The E. Season 3: Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by jello1717, Sep 13, 2012.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Post 'em up.

2. jello1717

SMU 35
    Rice 21

In the Battle For The Mayor's Cup, SMU showed that they a lot of room for growth, particularly on the defensive side of the ball. Offensively, QB Brad Simmons showed early warning signs of a sophomore slump as the 70% career passer only completed 60% and threw a pick against a bad Rice team. Defensively SMU went through multiple stretches were they were completely incapable of getting the Rice offense the hell off the field and couldn't get any pressure at all. Then on the last drive, coach Jello finally said "fuck it" and stopped calling blitzes from a 4 man line, lined up in 3-2-6 and only rushed 3 and got 3 coverage sacks in a row to close out the game.

To no one's surprise, the lone high point of the game was the SMU ground attack as they just bullied the porous Owl D and ran all over them. They tallied 340 yards and 4 TDs on 43 carries. SMU had 5 guys rush for at least 38 yards, 3 guys go for at least 60 yards and 3 guys rush for at least 1 TD.

Game Balls:
    QB Brad Simmons - 11 car, 115 yds (10.4 YPC), TD, career long 80 yarder (previous long was 56 yards)
    HB#2 Rishaad Wimbley - 9 car, 66 yds (7.3 YPC), 2 TD
    HB#1 Jared Williams - 9 car, 61 yds (6.7 YPC), TD
    WR Tommy Freeman - 3 rec, 51 yds, TD - 3 car, 38 yds (12.6 YPC) - 3 tkls, 1 sack
    SS Wayne Mangum - 9 tkls, TFL, 2 defl
    CB Ty Law - 6 tkls, INT, defl
    SS Dwayne Coleman - 5 tkls, INT
    DT Gareth Riley Ayers - 3 tkls, 3 TFL, 2 sacks

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  3. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Maryland Rolls Navy 27-13

While the score doesnt look like a blowout this was total domination. Navy would score on Marylands second team defense on the final poss of the game. Freshman DE Scott East had 6 sacks yes 6 sacks. All coverage sacks and one where he came untouched. I posted these on the DW hopefully they work. Navy would have 33 rushes for 23 yards as Marylands defense looked to be in mid season form of course with 10 of 11 starters back they should look good.

Eric Parker - 6/12 passing 108 1 TD. 5 rush 32 yards
    Rory Morris - 21 carries for 113 yards
    Devin Burns - 2 catches 52 yards 1 TD
    LA Goree - 10 tackles
    Scott East - 6 sacks

4. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

Death Valley witnesses a TCU massacre of the kittens, 49-21.

This game was opposite of the Maryland game above, as LSU actually won the statistical battle on the field but failed to come close on the scoreboard. Outside of a long HB Green TD run there was no threat from the TCU ground game which is what I need to work on. The defensive was also very poor especially in the 1st quarter as the Tigers were unstoppable. However SR QB Matt Brown, a 1st year starter, stepped up to the challenge and cashed in on a monster 393 yard 6 TD day. The Horned Frogs also had a respectable 8/10 rate on 3rd downs.

Look for the Frogs to work on D, adding more rushing in and improving their turnover ratio before the showdown with UNC.

TCU MVP: (split honors for the week)
    HB Aaron Green -- 8 rushes, 76 yards TD | 3 catches, 166 yards 2TDs
    QB Matt Brown -- 13/20 393 yards 6TDs

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

Kansas State - 35

Tennessee - 25

The passing attack and Demarcus Robinson were too much for the Volunteer defense today. Even with such a young team I saw huge strides of talent on the field. Bender ended up throwing 4 touchdown passes and no interceptions. Robinson rushed for over 100 and 100 on special teams. UT tried to tie it up late in the fourth but missed the FG and Robinson took it to the house, which was considered a fumble recovery for a TD.

