The E. Season 5: Bowl Season

Discussion in 'Game Scheduling' started by Masler, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

3. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Sorry my game got over 70 points. I had the clock on conservative halfway through the 3rd quarter after i threw a long bomb on a PA pass to go up 63-24. After the drove down the field but got stopped and had to punt i put a drive together and got a TD on a dive play, then their next possession they threw a pick right to my linebacker at the 20. Two plays later Ka'Deem scored. Other that that i kept out of Raider territory until i was on my last drive.

All i can say is...

First :08 are for you jello1717

EDIT: Also 3 Non-AQ's in the BCS
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  4. jello1717

What the hell are you doing throwing PA bombs in the 3rd quarter when you're up 56-24?

And you wonder how your stat whoring ass broke the scoring cap?

• Like Like x 1
  5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

On second and long after i got stopped for a loss i thought it was a decent situation to throw. But i could be wrong.

6. jello1717

I don't know why you stat whores still get to me so much. If you weren't in the same conference as me it wouldn't bother me as much, but you are, so it does. I'll give props to Wright because he put up 200 on a user (me), but the vast majority of the time you guys run it up on the poor defenseless CPU to pad your stats and then just get completely shut down when you play a user instead of the retarded CPU.

• Like Like x 1
  7. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I do not go out of my way to stat whore. At all. I go out of my way to win which is the whole point of the game. Last year vs Kansas St i was up big in the third and the raged back. Sorry to not take my foot off their necks this year. I don't like losing in Bowl Season because i want to back off. In all honesty, does it really matter? It's bowl season. No awards after this. IRL West Virginia put up 70 on a very good Clemson team who dominated VT TWICE. WVU was throwing in the third up big. Sorry i threw when in a throwing situation when there was a quarter and a half left.

8. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Dwreck when I good for you? I can go tonight after 8pm and anytime before 3pm Saturday. Sunday is pretty much free also.

9. jello1717

WVU doesn't play in a league with rules to not score so many damned points.

10. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

blLL flo

I'm at work today and also Sunday. I know you leave tonight until Sunday, so I'm guessing this means we either wait until Monday night or we sim.

JCspartan2

11. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

And we are supposed to pull the starters when you get up by 4 scores (28-32 points). It is ok to punt up 46 in the 4th with the 2nd string offense!

• Like Like x 2
  12. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

That would be a bummer to sim the NC...

13. dakota7

I hear ya. Any thoughts on an alternative? Other than waiting?

14. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Erroneous argument. WVU isn't even in our league and they STILL observed our scoring cap of 70 points. You could learn something from Dana Holgerson haha.

• Like Like x 2
  15. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I didn't see West Virginia pull their starters in the third vs Clemson. It's a bowl and IRL teams aren't pulling their senior starters halfway through the third in their last collegiate game of their career. I thought Golden Rule play like you see on Saturdays. I tried to stop scoring after being up 63-24 (which is 39 aka 6 scores and the game completely over) but TT kept throwing picks inside their own redzone. Want me to kick field goals on 1st?

I'm sorry Masler to call you out but I think what you did was worse. Throwing two TD passes in the final minute of play in your bowl game when you clearly won the game. What's worse? Mine where i scored 10 seconds in the 4th or tossing 2 TD passes at the end of a game already won?

[​IMG]

16. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

You sons a bitches!!! I think you should have your wives or kids play one another since you two mangina's can't schedule this game in a reasonable time.

• Like Like x 2
  17. dakota7

That's what I was getting at actually. Maybe we should have a couple of subs play each other.

18. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

I'd rather sim it then. The sim would be more of a reflection of how we have built our teams and not let some X-factor come into play.

19. dakota7

Yeah, it was just an idea.

It's up to JC, but I'm not sure if it's fair to shut the league down to wait on one game, even if it's the champ game. If we play Monday night, that pushes the offseason back to Tuesday (assuming everyone can make it). And then week 1 season 6 Wednesday. When could you play Monday?

20. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

I'm not going to argue which is worse, but they are both clearly not what this league is going for. We gotta police each other and give one another a bit of :doodie: when someone steps outta line. Both of you deserve to be called out here.

Damn PAC-12 stat whores...lol

• Like Like x 5
  21. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

I can play after 5pm ET on Monday

22. dakota7

In that case, I'd be available after 9 central.

23. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I understand but like i said. I hit 70 and then Tech threw a pick inside their redzone. I was already gonna hit over the score cap -_-

24. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

Can we do tomorrow morning at 11:30 am Eastern?

25. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

blLL flo
    dakota7

The problem is that doing the offseason on a weeknight is usually near impossible to schedule for everyone and we are fortunate this time around that it happens to fall on a weekend. Plus Monday night is passed our 72 hr window. My opinion is that it should be simmed if you guys can't play it within that amount of time. Sorry guys.

UofCWildcat

You know the rules. I understand the circumstances, but your argument about starters not being pulled is completely false. In fact most teams would love to have the chance to give their seniors a curtain call and pull them early. No penalties this time, but if you do it again scholarships are being taken away.