The E Season 9: Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by blLL flo, Mar 26, 2012.

1. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Post 'em here.

2. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Oklahoma 3
    Georgia 59

The Bulldogs dominate the Sooners on offense, defense, and special teams as they win their 40th in a row Between the Hedges. The defense scored the first points of the year with a safety in the 1st. UGA would record another safety in the 2nd when the blocked a punt and it rolled through the end zone. Senior QB Casey Gutierrez threw 3 first half TDs and then found WR Tim Motley in the 2nd half for another. HB Bradley Moss ran well in his first start and even back-up Chris Lewis looked good in the 2nd half.

With 4 TDs in the opener, CG now has 100 for his career and has a shot at the NCAA career record of 134. Next up a big game vs the Spartans of MSU.

QB Gutierrez 22/36, 296 yards, 4 TDs
    HB Moss 21 att, 121 yards, 2 TDs
    WR Motley 7 rec, 113 yards, 3 TDs

3. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Pittsburgh 17
    Arizona: 48

Arizona came into this game a little cocky and it definitely showed. Arizona laid a goose egg in the first quarter almost doing nothing on offense after Derrick Adkins fumbled on the first drive inside the red zone. The Arizona defense kept the Panthers offense in check though to the tune of a 0-0 game after the first. In the second, the Wildcats got the ball rolling with some decent runs and a few catches by Money Mike Thomas but only managed a field goal. After a strip sack by Jeff Gross that a Panthers lineman fell on on third down, Arizona forced a punt and got another good drive, this time resulting in a touchdown run by Sean Bullock on a toss. But Arizona would falter giving up a big touchdown run on a Wildcat run and then would throw an interception their next drive which resulted in a Panthers field goal with :07 left. Momentum was clearly with Pittsburgh but Joesph Williams bailed out the Wildcats with a kick return touchdown before the break.

In the second half, Pittsburgh took their opening drive for a touchdown which was very deflating. But Arizona put together a LONG drive which got them a Pat Reyes touchdown. Then Arizona's Jeff Gross would get ANOTHER strip sack, this time having Matt Brown recover it. Arizona would capitalize on the next play with a beautiful triple option that Pat Reyes took for six. The fourth was all Wildcats as the scored another 17 points to put out the Panthers upset hopes.

Arizona gets to travels to Knoxville and battle coaching rival Darkwing.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I just saw this from controllerabuser 's game against ND.

[​IMG]

The QB (Woods) has 71-69 SPD/ACC/AGI. His longest rush was only 17 yards so it's not like he broke off a 70 yarder and then a bunch of 1 yarders. In '13, I REALLY wish that EA could get dual threat CPU QBs to actually be a dual threat.

5. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Too bad this game is flawed. I really wish they'd fix it. I can understand someone running but those were all 1-2 second after he dropped back. It was ridiculous. Rivalry games are so shitty sometimes. For being pretty slow, the guy moved like he was between 85-90 speed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

The computer feeds off turnovers i've come to find out. The more you have, the more they get better (thus why the computer played me close for the first half). Rivalry games only glorify it because the Rivalry games are just a giant pile of shit. I do hate how the computer loves to scramble and the defenders do NOTHING. I've had guys just stand right in front of the QB and let him run by. They need to fix that. And let me guess, they ran hurry up correct? That just makes it a million times worse.

7. controllerabuser

[​IMG][​IMG]

A wacky turnover filled game as rivals Notre Dame and USC battled it out with Notre Dame coming out on top 43-31. Leading rusher Sean McMahan would be injured for the game and true freshman John Bailey was called up. He answered with 24 runs for 131 yards and 2 touchdowns. That wouldn't be enough as 2nd year starter QB Frank Wall threw 3 interceptions with a couple of them coming in ND's red zone. Notre Dame's slow ass QB somehow carved us on the ground and had a great day tossing the ball with 360 yards passing and 4 TDs. USC WR Ryan White would return a kick off for a TD that seemed to spark the Trojans but ND just always had an answer when we had them cornered.

8. controllerabuser

Yes, it's been happening for years. It has nothing to do with ratings or any of that shit. On heisman, hurry up somehow makes the CPU superman. Oh well, I can take a loss but it is frustrating to see those types of things. Especially when you get them to 3rd and long so many times and they find a way to get the 1st down after you've covered every option(or so you thought).

The QB running is very irritating since like you said, the defenders do nothing most of the time.

