The E. Season 9: Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Masler, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

smith.jpg
    Smith scrambles for his first score​
    #10 Kansas St - 49​
    Ole Miss - 14​
    Smith tallies 6 TD's in big day
    The Wildcats have never really utilized a scrambling quarterback before. But with the talent in the starting QB position at last, they are going to take advantage. Smith would not only throw for 3 touchdowns but also ran in three. The final one was by mistake actually, Coach Masler allowed the backup to come in deliver the handoffs but he must have ran out of breath and Smith found himself scoring again. It was also a good day rushing for Kyle Wilson as he passed 100 yards on the day and a score. Star MLB Jack was all over the field with 10 tackles, 3 TFL and 1.5 Sacks. ​
    KSU opens up the season on a high note, we can only hope this is the sign of a good season. Next week we face another road trip in the SEC, this time vs the Gators in The Swamp​
    Stats​
    N. Smith - 16/26, 233 yards, 3 TD, 25 Att, 85 yards, 3 TD​
    K. Wilson - 17 Att, 112 yards, 6.5 ypc, 1 TD, 1 Rec, 25 yards​
    D. Thornton - 5 Rec, 72 yards, 1 TD​
    D. Brown - 4 Rec, 48 yards, 1 TD​
    P. Alexander - 10 Tackles​
    M. Jack - 10 Tackles, 3 TFL, 1.5 Sacks​
    J. Wilson - 3 Tackles, 1 INT​

• Like Like x 1
  3. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Love your pictures you add.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Todd Ramsey

Todd Ramsey Walk On

Clemson (AP) - The Clemson Tigers scored a home upset with a 24-14 victory over the Texas Longhorns. The Tigers were led by JUCO-SO QB Tyree Smith who accumulated 368 yards total offense and a stifling defense that held the Longhorns to 211 yards total offense (195 passing, 16 yards rushing). Coach Brock Landers had this to say, "I told my kids this wasn't an upset. We can play with anyone in the country if we take care of the ball and swarm on defense like we did today."

On the debut of Tyree Smith, "He was outstanding. I couldn't ask for a better performance. He did have the one fumble that we can't have, but I thought it was a terrific performance."

Offensive MVP: SO-QB, Tyree Smith (17-30, 303 yds, 2 TDs, 15 carries-65 yards)
    Defensive MVP: JR-DE, Andrew Williams, 3 TKLS, 2 sacks

Next week the Tigers have a bye.

5. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

[​IMG]
    SMU 45
    Oregon State 0
    Oregon State's offense could only muster 86 yards of total offense (and that's with a 76 yard rush by the FB with a minute left in the game).
    [​IMG]
    Game Balls:
    HB#1 Darryl Estes - 5 car, 67 yds (13.4 YPC), TD
    WR Billy Daniels - 3 rec, 130 yds, TD
    MLB Danny George - 6 tkls, 3 TFL, 3 sks
    OLB Shannon Merrill - 6 tkls, 6 TFL

6. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

Syracuse is in for a LONG YEAR....

After a back and forth game in which neither team could get going, it was 3 huge plays that changed the game. Early in the 4th leading 13 - 10 and with some momentum, Syracuse QB Jayson Britt is sacked from the blind side and knocked out of the game. Enter Nick Wilcox who after 2 plays gets himself knocked out of the game after throwing a perfect 40 yard pass to the streaking wide open Pedro Haynes, only to have it drop from his hands as no defender was within 20 yards of him.

USC responds with just 1 minute left USC QB Clay Pendleton hits Cory Cotton on a 28 yard diving catch on 3rd and 21 and 1 play later USC scores to take the lead and knock Syracuse off in the process.

Syracuse controlled the tempo against the heavily favored Trojans as they started the scoring with a 21 play drive that resulted in 3. That was the theme all game as Syracuse held a 2:1 edge in time of possession. But in the end it wasn't enough. as USC finds a way to win and takes this one.

Syracuse

J. Britt 7 - 12 83 yds 0 TD 1 INT

R Green 13 Car 51 yards 0 TDS

W. Lewis 2 catches 53 yards

T Peterson 9 tackles 1 sack

M Gibson 1 INT 88 yds 1 TD

It was a good game but I blew it at the end. I tried adjusting my coverage and pressed the D-Pad like in Madden and completely moved my safety opening up a long bomb on the long 3rd down play. So mad. I'll be fine though. 7-5 is a realistic goal for year 1. Going to probably take about 3 years to be competitive but I'm up for the challenge.

• Like Like x 1
  7. jello1717

stewart INT.jpg
    CB Everett Stewart with 1 of SMU's 4 picks on the day​
    [​IMG]31
    [​IMG]7

SMU faced off against A+ Florida State at the Doak in what was the first career game for FSU's new coach jay2149. The final score kinda hints at this but let there be no doubt; SMU completely dominated this game from start to finish. In their first game against a terrible Oregon State the Mustangs D dominated in a shutout performance, but SMU lost the turnover battle 0-4. FSU was very obliging today and let SMU erase their turnover deficit thanx to 5 TOs to SMU's 1. The SMU offense did pretty much what they wanted in the first half as they took a 24-7 lead. The 2nd half was very low scoring as SMU would tack on 7 more for the 31-7 victory.

