The E. Season One Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Nautica, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

[​IMG]

2. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Arkansas 45
    Cal 10

This game started off very slow, but then exploded in the 4th with Arkansas able to take advantage of an aggressive D and beat the Bears deep on 3 plays. Offense really had a hard time really finding a rhythm despite what the stats say. Tyler Wilson would end up with 335yds and 4tds, while Knile Davis would put up a respectable 95yds on the ground.

The Arkansas D was the highlight of this game as they were able to rack up a whopping 9 sacks, 1 FF, and 1 int. At the end of the day the Cal Golden Bears offense was only able to put up 10 points and only 226yds of total offense.

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Utah 38
    Fresno State 14

[​IMG]
    HB Palamo flexes for the disappointed Fresno crowd​

Utah Runs over Bulldogs in coach Jello's debut

Utah flexed both their offensive and defensive muscles in this one. Utah gave up a whopping 6 yards of total offense in the 1st half as they held the ball for 13 of 16 minutes and allowed 0 first downs. Rugby sensation Thretton Palamo led the offense with 87 yards and 3 TDs in the 1st half (he'd finish with 96 yards) leading the Utes to a 21-0 halftime lead. Fresno would manage 14 points in the 2nd half, but this one was never in danger.

Utah's running game was deadly as they amassed 211 yards and 4 TDs while QB Jordan Wynn was very efficient as he completed all 9 of his passes in the game.

4. texacotea

texacotea Walk On

South Carolina 38
    Navy 10

This one was South Carolina from the start. Freshman Damiere Bryd took the opening kickoff 98 yrds for a TD. This was the 1st and only time he touched the ball as he left the next possesion with a concussion.

Marcus Lattimore lead the attack with 21 carries and 183 yrds reaching the endzone 3 times. Defensive the Gamecocks didnt know what to expect with Navys Hurry-up option attack. But was able to get some pressure and force a couiple turnovers.

Ace Sanders led all receivers with 6 rec 148yrds and 1 td. Ace is more explosive with the ball in his hands, he had 86 YAC. Most came late in the 4th on a screen that was taken to the house. South Carolina is now preparing for Michigan

5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Wisconsin 28
    Clemson 31

CPU comes back in the fourth quarter from 10 down. Couldn't move the ball in the second half after losing James white, nick toon and russel Wilson to injury. 4 Badger defenders use improved zone logic to watch the Clemson receiver catch the game winning td right in front of them. Clemson's pass rush was ridiculous, I had 2 seconds if I was lucky to get it out.

6. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Central Michigan Chippewas 38
    Washington Huskies 45

In the debut game for Coach Randiesel his Huskies proved successful after an overtime win against CMU. Early in the 2nd quarter the Huskies found themselves down 23 points when it appeared as though they had no luck in scoring. They just couldn't get anything going and looked to have an identity crisis between either a team willing to stick with either the pass or run. That was quickly resolved in the 2nd half when junior HB Chris Polk put on a spectacular show. On the day Chris Polk would go 34/161 with an average of 4.7 yards per rush. In overtime the Huskies would register 3 consecutive sacks to close out the game after scoring and leaving CMU with the ball on the 25.

7. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

MSU 50
    Colorado 24

[​IMG]

This one was never in question. Cousins only had to throw 12 passes while the MSU rushing attack dominated the game. The MSU defense was also stout until the starters were pulled in the beginning of the 4th quarter and the 2nd string defense allowed 2 4th quarter Colorado TDs. The defense totaled 8 sacks, half of them coming on attempted QB scrambles. Cousins had an iffy day, he threw 3 TDs of the bomb variety, but was picked off on his first pass attempt of the day and missed a handful of open receivers. It wouldn't matter though as the 3 headed rushing attack of Baker, Bell, and Caper were too much for the overwhelmed Colorado defense.​

Hightlights:​

WR Keshaun Martin on an end-around for 25 yards.​

38 yard TD run by LeVeon Bell​

Pick-6 by CB Johnny Adams​

Sack - Safety by LB Chris Norman​

8. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Hrm, I don't know why my videos won't play, but the links under them work.

