The E. Season 5: Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by jello1717, Dec 12, 2011.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

• Like Like x 2
  2. jello1717

#8 ASU 56
    Vanderbilt 14

Take 2 of this game was very different from the first. In the 1st attempt I went up 21-0 without my offense stepping foot on the field for the entire 1st quarter. A KO return and Punt return accounted for 14 while a fucking blocked FG -> return for a TD was the other 7. I've never ever done that before and it didn't even count. Anywho... Robbie Thomas went off in the 2nd game (he was extremely quiet in the 1st). He was held in check on the ground with only 84 yards (45 of those on 1 carry) but went ballistic through the air. His main target was WR Gary Chambers who was simply too fast for the piss poor Vandy defense. On the ground ASU had 5 guys with double digits and 4 guys with a TD run. The defense played lights out except for 2 big plays which accounted for the 2 TDs. I think I had a fair # of sacks in my 1st attempt, but in the one that counted ASU only had 1 sack (and it was on a screen play).

Game Balls:
    ASU
    QB Robbie Thomas - 10/13, 294 yards, 4 TD, 0 INT, 18 car, 84 yards, 1 TD ( MaslerBoros16 he almost had as many passes as rushes!)
    WR Gary Chambers - 4 rec, 180 yards, 3 TD

Vandy
    HB J. Seymour - 20 car, 132 yards, 2 TD
    D. Allen - 13 tackles (8 solo), TFL

3. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

MSU 10
    Oklahoma 14

The Spartans bit off more than they could chew against the #1 Sooners. I'm actually very happy with my defense. My secondary was excellent all game and, although I gave up a couple big runs that ultimately became two TDs, the rush defense was vastly improved from a year ago. Unfortunately, playing the #1 team in the nation is not the way you want to break in a freshman QB. Oklahoma's defense is ridiculous. All three of their LBs are rated over 90 overall. I had my chances to win this game. In fact I had a 1st and goal from the 1 yard line with 2 minutes to go in the game down 10-14 and I couldn't punch it in with the running game. Those linebackers were in my backfield all day. It was an encouraging loss though. I'm disappointed but my team is extremely young and is only going to get better. The difference in my QBs arm strength is night and day compared to Cook from last year (94 vs 82) and the opponents only get easier from here.

Stats:
    QB George Chase 23/40 283 yards 1 TD 2 INTs
    HB Roger Williamson 20 Carries 62 Yards 4 catches 33 yards
    WR Titus Gross 6 catches 73 yards
    TE Lee Greenwood 4 catches 61 yards 1 TD

• Like Like x 1
  4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Wisconsin 28
    TCU 26

Tight game as the Horned Frogs played solid defensively and made a couple of big plays thru the air. Sophomore Derek Brown, making his first start following the legend of Melvin Gordon, had a nice performance. Brown ran for 130 and 2 scores. Soph Kevin Dykes added 70 yards on only 10 carries. Wide Receivers Jesse Sellers and Mike Cameron each caught a touchdown from new starting quarterback Chris Frank, who finished with over 200 yards passing. The Badgers return home to face Ole Miss.

5. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Georgia 45
    Syracuse 7

Bulldogs use huge 2nd quarter to blow out Orange

Back on the field after suffering a loss in the National Championship, the Bulldogs put to bed any thoughts of a lull going into the new season. After getting out to an early 3-0 lead in after the 1st, UGA went off in the 2nd quarter to the tune of 35 points. First, senior QB Brian Murray hit TE Chandler Taylor for a 9 yard TD and just 31 seconds later LB Chaz Johnson sacked the Syracuse QB forcing a fumble, then got up and returned it 9 yards for a TD. A few minutes later the Bulldogs had the ball back and it was Murray busting an option run for a 56 yard TD. HB Corey Kimbrough would get into the action with a short 2 yard rush that pushed the lead to 31-0 Dawgs. Murray would throw his 2nd TD to TE Taylor in the quarter as the Bulldogs crossed the goal line for the 5th time in the 2nd taking a 38-0 lead into the break. HB Kimbrough busted the 1st play from scrimmage for the Bulldogs in the 2nd half, so the starters were pulled and some underclassmen got some good experience. The defense allowed a TD to give up the shutout, but they only allowed 105 yards on the day with 65 of those on 2 big plays that lead to their TD.