Great start to the season before we ship out to Florida to play the Seminoles

Stats

T. Bender - 271.9 QBR, 9/14, 189 yards, 4 TD
    D. Robinson - 18 Att, 128 yards, 7.1 ypc, 4 KR, 98 yards, 1 PR, 6 yards, 1 FR-TD
    C. Sexton - 3 Rec, 86 yards, 2 TD
    D. Veatch - 3 Rec, 69 yards, 2 TD
    D. Eaton - 5 Tackles, 1 TFL, 1 INT
    X. Gates - 6 Tackles, 1 TFL, 1.5 Sacks

And I had to throw this highlight up (Sexton is the WR)

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

If you click NCAA Football.....it will take you to the right video, guess I can't embed them

7. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

[​IMG]
    Tanner's Brother!!!

8. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

The Tarheels escape Dallas with a narrow victory over SMU 17-14

In a very sloppy game with many miscues by both teams, North Carolina was able to make just enough big plays to get the road win over #25 Southern Methodist University.

As Coach Jello arrived at the stadium and was interviewed by Erin Andrews he had this to say “This game will be a real test for our team. Even though UNC was upset by Oregon State last week, they're still a solid team that will give us a run for our money. This rain is a concern. We haven't had a chance to practice in the rain because of the dry season.”

The game opened with UNC winning the coin toss but team captain Giovani Bernard said he wanted to take the ball first even though coach said to open the game on defense. Despite the early mix-up the Tarheels marched down the field and finished their opening drive with a 6-yard TD run by back-up QB William Hubbard on the option keeper.

After forcing the Mustangs into an early punt, UNC was quick to drive down the field again. Senior HB Giovani Bernard had an 11-yard rush to set-up the 1-yard TD by FB Jack Tabb to give North Carolina the 14-0 lead early 2nd quarter. On SMU's following possession sophomore QB Brad Simmons put together a long, methodical drive but on 4th and 1 from the 2-yard line coach Jello decided to go for the TD. QB Brad Simmons threw an errant pass, missing wide-open WR Derrick Thompson. With the ball at their own 2-yard line the Tarheels were glad to stop SMU's offense but they needed to find a way out of their own end zone. On 3rd down the Tarheels managed a few yards for a safer punt. SMU got the ball back with great field position but on a ball that was way overthrown QB Brad Simmons threw an easy INT right into the hands of free safety Danny Moore.

After SMU had a decent drive to open the 3rd quarter, the Mustangs were forced to punt after getting stopped on the 3rd down run. North Carolina put together another solid drive but had to settle for a field goal to make the score 17-0. The SMU Mustangs wouldn't give up and on their next drive QB Brad Simmons hit star receiver Derrick Thompson for a 31-yard TD near the end of the 3rd quarter.

SMU managed to stop UNC on a huge 3rd down early in the 4th quarter and forced UNC's second punt of the game. The Mustangs put together another great drive with QB Brad Simmons throwing another TD pass to WR Derrick Thompson to bring the Mustangs within 3.

The Tarheels knew they only need a couple first downs and the game would be over, but on a run by QB Marquise Williams he made the mistake of stepping out of bounds. After getting stuffed on 3rd and short UNC brought out their kicker to attempt the long field goal but missed! SMU got the ball back, down 3, with 20 seconds left. The Mustangs were held to only 10 yards on their first two plays and with only 5 seconds left were forced to throw the long hail mary. CB Sam Smiley finished the game by intercepting the hail mary.

This was one ugly game. The rain certainly caused a lot of mistakes. SMU had a couple dropped picks and errant throws by the QB, but UNC also missed a would-be TD pass when the receiver slipped after making a great cut to the end zone. All in all great game. With the win UNC shows they still deserve to be in the top 25, but with the loss it looks like SMU will fall back out of the top 25.

Player of the Game: SMU WR Derrick Thompson 6 catches for 79 yards and 2 Tds

GG jello

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  9. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

10. aarondramp

Arkansas St - 3
    Georgia Tech - 24

This game got off to a bit of a slow start. The entire first half was spent on Arkansas State's side of the field, but Georgia Tech is still struggling with interceptions and also missed a field goal. Arkansas State finally got off a chance when Synjyn Davis was hit while throwing the ball and DT Markel Owens grabbed the ball out of the air for a big return. Arkansas State wouldn't move the ball and kicked a short field goal to take the lead 3-0.