9. jello1717

I don't think you can embed EA videos here. I think you need to upload them to youtube to embed them here.

10. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Shaun Mason I know you were looking for a fix to this, any progress on being able to embed EA vids yet?

11. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Unless the storage structure changed from 12 to 11, there is no way for me to do it.

They throw those videos to CDN's and the url varies so much I can't pattern match them.

12. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

University of Arizona Wildcats: 26
    University of Iowa Hawkeyes: 13

[​IMG]

Arizona came into today's game with a big chip on their shoulder. Running a 5 game losing streak, firing of Head Coach Mike Stoops, and a loss of nearly both lines Arizona had a lot they wanted to prove. "We were ready. We spent the entire summer for this. We were not gonna lose." said ROLB Paul Vassallo. "Defense was ready to prove that we could move on from the Brooks Reed and Ricky Elmore era and make one of our own." Arizona came out and put up 3 straight field goals to start the game. Defense had two straight 3 and outs in the first quarter. "Defense was playing feisty and being tenacious. Corners and safeties stepping up when they saw run, and linebackers being in position after play actions. The first half was a great way to start the season." said Coach Lambdin. Iowa tacked on a field goal with 1:40 left and the Arizona offense and defense showed flashes of the 7-1 record last season before the slump. Arizona threw a bomb to Texas Transfer WR Dan Buckner on a go route. "Coach asked me if i was ready to make my name heard. I knew it was a chance to get us in field position and score." says Buckner. Buckner caught it and a few plays later SR WR David Douglas took the ball in on a jet sweep.

Arizona then capitalized on a INT by CB Robert Golden on an overthrown ball. Arizona only had a few plays before the half ended. But they were set to 4th and 10 with time ticking. Arizona lined up and was going to call a timeout but Nick Foles saw something in the defense he liked. "I saw cover two and the corner trying to press Dan. I knew Dan had size on him and i just sent up a prayer." says Foles. So Nick tossed it to a wide open Buckner for 6 with :00 on the clock. It was a good way to end a great first half. Arizona lead 23-3 and things were looking good.

The second half rolled around and the offense sputtered a bit only tacking on another field goal late in the third. "I contribute that to a lot of conservative play calling on my part. I didn't want to force anything with a comfortable lead. I just wanted to get out of here with a W." Says Coach Lambdin. Iowa had a late surge too with a 10 point swing. "It was frustrating because our young guys on the D line were getting ran over by Iowa's bigger and more experience lineman. But i knew that they would get things together." said Vassallo. But on the final Iowa drive, Paul stepped up big time. The ROLB had a quiet game until now. On this final drive, Paul totaled 3 sacks and a forced fumble. "I was just in a zone. I didn't want them to make this game any closer than it seemed, or even get back into it. I had to step up." says Vassallo. His final of the 3 sacks was a wonder when he hurdled two guys (a tightend and a halfback) and nailed Vandenberg for the sack and force fumble. Arizone will host Coach Nautica as the #18 Razorbacks travel to Tuscon Arizona.

Another Cool User FF and FR by yours truly:

13. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Georgia - 30
    New Mexico - 3

The opening game of coach blLL flo's tenure was a solid win, but it wasn't a pretty one. The offense came out very slow for the Bulldogs and if it weren't for an amazing pass rush and a great defense, this one could have been scary. The Bulldogs got a sack fumble on the opening play for NM and DT Jonathan Jenkins was right there for a scoop and score. The offense could only muster 3 FG drives for the next 3 quarters and it was 16-3 midway through the 4th. Murray finally converted a 3rd down and then hit WR Tavarres King for a 6 yard TD. HB Charlton Thomas added a 1 yard TD run late in the game.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

UNC 10
    NW 20

The Wildcats get it done in their home opener defeating a solid Tar Heel team. The first quarter went scoreless as both teams played very conservatively on offense. UNC got on the board first in the 2nd quarter with a 3 yd TD pass capping off a nice drive led by QB Renner. NW would answer though when Persa connected with WR T. Jones for a 76 yard catch and run to knot it up at 7. UNC would add 3 more before half but NW answered with a nice drive of their own capped off by a 1 yd TD run by HB M. Trumpy.