Next week the Bulldogs host Arizona Wildcats in a rematch from 2 seasons ago.

QB Murray 11/15, 124 yards, 2 TD, 44 rush yards, TD
    HB Kimbrough 11 att, 107 yards, 2 TD
    WR Conley 5 rec, 65 yards
    TE Taylor 3 rec, 25 yards, 2 TD

6. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Arizona: 45
    Georgia Tech: 13

The Arizona offense was off all day. But thankfully Arizona's defense (yes defense :D) and special teams made the plays necessary to win. Two defensive scores (1 scoop and score and 1 amazing one handed INT for six). Senior back up halfback Jared Baker also got a kick return. Arizona did have a decent offensive quarter in the fourth and got two touchdowns. But it was overall a team win. Rodney Fuller had a good day passing and Ka'deem got over 100 which is always good for him. Fuller also spread the ball around which is a change from last season where Garic was always open. Having 3 possession wide receivers is also very good.

Next week Arizona will travel to Athens to play Georgia (REALLY?!?!? FAWK!!! Way to go JC and ruin my season T_T)

QB Rodney Fuller: 12/19 160 2 TDs
    HB Ka'Deem Carey: 147 yards 1 TD
    WR Wesley Horton: 3 receptions, 34 yards, 1 TD
    WR Patrick Onwuasor: 2 receptions, 33 yards, 1 TD
    MLB Tim Cowan: 6 tackles, 1 INT, 1 TD
    OLB Phil Bracken: 3 tackles, 1 FR, 1 TD
    FS Willie Cannon: 10 tackles
    HB/KR Jared Baker: 4 KRs, long of 96 yards, 1 TD

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

#22 Stanford - 62

UNLV - 7

Rebels can't contain ground game

Both HB's made a deadly combination today as they combined for 294 yards and 5 TDs. Crower looked very healthy as well, he didn't throw for a crazy amount of yards but still managed to add 3 scoring tosses while adding 72 yards of his own on the ground, pushing the total over 300 yards. The defense was great, holding the Rebels to only 7 points. About the biggest thing of this game was no turnovers, nearly crapped myself. Good warm up for the upcoming battle against LSU.

Stanford starts off 1-0 and faces a tough LSU team next week on the road.

Stats

E. Crower - 7/11, 154 yards, 3 TD, 8 Att, 72 yards

R. Wright - 32 Att, 197 yards, 3 TD
    K. Young - 14 Att, 97 yards, 2 TD

A. Hayes - 9 Tackles, 5 TFL, 4 Sacks, FF
    J. Vaughters - 6 Tackles, 2 TFL, INT, Deflection, FF

Highlights

1) 19 yd TD Young
    2) 30 yd rush evading defenders, Wright
    3) Crower to Nelson right down the middle
    4) Young breaking defenders ankle (picture as well)
    5) Vaughters using spin move, making two would be tacklers fall for it (Pic only)

• Like Like x 1
  8. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Northwestern starts season off right against Louisville!!

NU 45
    UL 31

This one went back and forth all game long. Louisville picked apart my defense through the air and on the ground. Man it was frustrating. Thankfully for the first time ever, my offense was able to keep up with someone. A scoop and score right before half would send me into the break up 4.

I received the ball to start the second half and UL sent me 3 and out. They put up a quick score to take the lead back. Then on my ensuing drive, the stubborn jackass that I am, I tried a speed option. Doucette drew the defender and pitched it but my HB was chasing butterflies and UL was able to scoop and score to go up two scores.

