The E. Season 6: Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Masler, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

#20 Kansas State - 49

#8 Florida - 31

Won the first game 45-21 but it didn't upload....anyway...

Florida was tough opponent as expected as their HB ran all over my front seven but the Gators were unable to keep up with my passing game today, shocking that my run game barely managed 65 total yards. Robertson did throw a couple of picks, one was quite odd as the receiver just ignored the pass. But 6 TD passes plus a rushing TD means that yes a QB can put the I in team. Without his performance today we would have lost because the damn O Line didn't run block for shit and the HBs felt sluggish on opening day. We would also have 3 WR go over 100 yards on the day while Robertson threw a TD pass to 4 different men. Florida might have won this game if they didn't go one dimensional and try to throw to the TE all day (who recorded 8 receptions in the first game, would have had 15+ if I hadn't started manually covering him).

Up next: Alabama

Stats

P. Roberson - 20/31, 469 yards, 6 TD, 2 INT, 9 Att, -9 yards, 1 TD
    M. Hall - 5 Rec, 118 yards, 2 TD
    M. Williams - 4 Rec, 107 yards, 1 TD
    D. Dodds - 4 Rec, 113 yards, 2 TD
    J. Davis - 2 Rec, 91 yards, 1 TD
    M. Harrington - 10 Tackles, 1 FF
    D. Eaton - 5 Tackles, 1 INT, 3 Deflections.

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

38[​IMG][​IMG]17

The top ranked Mustangs traveled to the Doak to face the #13 Seminoles. The story of the day was the SMU offense who scored on every single possession except for their last where they kneed the clock away. FSU held SMU to a FG on their 1st possession, but it was all TDs after that. The first came on a 3 yd toss from new starting QB Ryan Smith to FR WR Rufus Moses. SMU came out in 4 wide against the FSU 5-2 so it was an easy TD pass for the SO QB to make. FSU struck on their next possession on a 10 yard TD pass to tie things up 10-10. SMU then marched down the field again, this time using up the rest of the clock in the half as HB Quincy Williams scored from 7 yards out with only 16s left to send SMU to the locker room up 17-10.

SMU's defense stopped the Noles to begin the 2nd half and then Williams scored his 2nd TD of the day, this time taking a screen 19 yards for a 2 TD lead. Still not finished, FSU marched down the field again to cut the lead to 7. On the next drive, Williams bowed up on the FSU defense as he took a sweep handoff, broke free of the first tackler and the shoved the next guy to the ground (both in the backfield) before outrunning everyone else for a 62 yd TD run.
    The 4th quarter was dominated by SMU as they forced a fumble turnover and controlled the clock.

SMU had 147 rushing yards in the 1st half while only having to throw the ball 4 times. In the game they converted 6/7 3rd downs before kneeling on their 8th 3rd down. They contained the dangerous FSU QB on the ground, only giving up 1 decent run (on which they forced a fumble so it was a wash). They forced the Noles into 3 turnovers while not turning it over themselves. The SMU backs were throwing the FSU defenders around like rag dolls at times as they broke 5 tackles (that's all that was recorded, but it sure seemed like more). SMU was breaking in a new QB so only having to pass the ball 6 times was a huge advantage. On D, the Mustangs were bringing the wood as they forced 4! fumbles, recovering 2 of them.

gg Big Suge Knight. GL the rest of the season.

Game Balls:
    HB#1 Quincy Williams - 7 car, 114 yds (16.2 YPC), 2 TD, 3 BTK - 1 rec, 19 yds, TD
    QB Ryan Smith - 5/6 (83%), 76 yds, 2 TD - 6 car, 29 yds (4.8 YPC)
    WR Rufus Moses - 2 rec, 8 yds, 2 TD
    FS Harvey Smith - 9 tkls (all solo!), FF
    SS Kevin Walker - 3 tkls, 2 FF
    RE Mike Foreman - 3 tkls, 3 TFL, 2 sacks