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

#25 Stanford - 45

Texas Tech - 24

The Red Raiders started this game off with 2 consecutive INT's that gave Stanford an early 10-0 lead. But they would buckle down by tying the game at 10 a piece before Morris found Goodwin wide open for a 78 yard grab and score. The Cardinal would bust open the remainder of the second quarter by scoring another TD, going up 24-10 at halftime. Immediately after the half Morris would hit Stewart on a screen and the SR HB would go all the way for the touchdown. Texas Tech would continue to struggle as they would throw their third pick of the day, followed by Morris marching Stanford right down the field and connecting with FR TE Osborn for his 5th TD pass of the day. Following this TD, Coach Masler pulled all 1st stringers (offense and defense). Doing so allowed Texas Tech to gain a little ground but still they could not contain the Cardinal as HB Will Howard would bust off a 40 yard TD run to put this game to rest. I tried to get the youngster QB a few passes but he was a little inconsistent but still finished 5/9 for 42 yards. Our defense in this game was mainly covering the pass in Texas Techs Air Raid so my LB did not really get to show me what they can do vs the run with the only rushes from TTU coming very sparingly.

Stanford looks revitalized in the opening week. Up next is a BYE Week followed by a rematch vs Florida State, this time we will NOT accept a loss.

Stats

C. Morris - 15/22, 271 yards, 5 TD, 1 INT
    M. Stewart - 20 Att, 124 yards, 1 Rec, 50 yards, 1 TD
    W. Howard - 8 Att, 85 yards, 1 TD
    C. Goodwin - 2 Rec, 85 yards, 1 TD
    Z. Osborn - 4 Rec, 41 yards, 1 TD
    J. Davis - 2 INT

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

I absolutely hate playing ND, I don't care if they are a rival or not. And it's not like one can't beat them, it's just the amount of cheese they express.

11. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I have not had a tough time with ND as long as the TO are kept low and they are force to drive the long field. They get tired an if you can get a lead they seem to get sloppy and overly aggressive.

12. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I feel your pain. I love how an unathletic CPU QB (or even RB) can juke and cut through holes while my more athletic LB's do noting. It's like the CPU ball carrier movies two refresh screens while the user players move one. Terrible!

I wish we could have a game where the CPU could be competitive in a legitimate manner.

13. jello1717

Damn! I just realized something. Moving USC to the Pac12-N screwed with the conference scheduling so I'm traveling to play UofCWildcat for the 2nd year in a row. :(

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

We play in season for once! :eek:

15. jello1717

ASU 52
    GT 7

ASU started off defensively on the right foot against GT. Being forced to punt on ASU's first possession, punter Justin Boyd kicked it out of bounds at the 3 yard line. On the next play GT tried to run a load option (which I don't understand since they now run Oregon State's pro style pb), the QB made a bad pitch and new starting OLB Brad Pierre recovered it for a TD (highlight on wire). In the 2nd quarter, true FR power HB Barry Joseph, getting the first carry of his career, bounced off a defender at the LOS and then rumbled 86 yards for a near TD (highlight on wire). In addition to that, ASU was pretty much able to do whatever they wanted on both sides of the ball.

The 1 downside in the game is that QB Ken Hall only completed 3 of his first 6 passes thanx to 3 drops (IE. every pass hit his receivers in the hands, but they let him down). ASU ended the day with 4 drops on only 14 passes. This problem will need to be remedied very soon.

Game Balls:
    HB Brandon Richardson - 10 car, 102 yds, 10.2 YPC, 2 TD
    HB Barry Joseph - 5 car, 100 yds, 2 TD
    WR Kenny Rucker - 1 car, 66 yds - 1 rec, 46 yds
    FS Bill Williams - 8 tkls (5 solo), TFL
    OLB Brad Pierre - 4 tkls, FR, TD
    P Justin Boyd - 2 punts, both 50+ yards, both downed inside the 5 yard line.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  16. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Will it matter? No.

17. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    C'mon little buddy keep the faith. You can do it!

18. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

[​IMG] 24
    [​IMG] 28

The Razorbacks gave UW all they could handle to open the season. HB Lamar Perry finished the day with 132 yards on the ground and 2 touchdowns, including the go ahead score with 1:30 left. FS CJ Gordon made a huge play, picking off a pass from Arkansas QB Nick Collins and returning it inside the 5. Two plays later the Badgers had earned their first win. The game was a story of missed opportunities for the Badgers, who missed two long field goals and had a horrible "EA impossible" interception. (somehow I threw a 7 yard slant that my receiver never evened turned his head for...worse yet, the ball went past my WR at about his waist line yet continued at that same height 10 more yards where the Ark FS picked it off....I took High School physics, but the EA game designers must not have).

Next up is a trip west to ASU.