My Wildcats held tough though putting together a couple nice scoring drives and the defense answered as DT Fanning made a big play on 3rd down stuffing the UL running back to force a punt. A special teams fumble would seal it.

Gameball: NU QB C. Doucette 197.7 15/22 269 yds 3 TDs 2 INTs 9 car - 12 yards TD (had a real nice option keeper for 6)

Notables:
    NU
    HB S. Dodd 19 car 105 yds
    HB E. Johnson 12 car 32 yds TD (man if this guy was a little bit faster he'd be a monster!)
    TE J. Rome 4 rec 28 yds
    WR M. Carter 4 rec 98 yds TD
    WR C. Jones 3 rec 85 yds TD
    FR DE Larry Powell snagged his first sack of his career in his first game!

UL
    QB S. Blair 136.4 11/17 106 yds TD
    HB J. Wade 14 car 171 yds TD

9. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Michigan 41
    Mississippi State 23

The Wolverines traveled to SEC country to take on the Bulldogs. A sound defensive effort which included an 80 yard pick six by CB Kevin Rodgers helped lead the way. Michigan held MSU to 229 total yards of offense and forced four total turnovers.

Michael Turner threw five TDs for 340 yards while HB EJ McDonald carried the ball 13 times for 69 yards. Justin Muse was given a huge surprised when he walked into the locker room before pre-game and the legendary #1 was hanging in his locker. He had a good game with 5 catches for 87 yards and two TDs while Mike Williams beat the press coverage twice for 130 yards and two TDs. Next up is rival Notre Dame

10. jello1717

#7 ASU - 28
    #14 MSU - 14

Defense Rules The Day For Devils
    ASU's very young defense played exceptionally well as they handled the MSU offense in Tempe. They gave up a couple of TDs in the 2nd quarter (the 2nd of which gave MSU the lead), but they shut them out for the other 3 quarters. They came up with 2 big turnovers, both of which were INTs by SO standout SS Thomas Lambert.
    ASU started the scoring a minute and a half into the game as true FR HB Bryan Stephens ran right up the gut for a 48 yard TD. FR K Pierre Mason added a long 47 yard FG at the end of the first to give the Devils a 10-0 lead. MSU fired right back in the 2nd with a long 61 yard TD run by Williamson and then midway through the 2nd QB Chase hit TE Greenwood on a 3 yard slant when ASU stupidly sold out on an all out blitz. This gave the Sparties a 14-10 lead and all of the momentum. ASU got the ball with about 1:30 left in the 2nd and Robbie Thomas marched them down the field through the air and hit WR Jeremy Grant for a 13 yard TD pass to seize back the momentum and grab a 17-14 halftime lead.
    The ASU defense took over from there and wouldn't let the Spartans do much on offense in the 2nd half. In the 3rd quarter, another long FG by Mason put ASU up by 6 but coach Jello was still not remotely comfortable. Midway through the 4th, Thomas, who had another great day throwing the ball, but was bottled up on the ground, had his 1 good run of the game and took a speed option 22 yards for a TD to finally give the Devils a comfortable 28-14 lead following the successful 2 point conversion. The Devils' defense continued to play well and wouldn't let MSU threaten, much less score again.
    ASU will travel to the smurf turf for their next game before hosting the Ole Miss Rebels.
    Game Balls:
    ASU:
    QB Robbie Thomas - 161 QBR, 16/21 (76%), 173 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 1 rushing TD
    HB Bryan Stephens - 6 car, 58 yards, 1 TD, 177 all purpose yards
    SS Thomas Lambert - 6 tackles, 2 INT
    FS Jerry Sullivan - 8 tackles
    MSU:
    HB Williamson - 10 car, 103 yards, 1 TD
    M. Hurst - 8 tackles

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  11. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

LSU - 42
    BYU - 28

The Tigers start off the season with a nice win on the road in Provo. LSU took the opening possession of the game and marched right down the field on a long drive capped off by a 12 yard option run by QB Jerrard Randall. BYU would answer right away as QB Ryan Young hooked up with WR Nick Jordan for a 44 yard score after the LSU cornerback completely whiffed on the tackle. LSU would march down the field once again and this time Randall would take it into the endzone for an 18 yard TD scamper.

