The E. Season 2: Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Masler, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Kansas State - 31​
    Nebraska - 6​
    The Cornhuskers flopped on offense today only managing 2 field goals. The one thing they excelled at was taking out my players. SO(RS) Daniel Sams is out for 8 weeks while John Hubert got knocked out of the game with a concussion, I fear if he has anymore he might not know which way is forward. My second string HB would go in and out all day with minor injuries. Thus the Freshmen were left to lead the team to victory and that they did. Tavarius Bender threw 3 touchdowns while Walker ran one in of his own. ​
    A nice way to start the season before hosting NC State at home in a rematch with Coach iBleedOrange247.​
    Stats​
    T. Bender - 310.3 QBR, 7/11, 229 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT​
    T. Walker - 8 Att, 46 yards, 1 TD​
    L. Stephens - 4 Rec, 81 yards, 2 TD​
    T. Thompson - 2 Rec, 138 yards, 1 TD​

2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Virginia 21
    Ohio State 28

Braxton Miller was too much for the Cavs to handle, repeatedly scrambling for first downs. Despite using a spy, sometimes two, Miller was able to rush for over 100 yards on 26 carries. Miller took significant punishment from the UVA defense, but it had little effect on him as he still completed over 70% of his passes. The Buckeye defense was stout, shutting down the Cavs rushing attack. Qb Phillip Sims played well in his UVA debut, throwing for 221 yards and rushing for 1 touchdown.

3. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

BYU: 41
    FSU: 21

BYU put up a dominate performance in their opener against the Seminoles. BYU had an amazing first drive but were held to a field goal. BYU started slow on defense as FSU drove down the field and put the ball into the endzone. BYU drove a bit and Coach Lambdin called for a PA Pass and hit JD Falsely on a post route for the score. The Cougars would get the defense to buff up and it was all dominance from here on. BYU would total 7 INTs (including one Pick Six) against both Seminole QBs. Tanner Mangum also had a good day going 8/14 for 146 yards and 2 TDs with only one INT. The rushing game was also strong having Michael Alisa getting 128 yards on 18 carries with one score. Mangum also moved the chains a few times having 27 yards and 1 TD.

GG Big Suge Knight My defensive speed is amazing and it showed. Sorry about that one "Pass Interference" (quoted because this game NEVER calls it) play. I would of typed it in my Keyboard but i couldn't find it but it lagged me and i accidentally hit your guy off course. I thought i had hit my guy at the time but looking at the replay i definitely hit your guy.

4. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yeah my speed never seems to show in games for me consistently. I REALLY hate the 3-3-5 for that reason. I know everyone loves but the blocking never seems to translate for that like it does against other defenses.

5. dakota7

Its the broken AI for blocking in space. 3-3-5 has more guys in space, makes it tougher to block.

6. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Which is why I hate playing it.

7. dakota7

Me too. In real life, you should be able line up and run power football at it, but in the video game it just doesn't translate.

8. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Agreed and why I liked it better when we did not allow it. It is too overpowering AI not talent or scheme.

• Like Like x 2
  9. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

That's one thing that makes the 3-3-5 pretty unique. There are those that run it and think it's perfectly fine and don't understand what all the fuss is about. Then there are those who don't run it and think it's cheesy. There don't seem to be many people in between (IE. people that don't run it and think it's fine).

10. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I just don't know what to say honestly. I can get obliterated by user using it (i.e. you) and i dominate users with it (i.e. Suge) and it's just confusing how it's off and on.

11. jello1717

[​IMG]38
    [​IMG]35

SMU Offense Outlasts SMU Defense
    SMU's retooled offense pretty much had their way all day as they scored a TD on all but 4 drives (2 punts and 2 FGAs). As was feared though, the SMU defense couldn't stop their opponent either as they also scored a TD on all but 4 drives (2 turnovers and 2 punts). The Wolfpack chose to play 4-3 and 4-4 defenses against SMU's 4 and 5 wide sets so the Mustangs spent the majority of the day in these sets. This led to an unprecedented passing day for coach Jello from the arm of true FR Brad Simmons who threw for 4 TDs and 318 yards. The best from last year for SMU was 2 TDs and 232 yards!
    HB Jared Williams started the scoring on a 20 yard run, but this was matched 30s later on a 2 yard run by NC State's Purvis. The 2nd quarter nearly went scoreless until NCS's Brosius connected with Sullivan from 11 yards out to give The 'Pack a 14-7 lead with only 6s left in the half. SMU controlled the 3rd quarter as Simmons continued to complete easy passes against the base D of NC State and he would end up connecting with WR Keenan Holman 3 times for TDs in the quarter while NC State only managed 1 TD, giving SMU the 28-21 lead after 3. Brosius connected with Flowers for a 30 yard TD pass to knot it at 28 with 5 minutes left. SMU put together another nice drive though and scored a TD on another Simmons to Holman hookup with 2:39 left. This was, of course way too much time left and NC State tied it up yet again with 1:31 left on a 40 yard pass to Underwood. This was ample time for Simmons who methodically worked the Mustangs down the field 1 last time to set up a 43 yard FG to win it as the clock expired.
    Game Balls:
    SMU-
    QB Brad Simmons - 206.3, 22/30 (73%), 318 yds, 4 TD, 0 INT - 10 car, 39 yds
    HB Jared Williams - 8 car, 71 yds (8.8 YPC), TD
    WR Keenan Holman - 6 rec, 57 yds, 4 TD
    OLB Kevin Pope - 8 tkls, 4 TFL
    NC State-
    QB T. Brosius - 198.9, 12/24 (50%), 316 yds, 4 TD, 2 INT
    B. Underwood - 2 rec, 118 yds, 2 TD
    D. Johnson - 13 tkls
    T. McGill - 5 tkls, 4 TFL
    NCSt.JPG

