The E. Season 9: Week 13

Discussion in 'Game Scheduling' started by jello1717, Apr 13, 2012.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

User game:
    Jello @ UofCWildcat (again)

2. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

When ever you're ready.

[​IMG]
    (Tribute to my favorite show back in the day)

3. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Damn i need to dumb this offense down. The amount of picks i threw because of either pressure or just the WORST reads is ridiculous. Every pick was a bad read but credit Jello's guys for making the plays where they needed to be. Defense played good (definitely not great) for the field position they were put in. Next season the offense is gonna be WAY simpler.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

Blah blah blah

5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Jello pointed out a great point in the Game Summary... The Base Sliders probably messed me up. When you get used to having balls not get picked off and then they do, i got frustrated easily. If you look at my computer games, my TO Differential is amazing vs them, shitty against users.

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

I think it's the same for everyone when it comes to TO Differential CPU vs Users

7. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Agreed. But i think i make to many mistakes because what hits the computer hands and bounces off becomes a pick vs a user. Lose momentum easy. Like i told JC after our game, i need to dumb this down.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

Ya and at this point in the OD, I'm just trying to have a winning season since we don't have much more than 2 seasons left.

9. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

That's my feelings too (thus me signing half JUCOs for my recruits). I just wanna beat Jello once...

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

I've only done it twice, not easy to do and the first time was when he used Utah. I was lucky to beat him a couple seasons ago, my TE found a hole in his cover 6 and that's all I needed to finally win.

11. jello1717

I'm not trying to be a dick, but this would be trying to fix the symptom, and not the cause. If you don't throw the ball to the defenders, then it doesn't matter what the INT slider is. Last night's game was abnormally bad for you, but you weren't kidding when you said those were some terrible reads. I think the over the shoulder INT by my FS Williams was the only one where it was even a 50/50 ball. I think the other 4 were right 2 my defenders, 2 of whom didn't even have to move.

12. jello1717

I actually almost never call cover 6 since I don't like what the safeties do in it. I generally bounce back and forth between man, cover2, cover3, and cover4 with a few blitzes thrown in. Last night's game against UofCWildcat was a weird one for me. I generally play my base 3-4 D against any set with fewer than 4 WRs, but UofC's #3 WR had 98 SPD and he called at least 3 WR sets probably 90% of the time (as do I) so I played almost the entire game in nickle and dime. Since I don't use nickle or dime nearly as much as my 6 3-4 sets, I'm not as familiar with it, but luckily I was able to find stuff that worked well.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  13. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Exactly.

14. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

No i'm talking in general. I already said our game was ALL bad reads. Like with JC and Darkwing. I can say that when ever i nearly throw a pick vs the computer and they drop it, it'll give me a sort of jolt that makes me calm down. Throwing picks enrages me and i throw more :p

15. jello1717

Why do you think I threw my only WR mid screen so early in the game? I knew it'd enrage you and put you on tilt so I made sure to use it early. Since you complained last time I decide to lay off of the mid screens and slant outs (I only threw the 1 screen and I'm pretty sure that I didn't throw any slant outs, although I did use normal outs since you never cover that part of the field) but I wanted to make sure to use the screen early just to make you take yourself out of the game.

16. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Yeah i didn't notice and care about that screen really. It was a good call and i had the defense but my corners suck. Nothing bad. What enraged me was how my hook zone linebackers who are usually PROS at stopping slants but could not stop your slants. O well. We never show up against our only rival. Pissing me the hell off.

17. jello1717

18. Masler

Masler Moderator

I'll get it done today sometime. I went out last night....little slow moving

19. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

I'll get mine in about an hour or so.

20. Masler

Masler Moderator

jello1717....bit of a family emergency came up while in the 4th...i had to shut my game off, not sue when ill b back.

21. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Waiting on you. Hope everything is alright man.

22. Masler

Masler Moderator

I'm jumping on now to play. I apologize for such a delay, everything is going to be fine family wise. I will try to make this quick

23. Masler

Masler Moderator

24. jello1717

Caught me just as we were heading out the door to go out for dinner.

I'll advance now and we'll be in the next week in a few minutes.