The second quarter would belong to the defenses until the very end when things began to heat up. Tiger HB Kenny Hilliard busted one up the middle for a 38 yard score with 1:46 left in the half. BYU got down the field in a hurry, but the LSU defense was able to hold them to a field goal. The Tigers were not ready to head into the half just yet and Randall threw an interception trying to force the ball down field. BYU capitalized on the only LSU turnover of the game by kicking another field goal as time expired. This made the score a respectable 21-13 at the half.

Again, the third quarter was a defensive struggle as both teams moved the ball, but neither team could get into scoring position. Finally, toward the end of the 3rd, LSU WR Avery Shaffer beat press coverage on a zero blitz and Randall hit him in stride for an 81 yard TD. This put the Tigers up 28-13 and they were content to start running the ball and chewing clock.

Randall was able to punch in a 1 yard QB sneak on the goal line to bump the lead to 35-13 with just 2:32 left in the game. BYU would not quit though as BYU punched in another score. After LSU recovered the onside kick and was running out the clock, Hilliard found open space and ripped off a 39 yard TD run. BYU scored another garbage time TD against the second string to bump their total to 28 points on the day.

QB Jerrard Randall - 9/15 193 yards 1 TD 1 INT, 17 carries 89 yards 3 TD
    HB Kenny Hilliard - 21 carries 174 yards 2 TD
    6 receivers caught passes on the day

BYU QB Ryan Young - 27/46 411 yards 2 TD 1 INT
    BYU HB Chauncey Norton - 15 carries 63 yards
    BYU WR Cory Lawrence - 8 rec 142 yards

12. GoGators

Northwestern Rolls Visiting Warriors!

Hawaii 10
    NU 30

(next time.....can I play @hawaii? My team would like a vacation ya know.)

In one of the few games where NU is likely to be favored this year the Wildcats came to play. We weren't as effective as I thought we would be early. Hawaii opened the game with a big time run by their HB who absolutely steam rolled one of my favorite players, SS John James before getting run down by CB Stephen Perkins (@big suge knight - this guy is a stud!). Hawaii would cap off the drive with a FG. On their ensuing possession HB Shelby was injured for the rest of the game and that was a huge relief to the Wildcats as this guy was a monster. In his absence Hawaii was unable to run the ball and could only add one TD the rest of the way.

The NU offense came out slow, but heated up as the game wore on. QB Calvin Doucette displayed great balance in this one operating the NU no huddle spread option attack. The HB's would be the story of the day though as Dodd and Johnson would make plenty of plays.

Gameball: NU HB Shane Dodd 16 car 143 yds TD

Notables:
    HI
    QB Jay Anderson 14/27 161 yds TD
    HB Adam Shelby 6 car 55 yds, 5 rec 52 yds

NU
    QB Calvin Doucette 17/22 222 yds TD, 9 car 12 yds
    HB Eric Johnson 13 car 75 yds TD
    TE Jay Rome 5 rec 52 yds
    WR Christian Jones 4 rec 25 yds

Larry Powell recorded his 2nd sack of the season and is on pace for double digit sacks as a true freshman!

NU will begin preparing this week for a big test as we travel to Rocky Top to battle coach Darkwing 's vols.

13. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Arizona 14
    Georgia 38

Bulldogs pull away at home with a great 2nd half

The Wildcats came into Athens and stole the show in the first quarter. They took the opening possession down for a TD, allowed a UGA field goal, and then saw HB KaDeem Carey bust a 32 yard TD run as the quarter expired. Both teams punted twice and threw an INT in the 2nd quarter as no one could score making it 14-3 Arizona at the half.