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  12. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

After I played Suge last year he made that very same statement. I agree and disagree. However I switched my defense to a 4-3/ 3-3-5 that I will only use in obvious passing situations and certain run plays. My team has the personal to run the 3-3-5 but I want to get away from it. I wouldnt be mad if we didnt allow it as a base D

13. dakota7

Its not that the 3-3-5 is cheesy, its the poor blocking logic and lack of physics based impacts/collisions. The blocking logic isn't advanced enough to keep up with the smaller, faster players and advanced blitz schemes. I mean, there's a reason most sim leagues limit who can be moved to linebacker (ie safeties who are too small and/or too fast) yet we allow a base defense that effectively uses safeties as linebackers. That seems contradictory to me.

• Like Like x 1
  14. jello1717

I'm sure it's just semantics, but everything you just described is why I (and lots of others) do in fact call the 3-3-5 in EA NCAA football games cheesy.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I've never said its cheese. I simply point out the AI which restricts the offense from being able to pound the ball. That is how a real life offense would line up and destroy that offense.

There's a reason why so many people are running it now. It is effective but we've got to look at why. Just my thoughts on it.

In my game with UofC I got down early thanks to not adjusting to the new post patch defenders.

16. dakota7

Ok, we agree then. I just wanted to clarify my perspective.

17. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Both Valid points. Again I was fully for this defense and have been the whole time. It is what we play IRL so its what I know. Im making a shift to a 4-3 because there is no shade of grey to the defense.

18. dakota7

I'm sure you remember this, but in richrod's last year Wisconsin pounded the Michigan 3-3-5 so bad UW never even threw the ball in the 2nd half.

19. jello1717

Which, of course, can't happen in NCAA '13.

• Like Like x 1
  20. dakota7

Exactly.

• Like Like x 1
  21. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

I will be interested to see if the system that's in Madden this year is applied to NCAA next year how the 3-3-5 fares. I'll even be interested to hear if there is a shift in TMFL and other Madden leagues to speed not being everything.

22. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

UNC 38
    USCjr 34

Well I really don't know what to say about this one. The CPU was just pounding a mud hole in Tar Heels to the tune of 24-10 at the half. Marcus Lattimore is just a beast and looks like he runs a 5 flat in the 40. He tuned UNC up for 160 on the ground and just ran through the D like swiss cheese. The SC O was a machine scoring on every drive except for two, and INT and punt. The SC D was also up to task stopping the run game and clamping down on two 4th down and 1s inside the 35. The only bright spot in the first half was when Giovani Bernard took a swing pass the distance for a TD. The SC D also was playing some kind of crazy front which seemed to have an answer for every run or pass. In the second half UNC went back to the well again with Bernard and hit for another long swing pass. SC would have the answer as they did all game and drive the field to take the lead. UNC would strike right back on a middle HB screen to Bernard who would take it to the house once again. I was really surprised because I don't think I've every had a screen go more than 5 yards. SC would once again drive the field to the 1, the UNC D would hold them to a FG. With over 2mins left UNC would dink and dunk with some runs mixed in to try and get with in FG goal range. On 2 an 1 RB Romar Morris would take a dive up the gut for 15 and put UNC at the 6. UNC would punch it in and hang on after two 30 yard passes late by SC, but would fail on 4th and 8 from the 20.

23. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Latimore is good. But I ran faster than this in HS lol.

24. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Do did i and i was a D-lineman :p

25. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]30
    [​IMG]42

After the poor performance on the road last week in Provo, the Seminoles needed to play well in all phases of the game. After the first quarter Florida State led 21 - 14 behind the legs of Devonta Freeman and Jameis Winston. Freeman had a solid game racking up 143 rushing yards on 23 carries with a pair of scores. Winston subbed in for a couple series in the first quarter and then took over from halfway the second quarter due to Clint Trickett's concussion. Trickett was off to a slow start as he threw two interceptions. Winston threw two TDs en route 77 passing yards the rushing score and 53 yards on the ground. Next up is the second straight Tobacco Road opponent in UNC Tarheels and their coach edge7771.