The E. Season 9: Week 4

Discussion in 'Game Scheduling' started by Masler, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

I recruited. Now I have to wait.....I think we can knock this out in 24 hours

• Like Like x 1
  3. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

I don't know if I can play tonight unless I get home from the Purdue-Michigan game at a decent hour.

4. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Masler

The game with UofCWildcat was really dumb. He was able to EASILY convert 3rd and longs in the first quarter (3 of them if I remember right. 1 was 8 yards and two of them were 3rd and almost 20). My guys dropping balls wide open, I fumbled a kickoff down 21. He got tackled on a kickoff, but broke free and returned it 70 yards after contact.

Considering this is the third season we have played in a row, and this is my BEST team far and away, and I was at home, him being up 49-21 at half because the game decided he was going to be up 49-21 at half was ridiculous.

Anyway, we called it at half. I wasn't playing a game like that. He would have scored 100. And it would not have been on purpose. Or he would have just started taking knees and that is almost more unsportsmanlike than scoring 100.

This game is starting to try my patience. I am trying my best to stick it out because I want to be back here for NCAA 14. For some reason, I have faith that 14 will be really, really good.

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

We all are just trying to stick it through. I dont know why there is such inconsistency this release. I too probably have one of my better rated teams and yet I lost to an unranked. I guess I just expect that EA or whoever will only allow me to win one user game every other season.

6. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I've had this debate on OS so I know that my opinion that follows is in the minority. People usually say the game decides they're going to lose with regards to CPU games, but it goes for USER games too. I think people put waaaay too much stock in this theory. People cry about "God mode" all the time and how the reason they lost or even got hammered was because "the CPU decided I was gonna lose so there was nothing I could do." To me this is such a crock and a cop out. I don't think that any games are predetermined and when you lose it's because you got out played or you got some unlucky breaks.

Using the quoted post as an example, if BYU kept converting 3rd and longs then it's the defense's fault for not stopping them. Since I didn't see the game I can't say exactly how, but maybe they should've called better plays (which would be my guess). Just because Miami's KRer fumbled doesn't mean that the CPU had it out for them. These things happen. In this case, that's the price you have to pay from time to time when you've got a return man with a freaking 67 CAR rating (if it was Tyson that fumbled, then you can disregard this). You have someone returning kicks with a terrible CAR rating, it's bound to happen at some point. As for the 70 yard BYU KR, I'm sure every single one of us has gotten a big KR after contact. Just because it happened in this game to Miami doesn't mean that the CPU was making sure that BYU won.

To me it just seems like people hate to lose and really hate to think it's their fault that they lost or even that the other team simply outplayed them so they say that it's because the CPU made them lose. They don't say that because they're trying to find an excuse, but because they really do believe it; I just think that they're wrong. UofCWildcat has gone on the record several times saying that once every season the CPU will go "God Mode" to win (or at least try really hard to win) a game. I've played 248 dynasty/OD games and not once have I ever felt that the game was predetermined and that it didn't matter what I did, the result was already decided. If you want to win games, it starts with recruiting better teams. This is the best team that niuhuskie224 has ever had:
    mia.JPG

You know what? BYU is still better:
    byu.JPG

and should win if the users are of equal skill (although obviously not necessarily a blowout). And with as much as it pains me to say this (and I'm sure I'll never say it again) UofCWildcat is a more skilled player of NCAA than is niuhuskie224 which obviously tips the tilted scales even more in favor of BYU.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  7. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

BOILER UP!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Masler

Masler Moderator

I just have horrible luck vs users. I let an unranked B rated Clemson team beat me....but you are right in the fact that my playcalling all around could have be better, the defense especially because I hadn't allowed him to kick that last minute FG, we could have seen overtime. Sometimes the CPU does seem overbearing but isn't that what we want, a competitive CPU that keeps our attention? I know half of us are probably dicking around in the second half. Last night in my offliner I was down 1 points in the NCG with less than a minute but I had all my timeouts and MSU's best receiver to ever come through to rely on. I called the right play and bam, I won by a TD. I think a lot of people don't play well in the clutch either, meaning if they have a chance to win or tie they either panic and burn timeouts (like me) or just throw what I like to call desperation passes hoping something will happen. When I tossed the bomb to Johnson last night it was in complete desperation and I got lucky in the fact the defender tipped it right to him. I botched the onside and accepted my fate that I had lost. I even told Todd Ramsey that I had no issues losing that one because it was fair and square. Now if I had lost on some bullshit to the CPU like the whole catch out of bounds called in bounds then I would have a major rant about it.

9. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

I disagree with this. It isn't a cop out. It is the truth of the matter. You don't play everyone tight and then lose by 50. I called all kinds of sets on 3rd down and it made no difference. When his CPU guys seem to have psychic abilities and my guys stand flat footed, or his make spectacular catches and mine drop easy balls, it is terrible.

I beat you in the first season of this release by a ton. As far as I was concerned the game decided that I was winning. My guys were catching tipped balls and making unreal interceptions.

He may be more skilled. But not 30 points better. Now when my teams have been worse when his have been better and we played super close games.

It's easy for you to say all this with your record in user games. You are clearly a better player and this is your only game you play. So that makes sense.

Overall, I want to quit this league because of this stuff. The unbalanced games and just feeling snakebitten. I have beaten most every user here at least once. I play games close and I am by no means saying I should win every game. But when you play close games and never feel like your team gets the lucky breaks or bounces then it gets old.

To tell me that this is a cop out and be whining is flat wrong. Come sit in on my games. Get stuck with untimely fumbles or your guys catching every ball until they HAVE to catch a pass and then drop that crucial ball and tell me you don't feel like you are being fucked over. How many times can someone have there guy get magically open or catch a tough ball, and then have me throw a pass to a wide open receive and have him not catch it and not feel this way.

Have a team go god mode against you and then come talk to me.

10. jello1717

But this is fully supporting my point. If the game decides that a team is gonna lose, then there must've been times by now when my opponent goes "god mode" on me and I lose, no matter how good I am. Isn't that the entire point of your argument? It doesn't matter how good the user is or how good his team is, if the CPU decides that I'm gonna lose, there's nothing that I can do about it.

I've absolutely had wide open receivers simply drop balls. I've had it happen in each of my last 2 user games. The first against FSU on a streak where my WR was behind the entire defense and the ball hit him squarely in the hands but he dropped it. Then against Maryland I had a WR screen where both defenders on that side of the filed were pancaked and all my WR had to do was catch the ball and then run, unabated, to the end zone but he dropped it too. That shit happens.

Again I disagree. The game didn't decide that I was gonna lose. I was simply unprepared and was outplayed.

Again I think you're failing to give credit where credit is due. You complained that your KR guy fumbled, but he has a terrible CAR rating. You complain that his WRs make spectacular catches, but UofCWildcat recruits guys that can catch the ball. If the dude you're complaining about is the guy that led his team in receiving, then it's this dude:
    bailey.JPG

I'm assuming that you wouldn't actually sit there and tell me that this dude SHOULDN'T be making spectacular catches. He has just as much right to make spectacular catches (the most spectacular of which are triggered with only a SPC rating of 90) as your KRer has the right to fumble the ball with a 67 CAR.

The last point I made in my previous post was that in 248 games I have never had a team go "god mode" against me so I have every reason to talk to you now since, if it existed, I'm sure I would've seen it by now.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  11. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

At this point we are going to have to agree to disagree. This release has been frustrating at best for me. You on the other hand play the hell out of this game and are simply one of the better players. Maybe it is less likely a team goes into god mode with you because you make up for some of it.

If you played in the game I played against UofCWildcat, you would understand. But you didn't. And if you don't think what happened in that first game we played was it, then of course it doesn't exist to you.

12. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I hear ya dude. But i will give myself credit on the WRs i recruited and my entire classes in general. But that was also another monster...

13. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Masler

Just an FYI, I may show as having played a game. I was going to super sim from the web but the wife is going to hit the treadmill first so I have some time to get my game in now.

Just an FYI

14. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Will play when I get home here in about an hour.

15. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Ill play mine sometime tonight. Completely bombed my Calc exam so I gotta take a verbal beating from my parents -_-

16. Masler

Masler Moderator

Don't tell them?

17. Masler

Masler Moderator

FYI everyone. I got a second job that is 3rd shift. jello1717 you might have to handle advances when I work.

• Like Like x 1
  18. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Well I had to cause my dad is like eagle eye with that shit. It's be better that he heard from me then finding out later.

19. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Also they are helping to pay for the time being so they gotta know

20. Masler

Masler Moderator

Heh...my mom paid for my first two years of college n I failed two classes (Greek Mythology...zzz and Intermediate Algebra which is out of my league)....shhhhhhhh

21. Todd Ramsey

Todd Ramsey Walk On

blLL flo

You want to play tonight if we advance?

I will probably be unavailable Friday night.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  22. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Ya I can play.

23. jello1717

It looks like we're only waiting for jay2149.

24. jay2149

jay2149 Walk On

not no more

25. jello1717

• Like Like x 1