The E Season 3: Power Rankings

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by UofCWildcat, Sep 12, 2012.

1. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Preseason Power Rankings:

It's finally here! The E has finally gotten through another Off-season and everyone is still striving to be the first user National Champion (while some are just hoping to win their respective Conferences). Everyone has high hopes coming into the season. Lot's of teams have high expectations and everyone will stub their toes on each other. But who will come out on top? Who knows, but we'll tell you what we determined at the top dogs!

1. Florida St: The Seminoles come in as the top ACC talent-wise. Coach Big Suge Knight has to find a way to get his team to stay focused on the task at hand. The Seminoles always find a way to lose a questionable game. Can he do it? If so, there is no reason why the Seminoles become the first user in the NCG.

2. TCU: The Horned Frogs had a phenomenal 2013 compared to their 2012 trek. Coach Darkwing really turned the ship around after a tumultuous season. People said it was him being unable to get accustomed to his new job but he quickly dispelled that notion. TCU also has talent out the ass but can the topple SMU?

3. Kansas St: "How can this be? You're telling me the user who finished 3rd in his division and lost his bowl game is 3rd?! This is a travesty!" Hear me out. Coach Masler has an amazing team on paper. Not only that, it looks 100% suited for his style. His FR Quarterback will only get better. This team has worlds of potential and just needs to keep their focus down the home stretch (1-3 in the final 4 games last season)

4. Georgia Tech: Georgia Tech has some series speed on their team, especially with their two HBs Zenon and Snoody. Coach aarondramp needs to settle his QB down though. 24 picks is in no way acceptable. The Safeties look semi susceptible but with two beast corners, they should feel safe. The Dline is also young. But the talent factor makes them a very good team.

5. Maryland: The 2-time ACC Champs drop off a bit with the loss of C.J. Brown. Their defense also has some minor issues. Coach LSUTRUTH boast of a great record but with the influx of his own players, you can expect a drop off. Can the Terps hold on to their firm grasp of the ACC? We'll see but my vote is they won't be playing in Charlotte this year. But don't look past em!

6. Baylor: The Bears from Waco have some explosiveness on offense with Lache Seastrunk returning from a season ending injury in 2013. They also have their QB back along with a solid Oline. So why are Coach blLL flo and his Bears ranked so low? Having to replace their Dline and a good portion of their secondary. Not good for a team who had some struggles scoring last season against teams like BYU and Oklahoma.

7. Virginia: The Cavaliers are going to be a handful. DO NOT TAKE THIS RANKING TO HEART! Coach dakota7 is a force as a head coach. And he has a solid team down in Charlottesville. If you think they will roll over you are dead wrong. This is my surprise team to win the ACC but they've gotta get past the likes of FSU and Georgia Tech and even UNC.

8. North Carolina: Why so low? This team is talent at it's finest. Hands down the best HB in the league and a solid defense. But the lose of Coach Edge and Coach Jolts57 coming in is a huge question mark. We'll see how he handles the pressure but he has to gain the trust of his team fast or else he will be in a world of hurt.

9. SMU: The Big XII Champions? 9th? Most people wonder why and to be honest, this team could be worlds lower on this list. The only thing keeping them up is Coach jello1717 and his wonderful way to bring the best out of anyone. With out Coach Jello, this team is easily the second worst team. But the Mustangs will be competing for another Big XII Title.

10. BYU: The Cougars are also down low after a Big XII North Crown. The loss of JD Fasley and Michael Alisa is going to cripple the BYU offense and put a lot of pressure on Tanner Mangum. But Coach UofCWildcat will find a way to make them good. His defense is growing up and Tanner Mangum looks to be the driving force for the Cougars

11. Houston: A lot of talent but the question marks with Coach niuhuskie224 are holding them back. Turnovers killed the Cougars and it really is perplexing how this team won the Big XII in 2012 but didn't even get to a bowl in 2013. If Houston can figure out a lot of the problems that hurt them last season, the talent is there to compete.

12. Arkansas St: Oh boy. Coach iBleedOrange247 looks to have taken a real leap of faith here. But his heart is with the Red Wolves and he hopes to make them relevant in the ACC. There is nearly no talent on this team aside from Auburn transfer Michael Dyer who said without a shadow of a doubt he would come back for an ASU man. There are a lot of problems but the Red Wolves will not be a team to look over.

