The E. Season 4 Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by JCspartan2, Nov 10, 2011.

1. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

MSU 31
    UCF 21

Michigan State Spartans struggle on offense but win at UCF behind strong defense and special teams. Much of the offensive struggles can be attributed to the new system additions, if I had given Nick Hill the ball more this game wouldn't have been close. There were some positives though. QB Alex Lindsay broke a 32 yard run on a read option and scored and QB Connor Cook tossed 3 TDs after Hill got them in the redzone, he also threw 1 INT however and only totaled 103 yards. The major issue is the O-line. RG Walter Webb got victimized for 3 sacks on the day. The game changing play was on special teams though. Filling in for Mumphrey (who was taking a breather), WR MJ Houston took a kickoff 96 yards for a TD late in the 3rd quarter to break a tie and put MSU up 7. The defense was able to make enough plays to keep UCF from doing any major damage, though they did have some big plays.

STATS:

HB Nick Hill 19 carries 135 yards
    QB Connor Cook 11/16 103 yards 3 TDs 1 INT
    QB Alex Lindsay 2/4 22 yards 5 carries 25 yards and 1 TD
    DE Tye Hamilton 7 TKLs 4 TFL 3 Sacks

2. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Arizona's Offense Explodes, Defense Struggles
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ka'Deem Carey broke out to the tune of a 381 yard rushing performance and 3 TDs
    Arizona hosted the #20 Horned Frogs of TCU to start 2014. This game was a highly anticipated match-up as the kids from Texas would have their eyes on this one. Ka'Deem Carey was the focal point of the Pistol and he broke out. Ka'Deem had 3 long TD runs over 70 yards and was very efficient with a 11.5 average. QB Jeremy Johnson also had a productive day off play actions mostly. He hit Garic Wharton for two big scores in the second which helped Arizona get a good lead on the Frogs. Arizona had a total of 764 yards on offense which is very exciting going into the future. But the problem is the Bend-But-Don't-Break philosophy that Coach Lambdin lives buy surely bit him in the ass this week. Arizona let up 797 yards on offense and 45 points. Arizona did get a good amount of pressure with 3 sacks, 2 INTs, 1 FF, and a ton of hurries. Corners were getting beat easily though which hurts the Arizona's blitzing ability. Arizona host Coach Cantor in the first meeting with the Michigan St Spartans.

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

1 guy had 381 yards rushing?

Seriously?

4. jello1717

6[​IMG][​IMG]30
    Defense Rules The Day For Devils
    [​IMG]
    Offensively, things could've gone much smoother for ASU. It all began when starting QB Mike Eubanks and his 4.1 career TD/INT ratio threw a pick on his first pass of the season. He quickly turned things around and finished the game with his usual stellar numbers. The main cause for concern was ASU's inability to run the ball which is, after all, what they do. They could only manage 37 yards on 24 carries and both QBs had negative yards on the day (and that's from running the ball, not from taking sacks). This will be a huge area of focus in their upcoming practices.
    Defensively, the Devils played out of their minds. They only allowed 2 FGs, 23 yards rushing on 41 carries, picked off a pass in the end zone, tallied 6 sacks and a whopping 23 TFL. The starting LBs for ASU combined for 39 tackles, 13 TFL, 3 sacks, and 2 FF by themselves.
    Next week the Devils will travel to Athens to face off against the Bulldogs. They've got 6 days to figure out their offensive woes.

5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

He had 3 70+ yard runs. That's 210-240 yards on 3 carries. So yeah.

6. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Georgia 38
    Clemson 31 OT

Bulldogs survive in OT vs rival Clemson

The Bulldogs would open the 2014 campaign on the road against their close rival Clemson. Breaking in a new QB and defensive front 7, UGA would start out the game slow. New QB Brian Murray would come out an throw a pick on his very first pass. It wasn't really his fault as the LB made an unbelievable leaping play. After that the defenses would settle in and started forcing punts. Clemson pinned one inside the 2 and it paid off with a safety when UGA could get off a slant. Murray rebounded and lead a TD drive to take a 14-9 lead into the half.

Clemson came out in the 3rd shutting down the Bulldog offense. They scored the next 15 to take a 10 point lead. But that was quickly cut into when Murray hit WR Seay on a screen for a 77 yard TD. The UGA defense held, and then rode Isiah Crowell to a go ahead TD 28-24 with 2:40 left. The Tigers came through with a big drive to take the lead back just wearing down UGA with their no huddle all game. With 1:46 left and needing a FG, Murray had to grow up fast. He lead a great drive, going 4/6 to move the ball into FG range. He missed his next 3 passes going for the endzone, so Cole sent it to OT with a FG. The Tigers elected to play defense first, but they played none on the series. On the very first play HB Kimbrough busted a 25 yard TD run as he was subbing for an injured Crowell. Four incomplete passes later, the Dawgs survived the upset.

