The E season 2 Week 10

Discussion in 'Game Scheduling' started by dakota7, Sep 26, 2011.

1. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Welcome to Week 10!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #22 Michigan State Spartans (5-3) ===============
    Last week, Michigan State lost 27-26 against Nebraska (5-2).
    This week, the Spartans travel to Bloomington to face the Indiana Hoosiers (1-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Brian Gray has committed to Miami

=============== #2 Arizona Wildcats (7-0) ===============
    Last week, Arizona won 38-31 against Oregon (4-3).
    This week, the Wildcats travel to Salt Lake City to face the #19 Utah Utes (6-2).

=============== Washington Huskies (5-3) ===============
    Last week, Washington won 31-3 against Cal (4-4).
    This week, the Huskies travel to Corvallis to face the #14 Oregon State Beavers (4-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Washington targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RT Victor Andrews has committed to Washington
    - (***) RE Ronald Nicholas has committed to Washington

=============== #8 Wisconsin Badgers (5-2) ===============
    Last week the Badgers were idle.
    This week, the Badgers travel to Columbus to face the Ohio State Buckeyes (4-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) QB Chris Frank has committed to Wisconsin
    - (****) HB Lorenzo Johnson has committed to Wisconsin

=============== #18 Northwestern Wildcats (7-1) ===============
    Last week, Northwestern won 31-7 against Houston (4-3).
    This week, the Wildcats are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Northwestern targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LT Travis Hall has committed to Northwestern
    - (***) RT Derron Clark has committed to Northwestern

=============== #5 Arkansas Razorbacks (6-1) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas won 38-24 against Ole Miss (4-3).
    This week, the Razorbacks travel to Tuscaloosa to face the #16 Alabama Crimson Tide (5-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Arkansas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Arthur Williams has committed to Arkansas
    - (*****) HB Cliff Young has committed to Arkansas
    - (*****) WR Corey Heard has committed to Arkansas

=============== #12 Stanford Cardinal (5-2) ===============
    Last week, Stanford won 52-13 against Washington State (2-7).
    This week, the Cardinal will host USC (3-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Stanford targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Marcus Anderson has committed to Stanford
    - (****) LOLB Byron Boyd has committed to Stanford

=============== #21 Ole Miss Rebels (4-3) ===============
    Last week, Ole Miss lost 38-24 against Arkansas (6-1).
    This week, the Rebels travel to Nashville to face the Vanderbilt Commodores (2-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Ole Miss targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) P Ted Harrington has committed to Ole Miss
    - (***) MLB Wesley Richardson has committed to Ole Miss
    - (****) WR James Walker has committed to Ole Miss
    - (****) LG Bennie House has committed to Ole Miss
    - (****) RE Brad Parker has committed to Ohio State
    - (**) CB Everett McClain has committed to Ole Miss
    - (****) QB Brian Simpson has committed to Ole Miss
    - (***) CB Matt Spencer has committed to Ole Miss

=============== #1 Georgia Bulldogs (7-0) ===============
    Last week the Bulldogs were idle.
    This week, the Bulldogs will host Florida (3-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Kevin Newby has committed to Georgia
    - (****) HB Jerry Holland has committed to Georgia

=============== Michigan Wolverines (4-3) ===============
    Last week, Michigan lost 27-21 against Minnesota (3-4).
    This week, the Wolverines will host Illinois (5-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) FS Darren Dowdell has committed to Michigan
    - (***) SS Jacob Carroll has committed to Nebraska
    - (****) ROLB Lawrence Hunt has committed to Penn State
    - (****) FS Jeremy Hill has committed to Notre Dame
    - (****) RE Chad Henley has committed to Florida State
    - (****) LOLB Jay Brown has committed to Virginia Tech
    - (****) RG Kellen Jackson has committed to Michigan

=============== #6 Arizona State Sun Devils (6-2) ===============
    Last week, Arizona State won 31-7 against UCLA (1-6).
    This week, the Sun Devils are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Arizona State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LE Marques Sims has committed to Colorado State
    - (****) CB Leonard Perry has committed to Oklahoma State
    - (****) LG Anthony Blair has committed to Notre Dame

=============== Tennessee Volunteers (4-4) ===============
    Last week, Tennessee won 25-22 against Alabama (5-2).
    This week, the Volunteers travel to Columbia to face the South Carolina Gamecocks (3-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Tennessee targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Josh Ross has committed to Tennessee
    - (*) MLB Jordan Chance has committed to Duke
    - (***) CB Matt Spencer has committed to Ole Miss
    - (***) CB Taylor Galloway has committed to Purdue
    - (***) ROLB Patrick Price has committed to Tennessee
    - (****) RG Ben Smith has committed to Tennessee
    - (****) CB Kenneth Campbell has committed to Tennessee

2. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

First major Battle for the South about to begin. Utah host the Wildcats from Tuscon. If Utah wins, they just need to win out and they win the South. If Arizona wins, they get a date with Arizona St in Tuscon in the Second Battle. If Arizona wins THAT game (presuming they've won out up till this point), Arizona wins the South. If Arizona St wins, Utah can play spoiler and beat Arizona St (ASU would have to of lost a game before this.)

3. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

OK here is what I saw since the sliders got increased and the threashold set to 40:

1. Psychic DB's on almost every passing play, and 1 player morphing through my WR.
    2. Super LB's, apparently a LB can outrun my 97speed, 98 acceleration WR with no head start.
    3. Robo QB, AJ Mccarron went 15-16 in the first half resulting in not a single bama 3rd down.
    4. D-Line was pancaked more than a grand slam at denny's at 3am
    5. Suction tackling by the CPU Dlinemen on running plays.
    6. Counters and Draws were absolutely usless to run because the CPU D was in the backfield on every attempt at one.
    7. CPU RB break tackles were insane and the RB's were constantly falling forward when being stood up.

These are the worst sliders I have ever played with. I don't want to play with these sliders again, they were that bad.

4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I have a bye week so I can't say anything about the sliders (I don't even know what they are or what's changed), but I'm curious how people that aren't playing teams named "Alabama" fare with them. I've played Bama a couple of times in my offline and in 1 of them they went all beast mode on me (Richardson ran for something like 350 against me) while no other team, with the same sliders, did half of that to me in any of my other games.

5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I played Utah and TBA i loved it. It was very competitive and i was held to 5 field goals. I still blew em out (it was closer than the score shows though). So i don't know if i'm a good gauge.

6. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Ya I don't mind taking an L to the CPU, but when you don't even have a chance it takes all the fun out of the game. Onething I've noticed is the CPU is so much faster than you all across the board. The speed of the game seems very unreal, you seem to be moving in slow motion while the CPU is at top end all the time.

7. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I absolutely hate them, the shit that went on in the game I played was beyond bullshit. I don't want to play with these sliders at all.

8. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

this is exactly what I have been saying ever since the patch. I would love to have someone explain to me how a LB outruns a 97speed, 98accel WR?

9. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

jello1717 so far I lost, Bill lost, Dakota was losing in the 4th but something happened and he had to restart.

10. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

The speed issues your seeing dont make sense. I lowered the threshold to 40, so the difference between fast and slow players should be slightly exaggerated for both the user and the CPU.

I played my game and admit that the CPU offense might need to be toned down a tad, especially their pass blocking and QB accuracy.. My Dline was on the ground every play as well against Indiana. I won my game, but I only had around 200 yards of offense. Luckily, their QB tossed 4 INTs.

Honestly, I only moved the CPU up 1 notch in RBA, Run blocking, Pass blocking, QB accuracy, WR catching, and Rush Defense.

11. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Bill lost by a TD to Florida, not all that unrealistic.

12. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I guess it was enough for them to go haywire, I would rather play with our other sliders. Guys were losing games to the CPU with the old ones, I didn't understand the need for a jump in them across the board.

13. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I've got some thinking to do I guess

14. dakota7

I had a 2 point lead when something went cowshit and everything powered off. Not sure if it was a power surge or what. I've never had that happen, of course we've only lived here a little over 2 weeks.

15. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

it sucks when shit like that happens, I had my son say, "daddy what is that red button for" and then press the reset button on the powerstrip

16. dakota7

My son did that once so I moved the xbox up and out of his reach. Now that you mention it, after we moved I put it back down...........better find a new spot for it.

I played Ohio State and the sliders were tougher, I have to admit. I always forget exactly what the speed threshold does, it makes the difference between slow and fast greater, right?

17. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

the lower the settings the faster the players are and the less acceleration plays a role.

18. dakota7

I think I preferred it the other way, 50 or wherever it was.

19. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I prefer the old sliders all together. After the shit I delt with, I don't want to give them a second chance because I know for sure I'd end up getting rid of this game then. This league is the only reason I have put up with all the bullshit glitches and stoppage. I'm really playing a game right now that I absolutely hate, old sliders or new.

20. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

It should do what Dakota says and that's been my experience as well. The lower the threshold, the "more" faster a fast guy is compared to a slow guy. IE. at any setting, 90 SPD offensive and defensive guys are just as fast. A 90 SPD offensive guy is "x" amount faster than an 80 SPD defensive guy. Lowering the threshold makes the 90 SPD guy even more faster than the 80 SPD guy. IE. if in a 50 yard sprint, if the 90 SPD guy finished 4 yards faster, then at a lower threshold he'll finish 6 yards sooner. It's opposite for raising the threshold as now the 90 SPD guy will only win by 2 yards instead.

Most importantly, the threshold slider doesn't affect users or the CPU more than the other. It helps the CPU's fast guys just as much as the user's fast guys.

RBA, among other things, does affect the offensive player's speed. I don't know if JCspartan2 touched this for users (he didn't mention it) but if he lower it for us, then our ball carriers will be slower. If he increased it for the CPU (I think he said he did) then the CPU ball carriers will be faster.

21. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I just really liked things the way they were. That was the worse NCAA experience I have ever had. Aren't sliders the reason for all the problems that the E had last year.

22. dakota7

The sliders last year were a big problem, but not everything.

23. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I just realized i'm gonna be #1 in the nation. No where but down from here.

24. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

I'm happy with these sliders here at tso...I feel they stress the matchup your playing and you lose quite a bit based on that. I'm not saying anything against you Nautica as I saw that score last night and my first thought was no fucking way. Having just played Bama in about the toughest game I've played in '12 I wasn't surprised at your loss just the wide margin of defeat.

As for my game this week I beat USC east 44-17. I didn't feel like struggling with my run game like I did against Bama so I came out passing. After throwing an INT I went on for 5 passing TDs in the half. In my play of the week video I'll upload when I get home a quick pass to my RB in the flat went for 80 yards as he out ran everyone on the Gamecock D which I felt was realistic

25. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I'll continue to make minor tweaks to this set to get the best results. I think they are close tho. CPU is competitive, now I just need to minimize the god-mode and robo QB stuff.