The E: Week 2 Game of the Week

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by JCspartan2, Mar 25, 2011.

1. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

[​IMG]
    VS​
    [​IMG]
    The #7 and #10 teams respectively face off this week in one of two quality games, the other featuring the #6 Florida State Seminoles against the #11 Ohio State Buckeyes.​
    Both Michigan and Alabama are coming off impressive opening weekends, but this weeks opponent possess a completely different challenge.​
    Michigan's offense has been working towards greatness the past few seasons and so far this season it looks like they may have reached their goal. QB Dwayne Morris leads a very talented group and began the week in Heisman fashion with a 10/13 3 TD day against Wake Forest last week. Teams can't sleep on the Wolverine ground game this season either. HBs Kevin Smith and Joe Fontaine are a solid thunder and lightning combo that keep defense on their toes and totaled 170 yards against WF in week 1. Defensively, UofM is fairly weak in the secondary and that could be a major issue against a talented Alabama squad that can also beat you in a number of ways.​
    Alabama's offense is one of the top offenses in the nation year in and year out. QB Larue Smith can be turnover prone, but when he's focuses he is a deadly. Smith threw for over 200 yards and 4 TDs against the #21 Purdue Boilermakers in week 1, but he also chucked up a pair on interceptions. Alabama's real weapon is no secret, and thats HB Andrew Bowser. The kid plays like he's in an arcade video game, picking up where he left off in last years MVP candidate season. Bowser rushed for 185 yards and 3 TDs in week 1. Like Michigan, Alabama's achilles heal is it's secondary. This could be a major issue against the potent Michigan attack, especially if the Bama front 7 has difficulty containing the speedy Dwayne Morris at QB.​
    My Pick: This is going to be a high scoring game that might come down to who has the ball last. I've got my Big Ten brethren winning this one in a toss-up, 45-38.​
    Last weeks pick in review: I picked fuzzy to beat Oregon by 21, he won by 19...pretty good start!​

2. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Go Suge!!

3. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I am going Bama

4. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Part of me being the new guy and my very first game here being a user game, that you would have put the spotlight on me. Thanks for not just incase I end up getting my ass kicked(though I'm sure this post isn't going to help).

I don't know who to root for here, suge having some WNY ties makes me want to root for him, and mas, he is an all around good guy who has bad luck in user games so it makes me want to root for him too.

Anyways GL to the both of you

5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I agree, this will be a shootout. I'll take Michigan.

6. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Come on masler rep the sec! Just don't eff it up again :)

7. AJ Hart MN

Damn, alot of user games this week.. Can't wait for the result of the FSU/Ohio St game.

8. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I basically flipped a coin on which game I was going to make game of the week, the only thing going against your game was that you are largely an unknown and Masler and Suge have played quite a few times throughout the years so I figured it was a bit of a rivalry.

9. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

yeah, its cool, I would rather not be in the spotlight

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

my hearts not in this game tonight. sorry to let you guys down

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

benching my QB...what good is a 99 overall that gives up the ball 4 times?...ugh..

12. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG] 21
    [​IMG] 34

In a rematch of the Capital Bowl a couple years ago, two coaches with quite a bit of history led their teams into battle this evening. Coach Masler and Bama lost the coin flip and Coach Suge and Michigan decided to take the ball first for a change. That decision seemed like a good idea as Michigan out together some good plays to begin a good looking five play drive and lined up at the Alabama 45 yard line when Wolverine QB Dwayne Morris took a crushing head on blow as he released the ball and watched it fall into the hands of Tide LB John Fisher. LaRue Smith and the Bama offense went ot work and quickly put 7 points on the board with a six play 55 yard drive which was capped with a 27 yard TD pass from Smith to WR David Simpson. Adrian Fields touched the ball three times for 31 yards on Michigan's next offensive series which ended in a Morris to WR Terrance Wilcox 22 yard TD connection. On the day Fields and fellow Soph HB Joe Fontaine combined for 28 carries 109 yards rushing, 36 yards receiving and two TDs. Alabama's Andrew Bowser found some running room of his own in the first quarter but his last carry of the frame resulted in a fumble as he was wrapped up and then stripped by Michigan's Brian Kendrick.

In the second quarter, Michgian capitalized on the excellent field position and scored on the third play of the drive as Fontaine ran of left tackle for a five yard TD. The Tide could not shake the turnover bug on its next drive as Smith forced a ball down the seam on third and 18. Wolverine DB Anthony Callahan made a play on the ball intercepting the pass. Michigan settled for a field goalafter its drive spurted. Three plays from scrimmage later LaRue Smith connected on an 82 yard pass to Brian Gallagher for the TD. Michigan grinded out a four minute drive before Adrian Fields took the ball into the endzone for a 24 - 14 Wolverine lead after the PAT by Smith.

The second half started with Bowser being wrapped up for a 3 yard loss before SMith and Gallagher connected for an 8 yard gain. On third down Smith was settling into his drop as DE Brian Connor blew past the offensive tackle and dislodged the ball from Smith's hands allowing Kendrick to scoop and score on a 23 yard fumble recovery. Both teams watched decent drives stall and were forced to punt before the two QBs found opposing members of the defense to end the quarter. The fourth was equally as eventful from a play standpoint, as Alabam pulled Smith and Morris was forced to sit out the bulk of the fourth quarter with a sternum injury. Bowser was also forced from the game with an apparent twisted knee just a play before ryan simmons plowed into the endzone for the final TD of the game. Smith again hit on a FG to cap the scoring at 34 - 21 giving Michigan a 2 - 0 record to start the season.

GG Masler. We always seem to have good games decided by turnovers.

13. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I wouldnt give up on him just yet. A lot of football to play.

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

Very unhappy after that showing nonetheless

15. AJ Hart MN

Nice win Suge.. It was one hell of a week for the Big-10! (y)