QB Murray 14/27, 240 yards, TD, 2 INT, 1 RUSH TD
    HB Crowell 19 att, 121 yards, 2 TD
    WR Seay 4 rec, 129 yards, TD

Clemson QB Stoudt was 34/55, 431 yards, 3 TD, INT and had 3 WRs over 7 rec and 100 yards in their first game with their new offense.

7. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Wisconsin 41
    South Carolina 14

The Badgers open the season with a hard earned road victory. HB Melvin Gordon picked up where he left off, scoring 3 touchdowns and rushing for over 150 yards. WR Jesse Sellers caught 3 balls for over 100 yards and a score. The young Badger defense played very well, holding the Cocks to under 300 yards total offense and recording 6 sacks. Bucky travels to Oxford to take on Ole Miss next week.

8. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

All Cylinders Firing

Arkansas opens the season with a blowout win 52-7!
    Capture.PNG
    Arkansas opens the season with a BIG win over Penn St. The Surprise of the game would come from 1st year starter QB Brandon Allen who would go 12-15 for 200 yards and 3 scores. RB Pierre Cruz would go down with an injury that will put him out for the next few weeks and allow true freshman RB Wesley Johnson to forgo his rs season and put up 76 yards on 11 carries for 2 more scores. ​
    The Razorbacks defense would account for a whopping 10 sacks, most of which that came in the 2nd half after the Nittany Lion's offense became 1 dimensional. Arkansas defense only allowed a total of 289 yards and allowed less than 150 yards of total offense.​

9. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Northwestern 28
    GT 30

Wildcats end up road kill thanks to the Ramblin' Wreck.

Highlights on the wire.

GaTech's fleXbox One was too much for the Wildcat defense to handle. Led by their SR QB, ( jello1717 check out this guy.....kids a beast!) the Yellow Jackets executed their option offense with great success running around and through the Wildcats. The Jackets got on the board early when their QB weaved through the middle on an option keeper and out raced the entire Wildcat secondary for a big score. (highlight 1)

NU would respond with a solid running game of their own led by Kellen Williams but in the end it wouldn't be enough. With the game 21-14, GaTech put together another stellar drive ending when on 3rd & 7 they gave it to the FB on an option read and he weaved through two holes before scampering into the end zone untouched (I lost it on this play. Somehow the FB manages to sneak between two DL getting blocked untouched and then weaves between two DBs. If I was the ball carrier both DL would of broken their blocks to make this tackle.....WTF! See highlight on DW). GaTech would miss the FG making it 27-14.

NU would answer back when QB Calvin Doucette hit a streaking Adonis Smith down the sideline for a 78 yd TD to bring the Wildcats within a score 27-21. On the next GaTech possession, the FB would take an option pitch then get crushed by an OLB allowing DT Will Hampton to scoop and score for the Wildcats to take the lead 28-27 with 3 minutes to play.

Unfortunately though the Yellow Jackets would go right back to work with their option attack putting together a clock milking drive that would only be stopped on the 2 yard line by an inch. GT kicked the game winning field goal from there on 4th down with 30 seconds remaining.

This one was a tough loss. Everything looked really good early, but the lack of balance on offense came back to bite me again and the ability of the computer to run the triple option is amazing. I can't run an under center option for the life of me and they make it look easy.

NU will need to regroup heading into next week.

10. jello1717

I looked at your highlights on the wire. We all know that you get more sacks than everyone, but why did your DE keep coming through unblocked? You showed 3 sacks and on 2 of them, no one blocked your DE. This is normal for screen plays as they purposely don't block anyone, but these were normal passes.

• Like Like x 1
  11. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

You can definitely see he did something with the D-line that confused the RT. I'm sure it was just an overload blitz though...

12. GoGators

Come on!!! You two are smarter than this. I watched the three videos for 2 minutes and it's clear what's going on. In passing situations, nickel defense is called and the DL is shifted to the weak side (in all three sack replays, that's our right the defenses left). Then the DL is audibled to slant with their shift. Nobody is even blitzing on these plays yet it's instant pressure from a 4 man rush because the LT and LG have nobody to block while the C, RG, and RT have to account for 4 DL. Only chance the CPU has is if they keep the RB in to chip the DE he's controlling that comes free like in the second video.

