The E. Season 9: Week 11

Discussion in 'Game Scheduling' started by jello1717, Apr 9, 2012.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

User games:
    edge7771 @ gowazzucougs

Welcome to Week 11!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Auburn Tigers (5-3) ===============
    Last week, Auburn won 27-20 against LSU (4-5).
    This week, the Tigers will host #5 Ole Miss (7-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Auburn targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Daniel Byers has committed to Auburn

=============== #1 Michigan State Spartans (9-0) ===============
    Last week, Michigan State won 62-0 against Illinois (4-4).
    This week, the Spartans travel to Bloomington to face the Indiana Hoosiers (3-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) FB Josh Harvey has committed to Michigan State

=============== #7 Arizona Wildcats (6-2) ===============
    Last week, Arizona won 51-7 against Utah (4-5).
    This week, the Wildcats will host UCLA (1-7).
    In recruiting news, the following Arizona targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) QB Robert Thompson has committed to Arizona
    - (***) FS Courtney Williams has committed to Arizona
    - (*****) HB Ryan Malone has committed to Arizona

=============== #2 Wisconsin Badgers (8-0) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 34-31 against Ohio State (5-3).
    This week, the Badgers travel to West Lafayette to face the Purdue Boilermakers (3-6).

=============== #15 Northwestern Wildcats (7-2) ===============
    Last week the Wildcats were idle.
    This week, the Wildcats travel to Columbus to face the Ohio State Buckeyes (5-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Northwestern targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Ben Hartman has committed to Northwestern

=============== Stanford Cardinal (4-4) ===============
    Last week, Stanford lost 24-17 against USC (6-3).
    This week, the Cardinal travel to Corvallis to face the Oregon State Beavers (4-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Stanford targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LT Cory Holt has committed to Stanford

=============== #5 Ole Miss Rebels (7-1) ===============
    Last week, Ole Miss won 63-3 against Vanderbilt (1-7).
    This week, the Rebels travel to Auburn to face the Auburn Tigers (5-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Ole Miss targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Darrell Love has committed to Texas
    - (***) TE Dwayne Washington has committed to Ole Miss

=============== #4 Georgia Bulldogs (7-1) ===============
    Last week, Georgia won 41-20 against Florida (3-5).
    This week, the Bulldogs will host Kentucky (5-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Daniel Byers has committed to Auburn

=============== #11 Michigan Wolverines (6-2) ===============
    Last week the Wolverines were idle.
    This week, the Wolverines travel to Iowa City to face the Iowa Hawkeyes (4-5).

=============== #8 Arizona State Sun Devils (6-2) ===============
    Last week, Arizona State won 69-27 against Oregon (4-4).
    This week, the Sun Devils will host Utah (4-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Arizona State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) P Thomas Brock has committed to Arizona State

=============== #6 Tennessee Volunteers (7-1) ===============
    Last week, Tennessee won 35-17 against South Carolina (6-2).
    This week, the Volunteers travel to Starkville to face the #20 Mississippi State Bulldogs (6-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Tennessee targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) P Ronnie Jackson has committed to Tennessee

=============== #16 USC Trojans (6-3) ===============
    Last week, USC won 24-17 against Stanford (4-4).
    This week, the Trojans will host Washington (2-6).

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  2. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

3. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Is it me or do you guys feel like you get shafted a lot with the spot of the ball? I felt if it was ever close, UCLA got the first and if i was close, i didn't get it. I went for SIX 4th and 1 or shorter and only got two (got a Hail Mary at the end of the half on fourth so that shows my 3-7 on 4th). It was pretty salty and i am sure (looked at replays) that i at least got 4...

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

Why are you going for Six of them? Seems excessive

• Like Like x 2
  5. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

Actually said he went for 7.

UofC..
    Are u salty because u forgot about SIM play?

6. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

They were all 4th and ones and after i missed the first too i did get salty. They were all out of field goal range and most we that awkward position where it's hard to pooch it into the endzone. Like i said, one was a hail mary at the end of the half.

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

With a final of 28-10 it sure looks like you had control because they didn't even get a TD until the final moments of the game. I'm just say seven is a bit excessive, especially when you are dominating a team, they obviously couldn't run (66 yards), threw no TDs until said moment, and only converted their ONLY 4th down. Hopefully you at least past the 50 yard line like the rules state (TSO Rules since The E does not specify its own rules)

8. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Yes yes. I was. I'm not being gay and just slinging it. 3 of the 6 were 4th and inches and i thought if we couldn't get an inch vs a 1-8 team in UCLA, what the point of punting where a punt (if i got a touchback) would only a net of 15 yards? Those were a majority of my 4th downs.

