The E. Season 5: Week 1

Discussion in 'Game Scheduling' started by JCspartan2, Dec 11, 2011.

1. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

We are now in week 1. Schedule were a bitch so what you got is what you got and I apologize for any oversights ahead of time.

No update yet.

No user games. Two byes (sorry)

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

I should get my game in tomorrow once things are settled.

3. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Not trying to be a dick, and I don't think it's the reason I lost, but I think it should be addressed one way or the other.

Are we allowed to use game planning adjustments?

Reading this it sounds like no. But today I was bored at work and wanted to look at dakota7 video of our game. The first thing he did was set running and catching to conservative.

I really don't care one way or the other, but I think we all need to be on the same page. So are we allowed to use these adjustments or not? JCspartan2

• Like Like x 1
  4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

This was brought up in the chatbox while a few of us were watching the game. I don't think any of us seen Dakota actually switch the gameplanning but in the 2nd or 3rd quarter JC even commented that Dakota must of had it on cause his WR's never dropped a ball even while getting clobbered.

I too was under the impression all these were banned as JC noted in the quote you've posted above.

5. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I didn't see the beginning of the broadcast, but while chatting during the game someone ( I think JCspartan2 or maybe GoGators ) mentioned that dakota7 must've had conservative catching on because his guys were catching EVERYTHING in traffic.

I was under the impression we weren't allowed to use gameplannig.

6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I thought we couldn't use aggressive gameplan. I always use conservative catch and run. I sometimes will use conservative tackle or strip or whatever it is too. I was under the impression conservative features were ok and other people were using them as well.

7. dakota7

I'm pretty sure they didn't catch everything, I specifically remember a couple of drops in the 3rd quarter that contributed to my offense sputtering. I'm not trying to argue the small details, just pointing it out.

8. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Well they caught enough for it to be really obvious to everyone watching the broadcast.

9. dakota7

I sometimes also use conservative zone pass defense too. Protect against the deep ball etc.

10. GoGators

My understanding is we can't use any of them (aggressive or conservative) with the only exception being tempo for kill clock situations.

Where's JCspartan2?

11. GoGators

Asterisks on the last two BCS trophies!!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Haha i think we can all say his team is better than 10/12 of our teams. :D haha.

13. GoGators

Erroneous!!!

LOL.

14. dakota7

Weren't you complaining about Nebraska's HB breaking a ton of tackles despite you having conservative tackle turned on? Last season?

15. GoGators

Yeah....Asterisk NU's 6-7 2014 Season too!!!

In all honesty.....1) I'm just giving you shit haha. 2) I was under the impression the gameplanning bans were in effect for user games only since when you play the CPU the CPU uses all the crazy shit. Therefore at times it is needed in cpu games. However with users not using the aggressive settings in user games then the conservative settings aren't to be used either.

16. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

In all honest, can i ask why we don't use Game Planning? Just a thought because i don't know why? Not so that i think they should just unaware of the whole "don't use them". I used to use them in my OD with my friends. But i've since stopped using it unless my friends try to put strip ball on aggressive to where i have to put running conservative.

17. dakota7

I don't remember there being any discussion about user games or CPU games, just that there was a ban on aggressive gameplan. I'm not trying get away with anything or abuse the system, I thought conservative was okay.

18. GoGators

IMO the gameplanning features are stupid and poorly implemented. Also, they take the game out of balance. I believe the reason we didn't allow conservative ones is because they take the ratings of effect. For example, you have a bunch of possession style WR's that lack speed but make up for it with great route running and hands. Well if Jello recruits all A speed and acceleration guys with D range catch ratings, he can turn on conservative catch and now his WRs are better than yours cause they'll make all the same catches but still have all the speed. Same thing with conservative carry, it makes up for a RB with a low carry rating. A great example of this was in last years game. You could have a RB with a low carry rating, turn on conservative carry, and then when you got piled up, you could still fight for extra yards w/o the increased risk of fumbling.

The only time you should be using conservative carry for instance is in the 4th quarter and you're trying to run the clock out to make sure your HB keeps two hands on the ball. Instead, some people use this all game which isn't what it's intended for. And in uses vs user games since the defense in this instance isn't allowed to go to aggressive for stripping/hitting, then the offense shouldn't be allowed to go conservative on carrying. After all, the RB is the cover up button which you can apply manually.

• Like Like x 1
  19. GoGators

Yeah, I hear ya. I know they were all banned for user vs user games at one point. I thought JC mentioned at some point though that he didn't mind them being used against the CPU because the CPU could switch on their aggressive settings from time to time (i.e. aggressive strip) and it gave the user a chance to compensate for that. Perhaps I'm in the wrong here too.

This is the quote from the league almanac:

Game Adjustments: There will be no game adjustments allowed with the exception of the "Tempo" adjustment in the correct situations (i.e. running clock or hurry up offense).

So clearly they are not allowed. Is this true against the CPU as well as users though?

JCspartan2

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  20. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense now.

21. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

blLL flo if we advance today what's your schedule to play? I can play all day today and tomorrow. Ah the greatness of being on Winter Break :D

22. GoGators

Get a job you hippie!

23. dakota7

I remember having this discussion last release with Basis, but not for this release. I also remember seeing aggressive gameplan being used last release in user games. I don't completely understand the purpose of some of these gameplans anyway. What the hell is an aggressive catch anyway? Stupid.

My understanding of how these gameplans are applied pertains to the frequency of how often a player attempts a strip or jump snap. In other words, with aggressive strip the player will try to strip far more often than with conservative on. If you leave it on balanced, the player will still go for a strip...just not as frequently. Hence, my reasoning....I don't want my guys going for an aggressive catch or aggressive run ever (whatever the hell those are in the first place).

24. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Too mainstream haha. But in reality i've busted my ass in school for 10 weeks. I'm taking a break from life.

25. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

The game planning adjustments are not to be used. In theory, putting them on conservative makes sense, but in reality they are programmed horribly. Using things like conservative catch and run in this game basically creates a scenario in which your player will never fumble or drop a catch. These things are programmed to work to an extreme. The same goes for aggressive strip or jump snap. If you turn them on your players will continuously try to jump the snap or strip the ball. It doesn't just turn up or turn down the frequency, it moves them to the far extreme. There is no need for them IMO, keep everything on neutral and you get a more realistic game.

• Like Like x 1