The E Season 5 Power Rankings

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by UofCWildcat, Oct 29, 2012.

1. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

We're back :D Haha. Computer to myself too (y) (fucking finally is all i can say).

Preseason:

1) SMU ( jello1717 ): SMU was one win from returning to the National Title for a second straight season. Baylor surprised this team as they had beat them pretty soundly the first time they meet. SMU rebounded and got themselves a BCS Bowl win as a solid consolation prize. This team was scary last season. You're telling me All-Stars Brad Simmons, Isaac Richardson, and Tommy Freeman return on offense? This team is legit. Let's see if they can bottle that anger they had after the Big XII Championship game and use it to propel themselves into the a National Championship? We'll have to wait and see.

2) Florida St ( Big Suge Knight ): The Seminoles bowed out last season. No question. They had their fate in the palm of their hands and a loss to Maryland was not expected, especially after those same Terps has lost their Coach, lost the week before to Wake Forest, and were seemingly in disarray. Florida St has a lot of potential (which we seem to say every year) and they MUST capitalize. This team is a well of talent yet year in and year out, they let you down. Maybe this year is the year. Jameis Winston is back, a stable of HBs, great O-line, and a solid defense to boot. This team must win now.

3) Virginia ( dakota7 ): UVA has a pretty solid team. The loss of their starting QB hurts a lot. That dude was a baller. Also they have a pretty young line which will hurt the new starter Jeff Henderson. But UVA is known to lean on the run game and Deon Taylor looks to be an absolute stud. And with the good running game potential, comes the potential for their great defense to help carry this team to the National Title for the 3rd straight year. But will they be able to get over the proverbial hump and win one?

4) BYU ( UofCWildcat ): BYU was not in sync last season. Tanner Mangum was chucking up balls into triple coverage like his Role Model Brett Favre. Tanner decided the NFL is too mainstream for him and wanted to come back to BYU for some more sexless nights, Ben Rodgers looks to be the new WR at WR-U, Nolan Palmer is a man among at times, and the defense returns a lot of studs (including Butch Pauu). This team is loaded and should win the North. But BYU SHOULD do a lot of things and don't.

5) Baylor ( blLL flo ): This team isn't good on paper. No where near where they should be. But there is one key fact to why we have them at 5: His name is Bill "Fucking" Flo. This Coach is amazing. On the same vain as Jello. He can make a talent-less team win a National Title. Hell, Nick Skinner won a National Title, Heisman, and Big XII Championship in his freshman year. He is the X-Factor for these Baylor Bears. And guess what: They're better than they were last season. Scary.

6) Miami ( mcyork ): Miami isn't the U of old. But a lover of the City, the School, and the Tradition at Miami will bring it back. I have faith in an alum the likes of Coach Mcyork. He's got them going in the right direction already. They have tough competition though in the ACC with FSU and UVA being as good as they are. But he has a shot to be on their level in the next few years. Just not this year.

7) Georgia Tech ( aarondramp ): The Yellow Jackets are better than you'd think. Don't let the reigning Oopsman Award winner Ben Rodgers fool you. But what is alarming is Snoody being gone. That speed helped in a lot of places. But fortunately for them, there is another! Jeremy Richard looks to be the new Snoody with his blazing speed. Depth is a question on the line and the Ben-Factor is scary. Don't see them winning their division, but they'll put the pressure on for sure.

8) Kansas St ( Masler ): Did i say FSU had a stable? Because Kansas St took this to a new level. Three guys look to get some carries and help Masler with his good run game. Why the low ranking then? A few 60's on the O-line WILL NOT help that effort. With some of the good Defensive Lines in their own division (the likes of BYU for example) will obliterate those tackles play in and play out. A weak LB crew won't help either. The only hope for Kansas St is to fine a way to run and slow games down. Fortunately, this is the style for the Wildcats.

9) TCU ( Darkwing ): On Paper, one of the top teams in the Big XII. The only problem is, they are the definition of underachievers. This team had a good Season 3 but Season 4 was kind of lack luster. TCU needs to OVER achieve this season if they want to compete with SMU, because that team is something fierce compared to these Horned Frogs.

10) North Carolina St ( IrishBearcat ): 4th new coach in 4 seasons for the Wolf Pack. A lot of parody for this team but maybe Coach IB can bring some stability to this program. They have a pretty solid team together but IB will need to get his footing quick as the ACC is a VERY strong conference. Let's see what the newbie can do.

11) Houston ( niuhuskie224 ): Houston is just behind the 8-ball. Maybe they can get a few solid wins and maybe get 8 wins and bring this team back. It'll take a few years but they CAN come back from a horrid roster like they have this season. No need to lose faith because it could be worse. Keeping the faith and trusting the plan will be a must for the Cougars to get back to their Season 1 Big XII Championship ways.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
    • Like Like x 7
  2. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Week 1 Power Rankings

1) SMU ( jello1717 ) --

2) Florida St ( Big Suge Knight ) --

3) Virginia ( dakota7 ) --

4) Baylor ( blLL flo ) ^^

5) BYU ( UofCWildcat ) vv

6) Miami ( mcyork ) --

7) Georgia Tech ( aarondramp ) --

8) Kansas St ( Masler ) --

9) TCU ( Darkwing ) --

10) North Carolina St ( IrishBearcat ) --

11) Houston ( niuhuskie224 ) --

Not a lot of moving and shaking except for BYU falling.