FSU.JPG

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  3. Masler

Masler Moderator

#17 Kansas State - 31

#8 Alabama - 28

This game was WAY too close for comfort. I knew I had my hands full going to Bryant Denny, but then I took a look at Alabama's depth chart and nearly shit myself. We should have scored 14 in the first quarter but Robertson tossed a pick in the redzone but he redeemed that by still putting up the first points on the game. The rest of the first half was ugly as Alabama had a 21 point burst in the second quarter which included another Robertson INT and him losing the ball, which appeared he was down but review would stand. Robertson would find Davis again for a TD to keep it a 7 point lead. Touchdowns were traded in the 3rd but that still meant Alabama held a 7 point lead over us heading down the stretch. The defense finally covered the damn TE who would end up with 6 Rec for over 100 yards, must be a SEC thing to pass to the TE primarily. A 17 yd toss to Hall would tie this thing up with around 2:30 to play and then the defense would stop the Alabama HB short on 3rd down and the Tide would punt it away. We used a great two minute drill that involved nickel and diming it. We saved one timeout until just 5 seconds remained on the clock and lined up for the FG, of course 'Bama attempted to ice Rankin but he shattered it as he split the uprights, sending KSU home with the upset. That had to be one of the toughest CPU defenses I've encountered so far, usually it is just an annoying Robo-Offense that keeps the game close but Bama was stout on D.

Wildcats get a break in Week 3 before traveling to FL to face Miami.

Stats

R. Robertson - 18/27, 208 yards, 3 TD, 2 INT
    M. Fuqua - 24 Att, 182 yards, 7.5 ypc, 1 TD
    M. Hall - 7 Rec, 84 yards, 1 TD
    J. Davis - 3 Rec, 58 yards, 2 TD

4. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

BYU Opens It's Season With A Drubbing of Maryland!
    Highlights:
    1:28 Michael Triplett Field Goal Off the Up Right and In
    1:35 Franklin Lewis 71 Yard Run
    2:16 Chase Coley Option TD
    3:00 Mike Cunningham Scramble and Throw + Roughing the Passer on Cedric Tyler
    3:39 Mike Cunningham Scoop and Score Off Brian Carr Fumble
    6:00 Chase Coley's Second Option TD
    6:06 Eric Robinson Pick Six
    6:25 Donny Henry Heroic TD
    8:27 Eric Robinson's Second INT
    Bonus Clip vs the CPU:
    8:40 Nick Jackson Pitch INT TD
    Player of the Game (9:16): Chase Coley: 19 Carries, 96 Yards, 2 TDs
    Stat Attack! (9:27)
    BYU entered this game with the Tanner Mangum Era in the rear-view mirror. While he served his time well, it was time to move on and have True Freshman Super Star Franklin Lewis take the main stage. Before the game, Coach Lambdin held Mr. Lewis from any press conferences. "I wanted to have him loose and ready. Didn't want him to worry about having to impress anyone, and wanted him to just play like it was practice." Said Coach Lambdin in the Post Game New Conference. Lewis added "I think it helped me focus on the here and now. No need to build a legacy in one game.".
    The game started out very fluidly but a gutsy call by Coach Lambdin to go for it on 4th and Inches got stuffed by the Maryland front 7 and a turnover on downs ensued. Maryland would drive down the field and with the graces of the Football Gods, knocked it off the left upright and in. Franklin Lewis then got settled and was ready to lead BYU to a score. "I was giving the call. QB Power Left. I saw a corner creeping up and i switched it right because i saw green grass for miles." Said Lewis. "I got the ball and thanks to some perfect blocking, I hit the hole and was off." 71 yards later just outside the goal line, Franklin Lewis got his sideline jumping. Then Lewis hit his TE for 6 to go up 7-3. BYU would then force a punt and on the very next offensive play, Franklin ran the option to perfection again with a pitch to Chase Coley who got blockers out front and wasn't pulled down from behind. Maryland again looked to be stopped but Mike Cunningham got outside the pocket and threw an absolute dart to slot receiver Corey Young. But that's not all folks! Tack on 15 yards for a Cedric Tyler Roughing the Passer and you got a huge gainer. BYU looked to get a huge stop as they stripped Brian Carr but Mike Cunningham was aware and scooped the ball in and got the score as the quarter ended. 14-10.
    Things started to get out of hand fast though. After BYU tacked on a field goal and then forced a 3 and out, BYU had a LONG TD drive and scored off another option to Chase Coley. The very next offensive snap for Maryland was almost a dagger. A pick six by Eric Robinson looked to seal it up. Maryland didn't quick though, as they drove down the field and WR Donny Henry caught the ball on a corner route and bowled over the safety for 6 right before the half. 31-17.
    Besides an INT on his part, Hokie Effect had to leave so i finished vs the CPU.

Good Game Hokie Effect I think your team got shafted in the Off Season for sure.

