The E. Season 7: Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Masler, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

#5 Stanford - 62

Notre Dame - 21

Fighting Irish still unable to best Coach Masler

I had three different QB's and three different HB's play in this game and all of them had no problem doing whatever they wanted against the Notre Dame defense. All QB's made some good passes, showing any of them were able if I needed them, same for the HB's. The WR core played like my old one changed their last names and the defense is just like I thought, underrated. They recorded 5 turnovers (3F, 2 INT) and held Notre Dame to just 41 yards of rushing.

The season starts off good for the Cardinal.

Stats

R. Warren - 13/19, 287 yards, TD, 1 Rushing TD
    E. Lawrence - 6/11, 110 yards, 2 TD

J. Pettit - 16 Att, 42 yards, 2 TD
    M. Stewart - 15 Att, 70 yards, TD
    D. Miller- 7 Att, 65 yards, TD

P. Wilson - 4 Rec, 131 yards, TD
    J. Holley - 5 Rec, 137 yards, TD
    C. Goodwin - 5 Rec, 49 yards, TD

W. Brooks - 4 Tackles, 4 TFL, 2 Sacks, FF
    T. Dawson - 7 Tackles, INT, FF

2. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Michigan State 56
    Texas 20

The Spartans, behind QB George Chase, looked to put the last two years of mediocrity behind them and finally get back in the national title hunt. Today they sent notice to the rest of the college football nation with a flawless beatdown of #22 Texas. Texas and their 99 Ovr QB only managed to score 6 points on the first team defense, meanwhile MSU had their way with the Texas defense. HB Kevin Tucker did most of the work early, breaking two 60 yard TD runs in the 1st half and showing off his improved speed. QB Chase, who is probably better known for his boneheaded INTs than his success as a starter, had without a doubt the best game of his career, missing on only 1 pass in 14 tries while adding 290 yards and 2 TDs. Texas finally got their offense moving when the 2nd team defense came onto the field and scored a couple TDs on blown coverage.

Stats:
    QB Chase 13/14 294 2 TDs 0 INTs
    HB Kevin Tucker 18 carries 173 yards 2 TDs
    WR MJ Houston 3 Catches 71 yards 1 TD
    CB Aaron Andrews 3 TKLs 1 INT

3. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Winning On The Road
    The hostile College Station crowd could not help the Aggies beat rival Arkansas.
    [​IMG]

Arkansas had a battle from the start with Texas A&M as the Aggies put up over 200 yards passing in the 1st quarter. A 7-7 1st quarter saw things settle down in favor of the Razorbacks in the 2nd as they went on a 13-3 run. It would be all Arkansas in the 2nd half as we shut down the TAMU offense ending the game 51-19 which allowed some backups playing time. The defense picked off Texas A&M 6 times, 2 by Mike Livingston. Wesley Johnson got his year started with 18 carry, 176 yard and 1 touchdown performance. His backup, Zach Bean rushed 8 times for 45 yards and 3 scores.

The Razorbacks travel to Wisconsin to face the #1 Badgers and Coach dakota7 in Madison next week.

4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

[​IMG]62
    [​IMG]23

ASU opened the defense of their title with a shellacking of one of the Big East's newest arrivals, Boise State. The Sun Devil defense covered the field very well, forcing 7 turnovers (6 INTs). FS Bill Williams, who was a 2nd team All American last year as a true FR, wanted to show that teams shouldn't throw to his side of the field either with 2 picks. JR OLB Benjamin Bailey was a whirlwind on the field with 5 tackles, 3 sacks, a FF and a FR.

Offensively, the Devils were unstoppable with Robbie Thomas at the helm. He completed every pass, including a TD, and ran for 63 yards in a quarter. Then disaster struck as he was nailed in the ribs at the end of the 1st quarter and missed the rest of the game. His backup Jamel Parks only did an okay job and will have to improve if he is called upon to start for the remainder of the season. He threw for 157 yards and 3 TDs, but he also threw 2 picks which is entirely unacceptable. Outside of Thomas, the only other person to shine by running the ball was JR Bryan Stephens who gained 70 yards and a TD on 9 carries.

ASU has a bye next week as everyone in the Sun Devil nation is anxiously awaiting word from the doctors on Robbie Thomas' health.

5. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Washington 24
    Army 21

narrow win in opener - Washington wins tight battle in their season opener

Pretty sad that we almost lost this game. I could have very easily started the season at 0-3 as I have a bye next week that leads the Huskies into 2 user matchups. The Army defense is awful at the run, but then again, we're pretty sad, as well. We started off strong but then let up off the gas in the 2nd half as we tried some different looks on both sides of the ball. The second half saw some picks and a huge fumble that almost cost the Huskies the game.