In the second half, Georgia Tech finally got some momentum when Ryan Dean picked off a pass and ran it back 18 yards for the first TD of the game. After Arkansas State couldn't move the ball, the Yellow Jackets put in a nice drive that was finished with a 33 yard TD pass to Jeff Greene (I should have made a highlight of this one), who jumped over two defenders, got hit, and then walked in 10 yards for the score.

In the 4th quarter, Zenon finall broke one lose and went 45 yards to put GT up 21-3. After that, Georgia Tech went conservative on offense and added a late field goal for a final of 24-3.

Overall, Arkansas State just couldn't move the ball. They ended the game with 109 yards on offense as it seemed that there were Tech defenders in the backfield most of the game. Potential Freshman of the Year contender DT John Battle had 2 sacks in his first college football game. Georgia Tech's offense was balanced with 179 passing yards and 183 rushing yards but must find a way to stop giving the other team the ball.

GG iBleedOrange247

11. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]17
    [​IMG]23
    With the remnants of a tropical storm a couple hundred miles off the eastern seaboard the Florida State Seminoles hosted the Kansas State Wildcats in a torrential downpour. The 7th ranked 'Noles watched as KSU HB DeMarcus Robinson trotted 30 yards for the opening score of the game. FSU jumped back into action as Jemeis Winston connected with Jarred Haggins on a slant that Haggins turned up the field for a 63 yard TD reception. The TD was the first career score for the Senior speedster. The teams traded punts until FSU kicker Cason Beatty connected on a 30 yard field goal late in the first quarter. In the second quarter the teams struggled offensively with punts and turnovers ending possessions. Lawrence Rankin's 21 yard field goal tied up the ball game at 10 - 10 after Beatty was unable to connect on a 50 yarder on the previous Florida State possession.

Beatty atoned for his early miss connectinng on two field goals of 34 and 30 yards in the second quarter giving the 'Noles a 16 - 10 lead. On 4th and insches the Wildcats elected to go for the first down and had it as Tavarius Bender took the snap and ran up the middle for the first down. Unfortunately Bender tried to get a extra yards and linebacker Karlos Williams laid the wood dislodging the ball before recovering it. With the short field ahead of them, Florida State's offense moved down to the 6 yard line where Devonta Freeman jogged into the endzone untouched. In the final quarter neither team did much offensively. Late in the final frame bender moved his team down the field before connecting with Curry Sexton on a 8 yard TD pass to cut the deficit to 6. Recovering the onside kick sealed the victory for Florida State. Next week Flordia State takes on the Pitt Panthers at Heinz Field for its ACC opener. GG Masler the turnovers were big.
    Team Stats.GIF
    Game recap.GIF

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  12. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Fuck... The ACC is flexing their muscles with a 3-0 record this week

• Like Like x 2
  13. Masler

Masler Moderator

Gg Big Suge Knight, Bender has a Bye to think things over next week after being responsible for all of our turnovers

14. LSUTRUTH

MARYLAND - 44
    BYU- 41

OVERTIME BITCHES
    Maryland at home would need an act of god to win this game vs BYU this week. Fortunately for them this happened. Crazyy 77 yard TD pass with 20 seconds left on the clock. How did it come to this?
    The game began with Maryland receiving the opening kickoff. They would come out grinding the ball in their Power I set for the first 3 plays to show they wanted to be physical. They would drive down with some great passing from QB Eric Parker and solid runs from him as well. They would score on a 12 yard pass to Burns over the middle. After Maryland would stop BYU they would hand them 7 points on a terrible throw on a quick hitch route. From there on out the Flood gates were flowing on offense for both teams. There were very few punts in this game with the teams instead trading turnovers or touchdowns. Big plays were key for BYU as Maryland would drive and BYU would answer with a quick strike.
    Maryland would come to life in the 4th quarter cutting a 14 deficit to a tie ball game. First it started with QB Parker getting red hot throwing the ball. He would get it done with his legs first a 4 yard TD run. After a Maryland stop Parker was at it again this time connecting on multiple short routes. Then a Justus Pickett run from 39 yards out was wide open for another score. With the game tied Maryland needed a stand from its defense. On the first play All America SS Matt Robinson jumped a curl route that hit him right in the hands and he would drop it :( 4 plays later BYU was scoring a touchdown and taking a 7 point lead. Maryland would turn it over and the game seemed over after this. However they had 2 timeouts after 3 BYU wildcat runs there would be just over 30 seconds left on the clock. Two quick completions for Maryland then the 77 yard bomb which is on the DW. Tied. The two teams go into overtime.
    After a Mangum scramble the next play would be huge. On a stutter route the BYU TE would come wide open and drop the ball. Off the deflection Maryland LB LA Goree would intercept the ball. Crazy ass play. On DW as well. Maryland would pound the ball and kick the game winning FG
    UM
    Parker - 30/50 519 -2 TD -3 INT- 9 rush 43 yards 1 TD
    Morris - 8 rush 15 yards 1 TD 8 catches 134 yards
    Scott East - 4 sacks :) Freshman now has 10 sacks in 2 games
    BYU
    Mangum - 24/37 454 yards 4 TD 2 INT - 9 rush 27 yards​
    Matthews 6 catchs - 166 yards 1 TD​
    Pauu- 6 tackles ​

15. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

1) Like i said when i texted you, we traded off with lucky plays. Unfortunately for me, yours came late...
    2) Not gonna lie, it semi pissed me off that you said Knee it out and the started calling Timeouts. I'm never looking at my phone during a game again. Not your fault at all, just shouldn't of been so conservative
    3) I honestly put the controller down and walked away from the Tv for a good 30 seconds and kept asking myself why this game hates me.
    4) This kid is a beast... It also doesn't help i give up sacks like i'm Santa Claus.
    5) Mangum has been a trooper this year. 14 incompletions and a few were bull shit drops. I'm loving my new offense and It's here to stay.

Great game man. I honestly will never take my foot off someone's throat again. I wanna keep this going rivalry going. I say we take another year off so i can play some of the other FNGs but maybe we do an every other year things? And hopefully this time you come to LaVell Edwards :D

16. LSUTRUTH

I assumed you running wildcat you werent trying to knee it up. You didnt respond until a few plays in. Miscommunication

17. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Don't worry about it. All my fault there.

18. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Huge, Huge, Win for the Cougars. Recap forthcoming.

Houston scores with 13 seconds left. 36-33 victory.

19. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Sounds familiar....

20. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Virginia 24
    Arky State 6

Not much to say here, iBleedOrange247 was unable to play so the UVA coach played very conservatively. The Wolves struggled on offense, turning the ball over twice and struggling to find any success thru the air. New QB David Watford was outstanding, completing 12/14 for 125 yards and 2 touchdowns. Watford added 53 yards rushing on 12 carries and 1 touchdowns. Tight end David Cutler caught a touchdown as did freshman Scott Parrish. Next up is Hawaii.

21. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

The North Carolina Tarheels march into Forth Worth and knock off #2 ranked TCU 34-10

UNC's defense came to play today. After allowing a long 14 play, 75 yard drive to open the game, UNC didn't let TCU cross the 40 again until late 4th quarter.

Today's game in Fort Worth started with the TCU Horny Frogs taking the ball down the field, completing three straight third down passes, but then having to settle for a field goal after coming up inches short on a 3rd down run by QB Matt Brown. The Tarheels were quick to respond putting together a drive of their own that was finished with a 2-yard TD run by FB Jack Tabb to go up 7-3. TCU got the ball back and with a 3rd and long coming up, QB Matt Brown tried hitting his well-covered slot WR. Senior CB Ryan Mangum picked off the QB to give UNC good field position.

UNC quickly capitalized on the turnover with a strike from QB Marquise Williams to WR TJ Thorpe for a 52-yard TD.

After forcing UNC into a very fast 3 and out, UNC got the ball back and managed a field goal before half to put the Tarheels up 17-3.

UNC started the 2nd half where they left off in the 1st half. QB Marquise Williams drove his team down the field and star HB Giovani Bernard punched the ball in from the 6-yard line to put North Carolina up 24-3 early in the 3rd quarter.

