The E. Season 2: Week 6

Discussion in 'Game Scheduling' started by JCspartan2, Sep 20, 2011.

1. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Site is still down but I was able to advance.

A number of user games this week so get them scheduled!!

Big Suge Knight your game didn't take unfortunately. I don't like what this means, but we will have to see if it continues to be a reoccurring problem throughout this season.

2. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Nautica

I can play pretty much anytime between 3 and 10pm EST, but let me know what works best for you because I have to schedule other stuff around that for school. The earlier the better for me.

3. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I can go at 9:30 tonight

4. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

See you then

5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

So it's week 6 and I have a home game against my in-state rival and not one person on my board is ready for a visit yet. Really?

6. GoGators

Just played my game and won 30-15.....but wait, it never happened cause it failed to upload.

7. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

really this is the 2nd game that this has happened too.

Has anyone else played yet?

8. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Hey Randy, I'm free now and will be on for a long time. So whenever you are ready get on and we'll get this show on the road

9. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

playing in an hour or so...i'll let you all know...

10. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

I see it online on the DW...

11. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Don't worry about it, I'm taking over Illinois prep football recruiting.

Hey, and did anyone notice that I got my ass kicked last week but only fell 3 spots to #14? EA poll logic makes a lot of sense.

12. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

You did get beat by the #1 team in the country though, that had to count towards something.

13. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Hey JCspartan2, Pac-12 play starts this week and I was wondering if you are looking for a new guy to replace Jello? I don't want to miss out on a user game by playing a CPU before i play the newbie

14. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I just walked in, logging on now.

15. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I had an idea to see if we could keep jello1717 if he is willing to play without the no huddle until they patch it.

Jello if you could copy your playbook to a thumb drive and email it to me, I can load it up and save it and see if it works. If it works then you could save your original PB file on a thumb, and only download the patch when you have to play in the OD. and when you want to play your Offline dynasty you would just have to delete the patch off of your HD before you go into the game.

You might want to copy Patch #1 so that you can delete what you need to and copy back over what you need to, to play your offline dyn.

Its a shot as long as your willing.

16. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I'd love this. Jello needs an ass kicking from Tuscon :p

17. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Also, pretty big game here, fella. The winner should take first place in the Pac-12 after the week advances.

• Like Like x 1
  18. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Good game Randy. That was a TOUGH game :p I was screaming and shit in my new apartment and realized i'm probably scaring people. Hopefully we meet in the Championship game!

19. GoGators

I got the email on my phone too so I guess maybe it uploaded. Guess we'll see when we advance.

20. GoGators

LMAO! I'm pretty sure we're recruiting the exact opposite type of players.

21. GoGators

I was thinking something like this would work for a workaround too. Or, a better solution would be to save the patch #2 to a separate thumb drive. Then just take it out when playing offline and put it in when playing in the OD.

What do you say jello1717?

22. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

If either of these two options work I'm 100% ok with it. Jello is a better member than we are going to find anywhere else.

23. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I thought about this when the patch dropped, but I'm not sure if it'd work. For starters, I've never been able to find patch 1. I figured that I could save patch 1 off, try patch 2, and if it didn't work, revert back to patch 1. I asked if this would work a while ago and didn't get any answers.
    • I've looked for patch 1, but couldn't find it. I checked the memory section my of xbox and found ncaa12, my profile for it, my saved games, my CPBs, but I never saw any patches or tuners. I checked for ncaa '11 and didn't see any patches or tuners there either so I don't know where they're kept.
    • I don't know how to move/copy files around on my xbox. How do I do this (if I'm able to find the patch)?
    • I believe I need to format my thumb drive somehow. I only have 1 and my wife uses it for school. Is it safe to assume that this would corrupt the data she has on it and probably make it unusable for her as well?
    • If I were to put patch 2 on a thumb drive, then is it safe to assume that I'd have to recover my gamertag on the thumb drive? Would I also have to save my profile on the thumb drive? If I'm able to copy files from drive to drive, then I could do it like that, otherwise, I'm not sure how to save my profile from 1 drive to another as I tried this with my internal 512M or whatever it is of memory and was unable to save either my profile or my CPBs to that while in game.
    If I were to try this, the only way I think I'd feel comfortable doing it (IE. not risking screwing up what I've already got with patch 1) would be to remove my HDD and then fire up the game with only the thumbdrive inserted.

24. GoGators

I never knew where those files were either but when I bootlegged my old hard drive into my new xbox I found them when I set the thing up. When in your xbox dashboard, before loading the game, go to your system settings. It's all the way to the right on the my xbox menu level. Once there, select that and then:

Walk through:
    Xbox dashboard > My Xbox > System Settings >Memory > Hard Drive > Games > NCAA 12 > Viola! Scroll to "NCAA Football 12 Title Update #2.

Once it's highlighted, you can hit "A" to select it and you'll have the option to copy/move/delete patch #2. Patch #1 is in there too as "Tuning Update" as well as all your saved dynasty files and playbook files.

I would go in there through the dashboard, and move your custom playbook to the flash drive as a backup. Then you should be able to experiment with the patch and if it doesn't work, just go back to this view and delete it.

The flash drive should work. I used one before on my step brothers xbox cause he didn't have a hard drive and I needed to download ESPN 3 so I could watch the UF vs FSU game last year while in Michigan for Thanksgiving....In hindsight, I could of missed that game........but that should work. Also, I think you can pick up flash drives pretty cheap. Maybe like $15 for what you'd need. I think it'd be worth a shot if you want to continue on with the OD.

If you don't open your offline dynasty while the patch is on your hard drive it shouldn't impact that file. The playbooks need to be resaved with the new patch so I don't think it would affect that either unless you actually tried to use your custom playbook while the patch was loaded onto the game.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

• Like Like x 1
  25. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I probably didn't explain it very well when I said:
    But where you described is exactly where I looked, but I don't see any patches. I have 129 files there, highlights, saved games, profile, etc, but I don't see any patches at all. If it's called "NCAA Football 12 Title Update #1" then you can see below that I don't have it in this location.

EDIT:
    I just reread your post and you said patch 1 was called "tuning update" (which I don't think is patch 1, but is the tuner for patch 2 that came after it) but I don't have a "Tuning Update" either.

[​IMG]