After the break, Murray finally got the offense clicking and a lot of it was thanks to his legs. He had 2 big scrambles for 1st downs on the drive, picked up a few yards on some option runs, then capped off the drive with a 20 yard TD after spreading the defense out. Arizona would turn the ball over inside their own territory and a few plays later, UGA took the lead on a 2 yard run by HB Corey Kimbrough. Zona QB Rodney Fuller would try to reclaim the lead as he had his team moving past midfield. That's when LB Amarlo Herrera leveled HB Carey forcing him to fumble. DE Bryan Marshall was right there for the scoop as he returned it 58 yards for a score. Fuller and the Wilcats had trouble moving the ball as they went exclusively to the air. Kimbrough added a TD with just under 3 minutes to give the Bulldogs a 31-14 lead. A few plays later, CB Shannon Stone picked off Fuller again and took it to the house to seal the deal.

Georgia
    QB Murray 9/21, 97 yards, INT. 57 rush yards, TD
    HB Kimbrough 14 att, 122 yards, 2 TD
    TE Taylor 4 rec, 60 yards

Arizona
    QB Fuller 20/34, 287 yards, TD, 3 INT
    HB Carey 15 att, 87 yards, TD
    WR Richards 5 rec, 91 yards, TD

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

GoGators....we heard you the first time...

15. GoGators

My bad....internet at my clients site has been terrible. I don't know how they expect me to keep up with my digital gaming habits....

16. Masler

Masler Moderator

lol i was messin with ya

17. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

LSU - 16
    Stanford - 7

Dwreck comes up with a sloppy win in his first user game in the The Experience.

The Tigers thought they were in trouble when Stanford HB Remound Wright took the second play from scrimmage off-tackle 70 yards for a TD. However, those would be the only points that the LSU defense would allow on the day. LSU's sustained drive following Wright's TD run ended in just 3 points, but after getting the ball back QB Jerrard Randall took off on an option and outran the Cardinal defense for a 65 yard TD run to up the score to 10-7.

This game was characterized by offenses being able to move the ball between the 30's, but stalling or turning the ball over in the redzone. This included a crazy round of turnovers as both teams were trying to score right before halftime. For LSU it was 2 fumbles by Randall and for Stanford it was 3 INT from QB Evan Crower of which I think all came in the redzone or deep in Tiger territory.

LSU POG: Jerrard Randall - 13/18 188 yards, 9 carries 61 yards 1 TD
    Stanford POG: Remound Wright - 24 carries 184 yards 1 TD

18. Masler

Masler Moderator

I need a reliable Kicker, than missed FG was probably one of the big turning points. Great defensive game though.

19. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

You're right, I noticed the shortness on the kickoffs too. If you make that field goal it still would have been a 1 score game.

20. Masler

Masler Moderator

It has been like that the last couple of seasons, can't find a guy with good strenght. That's why I was shootin for the endzone on that last drive. Just glad I hung with the #4 team...your crowd had my controller shaking all over the whole game.

21. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Washington 31
    #24 Michigan 7

Big first win of 2015 - Washington opens the year with a convincing 31-7 victory over Michigan

The Washington Huskies came into Michigan ready to play. The running game was very successful today, mixing up dives, sweeps, stretch plays and a few big counters. The Huskies offensive line really put forth 100% today as they truly won the battle for coach Randiesel. The fate of Michigan was all too reminiscent of Huskies past, where turnovers cost you the game. The Wolverines put up 4 interceptions and 1 was taken back for 6.

Player of the game
    HB Bishop Sankey 199 yards on 27 attempts

22. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    GG Rand

I hate this game and the logic (or lack thereof) it really seems that the game is predetermined at the coin toss.

• Like Like x 1
  23. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

You don't even know...

24. jello1717

I feel ya here. The kicker I had to settle for this year only has 96 KPW as a true FR.

25. Masler

Masler Moderator

Asshole