The E. Season 3 Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by JCspartan2, Oct 11, 2011.

1. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

POST EM UP FOOLS!

2. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

[​IMG][​IMG]

44-7

[​IMG]

The Green Machine defense dominated the MSU from the south on a soggy playing field. The rain caused problems for both teams. Multiple times WRs slipped and caused broken plays and INTs. Fortunately the Spartans are based on establishing the run, and that's exactly what they did behind bell cow HB Nick Hill. Hill wore down the Bulldog front seven and started breaking some big runs in the second half that helped ice the game and keep MSU from making a comeback. Maligned QB Andrew Maxwell had a solid day despite the field conditions as he racked up over 200 yards passing with a couple of TD passes and only 1 INT. If there are any questions marks after this game for the Spartans, it is the offensive line. The line looks like it is going to take some time to come together after loosing 3 starters from last year as they allowed 6 sacks on Maxwell during the game.

Statistics:

Maxwell: 15/26 258 2TDs 1INT

Hill 24 Carries 128 Yards 2 TDs

LOLB Denicos Allen 6 Tkls 2 Sacks

3. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Style Points!

Arkansas starts 2013 with an impressive win over UCF 50-21!

The razorbacks would come off strong in the 1st half, putting up 37 with the help of freshman RB Pierre Cruz who would rumble 67yds on the opening play to kick off the Razorbacks 2013 campaign for a 2nd straight SEC championship and a National Championship.

Brandon Mitchell had a solid outing for his first start at QB, going 13-23 for 255 and 3 TD. The starters on Defense were outstanding shutting out UCF for the entire first half and accumulating 4 sacks.

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Washington State 10
    Wisconsin 41

The Badgers destroyed the Cougars behind a balanced offensive attack and a overpowering defense that came up with some big plays. QB Jon Budmayer threw for over 200 yards and 3 touchdowns while pre-season Heisman front runner Melvin Gordon ran for 125 and 1 score. Bucky will host Arizona State next week.

5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Is it on heisman?

6. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Judging by these scores, I sure hope not.

Considering I need to play TCU, a team I couldn't beat on AA with a vastly superior Michigan team, I sure hope so!

7. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

It's on super CPU mode because that game I just played was a f****** joke. Jammal Berry on the opening play ran 75 yrds for a TD and had almost 300yrds. I just stop even trying to run because it was just plain funny. I just simmed it after the 3rd because I lost all interest in the game.

8. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Ohio State will do that to you on Heisman. But it won't help that Nautica was doing the schedules and you get tOSU, Oregon, and Texas as CPU games while he gives himself (the SEC champ) UCF, Arkansas State, and Texas A&M.

LOL

9. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

ya I noticed that.

10. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Wow, considering how much he loves me, I can only image my schedule.

11. GoGators

I agree that's blatant bullshit.

12. jello1717

As did I.

13. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I responded to this in a PM.

14. jello1717

It's still on All American. I'm sure JCspartan2 will bump it up to Heisman for next week.

15. jello1717

#10[​IMG][​IMG]
    24________________31
    Down Go The Horny Toads

The outmanned Devils took on TCU at home and used their 12th man to get this victory. While there were a couple of stars on offense, the defense was the story as they held TCU to only 24 points whereas most analysts were predicting 40 points from the Horned Frogs. The D did a lot of bending as they gave up 402 yards, but they rarely broke as they forced 5 punts. They were put in a couple of tough spots due to offensive turnovers in our own territory, but overall played great. They forced 2 turnovers, including a HUGE interception in our red zone and got to the QB 5 times, most of which were coverage sacks.

Offensively, the Devils couldn't seem to establish a ground game, but QB Eubanks was brilliant throwing the ball. He had a QBR over 200 for the 4th game in a row (and in 4 of the 5 games of his career) as he completed 68% of his passes for 285 yards, 4 TD, but 2 INTs. The biggest receiving threat, as expected, was SR WR J.J.Holliday who scored a TD on all 3 receptions for a whopping 189 yards including 121 YAC. While ASU didn't run the ball well as a team (we didn't even have a single rushing TD), starting HB Deantre Lewis played well with 92 yards on 10 carries.

Next week we travel to Madison to take on the #3 Badgers.

16. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

The sliders didn't get changed because Nautica did the advance and I didn't think to remind him. So these are actually still the sliders from the end of last season. I'm telling you guys that heisman is very realistic and you wont get much GOD MODE CPU unless your playing a team that is vastly (and I'm talking 3 or 4 letter grades) better than you. I don't know if any of you other than Nautica took my advice and tried heisman out on your own, but trust me on this one.

It's funny though, this isn't the first time that I haven't changed the sliders, yet someone gets blown out and immediately it's the sliders fault. That may have been the case in this one (I noticed it in the bowl game last season), but sometimes the CPU just goes bananas on you.

17. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

What are the exact set your using and want to implement? I have been using Heisman default with User PBK set to 60 and CPU P.Rush set to 40 and I love how it plays. The running game is a pleasant challenge and the passing game feels good with actually being able to let plays develop and run the play actions without fear of being sacked almost every time. The only thing is the option game feels almost non existent, but that is due to the CPU's in ability to accelerate.

18. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I remember last years game, and I'm sure JC would vouch for this, In T1 OSU's team was a nightmare to go up against.

It always seems like Bama and tOSU are the worst CPU teams to play against

19. GoGators

Nautica

Hey, in hindsight it seems my comment was in poor taste so I wanted to apologize for that. I made it from my iphone in the middle of the tigs game so I didn't really think before hitting send. Didn't mean to cause such a stir. Thanks again for all you contribute to the league chief.

20. jello1717

Whose option game is non existent, user's or CPU's? If it's CPU's, then that's probably not very fixable in an OD. In my offline I actually need to have 2 sets of sliders, 1 normal one for pro/multiple teams and 1 with CPU RB turned up for everyone else. Of course, that's not doable in an OD.

21. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    aOSU is always pulling shot out their ass in this game.

22. jello1717

ASU @ #3 Wisconsin - A Statistical Breakdown and Preview

Last year the Devils were humilated by the Badgers. Let's take a look at how that game went and what must change in order for ASU to have any shot of keeping the game closer this year. (yes I could be giving away my strategy, but I can't imagine anything I say will come as a surprise to dakota7 )

Category Arizona State Wisconsin
    Score 7 42
    First Downs 11 13
    Total Offense 206 532
    (1)Rushes-YDS-TD 22-49-0 39-295-4
    COMP-ATT-TD 12-27-1 8-9-2
    (2)Passing YDS 157 237
    (3)Sacked 7 0
    (4)3rd Down Conv 3-11 6-10
    4th Down Conv 0-1 0-1
    2pt Conv 0-0 0-0
    Redzone-TD-FG 2-1-0 1-0-0
    (5)Turnovers 2 0
    Fumbles-Lost 1-1 0-0
    Intercepted 1 0
    PR Yds 13 38
    KR Yds 172 25
    Total Yards 391 595
    Punts-Average 6-45 2-40.5
    Penalties-YDS 0-0 0-0
    T.O.P. 11:55 20:05

(1)Both teams offenses relies on the establishing the run. 2 YPC will not cut it for ASU and they must improve that to have a shot in this game. That'll be difficult however with the departure of Cam Marshall. On the flip side, if our D can't limit the Badgers to a reasonable number of rushing yards, it's game over.

(2)237 yards passing on 8 completions? Seriously? Nuff said.

(3)This is the #1 thing that must change this year. The Wisconsin hogmollies completely dominated on both sides of the ball. As a result ASU's QB was on his back more than a $2 hooker while the 'Sconsin QB was busy checking out the pretty ASU cheerleaders (because, really, who would want to look @ a Wisconsin cheerleader?) with all of his time in the pocket.

(4)It's football 101, but if your offense can't stay on the field and your defense can't get off the field, you're going to have a tough time.

(5)The 2 ASU TOs last year were actually not bad. One was on a bad option pitch while the other was an INT late in the game when it was already over. If we take care of the ball like we did last year, I'll actually be happy. On the other side, however, I think that we need to force a turnover or 2 in order to have a shot. 0 isn't acceptable.

If the 5 points above can be addressed, then ASU should be able to keep it within 14 points and make the score respectable. If not, then expect another blowout. If we can do everything above and force some turnovers, then we'll have a shot to pull off the upset.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

the user's option game, I was trying with Golston in my offline with ND and could run the read or spread option to save my life with the QB. I was getting decent pitch gains but other than that, I was getting blown up in the backfield.

24. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Its fine, I need to watch my temper

25. jello1717

Ruh-roh Raggy!