5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Cougars Hold Off A Feisty Hurricanes Squad To Get To 2-0
    Highlights:
    2:54 Franklin Lewis QB Blast TD
    3:08 Cedric Tyler INT
    4:41 Mike Meadows Long Run
    4:54 Adriel Jeramiah Green TD
    5:44 Will Carey INT
    5:59 Justin Gilbert Crazy Pick Six
    9:13 Troy Jones TD
    9:19 Failed Two Pointer
    9:22 Incomplete Pass?
    11:25 Franklin Lewis Final First Down
    Stat Attack! (12:22)
    BYU's home opener was a huge success. The win versus Miami wasn't always pretty but it was a win. "You can't always win them in flying colors" Said Coach Lambdin. "Some of them you gotta claw your way for the W." There were definitely some moments that were key to the victory today.

After Miami had gotten a field goal and a bit of momentum, FB Mike Meadows looked to be stopped in the back field. He then spun out and found himself going towards the opposite side line with green grass in front. "I got hit and my instinct was to spin" Said Meadows. "I then saw Franklin and Chase and thought head that way. I turned the corner and was pretty much gone." Then a reporter asked about his juke move. "It was pretty graceful if you ask me."

The second of big plays was the Justin Gilbert Pick Six. After Miami looked to score a TD and close the gap to 4 points. But Frank Bridges came from his safety spot and stripped the ball from the receiver's hands. That would of been a good play in itself. But Justin came out of no where and scooped up the ball before it hit the ground and started headed for pay dirt. After out running the QB, Justin was gone. It was a huge momentum swing (just like the Eric Robinson pick vs Maryland).

The final play resulted in a net gain of zero but it was probably the biggest play. And it wasn't even made by the players. Franklin Lewis optioned out and pitched the ball. The ball went backwards and it was ruled an incomplete pass. "I was at a bad angle so i'll refrain from commenting" Said Coach Lambdin. It was a tough play to swallow. "I don't comment on officiating. It's a rule so I'll keep what i believe to myself" Said Coach NIU.

In the end, BYU got the victory 27-15 and will go into it's bye week 2-0. GG niuhuskie224 I definitely am glad i played you before you got your team made (y)

6. jello1717

#1[​IMG]42
    #6[​IMG]37

#1 SMU hosted the #6 Jackets in a crazy offensive shootout. GT held SMU to a 3 and out on their 1st drive and then scored a FG on their first drive to go up 3-0. Then SMU's offense kicked into high gear as QB Ryan Smith took a keeper 67 yards for his first TD. On the very next play, GT's QB tried his own option keeper, only to be blasted in the backfield, coughing the ball up to SMU. This gave the Mustangs the ball on the GT 19 but they still needed 5 plays to get a TD to go up 14-3. Not to be discouraged, the Jackets put together a 6 play drive to cut the lead to 14-10 after 1.

SMU answered right back on a 30 yard toss from Smith to WR Tommy Freeman. Following this, the defenses finally did something as there were 3 consecutive 3 and outs (2 by GT, 1 by SMU). Then SMU's coach Jello got greedy and had his young QB throw the ball from his own 6 yard line, resulting in an INT. 1 3 yard run later and GT had cut the lead to 21-17 with only 1:35 left in the half. Coach Jello got greedy once more and Smith threw his 2nd INT of the game with only 16s left in the left. This one was returned 70 yards for a TD, giving GT the 24-21 lead at the half, and with them getting the ball first in the 3rd. When asked about this after the game, coach Jello said "I don't feel bad about that one. There was 16s left and we had 3rd down from just outside of FG range. Of course we're gonna throw the ball. The only sickening thing about it is that Smith threw to the covered TE on an in route, when he had a wide open receiver running the post." (See DW of the GT pick 6 to see the post running free)

Coach Jello tried to settle his young QB down in the locker room, explaining that those INTs were his fault and not Smith's. With all of the momentum on the Yellow Jacket sideline, the SMU defense stepped up and forced a 3 and out on the 1st drive of the half. 5 rushing plays later and Smith scored from 9 yards out on a QB power where he just shoved a safety to the ground for daring to try to tackle him. GT answered right back with a methodical 10 play drive to regain the lead 31-28 after 3.

SMU began the 4th with their own 10 play drive, capped off by Smith's 2nd passing TD of the game, this one a 12 yard strike to TE Stephen Ostrander. GT answered on their next drive, which included a 4th down conversion, where Rogers hit WR Gandy for a 60 yard strike giving GT the 37-35 lead with 2:54 left in the game. But, just when they seemed to have regained the momentum, SMU's CB Darryl Carlton came flying off the edge to block the XP, meaning that an SMU FG would win the game instead of simply tying it. Ryan Smith would hear nothing about FGs though so on SMU's next play, he took the ball 75 yards for his 3rd rushing TD of the day, giving SMU the lead once again 42-37 with only 2:36 left. GT marched down the field, converting at least 1 4th down, but ultimately missed a pass on 4th and 2 from the SMU 4 yard line, giving SMU the victory.