While the SMU O was clicking, the defense was very dominant. They held the Noles to less than 200 yards of total offense, 2 YPC, 42% completion %, 0 trips to the red zone, and those 5 huge turnovers. It would've only been 4, but following an INT with only 1:17 left in the game SMU was set to kneel away the remaining time. However, after 2 kneels FSU called a timeout with 35s left and SMU facing 3rd and 14. This forced SMU to end up punting, but all that accomplished was 1 last INT by FSU 3 plays later.

As I said on XBL (which was not returned) GG jay2149. It's tough to play base D against empty and 4 wide sets and that probably had a lot to do with my QBs completing 85% of their passes. Your team definitely has talent so you should fare well in the ACC. GL the rest of the way.

Game Balls:
    SMU:
    QB Cory Wallace - 178.1, 16/19 (84%), 134 yds, 2 TD, 0 INT - 13 car, 52 yds (4.0 YPC)
    HB#1 Darryl Estes - 5 car, 43 yds (8.6 YPC), TD
    SS Kenard Mack - 7 tkls, 4 defls (If he would've caught half of these dropped picks defls the team's INT total would've been so much nicer)
    CB Cory Jones - 3 tkls, TFL, Sk, INT
    CB Everett Stewart ( UofCWildcat ) - 2 tkls, 2 INT, defl

FSU:
    FS Charles Dougherty - 10 tkls, TFL
    SS Tyler Williams - 6 tkls, TFL, Sk
    LE Gavin Pugh - 6 tkls, 5 TFL, 2 Sks

FSU.JPG

8. jay2149

jay2149 Walk On

Good Game it was very frustrating with all the no huddling i didnt know what to do

9. jello1717

Was I not giving you enough time to call your plays? I'm usually good about that and I saw you switching defenders/showing blitz/etc before I snapped it so you sure looked ready to me.

10. jay2149

jay2149 Walk On

not complaining was just confused

11. jello1717

Good to know! Hopefully we'll play again!

12. bigrice25

bigrice25 Walk On

Bama 17
    Texas 45

Texas bounces back after a tough wk 1 loss to defeat Bama 17-45. Texas was led by QB T. Ham who had a career day passing for 462 yrds and 6 TDs. four different receivers caught TDs including T. Bryant who was put out of the game at the half with a concussion, but still managed to have a career day as he hauled in 5 big receptions for 213 yards and 2 TDs. Coach Rice had to say this about the game "With our work horse Brown being out for two weeks, we really needed our pass attack to step up and Ham took on that challenge, Medlock stepped in at HB and did what he does best which is make plays in open space, We have a tough road ahead of us with Brown being out, but we have guys ready to step in and make plays"

Players of the Game:

Bama HB L. McCarty 17 Car, 128 yrds
    Texas QB T. Ham 21-26 462 yrds 6 TDs 1int

Play of the game

Ham 62yrd TD pass to HB A. Medlock.

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

ashley.jpg
    LE Ashley with one of his three sacks, this one included a FF. ​
    #8 Kansas St - 33​
    #22 Florida - 12​
    Swamp Silenced
    It took quite a while for the Kansas St offense to get going, three quarters to be exact. The first three quarters of the game were dominated by our defense and special teams. The defense made a huge play in the first quarter that resulted in the game being 10-0 while Humphrey finally seemed to learn how to kick an accurate field goal, making one from 51 yards (no doubt his career long). Outside of that our offense struggled big time, receivers dropped wide open passes and the run game was shut down the entire day, even the fourth. But a touchdown from the Gators seemed to unleash something in Nathan Smith as he would throw two TD's in less than 30 seconds. This was possible due to Concepcion intercepting the Florida QB, Smith tossing a TD that went 66 yards to the house, LE Ashley forcing the fumble and finally Smith tossing a 16 yard TD to TE Hunter. So in the end the defense was still the true hero of this game (we did only lead by 7 at one point in the fourth). Ashley would win POTG honors. ​
    Kansas State quiets a rowdy stadium and faces Clemson in Week 3. ​
    Stats​
    N. Smith - 10/19, 246 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT, 14 Att, 26 yards​
    K. Wilson - 16 Att, 47 yards​
    D. Hunter - 3 Rec, 41 yards, 1 TD​
    D. Brown - 3 Rec, 120 yards, 1 TD​
    M. Jack - 10 Tackles, 5 TFL, 2 Sacks, 1 Deflection​
    A. Ward - 4 Tackles, 1 INT-TD​
    K. Ashley - 4 Tackles, 4 TFL, 3 Sacks, 1 FF, 1 FR​

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

I know more than me have played. GET YOUR SUMMARIES DONE

• Like Like x 1
  15. Todd Ramsey

Todd Ramsey Walk On

16. jello1717

I can't wait to hear how blLL flo lost to a CPU team! 11 sacks allowed, 0 rushing yards, 230 rushing yards allowed. Wow! Sounds like bamagrad 's squad didn't fuck around!

17. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Baylor 18
    Georgia Tech 26

The cpu coached Yellow Jackets came to play today esecially on defense. HB Freddie Smith would have no room to run and FR(RS) QB Nick Pruitt was lost, injured, and replaced post-game for the more experienced SO(RS) QB Nate Cox. On offense GT ran the no huddle fleXbox One and kept with it scoring enough points to get the win as their 4-2-5 defense confused and pressured Baylor all day. When Cox finally entered the game in the 3rd, he brought the Bears back within one score, but they could not recover the onside kick and GT took a knee for the win.

18. jello1717

Wow! I had no idea they ran the fleXbox One. My oh my what a difference talent and the right type of QB makes for the CPU fleXbox One. Oregon State ran it against me and it was the most horrible offensive performance that I've ever seen in any game on any version of NCAA.

Of course, not only did they have no talent (C/C/C) but they had absolutely no business running the fleXbox One with their personnel (58 SPD QB, 2 HBs and 2 WRs in the HB depth chart, 65 OVR FB, 79,77,77,69,66 O-line).

19. jello1717

[​IMG]31
    [​IMG]15
    Maryland brought a high flying offense into Dallas to face SMU's #1 ranked defense (and 4th ranked rushing defense). My mama always taught me that good defense usually beats good offense and this was certainly the case tonight. In his last game against BYU, the athletic Maryland QB rushed for 226 yards and 2 TD. The SMU defense let him know from the first snap (when they tackled him for a loss on an option keeper) that they would have none of that nonsense. SMU's key for the game was to stop Maryland's option attack after they put up the kind of numbers against BYU that you'd expect to see against a CPU opponent. As a team they were held to 25 yards on 20 carries. As an individual Williamson was held to -5 yards on 12 carries (4 sacks) with a fumble. Outside of the sacks he ran the ball 8 times, only reaching the LOS 4 times and only gaining more than 1 yard twice (4 and 14). The 14 yarder was a scramble though and should've been stopped for a loss but the user controller MLB got shook out of his jock strap.

After only allowing 1 yard on the first drive, SMU got the ball with nice field position and they only needed 4 plays (including 2 20+ yard carries by QB Cory Wallace) to go up 7-0. The SMU D forced another punt and this time the SMU offense possessed the ball for 10 plays before capping the 80 yard drive off with another TD. The 2 teams both punted before Maryland was finally able to put together a drive and score a TD with only 13s left in the half. Not content with a 7 point lead, SMU's coach Jello called a Hail Mary which was completed down to the Maryland 31 yard line. A 48 yard FG later and SMU took a 17-7 lead into the locker room.

The 3rd quarter was pretty uneventful with a few punts and a Maryland TD drive and 2 pt conversion which cut the lead to 17-15. Since SMU never gets flustered they went out and scored a TD on the very next drive on only 6 plays. The highlight of this drive was a 3rd and inches which was turned into a 46 yard rush by FB Danny Manson on a dive where he burst through the heart of the Maryland D and then outraced some defenders before finally getting chased down. The SMU D took it from there in the 4th quarter as they forced a 3 and out and then a turnover on downs with a 4 and out (which netted a total of -10 yards on the drive). With the short field SMU milked the clock as much as possible before scoring their final TD of the game. Maryland's next drive ended on the first play with an INT and then the fat lady started belting out her tune. All totaled Maryland was held to negative yards on their 3 4th quarter possessions as the SMU D refused to buckle.

As a whole, the SMU D played phenomenal as they once again held the opposition under 200 yards of offense as they've done in every game so far this year. Offensively SMU just did what they do. They rushed for 221 yds and 2 TDs on 35 carries (6.3 YPC). They had 8 different guys carry the rock, including 6 with double digit yards. Of those 6, all but 1 rushed for at least 5 YPC. They also racked up 9 BTKs as well. GG Hokie Effect. When my team plays as well as they should we're pretty tough to beat.

Game Balls:
    SMU:
    QB Cory Wallace - 222.6, 11/13 (84%), 135 yds, 2 TD, 0 INT - 10 car, 65 yds (6.5 YPC), TD
    WR Anthony Washington - 4 rec, 76 yds, 2 TD
    LT Jared Merriman 4 pancakes, 0 sacks allowed (4 pancakes is exceptionally high for a USER game with default sliders and the most I've ever gotten in a USER game)

Maryland:
    WR Jake Blanchard - 8 rec, 147 yds, TD
    SS Nick Cooper - 10 tkls
    FS David White - 8 tkls, TFL, FF (but on the flip side, you know your D is in trouble if your 2 safeties lead your team in tackles)
    LOLB Josh Fletcher - 3 tkls, TFL, FF, FR

maryland.JPG

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  20. jello1717

SMU rush2.JPG mary rush.JPG mary2.JPG

Do you still feel that way?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  21. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

22. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

23. jello1717

Zing comin' atcha UofCWildcat!

24. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

:eek:

25. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Actually no. I think I'm close to a winning record vs Bill. No fear. Throw this on the bulletin board Dan Huff!