19. GoGators

The #18 Wildcats opened with #10 Fresno State coming to town. Coming into this one Fresno St WR T. Harrison was hyped in all the preseason magazines, but apparently nobody in Evanston bothered to read them. Harrison didn't wait to get started on the opening drive he caught a go route for a 50+ yard TD after shaking off NU's new starting CB Smith. Things didn't get any better for Smith as Harrison would abuse him all game long.

Thankfully NU's offense was up to the task and was able to keep pace with the Bulldogs offense. Things were clicking in the air and on the ground as both offenses racked up 500+ yards in this one. Both teams matched scores until halftime. To open the second half NU put up a FG to take a 6 point lead. FS would try to respond, but thanks to some half time adjustments and effectively double covering Harrison in the second half the Wildcats were able to finally slow down the Bulldog offense and put this thing in the books.

#10 Fresno 35
    #18 NU 48

Gameball - NU HB H. Smith 13 car 161 yds 3 TDs

Notables:
    FS
    QB S. Thomas 19/29 434 yds 5 TDs
    HB J. Cook 20 car 70 yds
    WR T. Harrison 6 rec 227 yds TD

NU
    QB R. Jones 15/21 266 yds 2 TDs
    HB E. Owens 7 car 55 yds, rec 36 yds TD (sick "Emmitt Smith" like highlight on the DW of a spin move making two defenders run into each other on the TD catch)
    HB C. Samuel 6 car 66 yds TD
    WR T. Reid 4 rec 95 yds TD

20. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

[​IMG] 14
    [​IMG] 37

Knoxville --

After a disappointing 5 loss season, the #14 ranked Vols found themselves in a very comfortable situation. At Rocky Top & labeled as the underdog. This "perfect storm" proved to be deadly to the Wildcats as #8 Arizona came out sloppy and flat. Arizona won the toss and decided to receive. A first possession punt gave way to Joe Powers as he drove the Vols and scored on a 7 yard run. The Wildcats responded with consecutive turnovers. Each of those handed the UT offense a short field and they produced with 2 more TDs. Next the Wildcats managed to hold on to the ball and get a punt off. Their defense finally came to life after a 1st and goal on the 1 for Tennessee. Zona got the goal line stop and forced a FG. With halftime nearing the Vols were up 27-0 and driving into the red zone. Attempting to go after UofC's throat and kill any life he clung to, Powers threw a dumb INT. That led to Arizona finally getting it going and scoring a vital TD right before half. (Before that TD drive I looked at the team stats, UofC you had -3 yards of total O to my 200+ :D)

In the 2nd half, Arizona would score a TD in less than a minute to take the momentum and bring the score to 27-14. Feeling the need to score again before the game got close I forced HB Mike Silva to return the kick that Arizona had kicked away from him like all game. Silva was happy to get his chance, and after a 97 yard TD return I was too. After that play the game was just waiting to end. I MUST give a shutout to my D! DEs Tucker & Battle combined for 12 tackles, 5 sacks, and FF. GoGators Williams was excellent, 3 tackles and 2 INTs

GG UofCWildcat , it was just one of those games that you got a solid uppercut early and really didn't have a fighting chance. You must be glad Biddle was a no-show. Also I must give you props for the great gameplay. Down 20 with plenty of time left in the 3rd quarter, your QB pitched the option right before he hit the ground. The HB had the easy 1st down on that 3rd down play yet your sportsmanship led you to run out of bounds (y). You deserved to make the FG after that...
    It was a pleasure and hopefully our next game goes the same way! ;)

Screen Shot 2012-03-27 at 10.01.17 PM.png

21. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Thanks man. I honestly was BEYOND pissed off at this game. I felt like everything was going WRONG. Derrick played SO bad and Sean fumbled which he NEVER does. Knoxville is tough as hell... And yes i pride myself on being sim. At the end of the day, i want to be known for good sim play, not winning. I saw grass but knew that even though i hit pitch before i got hit that the animation was dumb as fuck so i backed out. Love missing them field goals (y) Fuck this game. Good game by you. I didn't have room in that xbox message but you got one hell of a defense. Made me scared shitless to pass.

• Like Like x 1
  22. jello1717

Damn JCspartan2 and blLL flo! I think that's the most scores in the final 1:09 of a game that I've ever seen! Did you guys both decide to just leave the defenses off the field at the end or what?

23. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

They pulled a ND v. UM ala 2011?

24. jello1717

Yep!

25. GoGators

Darkwing

When I got the email on my phone last night that you won the first thing I thought to myself was Williams had a hell of a game defending the slots and TE against Arizona. Looks like I was right.

• Like Like x 1