The E. Season 7: Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Masler, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Post them up fellas.

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

[​IMG][​IMG]
    #15 Kansas State - 23​
    #19 Oregon - 0​
    The Ducks, used to the crappy weather of Oregon, should have dominated me in the rain but they came in unprepared. The Wildcat defense held this team to 120 yards total offense which included just 2 yards of rushing off of 17 attempts. The only good thing about Oregon was they slowed down my rushing attack but could not stop Reed from tossing two TDs. The (RS)FR was amazing, only missing two passes but he did get strip sacked for a fumble but the Ducks obviously made nothing out of it. ​
    KSU opens up the year on a high note. I'm thinking the sliders were somehow made easier...but it could also be that the Ducks kept trying the option and it just wasn't working. ​
    Stats​
    K. Reed - 9/11, 198 yards, 2 TD​
    B. Perry - 16 Att, 85 yards, 5.3 ypc​
    M. Fuqua - 13 Att, 34 yards, 2.6 ypc, 1 TD​
    D. Hunter - 4 Rec, 96, 1 TD
    M. Hall - 3 Rec, 58 yards, 1 TD​
    A. Harrison - 5 Tackles, 1 TFL, 1 Sack​
    C. Brown - 4 Tackles, 1 TFL, 1 Safety ​

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

• Like Like x 1
  4. Masler

Masler Moderator

They had 4 drops, which wasn't really that bad. Twice I creamed the receiver.

5. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Miami - 59
    Wisconsin - 45

Game wasn't nearly as close as the score indicated. Miami got into a 14-0 hole after 3 INT's by the first time starter at QB. He settled in and the Canes rattled of 35 straight points before half to make it 35-14 at half. The highlight of the 35-0 run was a Punt Return touchdown of 82 yards. The Wisconsin punter was good but he outkicked his coverage and I was able to take advantage.

Wisconsin and Miami exchanged scores the rest of the way, and after the shaky start, the result was never in doubt.

6. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

That's what she said?

7. jello1717

I LOVE playing against those punters with 90+ KPW legs.

8. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Or was it a he?

9. jello1717

[​IMG]24
    [​IMG]20

SMU mounted a terrific comeback, including a couple of gutsy calls to win this one in College Park. Nothing worked for SMU early. Absolutely nothing. Maryland received the opening kickoff and only needed 5 plays to go up 7-0. Trying to answer, SMU QB Ryan Smith lost a fumble on a bad option pitch on SMU's 3rd play of the game. 2 plays later it was 14-0 Maryland only 2 minutes into the game. This time SMU held the ball for 8 plays before Smith turned it over again, this time on an interception. At this point things were very, very bleak for SMU. Maryland marched into FG range but luckily it was at this point that the defense decided to step up. 2 sacks for 20 yards forced them out of FG range and they had to punt. On the 2nd play of the drive, Smith hit HB Darryl Estes for a 78 yard screen pass for a TD. This was really scary as there was a flag on the play, but luckily it was for a late hit on the QB. Maryland marched again, but had to settle for a FG with 3 minutes left in the half. It only took SMU 2 minutes and 6 plays to score a TD to cut the halftime lead to 17-14 with SMU set to receive the ball first in the 2nd half.

SMU was still struggling as Smith threw his 2nd pick (3rd turnover) of the game on SMU's first drive. SMU's D was determined to keep the Mustangs in the game so they forced a punt to give SMU the ball back. SMU was driving again but got to 4th and 4 on the Maryland 40. Coach Jello elected to go for it, but was stuffed to turn it over to the Terps. The SMU D then forced their first turnover of the day as a bad option pitch hit an SMU defender and SMU recovered the ball. Despite starting in plus territory, the Mustangs could only muster a FG to tie the game at 17-17 with 1 quarter remaining. Maryland wasted no time as they put together a 10 play drive to regain the lead 20-17 with 4:30 left. SMU went for the win as they used up the clock and marched 10 plays into Maryland territory. With 1 minute remaining the Mustangs were looking at 4th and inches from the Maryland 24 yard line. Coach Jello elected to go for the win so they lined up in a power running formation. Maryland answered with a goal line or 5-2 defense. Not liking the looks of this coach Jello called a timeout and instead came out with 4 wide. Maryland still chose to go with the 5-2/goal line formation so Smith tossed an easy completion to FR WR Billy Daniels for the 1st down. A 17 yard option keeper and then a QB sneak by Smith gave SMU their 1st lead of the game with only 28s remaining. Maryland's QB tossed a pick into the quarters defense on their next play to end the game.

