Discussion in 'Game Scheduling' started by JCspartan2, Mar 12, 2012.
Now in Week 13
jello1717 vs UofCWildcat
Hey jello1717, i fell asleep and work up a bit ago. I'm juiced and can't get back to sleep. Wanna play now?
Sure. Gimme 15 minutes.
I'm done. This is horse shit. I honestly gave up after Jello ran two WRs and then two flat route throws in a row even though i ran cover 2 and pressed my coverage. There is nothing i can do to stop that and it's bull shit. That was your only passing game and i was shutting down your run minus that TD run early where i mixed up my audibles and had no safety back. I had so much momentum all game and then in one drive that happened and i was done. Also the Audible your inner WR to run a slant route to the sideline is a bullshit route as well. How are you gonna tell me that's legit? I run man and my dude sits with his dick up his ass and can't keep up. I run cover 2 and your dude is wide open because my guy is up 2 yards past the line of scrimmage. How is that fair jello? Please do tell me?
1. My QB completed 17 passes. Not even half of those were those routes you're talking about.
2. I called 3 WR screens (I'm assuming that's what you meant by "two WRs") all game and I don't think I broke any for more than 5-8 yards. Why are you complaining about plays that averaged less than the rest of my passes?
3. It's not my fault that you never bother to cover a certain part of the field. If you leave deep open, I'm gonna go deep. If you leave the middle open, I'm going middle. If you leave the flats open, I'm going to the flats. @dakota said after our last game that he knows that I throw to that part of the field and that he covers it (which is why I had a pick 6 against him).
4. The inner receiver to run a slant route is already part of a play (strong flood and quick slants as well as a couple others). I just mention that because it sounds like you're saying I hot route the guy to it, and even if I did, what's wrong with that? Are you saying we're not allowed to hot route guys?
5. What's wrong with a slant to the sidelines? Yes I'm telling you that is legit. Are you telling me that I can never call strong flood or quick slants? If you're playing a zone, why wouldn't I flood the zone? That's like saying that if you're playing man with only 4 guys in the box that I'm not allowed to run the ball up the middle.
6. My HB#3 averaged 4.7 YPC. My HB#1 averaged 7.3 YPC not including that 1 40 yarder you're talking about. If that's your idea of "shutting down my run" then I'd like to know what I'd have to do to not be shut down. Your HB's 2.7 YPC sound much closer to shutting down the run to me.
7. You rarely had any momentum. I had a FR QB and only about 4 times the entire game did I have "?"s for my receivers. I'm not sure how you could think you had momentum when you never scored a TD and never once forced me to punt the ball.
8. If your players can't keep up with mine, then maybe you should recruit faster players.
This is all I'm gonna say about this publicly. This is 2 years in a row that you've called me out (going so far as to call me a cheater last year saying that I had aggressive pass defense on, which I proved that I didn't). At least this year I'm only a cheeser instead of a cheater. If you have issues with my gameplay, take it up in PMs with JCspartan2.
2) It was 5. I counted with my buddies. After 3 i told them to keep count too.
3) My problem is not with you throwing to what will be open. My problem is the fact this game is BROKEN and a cover two which is made to cover short doesn't.
4) No no no no. It is not. There is a difference between a Flood route where it's a Flat route and you Audibling your slot to make an Outward-Slant which is run A LOT.
5) I ran everything vs it. I ran man, i ran cover two, i even ran the cover 3 with curl routes hoping it would cover it but no. It was wide open because even those curl routes jumped to where a flat route should be. Un-real-istic.
6) I wasn't giving up big plays early. Like i said, i gave up after that drive (that was the last drive of the second quarter)
7) You're telling me that having a big hit fumble and getting a 9-7 lead before you had your "gay as fuck" i'll call it drive was no momentum after every year i was down by 2+ scores? You're hilarious man...
8) It's not a speed thing! It's a broken route. I've never seen someone run the slant outwards in real life. So why should it be done here? No team runs the same WR middle screen 6 times in a game (5 of which were in the first half, 2 or which were on ONE FUCKING DRIVE JELLO!). The fact you come out and have a set of audibles that you sit, read the defense, and change your play based on my defense also is pretty dumb. It's now to the point where next year i have to set audibles so that i have to audible on top of your audibles. Then we get in an audible war. Is that realistic? No. You of ALL PEOPLE who bitch and moan about realism had probably one of the most unrealistic game plans against me. I'd rather run a myriad of plays and have 300 yards rushing then have your gay as hell offense where you run the WR middle screen and outward slants until i am in a 3-3-5 nickle, then you audible to a HB Dive once you've spread me out. That is a load of horse shit and i would rather change divisions and lose my favorite team then have to play that bullshit again.
You don't have to respond but that is how i feel. I want everyone to know what i deal with and what the hell is going on in Arizona. I didn't call you out i asked. This time I"M CALLING YOU OUT.
This has me very puzzled. I absolutely admit that I audible based on the defense and I assumed that's what everyone does. If I call a pass and the box is empty, why wouldn't I audible to a run? If I can a run and the box is full, why wouldn't I audible to pass? I don't understand how you can say that's not realistic. That's what every spread team that I've seen does. They call 2 plays. They line up with the no huddle and read the defense. Then the team looks to the sideline and the coach tells them to either run the called play or they switch to the other play. This is what I do and I can't believe you're saying this is wrong.
And my set of audibles are the formation audibles so I have 4 different choices for every formation.
