The E. Season 5: Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by IrishBearcat, Oct 29, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Keep us posted.

2. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

3. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:

Yeah I just saw that. I guess Masler can remove one of them.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

[​IMG][​IMG]
    #11 Kansas State - 31​
    Arkansas - 14​
    Looks like our defense is up to the task this season allowing only one offensive TD on the day. Medlock and Eaton started off the day with back to back INT's with Eaton securing a second INT near the end of the game. The Linebackers looked sharp as well, recording several TFL's especially after knocking out Arkansas' starting HB. Our offense was a different story. The running game seems to have no troubles as usual but the passing game was horrible with Bender throwing 2 INT's and fumbling once (recoverd by KSU though). He was pulled at halftime for Robertson who didn't have much more luck and by that time I was relying heavily on the run. Leverett made his mark on the opening day with over 200 yards and 4 TD's.​
    Kansas State has a Bye next week before heading to Happy Valley to take on Penn State. ​
    P. Robertson - 6/9, 62 yards​
    J. Leverett - 22 Att, 254 yards, 11.6 ypc, 4 TD​
    K. Dixon - 12 Att, 73 yards, 6.1 ypc​
    J. Miller - 2 Tackles, 2 TFL, 2 Sacks​
    D. Eaton - 5 Tackles, 2 INT​

• Like Like x 1
  5. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

God Made Notre Dame #1
    Miami Made Them #2!!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Coral Gables AP: #1 Notre Dame came to Miami to show the world how tough they were. They had All Americans all over the field. They had :5stars: at every position heck they even had Jesus behind them!! All for naught here Saturday night as the #9 Hurricanes thought otherwise. The Hurricanes came out with a chip on their shoulder. From the 1st Kick Off things were chippy as Hard Hits were laid out by both teams. With the score tied 7-7 in the 1st ND had a huge momentum boost as they stopped Miami on 4th down and inches on the 4 yard line. Only to see all that momentum lost when Miami stopped them on a 4th down on the next series. Miami started down the field only to see FR stud RB Jeff Whitaker take a huge hit from a ND LB that caused the ball to rattle loose and ND SS Mike Dennis scoop it up and return it for a 14-7 ND lead at the start of the 2nd qtr. "That is were I gathered the Offense on the side line and told them that this game was over. Follow me I am going to lead you to victory" said SR QB Preston Dewey. Lead he did as Dewey threw 2 TD passes before the end of the half. He picked apart the ND secondary to the tune of 19-24 for 424 yards and 4 TD's. His main target is AA TE Brandon Harris who had 7 catches for 194 yards and a score. Whitaker took his lumps in the 1st half (34 yards on 12 carries and the fumble)but asserted himself in the second (76 yards on 10 carries and a score). It doesn't get any easier for the Canes as they travel to Baylor to take on the defending National Champs.​

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  6. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

Georgia Tech - 41
    Oregon State - 8

This game was never close. I even started the 2nd half with my back ups but the Beavers drove down and scored, so I put the starters back in. I didn't run the ball well, but I started getting a better feel of the singleback system later in the game. My QB's were good, and the defense didn't give up anything other than the TD by the 2nd teamers. My #2 HB got hurt on the first punt return but will be back for next week.

Rogers: 13/19, 233 yards, 2 TD's, 0 INT's, 0 FUMBLES (My backup came in for a play after Rogers got hurt and threw a 44 yard TD, so my QB's were 14/20, 277 yards, 3 TD's, 0 turnovers)
    Lewis: 18 carries, 38 yards (did a little too much going for home runs and took some losses), 1 catch, 66 yards
    Gandy: 2 catches, 75 yards, 2 TD's in his first college game Big Suge Knight - he was the 6'6 WR from Maine
    Everett: 4 catches, 53 yards, 1 TD

7. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

huh I took a :3stars: CB from maine he was from Gardiner which is where I was born....two kids from Maine on D1 schools unheard of. ???

8. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Notre Dame lost to fucking Navy this week, so maybe they're not as good as expected.

9. jello1717

#3 SMU 41
    #1 Alabama 30

Alabama is the only 99 OVR rated CPU team in the country and they played like it. There was no running room for SMU in the 1st half as they only had 1 guy that averaged more than 5 YPC. In the 2nd half they figured out the Bama defense and ended up with 5 players with 45+ yards (4 with 60+), all of whom averaged at least 6 YPC. The Bama offense was really tough, but luckily the SMU defense was in a ball hawking mood today. Without the 3 INTs (including the 1st play of the game for Alabama) SMU might not have won.

FB Justin Harrel showing Alabama SS Ryan Jack that they play Grown Man Football in Dallas!

Game Balls:
    QB Brad Simmons - 185.6, 9/14 (64%), 163 yds, TD - 10 car, 78 yds (7.8 YPC), 2 TD
    HB#2 Jordy Reynolds - 7 car, 61 yds (8.7 YPC), TD
    HB#4 A.J. Brown - 8 car, 80 yds (10.0 YPC), 3 BTK
    HB#1 Isaac Richardson - 11 car, 66 yds (6.0 YPC), TD
    WR Tommy Freeman - 3 car, 45 yds (15.0 YPC) - 2 rec, 73 yds
    RE Justin Mitchell - 3 tkls, 3 TFL, 3 sacks, 2 FF

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    28[​IMG] - [​IMG] 17
    On a wet and soggy day in Houston, the Cougars hosted the Seminoles. Both teams needed the opening frame to get adjusted to the conditions as they both missed opportunities early on. Houston was the first on the board as kicker Travis Corbett atoned for an earlier miss with a 24 yard field goal for the 3 - 0 lead. Jameis Winston and the 'Noles came alive jumping out to a 14 - 3 lead after sandwiching a strong defensive effort between to scoring drives capped by Winston TDs. On the first Winston kept the ball on the option and ran in for the 1 yard score then connected with true Freshman Calvin Smith for an 8 yard score. The first play from scrimmage on Houston's next possession saw a blown coverage assignment that allowed UH WR paul Arnold to get open all alone for the 68 yard catch and score. Winston then tried to answer but found the wrong colored jersey as he was intercepted by cornerback John Adams. With the short field at his feet, Houston QB Bill Kerr quickly got the ball into his playmakers hands and connected with wideout Kris Ford for the 10 yard TD reception. Houston rebounded from down 11 down to take the 3 point lead at 17 - 14 at the half.
    The third quarter saw the 'Noles and Cougs struggle offensively until an FSU drive was capped by a Bo Pierce 10 yard TD reception with no time on the game clock. Eddie Fountain pretty much owned the fourth quarter as the second year defensive back returned a Kerr interception 66 yards early in the quarter to put the FSU lead up to eleven at 28 - 17. Fountain got another pick late in the quarter to seal an FSU victory.
    GG niuhuskie224. THe drops and turnovers cost you.

11. jello1717

SMU 63
    Rice 3

This was supposed to be a home game for SMU, but due to a scheduling snafu it was instead the Mustang's 2nd of 7 road games this year.

SMU is good.

Rice is not.

Pop Quiz hotshots!
    In the following picture, 1 of these guys is the deep threat. Test your football smarts and see if you can figure out which one it is!

receptions.JPG

Game Balls (the starters only played a half):
    QB Brad Simmons - 325.6, 9/12 (75%), 3 TD, 1 INT - 1 rushing TD
    HB#3 A.J. Brown - 10 car, 116 yds (11.6 YPC), 2 TD
    HB#4 Quincy Williams - 10 car, 89 yds (8.9 YPC), TD
    HB#2 Jordy Reynolds - 8 car, 47 yds (5.8 YPC), 2 TD
    WR Tommy Freeman - 5 rec, 249 yds, 3 TD - 2 car, 30 yds
    CB Oliver Smith - 4 tkls, 2 INT

12. jello1717

I was checking out stats on the console when I came across this dude from OU.

bubba.JPG

13. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Definitely Isaac Richardson. Who do you take me as? A fool?