GG Hokie Effect. As I said on XBL, it's tough playing someone that runs your offense since they know it so well. You completely shut me down for most of the game. Luckily for me, my defense finally stepped up and kept us in the game until we were able to move the ball a little on offense.

Game Balls:
    SMU:
    HB Jordy Reynolds - 9 car, 52 yds (5.7 YPC), TD
    Darryl Estes - 2 rec, 133 yds, TD
    RE Mike Foreman - 5 tkls, 4 TFL, 2 sks

Maryland:
    HB Steve Fordinal - 10 car, 58 yds (5.8 YPC), TD
    WR Keith Robinson - 6 rec, 112 yds
    SS Jake Hinds - 15 tkls, TFL

maryland.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  10. systemhead

systemhead Walk On

NC State-27
    LSU-10

The main thing that I took from the game is that the CPU sucks at running the option offense, and that the CPU QB threw the ball horribly when given the chance.

I was able to get an early 10-0 lead and when LSU had the ball they couldn't do much offensively. It was completely my fault they scored at all as I gave the ball away on 3 straight possessions in my own territory. It was 10-10 at the half with LSU getting the ball. They did nothing with it and I was able to scratch out a few drives the rest of the way to take the lead and the win.

I was kind of surprised to see how badly their QB was throwing the ball. Quite a few times he threw ugly passes that had no chance of being caught, while other times his HB simply couldn't hang on to the ball on a simple check down.

Their defense was pretty solid though. I ran the ball OK at times but was far from dominant on the ground or through the air.

Glad to start with a win!

• Like Like x 1
  11. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

12. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

Baylor - 16
    Georgia Tech - 26

This game turned towards the end of the first half and completely swung the game.

Baylor got a quick touchdown on the second play of the game as a few guys missed tackled and/or took bad angles to get a 69 yard touchdown (highlight on the wire) to start the game. The next three possessions all ended with punts, but Baylor was then able to convert a field goal to go up 10-0 early in the second quarter.

After GT threw a pick on their next possession (followed by Baylor getting to the 10 yard line), this looked like Baylor might run away with it. However, a big pick (on the wire) lead to a solid drive and a 22 yard field goal. After another Baylor punt, the Yellow Jackets again drove for a field goal to cut the lead to 10-6 with 34 seconds lefts in the half. The Bears decided to come out throwing and threw a pick on the first play. GT then threw a TD on the next play to take a half time lead of 13-10.

Tech started the second half with the ball and marched down the field before ending the drive with an 11 yard TD run to go up 20-10 with another Baylor punt and Georgia Tech field extending the lead to 13. The Bears then mounted a decent drive but faced a 4th down on the edge of field goal range. They decided to go for it and looked like they might convert, but the receiver took a big hit (on the wire) that jarred the ball loose.

The 4th quarter saw GT get a little too conservative as Baylor keyed on and stopped the run. They punted to start the 4th, and Baylor came up with a huge 48 yard touchdown pass. However, the failed 2 point conversion kept the lead at 10. Tech recovered the onside kick but punted again. After Baylor turned the ball over on downs, a few knees ended the game.

Good game blLL flo - the interception/touchdown at the end of the 1st half definitely swung the game. Also, all of those drops were just brutal. I don't know if that can be attributed to young guys on the road or what. I didn't look that closely at your team to see your receiver ratings, but it was a bit bizarre.

13. jello1717

[​IMG]42
    [​IMG]10

After a sluggish opening week, the SMU offense was hitting on all cylinders in week 2 versus #2 Georgia Tech. The stat of the day was GT's 0/5 3rd down conversions compared to SMU's 8/10 (their 11th was a kneel). GT's inability to get the SMU offense the hell off the field or keep their own offense on it led to a 9 to 19 minute difference in TOP. This led to SMU running 61 offensive plays to only 30 for the Jackets.

The game started well for GT as SMU put together an 8 play drive that ended in a punt, only to see Georgia Tech's 1st play from scrimmage go 80 yards for a TD. This was demoralizing and would've shaken a younger team, but SMU simply steeled their resolve and went on to outscore GT 42-3 for the rest of the game. Turnovers were a story. The Jackets turned it over 3 times (and their sure handed 99 OVR HB fumbled twice, losing 1) while SMU didn't turn it over at all (despite an early fumble by their QB Ryan Smith). While GT's HB couldn't hang on to the ball (with 2 fumbles on only 8 carries), the SMU HBs couldn't be tackled (their top 3 HBs combined for 12 broken tackles on 18 carries).

GG aarondramp. My offense was just in a groove and my D played lights out except for that 1st play. GL in the ACC.