We had a great day running the ball, with both our speed and power backs sharing the load, each hitting 100 yards. A major contributor to the win was a crucial interception in the end zone, saved in the wire!

The game winner, a field goal that bounced in off the post.

Weird thing happend in the first quarter where the game froze, then recovered itself. However, timeouts were greyed out and the quarters never ended. I other words, when quarter would reach 0 the game would continue with only the play clock moving. The game clock would just sit on 0. I almost killed to entire game, but figured I wold try the SIM option. I hit SIM ahead to next quarter, and that worked. So, essential I played all game without having timeouts. This is why I had to win with a field goal when I really wanted to manage the clock and rush in for a TD. Very odd behavior, never seen this before.

6. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Penn State 14
    Georgia 38

The offense came to play for the Bulldogs today as they moved the ball early and often. Penn State put up a usual CPU fight through the first half, but they were dominated by the UGA defense in the 2nd. QB Casey Gutierrez threw 4 TDs on the day as he opened up the season looking sharp. He threw a fade to his favorite WR Rodney Lewis, hit WR Charles Montgomery with a deep bullet, and then hooked up with his new TE Adrian Small for 2 TDs as the new guy shined in his first start. His two freshman understudies also had nice days hauling in 5 passes together which gave the UGA TEs 11 rec for 151 yards and 2 TDs.

On defense, the team looked OK by UGA standards. They were without a turnover until the last drive of the game for PSU when SS Chaz Johnson made a nice pick in the end zone. There could have been a few more TOs, but PSU jumped on a few of their own fumbles. They will need to improve in the secondary, although they looked a lot better near the end of the game.

QB Gutierrez 17/26, 294 yards, 4 TD
    HB Holland 18 att, 116 yards, TD
    TE Small 6 rec, 77 yards, 2 TD
    WR Montgomery 3 rec, 70 yards, TD

7. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Michigan 52
    Miami 6

The newly remodeled Wolverine offense took the field with new starters at all the skill positions and it showed as the team struggled in the first half. It took 14 minutes before Jeff Stanley connected on a 14 yard pass to Corey Battle to take the 7 - 3 lead. From their Titus Smith took over, the DB had two consecutive pick six scores in the last minute and a half of the first half. From their it was the Corey Battle show, as the UM WR caught two TD passes and returned a kickoff 87 yards giving Michigan a 42 - 6 lead after three quarters. The win is a big one for the Wolverines as they get ready to run the Experience Gaunlet with games against #6 Georgia, #2 Arizona State, #13 Northwestern, #18 BYU and #4 Michigan State.

Thank you jello1717!

8. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

(Come on EA! A "B" team going into Tuscaloosa against an "A" overall team....I shouldn't of had a prayer in this one.)

#13 NU 34
    #23 Bama 7

The Wildcats opened the season with a statement by going into Tuscaloosa and knocking off the Tide. (The Tide have switched to a Pistol offense so they're not very dangerous w/the ball. This coach shouldn't last long.) The most notable difference about this Wildcat team is they know HOW to play football and aren't afraid to use their pads. This was evident on the very first play from scrimmage.

The game opened with Bama's QB pulling it down and scrambling, well he hadn't seen any tape on new NU starting MLB SO Ricky O'Brien yet obviously as O'Brien destroyed him forcing a fumble. This setup the Cats with a short field and new starting QB Burton made it evident he isn't just a runner as he connected with Montrell Brooks for his first TD of the day/season.

Bama would look to respond on their next drive, but after catching a ball on a hitch pattern, Mr. O'Brien was there again! Two tackles, two fumbles forced for the new starting LB. NU would recover and unfortunately couldn't do anything with it. Bama would trade punts back and on the next drive Burton would lead the Wildcats to a TD connecting with Brooks again from 4 yards out for his 2nd TD of the day.

In the second half, Bama would get on the board when Burton would make his only mistake of the game throwing an out route off target resulting in a pick six (sick catch by Bama on this one).

Bama would put together a bit of a surge late in the third, but a huge red zone turnover on downs forced by the Wildcats would pretty much seal the deal. The offense took over and Burton & co. showed what may be one of the better ground games in the country this year as they are able to grind the game out.

Notes - This feels like the best team I've had yet. Burton is sick. My FR HB Howard Smith is an absolute monster. He looks like a TE carrying the ball but has all the athleticism I could ask for. The defense plays tough and puts the pads on guys but more importantly, they actually read and react to the ball. This should be a fun season.