14. jello1717

I'm flabbergasted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know NOTHING about daylight savings time, but you know my HB's first name?!?!?!?!?

I'm almost positive that I couldn't name a single guy on you team not named Tanner Mangum.

• Like Like x 1
  15. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

The dude's given me nightmare man. Also, photographic memory (selective might i add) works wonders. Daylight savings time on the other hand, does not.

16. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

[​IMG]
    just in case none of you have seen blLL flo 's facebook page here is a pic
    my man's phone was BLOWING up during our game...99 problems I guess for bill a bitch is one!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Miami Bounces Back
    [​IMG]
    After last weeks game in which Miami broke down after surging out to a 14-0 lead with little under 2:00 min left in the 2nd qtr against Baylor. This team needed a mistake free game. It got one on the road against the Cuse. This game was never in question and Brandon Harris continued his quest for AA status at TE with 7 catches for 139 yards and 2 scores to pace the Canes. On the ground Miami won the battle in the trenches as both Jeff Whitaker and Emmanuel Bailey ran for 115 and 104 yards respectively. Bailey had the biggest run of the day as the bruising back rumbled outside for a 74 yard TD run. On D the Canes had 3 takeaways one included a INT from FR SS Joe Avery who ran it back to the Cuse 10 yard line and on the next play Preston Dewey hit Harris on an out route to go up 21-7 at the end of the half and essentially put the game away. Next up for the Canes is a match up with Wake Forest at Sun Life on Thursday night.

18. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Miami 14
    Baylor 24

A top 10 match-up featured the Hurricanes who had previously beat #1 Notre Dame, and the Bears who were coming off a dream National Championship season. Well, Baylor may have been still smiling about their MNC win as the Canes jumped out to a 14-0 lead. Baylor could do nothing on offense, and Miami was moving the ball well on the ground and mixing in some passes to keep the defense off balance. After two TD runs by Miami RBs Bailey and Whitaker, Skinner and the offense finally put together a drive which resulted in a TD to WR Corey Coleman. With just 30 seconds left in the half, the Canes went to extend their lead, but threw a pick inside their own 40. Skinner hit a big pass to Coleman and then ran it in himself from the 6 as Baylor had tied it up in less than a minute.

In the 2nd half, the Bears defense finally started to slow the Canes offense. After a couple stops, Baylor tacked on a FG after QB Preston Dewey's 2nd INT to take their first lead of the game. Miami couldn't get anything going on their next drive either and would have to punt it back to the Bears. That's when Coleman fielded the ball at his own 13 and took it the distance, spinning away from defender and racing up the side line to the TD. Down 10, but not out, Dewey would lead Miami right back down the field. However, after moving inside the 20, he was knocked out of the game with an injury. Redshirt FR Ken Hunt would come in and disaster would strike on the first play for the Canes, as FS Ryan Kirkpatrick would come off his man and make a great INT. Baylor would kill some clock, but have to punt back to Miami. Unfortunately Hunt was not ready for the big stage as he fumbled near midfield and Baylor recovered to seal the win.

Good game mcyork. The turnovers and dropped INTs killed you, along with Whitaker and Dewey being injured. And apologies for my phone going off the whole game lol.