The second half would only see a TD pass from Persa to WR Fields as he burnt the safety in man to man coverage for a 44 yd score.

Gameball - QB Dan Persa 168.6, 12/22 244 yds, 2 TDs, INT, 4 car 11 yds

Notables:
    UNC
    QB Bryn Renner 140.4, 18/26 181 yds TD, 8 sacks
    HB Ryan Houston 24 att 81 yds TD
    TE N. Hurst 5 rec 71 yds

NW
    HB M. Trumpy 20 att 56 yds TD
    WR Demetrius Fields 4 rec 94 yds TD
    ROLB B. McNaul 15 tkls 3 tfl, 0.5 sacks

15. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

OLE MISS SLOPPY IN WIN

OLE MISS 20
    WAKE FOREST 10

Ole Miss kicked of the season at WF for an ACC SEC battle. Under new Coach Edge Chase Ole Miss is looking for a new and fast start. Ole Miss entered with a lot of questions and came away with mixed reviews. Ole Miss opened the game on Offense and had little trouble driving the field. Ole Miss fizzled out inside the 20 and had to settle for 3, little did they know that would be the case all game. WF took their first possession and had little room to work with. Too much surprise the Ole Miss D was strong all game. “We had a lot of questions on the Defense with an overhaul of last year’s disaster.” D cord Louie Smalls. On Ole Miss’s second drive the breakout of highly recruited Soph RB Jeff Scott was there for everyone to see. On a counter play Scott ducked behind LG Alex Washington who got a nice seal block on the LB. Scott tucked it up in the gap and busted out into the open field. Once in the open it was nothing but green grass and 6pts. “We had a tough decision at the HB spot with Bolden the main back for the past couple years. Talking with Coach Malone we felt Scott gave us that home run threat every time he touched the pill.” Coach Edge. That was the bright spot for the offense, but it didn’t cover up the deep black hole of the passing game. Randall Mackey was only 8 for 17 and had 3int’s. Ole Miss could’ve blown this game wide open, but was 5 for 3 in the red zone with one TD and two FG’s is terrible. Mackey threw two picks in the red zone which need to be corrected. “We can’t get down there like that and come away empty. Good teams will make you pay for those mistakes.” O cord Vinne Malone. The Ole Miss D held WF to 300yrds of total offense and under 50yrds rushing. It’s a good tune up but much work is needed.
    ole miss.jpg

PLAYER OF THE GAME
    JEFF SCOTT 208YRDS ON 29CAR 2TD

16. Masler

Masler Moderator

# 3 Stanford - 45​

San Diego State - 10​

[​IMG]

No Sweat Broken

Stanford ran away with this one today as the Aztecs could barely keep up with the Cardinal offense. Andrew Luck showed why he is one of the top QB's as he threw for 4 touchdowns and hit some pretty passes. The running game wasn't invisible either as Stepfan Taylor showed some skill while adding two scores to the board. Stanford's defense was very stingy today, they allowed yards but would not give SDSU any room to score except for a lone FG and TD. The Aztecs had one shot to get another TD on the board at the end of this game but a defender leapt in front of the ball and that would be the game.​

The Cardinals get a nice win under their new coach, 1-0.​

Stats​

A. Luck - 17/28, 308 yards, 4 TD​

S. Taylor - 18 Att, 81 yards, 2 TD​

G. Whalen - 6 Rec, 87 yards, TD​
    C. Owusu - 4 Rec, 57 yards, TD​
    J. Patterson - 3 Rec, 105 yards, TD​
    Z. Ertz - 1 Rec, 16 yards, TD​

S. Skov - 10 Tackles, 2 TFL​
    M. Thomas - 6 Tackles, TFL, INT​
    M. Masifilo - 4 Tackles, 3 TFL, 1.5 Sacks​

17. jello1717

I figured that HB from CMU that showed up on the dynasty wire as having 1023 yards on 3 carries against Randiesel75 was just a DW bug, but that's how he's showing up on the console as well. Ole Tim Phillips is leading the nation with 1023 yards on 3 carries (for a pretty respectable 341 yards per carry).