Gameball - MLB Ricky O'Brien 9 tkls (5 solo), 2 tfl, deflection, 2 FF, FR

Notables:
    NU
    QB Burton 80.8, 5/15 30 yds 2 TDs, INT, 10 car 100 yds TD (first time my QB put up 100 yards this year!)
    HB H. Smith 12 car 66 yds
    WR M. Brooks 3 rec 21 yds 2 TDs

Bama
    QB Bracken 125.0 12/18 125 yds sack, 6 car 24 yds
    HB Malone 13 car 39 yds
    WR Ransom 5 rec 95 yds

9. jello1717

USC switched to USF's offense and the coach only lasted 2 years. They then brought in SMU's offense and the coach only lasted for ONE year before getting fired. Strangely enough, they're back to USF's playbook for this year....

10. jello1717

I thought you said he made it evident he ISN'T just a runner....

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

How did it feel beating up Bama for old times sake?? lol

12. jello1717

Holy he'll UofCWildcat! I don't think I've ever seen a TE catch 12 balls for 250 yards in a game before!

13. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Yeah. Best receiver hands down. I tried saving highlights of his TDs. He broke 2 tackles on one and scored on a drag route, then got a loose on a streak. It was that high low play where the slot curls, the Wide guy runs a deep in and the TE goes streaking. It was awesome. Then his third was a mesh play from the 3. He also had a long out route where he broke a tackle of BYU's safety

14. GoGators

LOL, yeah I was shocked when I looked at his stat line after writing that. He threw the ball pretty well though.

15. GoGators

At the opening kickoff I did laugh a little cause I was thinking, man it's been a while since playing in this stadium....but I certainly remember it.

16. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Virginia Tech 17
    Wisconsin 31

The Hokies came in as a confident group and they got off to a quick start. QB Scott Perry connected twice on long passes to WR Tim Hall for touchdowns, giving the Hokies a lot of confidence. The Badgers weren't discouraged, turning to their veteran QB Chris Frank, who methodically led to 4 scoring drives in the first half. Frank connected on 8/11 passes on the day for 231 yards and 1 td, a 65 yard strike to WR Anthony Fuller. Freshman Joe Butler made his first start after having been the #1 high school player two years ago. Butler was impressive, rushing only 14 times for 241 yards and 2 touchdowns. Next up is a top ten showdown with Arkansas.

17. jello1717

I wanted that guy BADLY!!!!!!! I prefer good power backs to the speed guys, but so far I've only been able to sign speed guys. I look for Butler types every year and it's rare that they exist or are interested in me. I went hard after Butler, but you snagged him instead. :(

18. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

He feels good too. Very smooth to play with, nicely balanced ratings and fell forward every time he was tackled. He's up to 91 speed already, so I'm not as worried about the lack of breakaway speed. He even had a 70 yard touchdown yesterday.

19. jello1717

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. jello1717

What you described is why I prefer these guys. In my offline, I've had about 4 of these for every 1 Bryan Stephens type.

21. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

#3 Michigan 14
    #6 Georgia 42

The home team jumped out first, took advantage of some mistakes, and then never looked back in the win over the Wolverines. The Bulldogs took advantage of two big INTs to take control in a big 2nd quarter. Things didn't start out well for Michigan as UGA intercpted a deep bomb to end their first drive quickly. Gutierrez marched the team down the field along with some great running by HB Jerry Holland as the Bulldogs took a 7-0 lead. UM would respond with a great driving mixing up the pass and run and using a lot of formations. Stanley hit WR Corey Battle for an 8 yard TD to tie the game.

Moving into the 2nd quarter, UGA was on a great drive picking up chunks of yardage and converting a few big 3rd downs. On 2nd and goal, Gutierrez hit WR Rodney Lewis on a fade to give the Bulldogs the lead. Michigan would come out strong again on their next drive looking to answer. Stanley had the team near midfield when DT Christian Hunter tipped a pass at the line and CB Ryan Avery reacted for the INT. UGA moved the ball down the field as Holland punched it in from 1 yard out to give the Bulldogs a 21-7 lead with 50 seconds left in the half.

UM had 3 TOs and worked the ball down the field nicely setting them up with a 1st and goal with 5 seconds left. The Wolverines came out in a Wildcat package, but the Bulldogs were ready for the pass as the UGA coach remembered UM was not afraid to throw from this formation. They called it and SS Chaz Johnson made a great pick. His run back was even better as he plowed over a TE and then made a great cut to score with no time left on the clock. It was a huge momentum swing and put UGA up 28-7.

The Bulldogs had the ball to open up the 3rd quarter as they looked to put this one away. Gutierrez led the team on a 3:30 drive that ended with his 2nd TD hook up with Lewis, this time on a slant where his WR made a great play. Michigan drove down the field just like they had all first half, but another turnover doomed them again. LB Dominic Fry blew up the UM HB on a draw play and the Bulldogs recovered. Back up HB Brad Knox would score on a 36 yard run and Stanley would throw his 2nd TD in the 4th quarter as the Bulldogs went on to the 42-14 victory.

