The E. Season 8: Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Masler, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

#21 Kansas State - 31

Nebraska - 29

The Wildcats outlasted their old Big XII rival in an exciting opening week game. The Cornhuskers just wouldn't go away in this one. QB Reed played TERRIBLE in this game, he was constantly being pressured and got picked off twice. He managed to throw one TD early in the game but after a while it became clear that Fuqua was the man to get the job done today. He absolutely crushed the Nebraska defense, rushing for over 300 yards and 2 TD's. On the defensive side of the ball it looks like KSU might have another freshman sensation at CB as Dunlap picked off two passes, returning one for a TD. The final minutes of this game were crazy as Reed coughed up the ball (again) and allowed Nebraska to possibly win the game, thankfully our defense held strong and forced the Huskers into 4 straight batted passes.

A win is a win but I'm not sure how confident I am after this one. We will travel to Boise next weekend.

Stats

K. Reed - 4/9, 51 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT
    M. Fuqua - 27 Att, 308 yards, 11.4 ypc, 2 TD
    M. Jack - 10 Tackles, 2 TFL, 1 Sack
    J. Dunlap - 3 Tackles, 2 INT, 119 INT yards, 3 Defl, 1 TD

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

SMU 37
    Ohio State 9

SMU traveled to the Horse Shoe to face the Fuckeyes to open their 2019 campaign. The SMU played possibly the worst offensive game under coach Jello, but their defense played lights out to make up for them. SMU gave away 5 turnovers, including 4 by starting QB Ryan Smith. SMU's QBs were also sacked 7 times on teh day. Superstar HB Jordy Reynolds was knocked out of the game after only 2 carries, but FR(RS) 3rd stringer Brandon McCormick played beyond the coach's dreams to make up the slack.

Game Balls:
    HB#3 Brandon McCormick - 10 car, 97 yds (9.7 YPC), 3 TD
    HB#1 Darryl Estes - 6 car, 62 yds (10.3 YPC) - 3 rec, 48 yds
    C Tim Reed - 7 pancakes, 0 sacks allowed
    LT Jared Merriman - 6 pancakes, 0 sacks allowed
    MLB#1 Samuel Moore - 7 tkls, 2 TFL, Sack
    SS Kenard Mack - 6 tkls, INT

4. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Masler - New season, new leaf. Regular game recaps.

Miami - 38
    Michigan - 31

Freshman Max Anthony wanted to come into Miami as a Freshman and make a difference as quickly as possible. But not even he could imagine what happened on the first play of the game.

After Michigan won the toss and elected to kick, Max Anthony knew something special could happen and it did, in the form of a 98 yard kick return that saw him go untouched for an early 7-0 lead. A quick 3 and out had Miami thinking big early but sophomore Jim Martin muffed the punt and Michigan took over and was able to get a quick TD to tie it at 7.

Jim Martin would get a chance to make up for his mistake on the next play. Special teams have been a major contributor to Miami the last two seasons and it showed to start the year when Jim Martin took the kickoff 92 yards for a TD of his own and a reclaiming of the lead at 14-7

Unfortunately, Heisman candidate Reggie Bryant couldn't get the offense going, and despite some decent drive, they could get points. Michigan capitalized, rolling of 10 in a row before Miami was able to tie it before half time at 17 a piece. Michigan would come out to start the second half with the ball and took the ball down field quickly to make it 24-17 and have the Wolverines thinking upset.

Coach Sternal would have none of that talk though. Miami would score on three straight drives, all on the ground with Reggie Bryan getting the party started with a 7 yard TD run on an option keeper to drive. Max Bryant would round out his impressive debut with a run on an option for 19 yards and a score, and a run off tackle of 48 yards to put Miami ahead 38-24. A garbage time TD for Michigan would give the final tally of 38-31.

The offensive line looked shaky for Miami giving up 6 sacks and will have their hands full next week when they travel to Provo.

Stats

Reggie Bryant - 9/17 for 151 yards, 19 carries for 41 yards, 1 rushing TD
    Max Anthony - 13 carries for 91 yards, 2 TD's. 3 Catches for 24 yards, 2 kick returns, 124 yards, 1 TD
    Curtis Robinson - 1 Catch, 65 yards
    Jim Martin - 3 Returns, 133 Yards, 1 TD

• Like Like x 1
  5. jello1717

You're the fucking KR master!

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

Appreciated. Now get the rest of the slackers to follow suit or I might have to create a slackers thread.

7. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

I have always been very good at kick returns. If I don't get 5 in a season I am disappointed. I won my game against NC State on a punt return TD last season. If only I could play D like I play special teams I would be rocking it around here.

8. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

[​IMG] 24
    [​IMG] 55

The Cavs were too much for the Ducks, as the defending champs rolled through them. QB Justin McFadden picked up where he left off last year, throwing for 358 yards and 4 touchdowns. McFadden added 47 yards on the ground. Brandon Reid added 2 touchdowns on the ground and WR Tony Huff, a dominating physical specimen (6'5 230) that the UVA coaches have been waiting to break out, caught 6 passes for 166 yards and 2 scores. The Cavs travel to Waco to take on coach blLL flo and the Baylor Bears next week.

9. bigrice25

bigrice25 Walk On

#2 Notre Dame 30
    #9 Texas 49

The Texas Longhorns win a shootout against #2 Notre Dame. The game saw Texas explode with HBs J. Brown rushing for 203, A Medlock for 93 and QB C. Moore passing for 372, All sophomores. Coach Rice had this to say about the game "A bunch of young players stepped up today, but for us to compete for the conference, we are going to need our Veterans on Defense to step up and slow the game to our pace, we don't want our young guys out there feeling like they have to put up those kind of numbers in order for us to win"

Player of the game:

Texas HB J. Brown 19 Car, 203 Yds, 3 TD

Play of the Game: 79 Yrd TD run by J. Brown in the 4th to seal the game.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  10. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

[​IMG]

11. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

USC 10
    Baylor 45

The Bears opened up the season with a solid win over the Trojans. QB Tyler Simmons started off the season much better than last year throwing 4 first half TDs, and 5 for the game. The Bears held a modest 21-7 lead near the end of the half when the USC QB threw and INT allowing the Bears to try a hail mary. It was a success and gave the team all the momentum going into the locker room. The teams traded FGs in the 3rd before Baylor put this one away with two 4th quarter TDs. FR(RS) HB Skip White had a nice debut running for over 100 yards and a TD on 8 carries, most coming in the 4th quarter. Bad news out of this one was the injury to starting CB Adam Brown. He strained his achillies on an INT return and will miss the Virginia game next week.

QB Simmons 13/16 259 yards, 5 TDs, 11 att, 39 rush yards
    HB White 8 att, 103 yards, TD
    WR Cook 3 rec, 85 yards, TD
    TE Haumiller 3 rec, 41 yards, 2 TDs

12. GrimReeferXXIV

GrimReeferXXIV Walk On

How do you guys record and post videos like that?

13. jello1717

The stuff you see from UofCWildcat is from a capture card which is a separate piece of hardware you need to buy.

This:
    is just a highlight saved in game, uploaded to easportsworld, saved from there, and then uploaded to youtube.

14. GrimReeferXXIV

GrimReeferXXIV Walk On

To easport.com right? Ive only seen screenshots there didnt know it was that easy for replays lol.

15. jello1717

Yep. There's photos and videos (assuming you upload them of course).

16. GrimReeferXXIV

GrimReeferXXIV Walk On

14 39213_s_634550732831984503.jpg VS 2012-bc-r.png 31
    Previously 15th ranked penn state was tough and came out getting interceptions on 2 consecutive Boston College drives.​
    The Nittany Lions were about to go up 21-7 right before the half after driving down the field on multiple trick plays (BS) such​
    as a 40 yard fake punt pass on 4th and 17. The Eagles defense played great as a whole and the secondary played immaculate​
    football. The DB's continued to jump routes and combined with the pressure up front it was too much for Penn St. Boston​
    intercepted the go ahead touch down in the endzone right before the end of the half to into halftime down 7-14. After a riveting​
    speech (ass chewing) in the locker room by Coach Kane, Boston came out firing on all cylinders and didnt allow the Nittany Lions​
    into field goal range for the rest of the game. The defense got interception after interception and gave the offense the ball on​
    Penn State's 30 yard line about 4 times. The offense did not disapoint and scored at will on pretty much every opportunity​
    burying Penn St.​

17. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

#5 BYU vs #16 Alabama
    (Give it a few hours to upload)

18. Masler

Masler Moderator

My profile is all messed up or I would be adding them to my recaps. I can't access my media hub, just a white background with random text.

19. jello1717

Mine is the same.

20. Masler

Masler Moderator

I contacted EA and they said they are unsure how to fix it and can't do anything for me :/

21. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

That's so uncharacteristic of them...

