The Evolution's Coaches Corner

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by T2, Jun 24, 2010.

1. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

The Evolution's Coaches Corner

Here you will find several interviews with The Evolution's World Famous Coaches(or so to be WFCs!)

Keep an eye out for what Coach is being interviewed!

2. T2

[​IMG]

Thanks for meeting with us Coach Ryty!

How do you feel about Carson Meger passing for 3TDs while going 14 of 27 for 182yards in the Blue and Orange game?

Were you surprised that neither team was able to open up running lanes for your backs? How do you plan to address this?

Looking ahead who do you feel will be your toughest test in the conference?

What can we expect to see this season from UTEP? How will you improve on last years 4-8 campaign?

3. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

How do you feel about Carson Meger passing for 3TDs while going 14 of 27 for 182yards in the Blue and Orange game?

We were definitely pleased. The competition for the backup spot between Meger and Curry is one that we will definitely be important for this year as well as many to come. However, as you know, our starter going into this season is clearly Trevor Vittatoe. Even though he Trevor struggled last year, I'm confident that he has the talent to be one of CUSA top qb's.

Were you surprised that neither team was able to open up running lanes for your backs? How do you plan to address this?

It is very early. With 4 seniors on our line, I'm confident that this veteran group will get it together. And when they do, Donald Buckram will be one of the best backs in the conference.

Looking ahead who do you feel will be your toughest test in the conference?

Houston. Many analysts are giving the Cougars a legitimate shot at an undefeated regular season. With the return of Heisman candidate QB Case Keenum and three 1000 yard receivers, our defense will have its work cut out for them. Since we play them very early, this game will set the pace for the rest of our season.

What can we expect to see this season from UTEP? How will you improve on last years 4-8 campaign?

Anything less than a bowl game would be considered a failure.

4. T2

SDSU

[​IMG]

Thanks For Joining Us Coach Big Bear

1. Recently Your program lost a long time member in former Coach Dan Coryell. How will his loss impact your team? Will you use his success to help drive your player into turning SDSU into the once winning program?

2. SDSU has had lots of early talk with 6 players being named for national and MWC pre-season honors, Will Vincent Brown and Ryan Linley be the keys to your season?

3. All 6 players that have earned preseason acknowledgment have been on the offense. How will you improve your defensive unit?

4. Can you give us the outlook on the 2010 season from Montezuma Mesa?

5. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

SDSU - Coach BigBear

[​IMG]

Thanks For Joining Us Coach Big Bear

1. Recently Your program lost a long time member in former Coach Dan Coryell. How will his loss impact your team? Will you use his success to help drive your player into turning SDSU into the once winning program?

His Air-ness was certainly a longstanding fixture to the entire San Diego area. He will always be a legend to the game and I think what you need to point out is the innovation. It is the "innovators" that I particularly admire. I will tell you why... I'm not one. But Don was also an inspiration. He inspired by loyalty - that part will be what I preach and the piece that the Aztecs can always take away. He was with the team for 12 years. We are not going to reinvent the wheel, we are going to play hard and rough. We are going to turn this around, and even if it takes 12 years, I'm sticking with it.

2. SDSU has had lots of early talk with 6 players being named for national and MWC pre-season honors, Will Vincent Brown and Ryan Linley be the keys to your season?

Certainly they will. I always rely on my veterans regardless. Now Ryan is only a Junior, but he is the leader of the offense and he's been around. I think you will see the ball spread around alot more than anyone expects - winning the Heisman is never part of my recruiting pitch. You know what I would love... if someone comes into my office with a Nigurski under his arm... I would LOVE that! All kidding aside, we are absolutely reliant on all of our players stepping up, but I am not going to trot out the cliches, Ryan and Vincent need to have great seasons and to lead this team.

3. All 6 players that have earned preseason acknowledgment have been on the offense. How will you improve your defensive unit?

Yeah, that was my point about the Nagurski, I should have paid more attention to the advance copy of questions that your secretary sent to me... hehe... And to tie back to your first question, that is what I would aspire to be, the Air Coryell of defense. Here is my philosophy, "make them bleed". I want my D to play like a bunch of hockey players in the playoffs. Maybe we won't win every game, but man we will hold our heads high, and the fans will be proud. Soon it won't just be Marshall Faulk as our notable alum, it will be a star linebacker.

4. Can you give us the outlook on the 2010 season from Montezuma Mesa?

Hey we have a great student body, the campus is beautiful, and so is the student bod... oh wait, sorry. I think there is alot of excitement about the coming year, we are going to be filling Qaulcomm before long.

6. T2

[​IMG]

Thank you for Joining Us Coach Jvig.

1. Does the poor preformance of Colin Kaepernick in the Blue and Silver game bother you? Did anyone impress you with their preformance?

2. The Defense looks much improved especially from the secondary point of view. What will be the keys to carry the success found on defense this spring into the fall?

3. What did you think of the Battle of the Boneyard?

4. Many people in Reno are very excited about Nevada Football. Can you give us your outlook on the season?

7. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

1. Does the poor preformance of Colin Kaepernick in the Blue and Silver game bother you? Did anyone impress you with their preformance?

Colin is a very cool, calm and collective QB. His performance doesn't worry us one bit because we know he's a man who learns from his mistakes on the field. For instance, the first 2 games of the season last year Colin threw 4 INTs and 1 TD. The rest of the season he threw 1 INT and 18 TDs. He is also a very versatile QB who isn't afraid to take off out of the pocket. He scored 16 rushing TDs last season and 17 the prior year. So there's no doubt Colin will get in the endzone and make the right decisions to put us in the position to win the game.

2. The Defense looks much improved especially from the secondary point of view. What will be the keys to carry the success found on defense this spring into the fall?