Game Balls:
    SMU:
    QB Ryan Smith - 223.8, 13/14 (92%), 179 yds, TD - 16 car, 52 yds (3.2 YPC), TD
    HB#2 Jordy Reynolds - 11 car, 46 yds (4.1 YPC), 2 TD, 3 BTK
    HB#1 A.J. Brown - 5 car, 35 yds (7.0 YPC), TD, 4 BTK
    FS Harvey Smith - 4 tkls, INT, defl, FF

Georgia Tech:
    WR Jordan Petty - 3 rec, 120 yds, TD
    SS Alex Green - 12 tkls, 4 TFL, sack
    ROLB Blake Parham - 10 tkls, TFL
    MLB Geremy Robinson - 10 tkls, 3 TFL

GT.JPG

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  14. jello1717

C'mon Big XII dudes! What's up with all the losses to the ACC this year?!?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Masler

Masler Moderator

Chalk up another

16. jello1717

Another 2. After this week I think we're only 2-4 against the ACC....

• Like Like x 1
  17. dakota7

[​IMG] 31
    [​IMG] 45

Tight back and forth battle between these two top 5 teams. The Cavaliers were looking to avenge a loss to BYU from 2 seasons ago and regain some street cred by knocking off the defending BCS champs. Junior QB Justin McFadden had an outstanding game, accounting for 5 total touchdowns and over 300 total yards, outdueling dual threat Heisman winner Franklin Lewis. The game was defined by turnovers, as McFadden killed two promising first half Virginia drives in BYU territory by throwing picks. However, Lewis matched McFadden turnover for turnover, but his led directly to UVA touchdowns in the fourth quarter. Things don't get any easier for UVA as they take on Kansas State next week. good game UofCWildcat The late picks killed you. Good luck the rest of the way.

uvabyuscoring.PNG
    uvabyu.PNG

18. systemhead

systemhead Walk On

NC State-31
    Kansas St-28

Started off extremely well for myself and NC State as a curl route turned into a 67 yard TD on the opening drive. After a couple punts, NC State forced a big fumble and ran it in from 26 yards for the defensive score to go up 14-0. Then in the second quarter NC State struck again on a 48 yard TD pass to Jon Haumiller. 21-0 NC State. KSU eventually struck the big play on a 74 yard TD pass to gain some momentum entering the second half.

NC State scored next however late in the 3rd to extend back to a 21 point lead 28-7. Then KSU urned it on! They surgically drove the field on 3 possessions each ending with TDs, all the while completely shutting down the NC State offense in the process. Before we knew it it was tied at 28 with just under 2 minutes to play. Finally, NC State put a few plays together highlighted by a long completion to the TE to set up a FG try which was true to put NCState back on top 31-28. KSU had some time, but zero time-outs to work with, but fell a bit short as a long pass attempt was picked off at the goal line to finish the game.

Awesome job by Masler to make this one a game after a tough start and kudos for slowing down my offense to allow the comeback. GG it was fun!

Screen Shot 2012-12-31 at 3.58.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-12-31 at 3.59.20 PM.png

19. Masler

Masler Moderator

Great game man. The turnovers def killed me today. Glad I was able to make it a game because after being down 21, I had little hope

20. dakota7

[​IMG] 10
    [​IMG] 14

Defensive struggle and points were at a premium. The Cavs got out to an early 14-0 lead behind a couple of big plays by quarterback Justin McFadden, who took an option keeper 47 yards to the house on the first UVA possession. Later in the second quarter, McFadden made a play with his feet, keeping a play alive before finding WR James Price for a 62 yard touchdown strike. Virginia was done scoring from that point on, but the UVA defense was up to the challenge. The Kansas State offense was able to move the ball, but ultimately failed to put together a complete drive. KSU missed a first half field goal and was knocked out of field goal range by the aggressive UVA defense. Kansas State was able to finally put up a touchdown on a 4th and short play, where the UVA coaches brought pressure and WR Mike Hall got free on a slant and took it 75 yards. KSU surprisingly kicked the extra point instead of attempting the 2 point conversion. Virginia was unable to run out the clock and was forced to punt back to the Wildcats. Kansas State was able to about midfield, but QB Keenan Reed tried to scramble and coughed up the ball. Virginia recovered the fumble and was able to run out the clock. good game Masler Tight game that could have gone either way. Good luck the rest of the way.

uvaksuscoring.PNG
    UVAKSU.PNG

21. jello1717

Damn.......

The Big XII is now 2-6 against the damned ACC. It's a complete reversal from last year.