Notes:
    • BYU shows shades of 2013 with the inability to close out games. Tanner Mangum is turnover prone and that needs to change.
    • Miami got a huge win against Notre Dame. Moving in the right direction if you're a Canes fan.
    • New Coach Irishbearcat got a solid win against Iowa and is now in the Top 25
    • Florida St dodged a hell of a bullet thanks to Tanner Mangum. The defense is great but the offense needs to pick it up and Winston must not be the Mangum of the Seminoles.

• Like Like x 2
  3. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Late night insomnia when you gotta wake up and do yard work all tomorrow FTW. (fucking shoot me).

Week 2 Power Rankings

1) SMU ( jello1717 ) --

3)Virginia ( dakota7 ) --

4) Baylor ( blLL flo ) --

5) BYU ( UofCWildcat ) --

7) Georgia Tech ( aarondramp ) ^^

6) Miami ( mcyork ) vv

8) Kansas St ( Masler ) --

9) TCU ( Darkwing ) --

10) North Carolina St ( IrishBearcat ) --

12) Maryland ( Hokie Effect ) --

Miami's loss to Baylor didn't tank em, but they did drop a spot. Other than that, the addition of new guy is the only thing.

4. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Week 2 Power Rankings

1) SMU ( jello1717 ) --

3) BYU ( UofCWildcat ) ^^

4) Baylor ( blLL flo ) --

5) Virginia ( dakota7 ) vv

6) Miami ( mcyork ) ^^

7) TCU ( Darkwing ) ^^

8) Georgia Tech ( aarondramp ) vv

9) North Carolina St ( IrishBearcat ) ^^

10) Kansas St ( Masler ) vv

12) Maryland ( Hokie Effect ) --

Lot of moving this week. TCU moves up a few, BYU gets into the top 3, and Virginia GT and KSU drop a few after tough losses.

5. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

So I haven't lost, but get jumped by a 1 loss team?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  6. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

That's because the one loss team was himself.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Masler

Masler Moderator

UPDATE

8. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I would but i got mad hate for moving me up over Bill after i went to UVA and ended the NCAA's longest Home Win Streak. I'll get on it in a bit Haha

9. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

And knowing you as we'll as we all do, I'm sure you think that was unjust hate, right?

10. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Nah i thought that me moving up was warranted. I felt that if you all don't like it, do your own rankings

• Like Like x 1
  11. aarondramp

No, you got hate because you moved yourself over the undefeated reigning national champion despite the fact that you have a loss this season.

12. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Did you miss why i did? I went INTO UVA and ended the NCAA's longest home win streak. That's pretty impressive IMHO.

13. aarondramp

So it's more impressive to win one game than to lose zero games?

14. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

In the first 3 weeks of a season? Yes.

15. jello1717

You said "nah" but then you went on to prove my point that you do indeed think it was unjust hate.
    It's more impressive that you beat UVA than when Baylor also beat UVA for the national championship?

Also, if it's impressive to beat UVA, then what is it to lose to FSU (or whomever you lost to)?

16. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

No. I don't think it's unwarranted, but i think i'm right in my motives. Hater's gonna hate.

I don't factor in previous season into my rankings except for Preseason Rankings

Losing to FSU at their place with a brand new offense? Not bad IMO. And from what i recall, these are based on my opinions.

17. jello1717

I know and this is why I've never paid these any heed. I'm just trying to understand your thinking because it's truly puzzling to me. I don't think I've ever meant as big of a homer as you (be it your real life teams or your NCAA '12/'13 teams) and I just trying to understand you. I honestly can't figure out how you could think that a 1 loss BYU team is better than an undefeated Baylor team, that's coming off of a national championship that (I'm almost positive) is significantly better this season.

18. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

It's all about relativity my friend. Like i said. If you think you can do better, then make your own. You don't like it, don't read it. You got a problem, take it somewhere else because i have 0 fucks to give to you.

19. jello1717

I don't have a problem, I just use these ratings and kind of a science experiment to study the mind of a homer and try to figure out what makes it tick. (Also, your statement "It's all about relativity" doesn't make any sense)

20. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Exhibit C of why I don't care to do this any more. Masler

21. jello1717

What were exhibits A and B?

22. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Bill's and then Aaron's comment

23. jello1717

Yeah. They were the ones that were taking issue with your rankings. I don't know if you noticed, but I never even said anything about your rankings (like I said, I don't pay them any heed) when you posted them. I'm just fucking with you now because of your blind homerism (which is why I brought up that I'm sure you didn't understand Bill and Aaron's hate). I just find it hilarious how you're so utterly incapable of being unbiased when it comes to your teams (obviously not just in your power rankings, but in pretty much everything). Like I said, you can rank our teams however you see fit, I don't care. I'll just chuckle to myself when I see them and continue to say nothing, unless you bring it up again how you're surprised (or whatever) that others don't agree with you.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  24. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Never was surprised by the hate. And i think calling me Biased is taking offense to them.

25. jello1717

I don't quite understand this sentence so I'm assuming that it means "and Jello says he doesn't take offense to my rankings, but he calls me biased so clearly he does take offense to my rankings."

Based on that interpretation, I'm not taking offense to them at all. Just like I don't take offense that you think Arizona is a good team. I obviously disagree with your assessment of Arizona and your assessment of BYU's worth in relation to Baylor, but that's because I don't see it as 2 unbiased opinions. That's because I'm sure that if you were to ask the 11 owners in this league, 10 of them (including UVA's coach) would say that Baylor is the better team. If it were 50/50, I wouldn't be saying anything because then it'd be open to debate. But being 10/1 is just a clear indicator that the 1 dissenter, given that it's his own team, is obviously blinded by his own homerism.