But you forget one aspect of your "scheme". You running the no huddle has a major down side. Because what prevents you from running a 4 wide set and running that out route making me be in a nickle 335 , then come around, hurry up and run the dive (which you did a handful of times). That is horribly dumb. I can't do anything. I'm stuck. And you're not doing what you specify. You have a set 5-6 plays on your hurry up set. That is my problem with the hurry up. It's not translated well in NCAA as it is in real life. You run it the most realistic (up till now at least) but i hate when people run it for this very reason. Tell me what to do when you do the 4 wide and i'm in my nickle 3-3-5 and you run the flat/slant outwards and then go to a dive play after? I can't switch to my 3-3-5 Stack because my players all get messed up. Tell me how this is fair man.
Which was it? 5 or 6? I'll give you the answer. It was neither. Unlike you, I have proof. Here's the passes I threw in the game that had highlights available.
I was able to show 9 of my 17 completed passes. Of those, there was 1 WR mid screen and 1 slant to the sidelines. 7 of them were other things. The rest of the plays were not "highlight worthy" because they were for only few yards. As for the "you threw 5 or 6 WR mid screens that I know about because my buddies and I counted" my #1 and #2 WRs are Harwell and Rucker. Those are the only 2 that would catch a WR mid screen because they're only ever my outside WRs. They combined for 6 catches in the game. In the video above you can see them catching 4 passes. 1 is a mid screen and the other 3 are not. 6-3=3 which means that if all of their other catches were mid screens (which I don't think they were) then the most I could've possibly thrown was 3. Not 6. Not 5. Harwell and Ruckers catches that were not highlightable were for 4 yards (Harwell), 10 yards (Rucker), and 4 yards (Rucker). Those can all be verified in the video above. If indeed those were all mid screens (and again, I don't think they were), why are you complaining about 6 YPC on passing plays?
I'm in the same personnel grouping (4 wide in this example) so why wouldn't you be in the same personnel? Are you saying that if I call 4 wide on 1 play and then huddle and come out in 4 wide again you're gonna come out in a different personnel package?
I'm upset because i know it was 5 (sorry i typed 6) but yes you did. I even said to my buddy word for word (i even called him to make sure) that you ran one and i was on top of it, then you ran it again on the first drive, then again on the next drive, then for the TD. There was one more that my RE Kellen Hardy batted down because i contained him. My GRIPE is your play call. I'm not made because of your yardage gained, i'm upset because of your play call. You not mixing it up. You CANNOT say that is a realistic ideal that you run that 5 times again. I recall you getting upset at me running 3-4 screens a game when i had Garic Wharton.
No. You run a 4 Wide Receiver set. You run your gay out route/slant out. Then you would come to the line hurried up, audible to a dive play while i'm in the 335 Nickle and i can't do anything.
Are you saying that if I run a 4 wide slant out and then huddle and come out in a 4 wide that you're gonna call a base set instead? If so, then I'm passing the ball and with my 4 wide speed, it's a completion for me against your base D. If you come out in a nickle (which you should since I'm still in 4 wide, then how is that different from me no huddling to it?
I'm done talking to a damn brick wall man. It's not even worth it anymore. I'll just keep losing while you abuse the shit out of my defense no matter what i do. It isn't gonna change and this release is almost over. I'm done caring.
I disagree with you saying that I'm not mixing it up. In the video there's highlights of 7 plays that are not the ones you're complaining about. In addition to those I completed 3 passes to my HBs, and 1 to my FB. I completed 17 passes to 8 different guys! That's mixing it up pretty well.
Well before you leave, could you at least answer that question. I honestly want to know if you're saying that you would call a base defense against my 4 wide set.
UofCWildcat. Take a chill pill, this is exactly how I felt following our game. Breathe and let it go, just a damn game.
I tried everything man. I ran my base against your 4 WR set just to try something different. Those routes COULD NOT BE COVERED.
It is a game, but being cheated (or feeling you were) is not a good feeling. I can take a loss (i just lost to CA and i graciously took that), but this just felt dirty.
This exactly. If you got numbers in the box, run it. If you dont, pass it.
In your defense, who covers a slot receiver? Typically a lb or ss? You cant expect those guys to cover speedy guys like ASU has.
This. If you are running a 3-3-5 and he comes out in 4 wide, then you are going to have either a safety or a linebacker on one of his slot WRs. I would take advantage of that every time. I don't think anyone on here has had an issue with jello1717 and his gameplay in his long tenure at TSO. I don't think any of the things you mentioned above are even close to "cheese', and all of them are very stoppable, otherwise he would never lose. Maybe it's your talent on defense? I know it's easy to look past that trust me, but a lot of times it comes down to talent and being conservative on defense. I know I noticed a huge difference with my team when my defensive secondary was all rated in the 90s, and those out-routes and slants are the main reason I make recruiting fast linebackers with good coverage skills a priority, dakota7 abused me with those in many of our games but I finally got the best of him by picking off two out-routes for touchdowns.
As much as he frustrates me as well, most of the stuff he does is legit, it's just a play style that no one else runs like he does. Plus the damn speed alone is enough to drive you crazy and the fact that he WILL remind of you it lol, no offense jello1717. I can almost guarantee he will stomp me in the Pac-12 CCG due to the fact I have a very young defense in some key positions that just won't be able to keep up.
Alright man. I see... I just need to learn a better defense against that i guess...
If I was you I'd be more pissed off about the # of sacks you took from a 3 man rush.....those highlights would of made me blow a gasket. ASU's DT routinely went through a C/G and a HB LOL. Man I can't wait for `13!
Separate names with a comma.