• Like Like x 1
  22. Masler

Masler Moderator

#17 Kansas St - 49

Boise St - 6

Boise played hard for the first 1 3/4 quarters until the Wildcat offense finally started gaining some ground. The Broncos had a chance to go into halftime down by 1 point but allowed Vandermeulen to snag a 53 yard catch with 18 seconds on the clock. That was all it took to give KSU all the momentum as we routed them the remainder of the game. The defense played very well, especially safety Alexander who recorded numerous tackles and a pick.

The Wildcats will host Georgia Tech next week. We'll see how the CPU at all A+ plays.

Stats

K. Reed - 8/17, 170 yards, 3 TD
    N. Smith - 3/4, 106 yards, 1 TD, 2 Att, 28 yards
    M. Fuqua - 26 Att, 109 yards, 1 TD, 4.1 ypc
    K. Wilson - 7 Att, 39 yards, 5.5 ypc, 1 TD
    D. Thornton - 4 Rec, 111 yards, 1 TD
    D. Hunter - 4 Rec, 100 yards, 1 TD
    A. Vandermeulen - 1 Rec, 3 PR, 3 KR, 215 All-Purpose Yards, 2 TD
    P. Alexander - 10 Tackles, 1 INT
    B. Concepcion - 5 Tackles, 4 TFL, 1 FF
    L. Robertson - 2 Tackles, 1 TFL, 1 Sack, 1 FR

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  23. bigrice25

bigrice25 Walk On

#7 Texas 37
    MSU 10

#7 Texas went to Michigan state and won their second consecutive game 37-10. This game was won in different fashion as the defense lead the way as the offense struggled early. MSU lead 10-0 after the first only to see Texas score the next 37. The defense was lead by LB W. Jones who racked up 5Tkls, 4TFL, 2.5 Sacks, 1 FF and a Safety.
    Coach Rice had this to say about the game "I was proud of our defense, this is the kind of game we are going to have to play in order to be successful this season. Our LBs were all over the place and really creating havoc."

Players of the game:
    Texas LB W. Jones 5Tkls, 4TFL, 2.5 Sacks, 1 FF and a Safety
    MSU WR. G. Williams 2 Rec, 86yds, TD

Play of the game: pass from T. Ham to T. Bryant for 38yrd TD

24. jello1717

[​IMG]49
    [​IMG]0

Coaches and sportscasters talk all the time about how games aren't played on paper. Well, to be perfectly honest, this one was decided on paper well before it ever took place on the field. Boston College is in a massive rebuilding phase while SMU is one of the elite teams in the country and these two teams really didn't belong on the same field. BC's defense had no answer for SMU's speed and BC's O-line was grossly outmatched which let the SMU D have their way. The Eagles could only muster 147 yards on the day and only made it into the SMU redzone once. SMU used big plays on offense all day including a 65 yard TD run by HB Darryl Estes on the 2nd play of the game, an 82 yard TD pass from Ryan Smith to Estes, an 85 yard PR for a TD by FR Everett Stewart and an 80 yard TD run by FB Danny Manson. This last one summed up BC's day in a nutshell. Coach Jello had called off the dogs and was trying to run the clock out with 3:37 left. SMU came out in a heavy I-form with Manson dotting the I. They ran a dive up the middle and Manson spun his wheels for a couple seconds, broke a tackle, spun his wheels again, and then broke free. The FB then outran the entire Eagle defense for the 80 yard TD.

GG GrimReeferXXIV. Our teams aren't even close to even and it really showed on the field. GL in the ACC.

Game Balls:
    SMU:
    QB Ryan Smith - 284.0, 4/5 (80%), 106 yds, TD, INT - 4 car, 49 yds (12.2 YPC)
    HB#1 Darryl Estes - 2 car, 71 yds (35.5 YPC), TD - 2 rec, 83 yds, TD
    HB#3 Brandon McCormick - 9 car, 36 yds (4.0 YPC), 2 TD
    RE Greg Wilson - 3 tkls, 2 TFL, 2 sks, FF
    MLB Danny George - 6 tkls, TFL, INT
    CB Everett Stewart - 4 tkls, TFL, defl - 1 PR, 85 yds, TD - 1 car, 15 yds (15 YPC)

BC:
    MLB Wesley Davis - 5 tkls, 2 TFL, 2 sks

BC.JPG

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  25. GrimReeferXXIV

GrimReeferXXIV Walk On

I'm still licking my wounds. I thought it might have just been a bad dream until I read the summary lol