Great game once again aarondramp. I think we would've been fine just leaving the defenses at home in this one. One of these days I'll learn that it's okay to take a small lead into the locker room and stop chucking the ball around, throwing picks right before halftime. Smacking your QB in the mouth the first time he ran the ball and forcing the fumble was big for me as I wanted to take his legs away and make him 1 dimensional. That worked well, but his 1 dimension of passing was still pretty damned good. GL the rest of the way.

Game Balls:
    SMU:
    QB Ryan Smith - 13 car, 189 yds (14.5 YPC), 3 TD - 159.9, 12/17 (70%), 150 yds, 2 TD, 2 INT
    WR Tommy Freeman - 5 rec, 72 yds, TD
    CB Oliver Smith - 8 tkls, TFL, sack, defl, FR
    DE Jake Hartman - 7 tkls, 5 TFL, 3 sacks, FF

GT:
    QB Ben Rogers - 191.1, 18/25 (72%), 276 yds, 2 TD, 0 INT
    HB Sammie Lewis - 12 car, 69 yds (5.7 YPC), 2 TD
    WR Derrick Gandy - 5 rec, 116 yds, TD
    OLB Ryan Dean - 10 tkls, TFL

GT.JPG

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  7. jello1717

BIG XII REPRESENT!!!!!!!

poll.JPG

8. jello1717

Also the Big XII is 6-0 against the ACC so far this year.

I'm not sayin'.

I'm just sayin'.

(No pressure Darkwing, but you damned well better not be the first big XII team to lose to an ACC foe)

9. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

Lol I didn't notice any tough ACC games on my schedule so....

10. jello1717

[​IMG]

11. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

jello1717

I can't believe I almost won after taking the sack on 1st down and then having a drop on 2nd and 18 that would have made it 3rd and about 5. Fortunately, I got something on 3rd and 18 to give me a shot, but the 4th down didn't come through. I rewatched that play, and the CB that made the play actually left another WR to bat it down. I actually had his WR more open than the guy I threw it to, but if I had waited half a second longer he wouldn't have been able to make that play. The story of the E for me. Play really close but lose in the end. It was a fun one, though.

12. jello1717

I'm still sick to my stomach about that pick 6. Look at how wide open the post is over the middle. Do I see that? No. Instead I try to force the in to my TE. Bleh!

13. jello1717

Leave it to fucking Darkwing to let the entire Big XII down.......

14. Darkwing

If anyone knows how to slowly and painfully excrete large chunks of a lead and feel the associated burn as that vomit travels out to ruin a day it's this guy. FML

15. aarondramp

But he did cover the spread!

16. jello1717

I just saw the final score. So you were leading?

17. jello1717

Damn dude! You were up 24-3???

18. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Worst first quarter ever. TCU marched right down the field to put up 7 on the first possession. Then UVA throws a blind pick, I threw deep into what I thought was single coverage ...not, its double. And the ball floats, easiest pick ever. TCU gets a field goal on that. Then TCU connects on a deep ball, where my FS runs up to his guy, who's on a streak, but my safety runs up....wtf? Then there was his 75 yard scoop and score. My quarterback played lights out after that, threw for 383, ran for 80 and threw 2 touchdowns.

19. Darkwing

:mad:

20. jello1717

SMU 63
    North Texas 30

NT's offense was unstoppable pretty much the entire game as they scored on every possession except for 4 (2 of these came in garbage time against the 2nd teamers as I don't think they even allowed a first down). For SMU it was the Michael Sanders Show as the slot receiver had a crazy game. (These are all on the DW in the Michael Sanders' themed highlight reel)
    • First he took a simple 5 yard out and turned it into a 61 yard TD reception.
    • Then, with only 15s left in the half, 1st and 10 from the NT 20 yard line with no SMU timeouts left he went up in traffic to come down with the catch and then fought his way across the goal line for the TD.
    • In the 3rd he took a WR motion option pitch 50 yards for his first rushing TD.
    • He took another motion option pitch 9 yards for his 2nd rushing TD.
    • Lastly he took a jet sweep (which had been setup by his 1st option TD) 33 yards and nearly got another TD.
    Of note, WR Tommy Freeman (last year's Biletnikoff winner) had 0 receptions for the 2nd time out of 3 games this year. He just doesn't seem to have the chemistry that he had with QB Simmons last year.