After a couple 3 and outs by both teams this game entered the 4th quarter with the score still at 24-3. TCU got the ball back and knew they had to do something quick or the game would be out of reach. TCU got creative and lined up star WR Brandon Carter in the slot. The North Carolina coach saw this and told safety Jeff Schoettmer to watch the deep ball. Sure enough the TCU QB launched a deep throw into double coverage and Schoettmer came up with the huge interception.

UNC came up with another touchdown off the turnover, with the drive capped by a 3-yard TD run by HB Giovani Bernard. With the score at 31-3 late 4th this game was pretty much over. TCU managed a couple big drives while UNC was in the prevent, but it was too little too late. The Tarheels held on for the biggest win in school history, 34-10 final.

After opening the season with a disappointing loss to Oregon State, UNC has bounced back and beaten two consecutive ranked(user) teams. After seeing TCU's first drive, coach Josh B made some key adjustments and from that point on the UNC defense was dominant, holding the high powered TCU offense to only 45 total yards for the next two quarters. Star TCU WR Brandon Carter was held to only one catch and TCU QB Matt Brown, after putting up 400 yards in his first game, was held to 11/26 passing with 126 yards, 0 TDs, and 2 interceptions.

Player of the Game: UNC QB Marquise Williams had the best game of his career today. He completed 12/14 passes for 193 yards and a TD, and rushed the ball 10 times for 75 yards.

gg Darkwing

22. jello1717

SMU 38
    North Texas 20

SMU had their way with the Not So Mean Green in this rivalry matchup. The SMU starters outscored NT 38-7 with the Green's only points coming on a KR for a TD. The North Texas starters outscored the SMU backups 13-0 to make the game closer than it should've been, but SMU got to give some playing time to guys that normally don't see the field so it was a win/win for both teams.

Game Balls:
    QB Brad Simmons - 280.5, 5/7 (71%), 135 yds, TD - 12 car, 49 yds (4.0 YPC), TD
    HB#2 Rishaad Wimbley - 6 car, 51 yds (8.5 YPC), TD
    HB#1 Jared Williams - 6 car, 32 yds (5.3 YPC), TD
    HB#3 Isaac Richardson - 7 car, 46 yds (6.5 YPC)
    RG Ben Hughes - 7 pancakes, 0 sacks allowed

23. LSUTRUTH

Maryland - 34
    Baylor - 31

In a game in which Maryland lead by 17 for most of the game Baylor made a nice comeback at the end. With 1 second left on the clock they would try and convert the onside kick with a chance for a long FG. Marylands offense was nearly unstoppable With QB Parker coming off his 50 attempt game would only throw the ball 15 times and that would be enough. Parker also carried the ball 7 times for 19 yards. Rory Morris who's nickname might as well be prime time cause when you turn the lights on he goes all out went 18 carries for 132 yards 2 TDs and also added3 catches for 49 yards. Morris consistently beat the 1st tackler and had great YAC. Maryland went into the game looking to stop the Baylor run offense. Seastrunk had 9 carries for 29 yards but the guy who gashed was the QB Seth Russell with 8 carries for 72 yards and a TD. Baylor was forced to get away from the run due to a stacked box and being down 17 points.

Great Game blLL flo

24. aarondramp

Georgia Tech - 17
    Boston College - 6

Who knew that BC hit so hard. After knocking out Synjyn Davis on the first drive (hurt while throwing a pick no less), Boston College took out star Senior HB Tony Zenon for 11 weeks. At this point, Tech is hoping he could be back for a bowl game. Broderick Snoddy will have to step up in his absence, and there is a chance the Yellow Jackets could lift a redshirt off one of their freshmen HB's.

As for the game, Tech struggled to move the ball and used a fairly conservative rushing attack. Their defense played well allowing just 206 yards and forcing 3 interceptions. There isn't much else to say about this one.

25. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

The difference was the INT at the end of the first half as I was trying to be aggressive from my own 25 instead of killing the clock and getting the ball back at halftime. Or the difference in talent levels as my defense was just out manned. Offense too, but we've got a decent amount of tricks to remedy that.

Need to up the talent level along the defensive line ASAP. Very few TFLs and your QB had 8 or more seconds to throw like 3-4 times, smdh.