well I got the W in principle as Michigan rallies late behind a Perry Riley to Je'Ron Stokes 74 yard TD pass and a Mike Jones safety in the 4th quarter to win 23 - 17 in front of a hostile crowd in Death Valley. But...

[​IMG]

The classic, at least by now, Transfer Failed screen appears upon upload and Michigan fans across the nation are on pins and needles to know what will happen next.​

Maybe this is the time when I am too old to play video games on such a regular basis b/c I am really weighing the amount of sleep I could have had instead of playing this game for basically nothing. this completely zaps any fun out an entertaining game. C'mon EA WTF gives with this poor support for an otherwise excellent game.​

• Like Like x 1
  15. jello1717

I'm sorry to hear that. I had hoped that everything was fixed with others not having issues so I even went ahead and saved some highlights. I think I got lucky as my highlights are uploading now, but I'm done saving them until EA says they've fixed this horseshit.

It sounds like my game was very similar to yours and if I would've had to throw it out I would've been really, really, really upset.

16. jello1717

Fasten your seat belts Devils' fans, this season's gonna be a bumpy ride
    [​IMG]

#6TCU completely outplayed the very overrated #7 ASU in Fort Worth. If this game is an indication of what the season's going to be like, it's gonna be a rough one. Despite his 138 yards and 7.6 YPC on 18 carries, it was very tough sledding for Cameron Marshall as his numbers are skewed by a 66 yarder. He had far more carries under 2 yards than he had ones over 2 which meant that ASU had to pass the ball a lot. This is where we showed just how bad we could be this year. SR QB Osweiler completed 7 of 15 passes, but he was sacked an astonishing 11 times (meaning he as sacked 42% of the time he dropped back to pass)! Prior to their last offense play of the game, ASU could only account for 115 yards of total offense in the game.

The kids from TCU were very noticeably bigger and stronger than the Devils, be it their D-line breaking through our O-line with ease, or their HB absolutely steamrolling our safeties, or their O-line steamrolling our D-line (see the vid on DW of their QB running the ball as I think I had 8 guys flattened on that play). With all that said, however, our offense did not turn the ball over and our defense played just well enough to keep us close.

ASU was down 4 late in the 4th and driving. They got into FG range, but after a sack they were left with 4th and long and had to settle for a 49yd FG. After hitting 2 51 yarders earlier in the game, the kicker pushed this one left so we were still down by 4. After a defensive stop, we had the ball on our own 35 yard line with 1:28 remaining, still down 4. After an incomplete pass that bounced out of the CB's hands and into my receiver's hands on the TCU 35 yard line only to be knocked loose by a jarring hit by the safety it was 2nd and 10. Following sacks #10 and #11, it was 4th and 26 on our own 19 yard line with 1 minute to go. For one of the very rare times during the game, the O-line held back the TCU rush and Osweiler hit a streaking Pickens for the go ahead score on an 81 yard TD pass. TCU would drive and get to midfield and were down to 4th and 10, still outside of FG range. The QB completed a 9.5 yard pass that was just short and ASU wins 20-17.

Next week we travel to Madison to face our 2nd straight top 20 team on the road and unless our O-line dramatically improves in 7 days, that game could be really, really ugly.
    #7ASU 20
    #6TCU 17

17. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

I had a 85 and 20yrd run so if you take those out my line would have looked like 19 for 86 or around there.

18. GoGators

I'm with you Suge......the first time this stuff happens to me I'm done and once that happens I will not purchase another EA product ever again.

19. texacotea

texacotea Walk On

Carolina proves to be the best foul

South Carolina welcomed Chip Kelly and his high powered Ducks to Williams Brice last night, only to be sent back to Eugene 0-1. Entering the season the Gamecocks being pre-season ranked #4 and highest in school history has alot to prove this yr after losing some key players on Offense. Returning Marcus Lattimore will be the key to this yr.

South Carolina received the kick off and drove the ball down the field seemlessly with JR QB Conner Shaw hitting Ace Sanders for the touchdown to go up 7-0. Then came the Ducks and the HUNH offense that has given many teams fits the past couple yrs. It done the same to the Gamecock defense as they gave up 3rd down after 3rd down until finally stopping the Ducks on 3rd and forcing a FG making it 7-3. Both teams would trade punts. Shaw would hit WR DL Moore for another td to go up 14-3 and the DB Corey Addison would pick off the pass and taking 35yrds to paydirt to put the Gamecocks up 21-3. That would be all the defense needed as they continued to get pressure on the QB and force multiple punts. Devin Taylor led the team with 3 sacks and has his eyes set on the scholl record for sacks.

Conner Shaw 8-16 - 263yrds 3td

Marcus Lattimore - 24rush - 94yrds 1td long 23

DL Moore - 4 rec 162yrds 2td long 80

Devin Taylor - 4tkls 3sack

20. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Did you save that 4th and 26 play I would like to see that?

21. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Yeah I didn't save any highlights of my game for this reason as well. I'm really hoping we have a patch out within the next week, but knowing EA "sometime in August" equates to "August 31".

22. dakota7

James white had a 64 yard run, so with that he was around 5 ypC and without it about 3.6 ypc. Not what I would call too easy with an oline that has 3 guys in the 90s and a 95 HB.

23. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I wasn't referring to your game. I didn't have a problem with your stats. I have no problem with the occasional game at 40 carries, it happens, it just depends on the game. If you were blowing them out, different story.

It looks like some of the rushing numbers are coming down already for the teams that played tougher opponents so I'm not worried about the numbers just yet.

24. dakota7

Ok.

25. jello1717

Yes. It's my only non-sack offensive play on the DW.