The E. Season 6: Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Big Suge Knight, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Michigan 49
    Texas Tech 28

The Wolverines traveled into hostile Lubbock, Texas to battle the Red Raiders. The final score was not a true telling of how Michigan dominated the first three quarters of the game. Coach Knight pulled his starters on both sides of the ball with a 35 - 6 lead. The defense picked off four passes and had 5 sacks against the Texas Tech fast paced no huddle offense. DT Lewis had his first 3.5 sacks of his career while anchoring a rebuilt defensive line. Michael Turner played well but added two interceptions to go with his two TD passes.

Next week the Wolverines begin the tough four game stretch where they will battle ASU, Tennessee, Wisconsin and Michigan State in a six week stretch.

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

#7ASU - 37
    Arkansas 19 (Don't ask me how this A+ team isn't ranked)

The most surprising stat from this game as that there were no turnovers. The 2 teams were playing in a monsoon and last year ASU led the nation in turnover differential while also leading the nation in fumbles lost. Given the weather conditions, I expected the teams to combine for close to 10 TOs.

ASU sturck first with the only 1st quarter TD on a 2 yard option keeper by Robbie Thomas, following a 66 yards strike from Thomas to Grant. The 2nd quarter saw the most scoring as Arkie started it off with a FG and then ASU added 2 more TDs, both by HB John Yates, on extended drives. Just when things looked to get out of hand, Arkie HB C. Young ran over 3 different ASU defenders en route to an 80 yard TD (highlight on wire). The Razorbacks stuck first in the 3rd on another Young TD run to cut the lead to 21-16. ASU's big play offense then stepped up to salt the game away on a 31 yard TD run by Bryan Stephens (it would've been good for 99 yards if we were pushed back far enough) an then a 54 yarder by Yates, his 3rd total TD on the day.

Game Balls:
    ASU:
    QB Robbie Thomas - 176 QBR, 8/12, 117 yards, TD - 16 yards rushing, TD
    HB John Yates - 5 car, 70 yards, 2 TD - 1 receiving TD
    HB Bryan Stephens - 9 car, 71 yards, TD
    MLB Mark Seals - 9 tackles, 1 TFL (1st game for ASU)
    FS Bill Williams - 7 tackles, 2 TFL, safety (1st game for ASU)
    DT Richard Prince (aka Prince Richard) - 2 tackles, 2 TFL, 2 sacks

Arkie:
    HB C. Young - 17 car, 213 yards, 2 TD

3. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

MSU 51
    USC 48 TRIPLE OVERTIME

I built an early 14-0 lead and it looked like I was going to coast to a win until the turnover bug hit. Chase only got sacked a few times, but twice he fumbled and the fumbles were both returned for TDs. Chase also threw 3 INTs but only 1 of them was a poor decision, the others were a great play by the defender and a deep prayer as the first half ended. My defense looked unbelievable, especially the secondary, against the new USC air raid offense until overtime.

USC took a 10 point lead early in the 4th quarter off the 2nd fumble-6 and a FG. Chase then threw his 3rd INT with about 6 minutes left and I started to get very nervous about this one. The defense forced a very quick 3 and out that only used up about 30 seconds of clock. Chase then hit WR MJ Houston, who had a breakout game, on a stutter route for a long TD to get within a FG. MSU then tied it up with a FG with 1:16 to go. USC then tossed a pick to MLB Barrett Hayes, but MSU was unable to do enough to get into FG range and the game went into OT.

OT saw USC's WRs step up. They turned multiple short passes into long games by dodging tackles as the two teams exchanged blows. Finally in the 3rd OT, USC was held to a FG. MSU HB Dan Reddick then converted a 3rd and 12 on a screen play which was followed by a bruising TD run by HB Kevin Turner to end the game.

STATS

QB George Chase: 27/38 423 2 TDs 3 INTs
    HB Kevin Turner 26 Carries 150 Yards 3 TDs
    WR Blake Lewis 4 Catches 107 yards 1 TD
    WR MJ Houston 4 Catches 82 yards 1 TD

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

#6 Stanford - 52

#2 Florida - 27

This game should have been closer because Florida was absolutely destroying me with their run game. But the Gators would run it two or three times, get a good chunk of yards then try to pass. I wouldn't say they were unsuccessful in the passing game because they racked up 313 yards on me, but they just kept throwing to the same receiver. You would think after 4 or 5 bat downs you would try another guy. The repeated passing lead to two picks by the Stanford defense, one for six points. The thing I noticed today is that while my HB's all have a good set of skills, none of them have the explosive ability like Wright, hopefully I can figure this out soon. Montgomery was impressive through the air, very accurate in his passing. His only pick came from getting hit while trying to pass. Backup QB Warren even had a few snaps and showed me he can be used if necessary.

Cardinal open up 1-0.