Game Balls:
    WR Michael Sanders - 5 rec, 113 yds, 2 TD - 4 car, 89 yds (22.2 YPC), 2 TD
    QB Ryan Smith - 204.2, 9/15 (60%), 179 yds, 2 TD, 0 INT - 5 car, 63 yds (12.6 YPC), TD
    HB#3 A.J. Brown - 7 car, 54 yds (7.7 YPC), 2 TD
    FS Harvey Smith - 12 tkls, TFL
    OLB Matt Bass - 11 tkls, TFL
    DT Jarrett Ratliff - 3 tkls, 2 TFL, 2 sacks, FF

21. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Maryland 27
    Virginia 38

The Cavaliers were able to pull this one out, a game that looked like a shootout early. Both teams marched up and down the field, which led to a 14-14 tie midway thru the 2nd quarter. The Cavs were able to force a punt and turn that possession into a touchdown to take a 21-17 lead into half. The third quarter only saw a Maryland field goal cut into the lead. Virginia exploded in the fourth, putting up 17 unanswered. QB Jeff Henderson was almost perfect, completing 21/24 for 276 and 2 touchdowns. Henderson added another score on the ground. HB Deon Taylor scored 3total touchdowns and over 100 total yards of offense. UVA takes a needed break this week before traveling to the Doak.

Good game Hokie Effect Things worked for me on offense, haven't had everything come together very often. Good luck the rest of the way.

22. Darkwing

41[​IMG][​IMG]7
    The Horned Frogs turned this into a lopsided contest even though both teams had under 300 yards of total offense. Getting up early and holding the scary HB McCoy to 13 yds on 6 carries was key. Seminole QB Stevenson was also contained on the ground and had his share of problems through the air being picked twice in the first half, one of which went for a pick 6.
    The game was 24-0 after a long TD strike, long FG, a TD run, and the pick 6. FSU then answered with a 35 yd TD pass to make it 24-7 at half. In the second half TCU would add another long TD pass and Phillips TD run to make the game final. In his career debut, QB McDowell, played well in the hostile setting. Leading the defensive charge was MLB Mason (8 tackles, INT) and DE Johnson (2 sacks).
    @Big Suge Knight it was great to play you. My thoughts and prayers are with you man; and I wish the best towards you.
    Game Frogs:
    HB Phillips -- 17 Car 75 Yds 2 TD | 2 Rec 77 Yds TD
    FS Tucker -- 3 Tack INT TD
    Screen Shot 2012-12-06 at 12.30.58 PM.png

23. Darkwing

8[​IMG][​IMG]48
    Week 5 is a big week around college football as 4 users have nationally televised games that will see big recruits visit as well. Word is out that GT, Baylor, and BYU (no word from SMU as usual) have some big stakes this week. (Even though GT is playing on Thursday night, lol ACC). That trend was no different in Fort Worth as double digit recruits found themselves in Amon G. Carter Stadium. And they all saw an impressive performance.
    After the bye week to soak in that week 3 collapse, the Frogs came out strong. QB McDowell led the opening drive down the field and capped it with a 4th down 5 yd TD pass to WR Terrell. The D then let up a long FG to the Cowboys but McDowell answered by finding Terrell who had burnt the coverage for a 45 yd TD. The Frogs next drive stalled and turned into a 47 yd FG. Then Okie St got a drive going but couldn't break through as TCU forced the 24 yd FG. McDowell then threw a meaningless INT with :30 in the half. 17-6 at the break.
    In the 2nd half the Frogs continued to punish the Cowboys by adding 2 rushing TDs in the 3rd quarter. At 31-6, the 4th saw plenty of PT for the 2nd and 3rd stringers and they crushed the 1st string guys from Stillwater 17-2. The first punt came with a couple mins left and a late INT was returned into FG range so the Frogs added that tasteful 3 points to the board.
    Next week TCU will travel to #1 SMU. McDowell will need to have his first turnover free game and the Frogs will be careful with the Mustangs best DE combo in the nation.
    Game Frogs:
    QB McDowell -- 11/13 240 Yds 2 TD INT | 12 Car 121 Yds
    SS Troy -- 6 Tack Sack INT
    Screen Shot 2012-12-06 at 1.03.37 PM.png

24. aarondramp

Get off my nuts. I'm not having anyone in for a visit that has you on their board, so are you peaking in on all my guys?

25. Darkwing

If I didn't sorta follow recruiting efforts wouldn't that make me a bad coach?