Baylor
    QB Skinner 8/15 129 yards, TD, Rush TD
    HB Carroll 11 att, 65 yards
    WR Coleman 3 rec, 65 yards, TD, 155 return yards, punt ret TD

Miami
    QB Dewey 16/22 152 yards, 2 INT
    FB Bailey 7 att, 58 yards, TD
    HB Whitaker 10 att, 40 yards, TD
    WR Fields 4 rec, 65 yards

19. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

#14 BYU: 24
    #2 UVA: 10

What a hell of a game. We came into this game upset and knowing we should (not could. ABSOLUTELY FUCKING SHOULD) be 2-0. Both the defense and offense knew they could do a whole lot better than they did against the Seminoles Week 1 and Week 2 showed us it was time to get our act together and win one for Coach Lambdin. The game was full of plays but the Game Ball goes to ROLB Butch Pauu who had a phenomenal day. 8 Solo Tackles, 5 for a loss, 1 sack on 4th down, 1 INT to give us momentum, and a bat down on 4th down to end the game. Could not of won this without a stellar defensive performance. The offense did what they needed to. Mangum managed the game well, Nolan Palmer and Chase Coley did what they could in the run game (combined for 72 yards!) but they made plays when need be. Ben Rodgers too helped Mangum as he finally showed that he is the receiver before the 2014 injury that pretty much ended his season. A crazy catch following Pauu's pick which ended up in a Mangum 1 yard TD run. This team has some grit and defense will have to lead us to big things. But a lot of good things were shown today in hostile territory.

GG dakota7 It seems like every year i have 1 LB who does work. I think i said this earlier but I'm LB-U :D

20. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

UofCWildcat

Good game brother. After a game like that, I like to go back thru the replays and find a number of mistakes I usually made. I found 1 receiver on 1 play I missed. Your team covered the crap out of my guys. I'm not sure there was much else I could have done. Good luck the rest of the way.

21. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

You too. My DBs are worlds better than last year and having a handful of LBs who have at least 82 (Butch Pauu has 82, the rest are close to 85) and 90+ Accel. They help me stay in my Nickle sets but you kept going 5 Wide which hurt me a lot.

22. jello1717

You wanna talk about LBs helping in coverage? Take a gander at this stud I signed last year (who, sadly enough, is my #1 OLB this year).

Bass.JPG

The 85 SPD/91 ACC is nice and everything, but look at those cover skills! Those are CBesque types of cover skills.

23. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

[​IMG][​IMG]

Maryland- 41
    UNC- 29

In Sensei Splinter's coaching debut, he had the Terps moving in the right direction after their dissapointing season opening loss. This coaching change was well needed and it showed on the field. Maryland took a 31-0 lead into the 4th quarter and were able to hold off a pesky Tarheel comeback attempt. Superstar RB led the team with 203yds 3 TD on the ground and 106yds TD recieving. QB Ellis Parker managed the game well providing some balance with 287yds 2 TD, but his 3 int's kept UNC thinking they were in the game. If Maryland can take care of the ball, they can should be able to compete for the Atlantic division.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

21[​IMG][​IMG]28
    The Huskers came to play in this one. QB Armstrong was in control as the Big Red took a 14-0 first quarter led. That turned into 21-14 bad guys by half. In the second half the Horned Frogs came out desperate for the W after being reminded of last season. The D held the Cornhuskers scoreless and forced 2 picks and TCU found victory behind the O-line and legs of HB Catalon.
    Starter Spotlight
    HB Catalon -- 18 Car 175 Yds TD
    CB Leonard -- 2 Tack 2 INT
    MLB Mason -- 5 Tack Sack 2 FF
    Screen Shot 2012-11-03 at 11.09.30 AM.png

25. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

42[​IMG][​IMG]26
    Taming the Big House. A live animal fight between these two schools mascots would be more interesting than the game turned out. The Frogs took control from the coin toss. At the break it was 28-10. The Wolverines showed some fight and got within 8 in the 3rd quarter but that's as close as they would come. Very surprised at the UM offense, talk about pass happy, they only attempted 8 rushes all game. Is a shame to see what was once a proud program lose its identity....not.
    Starter Spotlight
    QB Mathews -- 17/21 382 Yds 4 TD
    WR Terrell -- 4 Rec 139 Yds
    TE Gilbert -- 4 Rec 90 Yds 2 TD
    Screen Shot 2012-11-03 at 11.19.52 AM.png