GG Big Suge Knight Those INTs in the 2nd quarter really changed the game. The return at the end of the half was a huge swing as well. Good luck in the B1G.

Georgia
    QB Gutierrez 13/15, 157 yards, 2 TDs, RUSH TD
    HB Holland 20 att, 143 yards, TD
    HB Knox 10 att, 90 yards, TD
    WR Lewis 2 rec, 15 yards, 2 TDs

Michigan
    QB Stanley 19/28, 257 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs
    HB Lindsey 7 att, 39 yards
    WR Robinson 5 rec, 88 yards
    WR Seward 5 rec, 49 yards, TD

22. GoGators

NIU 22
    #13 NU 44

Well, I finally got these jerks on the field and they tried to cheese me the same way they do on the recruiting trail. It was a frustrating game as NIU played hard to defend the run and their 81 overall DT was an absolute monster in throwing around my top two OL at RG and C. Thankfully Burton was able to get enough going through the air and take advantage of some ridiculously aggressive blitzing to have a career day and lead us to victory.

The NIU offense was very effective as well to make things worse as their HB put Bama's to shame, averaging 5 ypc on the game. Their QB was effective with his legs as well taking off on countless scrambles to move the chains. Putting a spy on him in the second half would help with that however.

Gameball - WR J. Ziegler 5 rec 165 yds TD

Notable Stats:
    NIU
    QB G. White 13/19 139, TD, INT, 10 car 29 yds
    HB R. Jones 15 car 75 yds TD
    WR R. Patterson 3 rec 49 yds

NU
    QB Burton 14/25 294 yds, 2 TDs, INT, 7 car -5 yds
    HB E. Owens 13 car 45 yds TD, 3 rec 45 yds
    WR B. Lewis 3 rec 75 yds TD

Also, NIU had a safety, #30 I believe. This little shit was everywhere! Guy was pissing me off royally.

I've got two videos of sacks posted online. It's crazy how their DT was destroying my pass blocking. Also, the last video I subbed in my 2nd team offense because I felt the game was out of reach. What happens, their DT destroys my OL again, gets to the QB, thankfully the QB slips the tackle in the pocket, but then as I'm hammering RT and the left stick for him to scramble he just sits there (EA better fix this shit for next season...I'm tired of not having control of my QB) and waits. Finally he starts running to escape the pocket only to get chased down by said DT, forcing a fumble as I tried to throw it out of bounds, and it's scooped and scored for a TD. What a joke.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  23. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I hate that shit more than I hate how slow the speed option develops. What is the point of your QB slipping a tackle if you lose control of him for 3 seconds afterwords? 95% of the time they get leveled immediately after and lose the ball in the process.

• Like Like x 1
  24. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Close Battle
    Arkansas takes out the #1 team in the Nation, 27-21.
    [​IMG]
    #7 Arkansas traveled to Camp Randall to take on the #1 Wisconsin Badgers led by Coach dakota7. After a disappointing loss in the SEC championship, the Razorbacks new squad would get tested early. The story of this game was Arkansas' ability to create turnovers and not turn the ball over. Wisconsin things going early with an 85 yard touchdown run by Joe Butler. Arkansas would put together a solid drive but failed to get a touchdown and settled for 3. The Badgers would put up another touchdown scoring drive and took a commanding 14-3 lead. However, Nick Collins would find Corey Heard in the end zone right before half time to go into the locker rooms, 14-10. Wesley Johnson would finally find the end zone in the 3rd quarter as he scored on a 46 yard shotgun counter to put the Hogs on top for the 1st time in the ball game. Not to be outdone, Chris Frank would hit Anothony Fuller for a 27 yard strike to take back the lead, 21-17. Both teams exchanged the football and finally on a 4th down, Nick Collins would get his 2nd passing touchdown of the game on a 63 yard touchdown pass to Gary Owens for a 24-21 lead. Lionel Johnson would boot a 43 yard kick to give some security and the Hogs were able to hold off the Badger comeback.
    I was very impressed with Nick Collins, a (RS) Sophomore who we started last season when we took over. He went 11-25 but for 205 yards and 2 touchdowns. The big key was not turning the ball over. Wesley Johnson gashed the defense for 133 yards on 20 carries and hit the end zone once. Corey Heard is proving to be the go to guy of the receiving core as he caught 3 balls for 73 yards a TD. The defense was the main factor today with 3 interceptions.
    Up Next:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  25. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Congrats on the win. Glad I don't play Dakota next. Wait I play Jello... The Trail of Tears tour continues. :(

• Like Like x 1