All I know is I can't wait to play that Huskie defense if they're giving up over 300 yards per carry!

18. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Haha god dammit EA.

19. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

MSU travels to athens and beats Georgia in the final minute. More to come tomorrow.

Great Game Bill.

20. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Tight Fight

Arizona comes up short in a heart-pounding game vs. Arkansas 27-21!

The difference maker in this game was the turnovers, with one of them resulting in a TD at the end of the 2nd qtr to end the half up 21-7.

Arkansas was able to control the tempo of the game via the running game, and the defense was very opportunistic with their bend don't break philosophy causing 4 turnovers. Arizona would make a comeback late in the game and score 14 points in the 4th, but would once again throw a costly int that would seal the game for the Razorbacks.

Player of the Game:
    Knile Davis 21car for 120yds and 1 TD

21. GoGators

Have u guys been able to use custom playbooks in user games or should I just plan on using a default book?

22. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I was just about to ask the same thing. I haven't created one yet but I was going to sit down today.

23. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I used it against Bill. They work fine but your formations will be all out of order.

24. GoGators

Thanks. The formations being out of order is an absolute pain in the ass! How could they not have realized that?

25. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

MSU 31​
    Georgia 30​

Michigan State started this game off about as poorly as possible. After receiving the opening kick, Cousin's threw a pick 6 on his first attempt of the game. On the ensuing possession, Cousins threw another pick that was returned to the 5 yard line and lead to another TD. Less than two minutes into the game and Georgia had a 14-0 lead.​

Then MSU went to the running game. Baker lead MSU down to the 30 yard line where WR Keith Nichol would score on an incredible catch in the corner of the endzone on a 29 yard pass from Cousins. 14- 7 Georgia.​

To start the 2nd, MSU's defense held strong and forced Georgia into their second consecutive 3 and out. LeVeon Bell would break a 30 yard run to get into scoring position and Edwin Baker would finish the drive off on 3rd and goal with a 3 yard TD run to tie the game with a couple minutes left in the 2nd quarter. Georgia did not panic. The next Bulldog drive was an exhibition of play calling and lead Georgia down into the redzone. The Spartan defense would regroup and hold tight though to force a FG as the half ended. 17-14 Georgia.​

As the 3rd quarter began, Georgia maintained it's momentum from the end of the 2nd half and put together another impressive drive on a wide variety of plays which ended in a 7 yard TD Reception by Rontavious Wooten. 24-14 Georgia. Cousins would finally get the passing game going though and MSU would score in 5 plays, ending in a 3 yard TD run by LeVeon Bell. The next Bulldog possession was a quick one as well. After a 3rd and long conversion that brought the Bulldog offense into the red zone MSU would again force a FG. 27-21 Georgia.​

MSU would start the 4th quarter needing to capitalize on every possession. It didn't happen, and the Spartans went three and out. Georgia would tack on another FG to go up 30-21 with just over 4 minutes remaining. It was desperation time for MSU. Cousins put together an extremely clutch drive that ended in a TD to TE Dion Sims on a bubble screen with 3:30 to go. 30-28 Georgia. MSU then forced a Georgia 3 and out and things started looking good for the Spartans. Again, the green and white could not capitalize and was forced to punt with a little over two minutes to go and only 1 time out left. Georgia looked to have a firm handle on the game, however on 2nd down HB Carlton Thomas was destroyed at the line of scrimmage by LB Steve Gardiner, resulting in a fumble that was recovered by DE William Gholston. This time MSU came through as Cousins found BJ Cunningham on a 3rd and long to bring MSU within FG range. Conroy would put the kick through with about 40 seconds to go to give MSU the 31-30 lead and the defense was able to keep Georgia from advancing the ball to seal the win.​

Great Game blLL flo
    That fumble was really bad luck, but the game was an awesome chess match.​

Stats on the wire aren't working.

See highlights thread for video.