I see the following issues with it:

1 - it prey's on the CPU AI or a glitch in the game since the OL doesn't work with the shift/slant of the DL. Watch the conclusion of the first sack highlight. At the very end of the video you can see the LT and LG are basically humping the C's leg cause they aren't able to work their way over to the right side where the DL has shifted and slanted to.

2 - Clearly all 3 highlights show the same exact shift with the same exact slant called. I'm going out on a limb here but this is likely the go to 3rd and 6+ call for the Arkansas defense. I guess this would fall into the mixing plays up issue.

3 - Sadly EA's programming has made the CPU too stupid to realize all they need to do is run off tackle behind the LT and LG on any of these plays and they'd gash the D for a big play.....well they should gash it at least.

13. jello1717

If this is just a slide to the right and then slant right, I'm not sure why the CPU doesn't pick it up. Sometimes I'll call a blitz from nickle-2-4-5 where the LOLB and nickle back (who's next to the LOLB) are both blitzing along with the LMLB. The 2 DTs are both rushing while everyone else drops into a zone. Sometimes I'll slide the DTs to the right and slant them to the right so that I've now got 5 guys all rushing at 3 O-linemen. Every single time I did this (I don't slide/slant the DTs anymore because of this) the entire O-line would slide to the right (in an animation much more obvious than a normal protection slide) and pick up every rusher.

Do you remember the 1st year they had run commit and you did a commit left/right the entire defense would move in unison to the right as if they all had rockets shoved up their asses? Whenever I tried to overload the O-line, the O-line would all slide over like they had rockets up their asses. I'm not complaining because that's what they should do and it was extremely effective. I'm not sure why they're not doing that to Nautica if he's just sliding/shifting.

14. GoGators

I've never tested it, but it's clear that it's only a 4 man rush. You can also see that the OL is not shifting their protection to the side like you mention. My two guesses are 1) they don't shift because there is NO ONE blitzing so they don't perceive the threat and the AI doesn't sense the need to shift or 2) perhaps the DE being manually controlled is being audibled into a QB spy/zone and then the LT's code tells him he doesn't need to block him and can take the DT coming his way. Then since the DE is manually controlled, he can rush around the edge untouched.

You do make a good point though because anytime I run an overload blitz, the CPU does shift their OL and 99% of the time they magically know to keep their HB in to block that side. So like I said in "1" above. I think the difference is it's not an actual blitz. It's just a normal rush and when the DT gets close enough to the RT, his code tells him to pick him up and then the RG gets the backside DT and the C takes the backside DE leaving the LG and LT to play with themselves. Then the DE has a clear path to the QB.

15. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Michigan survives a near collapse at home in the season opener winning 45 - 36. The switch to more of a spread passing pistol offense was expected to have some bumps along the road so Coach Knight is not overly worried. Michael Turner saw almost all of the snaps on offense and had some impressive throws accounting for 310 yards passing and 3 TDs. He did however have 3 INTs. (why do I insist on trying to throw fade routes when I know the game is going make it a bullet to my 6'6 WR?). Thomas Rawls add 129 on the ground and a score. Freshman EJ McDonald had 9 carries for 43 yards and should be a good compliment this season for Rawls. Justice Hayes caught 4 passes for 117 an two scores. Justin Muse had 3 receptions for 96 yards a score and Shannon Douglas had a score as well.

Aaron Anderson had two sacks crashing down off the end while Kory Webb finally gets on the field and records 3 sacks including a forced fumble which led to Deon Richardson's scoop and score. Richard Ash & Richardson also had a sack as all four d-line starters recorded a sack. Next week Michigan takes on Purdue in an early B1G game.

16. GoGators

I was just going through some of the other highlights and one jumps out to me. Watch the very last highlight from the Michigan vs Troy game. The one where T. Rawls takes it 33 yards to pay dirt. This shows how terrible the running animations in this game are lol. Rawls makes about a half dozen cuts and never once does he drop his hips or spread his legs like you would do in real life. Incredible EA lol.

17. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Nautica

I've been debating bringing this up again and it looks like I'm going to have to, and this is going to be your last warning. We all got on you before about your taking advantage of the AI on those sacks but it hasn't stopped you from doing it. I told you before that this needs to stop against the CPU. Look at your sack numbers compared to everyone else? Doesn't it strike you as abnormal? Especially since your guys getting the sacks are mediocre at best. Your team sacks have been far and above everyone elses and it's not a talent difference. Taking advantage of the AI is un-sim 101. I guess I just don't understand why you need to go to these lengths, you would be fine playing straight up defense. This isn't the place to go above and beyond logical gameplay just to get a win. Like I said, this is the last time.