• Like Like x 1
  22. systemhead

systemhead Walk On

NC State-42
    East Carolina-3

Vastly over-matched ECU struggled to do much of anything in this one. I was able to get a lead and keep it with good D and a strong rushing attack. Not too much else to say about this one :)

23. systemhead

systemhead Walk On

NC State-29
    Va Tech-26

Phew! This one was a close shave! Va Tech really played well after a bad start by their QB. They were able to mix the run with the pass successfully and put some points on the board. A huge storyline for my team was the drops. My WRs and TEs were awful! A lot of 3rd down drops led to my 2-10 in 3rd down conversions which held down my offense for most of the game. Luckily I was able to put a couple drives together in the 4th quarter and make a stop to win the game. Yet again, PHEW! GG CPU, you crafty devil

24. dakota7

[​IMG] 7
    [​IMG] 31

These two rivals squared off in Charlottesville and it was a tight game for the first half, until the Cavs pulled away in the 3rd quarter. Virginia was once again led by Heisman hopefull Justin McFadden, who threw 3 touchdown passes and had over 300 total yards. McFadden was also turnover free for the first time this season. The Seminoles made some very questionable coaching decisions and really miss their coach Big Suge Knight . The Cavs take week 6 off before a non-conference game against Ohio State.

fsuUVAstats.PNG

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  25. jello1717

[​IMG]28
    [​IMG]19

SMU and TCU tangled once again for the Iron Skillet. This was a defensive battle in Fort Worth throughout the day. TCU took the opening kickoff and put together a nice 9 play drive to go up 7-0, using up over half of the 1st quarter. SMU answered with their own 10 play drive to knot the score up at 7 a piece after a 1st quarter that only consisted of 2 drives. TCU put together another extended drive, this one 11 plays, that ended in a FG. SMU went 3 and out and then TCU threw a pick on their next drive. With only 1:25 left in the half and on their own 9 yard line, SMU ran out the clock, content to enter the locker room only down 3. TCU got the ball back with 2 seconds and their QB Marshall threw his 2nd INT of the day on a Hail Mary pass.

TCU took a 10-7 lead into halftime as their defense held SMU, the nation's #3 offense, to only 94 yards. The 3rd quarter only saw 2 SMU punts, 1 TCU punt, and a TCU FG as the defenses continued to dominate. SMU entered the 4th quarter feeling fortunate to only be down by 6 points as their offense had only gained 126 yards and 7 points through 3 quarters.

For the 4th quarter, the SMU offense turned to their #3 HB Darryl Estes and he didn't disappoint. On their 1st drive of the 4th Estes put up 42 yards, including a 21 yard TD run on a drive that saw a beautiful 20 yard scramble by QB Ryan Smith and a timely 13 yard conversion on 3rd and 13. This gave SMU their first lead of the game at 14-13 with 5 minutes left in the game. The SMU D continued to play well as they forced a 7 play TCU drive to stall out after a failed 4th down attempt. This gave SMU the ball with only 2:52 left in the game and a 1 point lead. The plan was obviously to try to run the clock out, but HB #2 Jordy Reynolds had different thoughts on the subject. He decided to show the Toads which team had the men and which had the boys as he took a dive right into the heart of the TCU defense, broke 2 tackles, and then outran the TCU secondary for a 49 yard TD to put SMU up by 8. TCU wasn't finished as they put together a sustained drive to score another TD to put them down by 2. Luckily the 2 point conversion was denied as OLB Willie Brown batted down the pass with 1:26 left in the game. SMU recovered the onside kick and ran a couple of plays, forcing TCU to use timeouts. With 3rd and 9, 40s left, and 2 TCU timeouts remaining coach Jello called a running play to force them to use another TO. Once again the SMU HB had different thoughts as Estes took the counter 45 yards for the TD to really twist the knife.

The SMU defense's prime directive was to shut down the running game of their QB Marshall and it worked like a charm. Marshall was averaging about 10 YPC, but this wasn't against SMU. They held him to only 34 yards on 8 carries and 26 of those came against the prevent defense with 24s left and SMU leading by 2 scores. GG Darkwing.

Game Balls:
    SMU:
    QB Ryan Smith - 114.8, 7/11 (63%), 67 yds - 14 car, 92 yds (6.5 YPC)
    HB#3 Darryl Estes - 7 car, 81 yds (11.5 YPC), 2 TD
    HB#2 Jordy Reynolds - 3 car, 53 yds (17.6 YPC), 2 TD, 2 BTK
    OLB Matt Bass - 10 tkls, 2 TFL
    CB Kyle Chandler - 5 tkls, 2 INT

TCU:
    WR Logan Williams - 3 rec, 75 yds, TD
    WR Derrick Clemens - 3 rec, 62 yds

TCU.JPG