The E. Season 4: Week 6

Discussion in 'Game Scheduling' started by Masler, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

The Experience

User Games:

Masler vs Abolish

blLL vs UofC

jello vs Fmode

CPU Games:

dakota vs Minnesota

bigrice vs Oregon

Michigan vs Western Mich

Bye Week:

Hova
    Edge

2. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Masler

Is Tuesday night or Wed night better for you?

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

When do you wanna dance Fmode11 ?

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

Can you play tonight at all? If not, Tuesday night would be better.

5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

blLL flo when do you wanna dance. I can go anytime the rest of the night or anytime after 6:20 tonorrow

6. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

No. Getting ready for bed here. I wake up early for work. I can start between 7 PM and 9:30 PM eastern tomorrow.

7. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

I'm not available until Wednesday after 730 cst

8. jello1717

You really don't have any open windows except for the last 3 hours before the deadline?

• Like Like x 1
  9. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Good luck...

10. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Correct. I work all day and coach. I also leave Thursday evening for the wkd and have stuff to take care of prior to. I don't have the luxury of free time this week

11. jello1717

Wednesday @ 6:30 MDT then?

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

9pm EST sounds great

13. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

That works

14. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

It really doesn't matter how long this week takes, we already know the next week is going to take 4 days.

15. jello1717

It wasn't how late it was, it was how small the window was. A window that small could require the other person (me) to rearrange things to meet the other's needs.

16. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Yeah, that's true. But again, there really isn't a deadline. (as you stated) Masler won't be playing week 7 until Sunday night, so there's a lot of flexibility.

17. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

I don't see the issue. We are a 48 hr advance OD (not 24). Provided I am not available tonight, I am available tomorrow. Sounds pretty sensible

• Like Like x 1
  18. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

What jello is getting at is what happens if he couldn't of made that time? Your availability would of been an issue. What happens if something comes up either way (like the first time we tried to play). Then there would be a major issue again where you or jello make the other look bad (most likely you since it's your window that's so small). It's not a problem you only have that window but maybe next time lay it all out when you can play instead of saying this time or not. But I do understand being swamped with stuff. Shit happens.

19. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Well then we could seek an extension if something comes up, or sim it - it's not the end of the world. I am not available at all tonight and have some things to take care of after work tomorrow. I get on a plane Thursday traveling to Phoenix and like it or not, there are only so many hours in the day. While my personal life if my personal life, I don't find it necessary to lay everything out for the world to see. I posted when I would be able to play. Seeing as my opponent this week is nearly available 24/7 I didn't think it would be such of an issue. I can understand him wanting to "hurry up and play" but it is what it is.

I think the "window" expectations, or perceptions, are a little skewed in your and jello's case. I understand being in school and everything that involves, seeing as I will be back in grad school next Fall, but you don't see anyone else around here having issues scheduling games with me.

I'm just saying... :)

20. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I do agree I haven't seen issue but I also know you don't care for the two of us much. My concern is usually one person gives a window and the other one settles a time that works in that window. If you've noticed any of my post, I say when I can play during the day of and the next day. The both times you've scheduled with me and now with jello it's just been this time or not. Just saying its tough to flex to that.

21. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Fair point. I think this it's just a creature of circumstance and no ill intended. Hell, I was sitting on my couch all Saturday morning hoping to get our game in playing GTAV. I didn't realize you sent me a xbox msg as it didn't pop on screen.

22. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Yeah. I hear ya. I had a free weekend with no homework and I played Pokemon all weekend. We all got our vices and shit goes on.

23. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Slippery slope...

24. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Tonight is iffy for me. I have softball but it's supposed to rain so I'll have to update you. Tomorrow I can play after 5:30pm ET.

25. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Keep me posted for sure. Wednesday in I'm in class till 8:10 plus I gotta eat dinner so of you can get tonight going I'm game. But I can also make Wednesday work too but it'd be late