• Like Like x 2
  2. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

What's funny is I think this is my most complete team that I have had. What dors that say about my talent level On jello status

Good job uofcwildcat I enjoyed reading this. Not being a dick

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  3. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Houston will be back for the 2014 season.​

4. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

One word, err two words: Giovani Bernard :)

5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

He looks so good... I would of had you 4th but i don't know how you'll acclimate to the E so i'm having you 9th as a let's see basis

I hope so man. Don't like people not being in bowls.

I think your team has gaps on defense which would bother me a lot. You also have an unproven QB which who looks to only have gotten some back up time. Not enough in my eyes to lock you up for the ACC. But you've proven me wrong before.

• Like Like x 1
  6. LSUTRUTH

You know I return every defensive starter but 1. And he is brig replaced replaced by a freshman with higher bsh

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  7. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

lol yeah I wouldn't have put me any higher than that. Hopefully I can force myself to run enough and utilize him.

8. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

WHAT?!?! You do? Why couldn't i have played you last year? They don't look that good right now (no offense. Mine aren't any better).

9. LSUTRUTH

Yea I return everybody. My LE left however he was a 78 and my RE the 89 was hurt all year. I return all 3 LB and added a JUCO CB who is 6'3 and will start right away. My Safeties have started since the first season. I know this doesnt mean much but I had 3 +8 player porgressions this offseason all on defense. MLB FS SS all went up 8 and my SS was already a super beast. I play a 4-3

10. LSUTRUTH

I actually return 19 of 22 starters from last season. Also my QB started 1 game last year and finished 2 others when Brown was hurt.

11. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

We're going for motherfucking gold!

• Like Like x 1
  12. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Uhhhhhhh, if my name was iBleedOrange247 I would take some serious offense to this statement!

• Like Like x 1
  13. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Yeah, I saw Dyer was 99 and the Heisman winner. Done goofed on that one. But i'll stick with my statement

14. HoundsOfHowl

He wont be used like the CPU cheeses with him this year, I'll use him sparingly, but he could go for heisman if he wants to step up when it matters

15. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

lol maybe you need to move me to last after losing to the CPU. Guess I should've broken in my new playbook in an offline game ><

16. LSUTRUTH

Team Overalls

1. FSU - 95 overall
    1a. Virginia - 95 overall (Where did all this talent come from)
    3. TCU - 93 overall
    3a. UNC - 93 overall
    5. Maryland - 91 overall
    5a. Georgia Tech - 91 overall
    7. Houston - 89 overall
    8. SMU- 87 overall
    8a. BYU - 87 overall
    10. KSU - 85 overall
    10a. Baylor - 85 overall
    12. Ark State - 83 overall

17. LSUTRUTH

I have a better defensive rating than FSU go figure LOL I looked at my D they do look weak :(

18. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

You must be new to the E. dakota7 is very good if you didn't know. Check his 3 or 4 (i can't remember) National Titles in NCAA '12

19. LSUTRUTH

I know he was good. He has been under the radar with recruit this year

20. HoundsOfHowl

I feel like Ive got a solid team to win the division with, if I could only beat Florida State in the clutch, back to back years I felt like I was so close, maybe a new team will do it. Maryland, I'll probably lose to, and Virginia will be a tough game for me as well, but I think maybe in 2-3 years I'll get a championship

21. Masler

Masler Moderator

I'm 89 overall

22. jello1717

She may believe you when you tell her you're 12 inches (although she probably doesn't) but we definitely don't believe you when you tell us you're 89 OVR.

[​IMG]

23. Masler

Masler Moderator

That's not what it said for me. Said I was 89 overall, 89 on offense, 85 on defense

24. jello1717

I'm assuming this was the preseason, right? When I was bitching about having to play both FSU and TCU they were both showing as 97 OVR and UNC was a 94. I'm guessing those are the OVRs before any redshirting and when guys are RSed, the team's overall goes down.

That's just a guess, but probably a pretty good one.

25. Masler

Masler Moderator

Yep that's when I did my preview