Stats

R. Montgomery - 16/24, 228 yards, 4 TD, 1 Rushing TD
    R. Warren - 2/2, 29 yards, TD
    C. Wade - 13 Att, 69 yards (Out for 4 weeks)
    N. Schroder - 21 Att, 62 yards
    R. Nelson - 6 Rec, 85 yards, 3 TD
    G. Johnston - 4 Rec, 85 yards, TD
    J. Ford - 6 Tackles, INT-TD, Pass Defl
    C. Brewer - 7 Tackles, 2 Pass Defl, FF

5. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Washington 38
    #25 Texas 35

Huskies prevail - West, Washington manages to edge Texas by a hair in season debut

The Washington Huskies open up the season with some scoring. It was rather comical, actually, as Texas would move down the field quickly on few plays. Then come the Huskies with the long, methodical running game. I think by the 4th quarter their defense was just tired from the amount of snaps.

This was no easy win against a tough Texas team. I am really proud of the team today on opening day.

• Like Like x 1
  6. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Ole Miss 52
    Oregon 22

Ole Miss traveled to the Northwest to take on Ducks. For the most part of the game Ole Miss was in control of the game on both sides of the ball. The Ole Miss D was very good today holding Oregon to 258 yrds of total Offense. The D had 3 Int's , 5 sacks, and held Oregon to 1.5 yrds per rush. On O Ole Miss introduced RS Fr. Derrick Weisbecker to the world who had 5rec for 65yrds 2TD's and a 102yrd KR for a TD. Oregon tried to come on late with roboQB's and LB's but Ole Miss weathered the strom for the w.

Stats

Brian Simpson 11-19 121yds 3td's 1int
    Charles Heffner 23att 161yrds 1td
    Kennard Todd 15att 93yrds 2td
    Klevin Davis 6tkls 1sck
    Chris Barbour 5tkls 1sck 1int

7. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

[​IMG] 49
    [​IMG] 13

The Badger defense made it clear who they feel is the number one defense in the country, as they shut down the explosive Sooners. Bucky forced five turnovers and held OU to less than 200 total yards. The Badgers were led by HB Derek Brown, who rushed for 89 yards and 2 touchdowns and QB Chris Frank who threw for 179 and 1 touchdown. The Badgers earned their 40th consecutive victory.

8. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Clemson 3
    Georgia 21

Defense forces 6 turnovers to lead the Bulldogs to victory

The defense looked a lot different from last year, but the result on the scoreboard was much the same. Clemson used a hurry up no huddle and moved the ball pretty well against the Bulldogs who struggled to generate pressure on the QB at times. However, they played the ultimate bend but don't break as the intercepted the Tigers QB 5 times, sacked him twice, and forced 2 fumbles, recovering one. The UGA offense struggled a bit with a lot of guys seeing their first game action ever. Touted rsFR QB Casey Gutierrez only threw 1 INT on an over the shoulder grab by the CB, but he only completed 17 of 37 passes. His receivers didn't help on occasion as they dropped 5 balls, so the numbers could have looked a little better. He managed to have 2 TD runs, however, as he showed his legs can hurt the defense as well. The running game for UGA was solid again as Jimmy Graham had a big day.

QB Gutierrez 17/37, 220 yards, TD, INT, 2 RUSH TD
    HB Graham 19 att, 216 yards, TD (broke a 93 yard run as I was running out the clock. Went down at the 1 a la Brian Westbrook)
    WR Inman 7 rec, 85 yards
    WR Newby 3 rec, 63 yards, TD

9. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Darkwing

Did you really win your game on a 95 yard touchdown pass with 5 seconds on the clock?

10. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

NU 30
    #19 Nev 20

This one was scary. Nevada had complete control of this game the entire first half. Their dual threat QB was beating me through the air and on the ground. His go to target WR #12 was destroying my CBs as well. Very frustrating. Their defense was playing off the charts as well utilizing a lot of nickel looks they were able to slow my running game as well as generate plenty of pressure with blitzes. Nevada would go into halftime up 20-10.

The turning point would come at the half though. NU QB Calvin Doucette played poorly in the first half going 3/10. His biggest miss was a WIDE OPEN Mike Carter down the sideline on 3rd down that would of brought the Wildcats within 3 at the half. Coach KSherm fed up with his senior signal callers poor performance called on sensational sophomore Laurence Burton to start the second half. Burton came in and got the offense fired up putting together a couple nice scoring drives that would swing the momentum back to the Wildcats. A couple solid plays by the defense forcing 4 INTs on the day would be the difference as NU would upset the wolfpack on the road.

The results of this game have created a QB controversy for the Wildcats. Will Sr Doucette take over the reigns again in week 2 or has Burton unseated the senior signal caller?

Gameball - SS John James, 4 tkls, 2 INTs

Highlights on DW.

Nevada had a ridiculous wildcat touchdown run by their HB. I know I have had zero success w/the wildcat in this release, but their HB made it look simple as he skated past my defense for a 60+ yard TD.

I like the second to last highlight. Watch the OLB #62 for Nevada. He blitzes the B gap while Michael Rankin takes a dive handoff (low 90's speed/acc). Rankin cuts underneath the big oger and sprints 10 yards to pay dirt but the big boy is so athletically gifted he's able to stop on a dime, turn around, and give chase running step for step with Rankin. Locomotion lol!

11. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I think my biggest wish for '13 is that the CPU is competitive for an entire game instead of just a half. It's almost a given that if they compete in the first half their offense will suck in the second half. I've wanted to add up how many second half shutouts users have had in this OD. I bet the number would be pretty huge. There's nothing I hate more in a sports game than it being scripted, but that really feels like '12 a LOT of times.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  12. GoGators

Agreed. I think their QB went down though too and the backup wasn't as effective. The one thing I noticed that Masler also wrote about this week is Nevada tended to go to one WR very frequently. It's kinda cool that they target their #1 so often, but it's the first time it ever really stood out to me.

Also, I was a bit disappointed as FR WR Montrell Brooks wasn't nearly as explosive as I'd hoped.

13. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

:D I'm working on that recap..I might have won like that!

14. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Must be the purple weighing down his explosiveness. The Maize and Blue would have enhanced it.

15. GoGators

Sadly I noticed you're not on my schedule again this year so feel free to keep jabber jawing......but your days coming my man....haha.

16. Masler

Masler Moderator

I would take his warning seriously.....

17. Masler

Masler Moderator

#4 Stanford - 30

#22 Ole Miss - 6

Cardinal take one from Rebels

Give Ole Miss more credit than the score shows, his offense was able to move at will but the 4 times I decided to switch from man to zone the ball was intercepted. This game was pretty close with Edge able to make it a game at any moment. Only up 14-3 in the 2nd half I was waiting for the Rebels to get a score and send this into halftime and then snatch the lead after the half as I am accustomed to teams doing. But this time my defense did what I wanted it to do. The second half I played very conservatively and just tried to hold down the fort. Most of the game was nickel and dime for both teams, only Stanford had the explosive 71 yd catch and run by Nelson. We could have had another long TD pass but the Ole Miss defender jumped at the right moment to knock it away.

Stanford wins on the road, now 2-0 with a game at home vs Maryland next week. GG edge7771, I was never comfortable with the lead to be honest. Good Luck the rest of the season

Stats

R. Montgomery - 11/13, 185 yds, TD, INT
    N. Schroeder - 27 Att, 156 yds, 2 TD
    R. Nelson - 5 Rec, 130 yards, TD
    D. Smith - 7 Tackles, INT
    J. Hall - 1 Tackle, 2 INT
    T. Ryan - 8 Tackles, 4 TFL

C. Heffner - 18 Att, 82 yards
    D. Weisbecker - 4 Rec, 70 yards
    B. Pierce - 11 Tackles
    T. Williams - 8 Tackles, TFL

18. Darkwing

Screen Shot 2012-01-10 at 5.50.44 PM.png
    :D
    2016...Hello!
    With :26 seconds left on the game clock, J.R. Dunbar hits Hayden Franklin for the 95 yard game winner!!! And with that the football season has kicked off in Knoxville. Students went crazy by pissing from car roof tops after secretly drinking in the stands all game, coaches finally got some from their frugal wives, and USF fans left their home opener...well who cares what they did, they're USF fans lol.
    This is the game I needed. A back and forth contest that was exciting, unpredictable, upsetting, and in the end content.
    1095 total yards of offense were gained. 631 of which by the victor. My game MVP was J.R. Dunbar. He overcame 7 dropped passes to instill confidence in the wideouts by going 29 of 51 for 567 yards and 5 TDs. It was nice to see Hayden Franklin have an immediate impact on this team. What it didn't like was the 3 interceptions thrown along with the defense. The D was horrendous and thanks to their play I'm putting in the youngsters to run a 3-4 and see what they do this season. It looks to be a fun year if nothing else!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    No worries I stand by statement.

20. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Georgia 31
    Cal 34 OT

Bulldog defense doesn't bail out offense in Berkley

UGA came out strong on the opening drive and lead 7-0. But disaster struck when QB Casey Gutierrez was sacked causing him to fumble allowing the defense to scoop and score. On the next drive Gutierrez made a terrible throw and the ball was intercepted setting the Bears up inside the UGA 20. They added another TD pass from 44 yards out on 3rd and long adding to the lead.

In the 2nd half, Gutierrez and the Bulldogs made a comeback. He threw 3 TDs in the 2nd half and looked great overcoming his 1st half woes. However, it was all for not, as he threw an INT on the opening possession of OT allowing Cal an easy FG for the win.

QB Guiterrez 28/45, 379 yards, 4 TDs, 3 INTs
    WR Montgomery 6 rec, 92 yards, 2 TDs
    TE Cooper 6 rec, 67 yards
    WR Lewis 4 rec, 45 yards, 2 TDs

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  21. Darkwing

An OT game and I only get to read 3 sentences?? :(

22. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

I hit post too fast, but you can read the rest now.

23. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

You have a very strong team out their on the left coast. Mr Nelson killed me all game I really had no answer for him gonna have to fix that for the rest of the season. I'm still pulling my hair out at your QB standing right behind the center and my guys running circles around him. Very good team with a strong user good luck from here on out.

24. Masler

Masler Moderator

[​IMG]

25. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Damn, Stanford is on a roll. I'm a bit nervous to face them this season, no lie.