I'm sorry for the call out, but it needed to be done. I hope you take this as constructive criticism and move on.

18. jello1717

Holy CRAP that's an early B1G game!

19. jello1717

My favorites are the guys that run at top speed completely upright perpendicular to the ground.

20. jello1717

Check out the corner chasing my WR in the 3rd video here:

http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_us...5BD0&dynid=478067&sku=512A0001&sid=2&wknum=30

Dude look like he has 2x4 stuck up his ass. (and please don't ask why I seem to be so big on guys having things up their asses today)

21. GoGators

LOL! It looks like he got Qaddafi'd!!!

If you don't watch Tosh.0, here's what I mean:

http://tosh.comedycentral.com/

He's referencing how Qaddafi got attacked by people stabbing him in the arse with razor blades.

It's the small stuff like this that makes it so comical to me about the people who take EA's side on this game. There's so many small things that weren't like this back on the original playstation games and are so jacked up now it doesn't make sense. I'm not asking for them to cure cancer here, I just want a guy to run like he wasn't sitting on a sybian all night lol.

22. Masler

Masler Moderator

#12 Stanford - 52

Kansas - 16

We're not in Kansas anymore...

Warren threw for 5 touchdowns while Young shredded the defense for 255 yards. After the first game froze just as I challenged a catch, Stanford took control and never looked back. Kansas had their moments but only managed to get the ball in the endzone once and that just won't win ya games. Nothing else really special to report.

Stats

R. Warren - 12/20, 261 yards, 5 TD, 8 Att, 36 yards
    E. Crower - 4/5, 63 yards, TD

R. Wright - 2 Att, 25 yards (left with injury, not going to be out though)
    K. Young - 25 Att, 255 yards, TD, 1 Rec, 14 yards

C. Peterson - 3 Rec, 122 yards, TD
    G. Johnston - 3 Rec, 75 yards, 2 TD
    R. Nelson - 2 Rec, 30 yards, 2 TD

Defense played well as a unit, no one really stood out except for the FR DE Brad Alexander who recorded 3 Tackles, 2 TFL, and a FR.

23. jello1717

I checked out your highlights and all I know is that if your QB keeps throwing passes like those against a real team, those 5 TDs will turn into 5 INTs.

24. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Ole Miss 41
    Boise State 28

Ole Miss traveled to Boise and the blue tundra for its season opener and squeaked out an OT win. The crowd was rocking the whole game and it rattled Fr. QB Brian Simpson to the tune of 8 of 23. The Ole Miss young defense had trouble stopping the run all game and it kept Boise within striking distance. Boise had two backs over 100yrds Dan Ryan 8att for 158yrds 4tds and Marcus Carter 23att for 139yrds and they seemed to run at will. Ole Miss countered with Anthony Martin who rumbled for 219yrds and 2tds on 32att. “We didn’t want to run Martin that much, but Simpson was not on target and we needed to sustain drives with the way Boise was scoring at will.” Coach Edge. Simpson did manage to rack up 242yrds through the air thanks to some great yac’s by his WR’s. Boise tied the game late and gave the ball to Ole Miss with a little over 2mins left. Ole Miss moved the ball down to the 15 and set up for a game winning FG. Ole Miss lined up and for a straight shot but Jeff Berry pushed it right. In OT Ole Miss went on offense first and punched in a td to go up. Boise then went on O and moved the ball to the 15 and looked like they were going to tie it up. On 1st down Boise went to the air and tried to hit a flat pattern but Freshman OLB Chris Barbour picked off the pass for a pick six. Tough game playing in that place didn’t think Ole Miss was coming home with the W. Big win though since it seems Boise State it on a lot of top recruits list this year.

25. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

No problem, from now on I'll be only calling Cover 2 Man, or Cover 3 against the CPU. You guys won't have to worry about sack totals anymore.

TB completely honest, those 2 sacks where a DT and DE came in untouched was the ONLY time that happened all game long. each other time the T and G would pick them up, or the T and a TE or HB would. I only had 2 sacks all first half and during the 2nd half, the CPU literally passed the ball 99% of the time.

I apologize for for the sack total, and the LB sacks were off of the NCAA blitz in 34 normal, and the weak blitz in 34 under. You won't be seeing totals like this again as I'll only run Man 2 and cover 3 with no adjustments and I will save every single sack vid so there will no longer be any problems.