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

It's all in the name of sportmanship, CPU or not.

10. Darkwing

After I don't convert my first one in said situation, I figure I won't convert the others either. Then I take a delay of game or two and attempt to pin them deep

11. Darkwing

BTW, I just played the least exciting game I have all release. MSSU had 7 turnovers...in the 1ST HALF!

Used 2nd/3rd stringers all 2nd half and still almost pitched the shutout & had to stop myself from scoring. That team is ridiculously bad, I could still move the ball using backup defensive linemen as my right side of the O-line :eek:

12. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I usually just accept it but i don't know, today just really pissed me off with how bull shit the computer is aided by the spot of the ball. There were a bunch of situations where on 3rd and something they BARELY got it and on review (by myself) they did not get it at all. Very infuriating.

13. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Jesus jello1717 you don't know how much i want Ken Hall. Not just for his speed, but that 99 Accuracy is so amazing... Do want. I actually like your entire team. Not too much your offense aside from Ken but defense... The defense would FLOURISH in the 3-3-5 with all that speed. Bill Williams (FS) would make Antwain Mason look silly. Your defensive line would be racking up the sacks with that speed. The OLBs would be able to shoot the gaps of the pressure D and also cover crossing routes. It's mind boggling... You're still a speed whore though

14. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  15. Darkwing

Go O's!

16. jello1717

I honestly don't understand why you and Masler keep calling me a speed whore, not that I take offense to it. I just don't get it, especially in reference to my defense.

On offense, my QB has to be fast as that's a requirement for the position in my offense, but that's the only position where I need speed. My HBs have been really fast (Stephens, Burks, Richardson), but that's not by choice. I've been trying to sign that stud power back for the entire dynasty and I've finally gotten it in FR Barry Joseph. In my offline I had 2 Barry Josephs for every 1 Stephens and I tried to get that here too with no luck. @ WR I have a SPD floor below which I would never consider a recruit (I have no use for an 80 SPD WR) but UGA's WRs are always faster than mine and this year MSU's are faster. My slowest WR has caught the 2nd most balls for me this year. I don't even look @ SPD for O-linemen or TEs (only 2 user teams have slower TEs than mine).

Defensively, I don't even consider SPD when recruiting D-linemen. Half of my DTs are slower than 57 SPD. My best DT of all time, Jeff Dougherty, only had 54 SPD as a SR. The fastest LB I've ever signed was OLB Benjamin Bailey who came in with 84 SPD and graduated with 87 SPD. Wisconsin is the ONLY user team that doesn't CURRENTLY have a LB on their roster that's at least as fast as the fastest guy I ever signed (Ole Miss and Stanford's fastest LB is an 87 while everyone else has a LB on their current roster that's faster than anyone I've had in 9 seasons). I'm guessing that most of those guys were safeties that they position changed though as I can't imagine there being actual LBs that have SPD in the 90s. UGA, Tenn, Ole Miss, Stanford, and Wisconsin all have CB corps that are faster than mine (CBs, like WRS have a floor on the SPD that I'll consider, but it's not in the top 3 ratings that I consider when recruiting them). Every user team (even yours) except for USC starts a SS that's faster than any SS on my team. The best defensive player I've ever had was SS Thomas Lambert who came in with 89 SPD.

You guys seems to think that my team is only speed, but there's a whole lot more there than speed and, in building my team, there's only 1 position where it's necessary, and 5 positions (HB, WR, CB, FS, SS) where it's even considered when recruiting.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  17. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

edge7771

jello1717

edge I would tell you to play the game whenever, I am just on AP, and have decided to take an extended leave till the next release hopefully. Jello you can leave me on AP or boot me. No harm either way.

18. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

No problem buddy didn't want to go ahead and play without your ok. Hope all is well with you and yours!

19. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I just love giving you a hard time is all. But your linebackers have Acceleration which is great. That makes a Linebacker good. Your ends are pretty fast which is great and the DT looks like a good run stopper which is a need for a 3 front. Your safeties aren't that fast but your FS is. Him and Ken were major eye candy when checking your team out. Need those.

20. Masler

Masler Moderator

Most of the time we play it seems like you are leagues ahead of me because of speed, my guys cannot keep up. You are right that my CBs have great speed but your HBs and even QBs blow by them. You do favor speed but in a sim style.

21. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Speed is nice, but it isn't the most important thing. Shhhhh!! ;)

22. jello1717

23. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

24. Darkwing

HAHAHA...this pic is what I pictured you doing after reading what I posted in the CBK thread

25. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Looking now... Will check back in a bit...

EDIT: FAWK!!! :mad:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012