The E. Season 4: Offseason Week 4

Discussion in 'Game Scheduling' started by JCspartan2, Dec 11, 2011.

1. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

JCspartan2, How the fuck did you sign that TE? Did you get a X2 or something? I didn't need him since I'm returning 3, but he would've been good depth for me.

EDIT:
    At least I was able to hold you off on the #5 G as I need him WAAAAAAAAAAAAY more than I need another TE.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  3. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I have no idea because, no , I did not get a x2 and I couldn't really negative recruit you. I was as shocked as you were to get him. This is the first good player I've signed all season at a need position so maybe the game just felt bad for me. I needed that G too unfortunately but I didn't expect to sign him either.

4. jello1717

Heh. I think I mentioned this before, but I was looking through the top 10 guys at every position late in the season and saw that you finished in 2nd place for 6 of the top 10 TEs so it's nice to see you finally finish in 1st for one.

5. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

No kidding. It wasn't only TEs, I finished 2nd for pretty much every player I went after in the first half to 3/4 of this season.

6. jello1717

I feel bad for you B1G guys. I was really needed a X2 this week (I didn't get one the entire offseason) to try to steal that #1 HB away from Wisconsin, but it didn't happen so now he's gonna be unleashed upon you guys. dakota7 's gonna have a blast with this guy:
    A SPD
    A+ ACC
    A- AGI
    A ELU
    B+ SPIN
    B+ JUKE
    C+ BTK

Have fun defending him guys!
    Big Suge Knight
    JCspartan2
    GoGators

7. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I was looking at this guy too. Thankfully I have a good defense. I was able to contain Gordon the last couple times we played so hopefully I can do the same for him, but yes I was hoping you would land him instead.

8. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Thank you dakota7 for taking this guy from Jello

• Like Like x 2
  9. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Well, I'm still trailing Oklahoma by 20 going into my visit. Although I did total over 500 against them this week. I also don't have 3 locks for pitches. I have an A+ Most and a A Very High, but I had to go with a A High for the third. We'll see what happens.

10. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

You shouldn't be thanking him. He is going to be a much better player behind Wisconsin's o-line than he is behind ASU's. Say good-bye to any national championships if us folk in B1G country can knock him off. :p

11. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
  12. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

This guys is a clone of Jorge Irvin who played at Clemson in the NCAA '11 dynasty. Irvin was a fast little gnat but as soon as he would be touched he'd go down. He also spent a lot of time injured, which I attributed to his small frame. At the least, this guy should be one hell of a return man for whomever lands him.

13. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Son of a B(*%%$$#!!!!!!

Come on Big Game Bobby.....close on this kid and make him a Sooner!!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. dakota7

Irvin was even smaller. Not sure what his injury/stamina was, but this dude is a B on both.

15. jello1717

I'm sure we all know by now that users have a HUGE advantage in the offseason as we visit the kid the 1st week he's available, while the CPU will always do it the following week (and if you look on the DW, it says that we're visiting him the following week when we're really not). Because of that, Oklahoma will never get to visit him.

16. jello1717

'12 is definitely different than '11. When was the last time you've had a HB miss a game due to injury? When was the last time you've had a HB fumble the ball? I think it's been 3 or 4 seasons (if not the entire OD) since I've had ANY player miss a game due to injury.

17. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Should I turn up the frequency a tad? I had a WR miss the entire season for me last season, but that was the only injury I had outside of a couple of game-long injuries. I could turn fumbles up a tad too.

18. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

We are currently at 9/12 ready for the week.

Dwreck edge7771 and jello1717 are the only ones that aren't done.

Edge will be home around 4pm.

Don't know about Dwreck.

Jello, you were on earlier so I'm assuming you just didn't green up.

19. jello1717

There is no injury frequency slider(sadly). They're either on or off.

I'm done for this week.

20. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Really? I guess I just assumed there was.

We are currently at 10/12 then. Hopeful to advance shortly after 4 and we will be all but done with recruiting before offseason night tonight. Perfect.

21. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

I am getting ready to do mine now. The CPU signed some random 2* MLB that was no where near my board and I definitely didn't offer. Can I cut him or am I stuck with him?

22. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

You can cut him. When we finish week 5 the CPU is going to sign a bunch of random players to your roster. Just make sure you mark down who those are because you will need to cut all of them. Typically what we do is move them all to Punter during position changes so they are easy to find during cuts.

Also, make sure you have the recruiting assists turned off, they are turned on by default. Otherwise you will get more of those guys after week 4. Week 5 is unavoidable though, its a major glitch in the game.

23. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

Cool, thanks. I thought that I changed my settings when I joined, but I will double check. I am only looking to fill 3 spots in the off-season so I know exactly who I want to sign and I will update the google docs.

24. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Sounds good. How'd that interview go by the way?

25. dakota7

I've had someone miss every season so far. James White twice.