We have a very experienced and fast defense this year. Isaiah Frey and Doyle Miller will be or shut down corners and our Senior Safety Mo Harvey will be laying the wood on the unsuspecting Receivers who dare come accross the middle. The key to success found in our spring game is taking advantage of turnovers when we do cause one. We had a fumble and interception returned for TDs. If we can have this performance against our opponents we will win out come September.

3. What did you think of the Battle of the Boneyard?

Our defense is proving to be a dangerous weapon. On offense Tyler Lantrip our backup QB showed he is a versatile QB, scoring TDs through the air and on the ground. Overall we are running pretty smooth but still have some rough areas which I believe will be taken care of before our first game.

4. Many people in Reno are very excited about Nevada Football. Can you give us your outlook on the season?

We believe we are a strong team overall. I too am very excited come September. Some of our notable games are against Cal, Boise St, Colorado St. and Hawaii. These are games that we have the ability to win and look forward to performing. We look forward to revenging our losses from last year to Colorado St and Boise St. We are aiming to win the WAC and goto a BCS bowl game starting in September. Get ready for the fireworks folks!

8. T2

[​IMG]

Thanks For Joining Us Coach Frisk -

1. You are replacing your entire front 5 on offense. How will this impact your gameplans for this up-coming season?

2. Does having 3 of your 4 season Linebackers watching spring drills(IR) have you worried about your defense this fall?

3. Your team was very young last year. This year looks to be same with a very small number of seniors, who will step up and lead your team?

4. Can you give us an outlook on AF football for 2010?

9. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Phyuck yeah! About time.....responses coming soon..

10. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

2010 AIR FORCE FOOTBALL

[​IMG]
    Starting QB Tim Jefferson looks to lead our offense.

[​IMG]
    Man Beast FB Jared Tew leads the Falcons on the ground with almost 800 yards rushing and 9 TD's in 2009.

[​IMG]
    CB's Reggie Rembert (#8) and CB Anthony Wright (right) will lead the secondary.​

Thanks For Joining Us Coach Frisk -

1. You are replacing your entire front 5 on offense. How will this impact your gameplans for this up-coming season?

Considering how complex playing O-Line in this system is, that’s a serious concern. The fact that we only have one career start on this season’s line is the team’s biggest concern on either side of the football.

The good news is that virtually every single contributor at the skill positions, from junior QB Tim Jefferson to leading rusher Jared Tew (9 TDs), is back for another go! Expect there to be a lot of decisiveness from this offense with so much experience.

2. Does having 3 of your 4 season Linebackers watching spring drills(IR) have you worried about your defense this fall?

My line of scrimmage concerns continue on the defensive side of the football, where senior DE Rick Ricketts (57 tackles, 4 sacks) is the only returning starter. Considering how strong we were against the run in 2009, that’s a big concern that is only amplified when I see that we’re also losing our top two tacklers. Senior Andre Morris (65 tackles) is the best returning starter at linebacker so I foresee lots of issues with our defensive unit.

We won’t struggle is the secondary. Air Force has the best cornerback tandem in the conference as senior Reggie Rembert (43 tackles, 3 INT, 2nd Team All-MWC) and junior Anthony Wright (54 tackles, 7 INT, 1st Team All-MWC) are absolute ball hawks. With junior safety Jon Davis (56 tackles, 3 INT) backing them up, this will be a brutal secondary to try to pass against.

3. Your team was very young last year. This year looks to be same with a very small number of seniors, who will step up and lead your team?

Like I mentioned before our skilled player return. Starting QB Tim Jefferson, RB Asher Clark, RB Jared Tew, and RB Savier Stephens will lead our heavy rush attack.

4. Can you give us an outlook on AF football for 2010?

We will try to run the ball and control the clock, especially with the concerns up front on defense. However, we have a tough schedule and are not going to be great along the line of scrimmage and that’s a fundamental flaw. With so many worries, I think that we are going to take a step back this season but they should still be bowl eligible, probably end up 5-7.

11. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

The Air Force have a Man Beast...

"Man Beast FB Jared Tew leads the Falcons on the ground with almost 800 yards rushing and 9 TD's in 2009."

BUT - the Wolf Pack have a Borg at QB...

"Colin is a very cool, calm and collective QB."

Tough call - I'm going with Man Beast.

12. T2

[​IMG]

Thanks For Joining Us Coach T2Express

1. Last year was a rough year for the Owls. How do expect to turn the team around this season?

2. Your offense averaged 305 ypg and 18.5ppg. How are you going to improve?

3. Your defense was 117th nationally. Allowing a Staggering 464ypg and 43ppg. Do you believe that you have tools this season to improve?

4. You have 14 Starters returning from last year. Who will be the keys to a successful season and what is the outlook for your team in 2010?

13. T2

1. Last year was a rough year for the Owls. What are the areas that need improvement this season?

Well, you could start just about anywhere. We just weren't a very good ball club last year all the way around. We were extremely young and even though its nice to youthful it can also mean disaster. The key areas we need to focus on are blocking up front on offense and making good solid tackles on defense. Our goal is to build Rice into a run dominate Offense with a sufficating defense with a great pass rush and great tackling.

2. Your offense averaged 305 ypg and 18.5ppg. How are you going to improve?

If you haven't already heard of Sam McGuffie , be prepared to. We have a great stable of backs to improve last years anemic offense. we will use the pass to keep our running lanes open, but for the majority of the time look for McGuffie, Ross, and Smith to grind defenses in the ground. The best part of our offense is we are young, getting this early experience although tough to take will pay dividens in years to come.

3. Your defense was 117th nationally. Allowing a Staggering 464ypg and 43ppg. Do you believe that you have tools this season to improve?

The Defensive Line is the heart and sould of any defense and luckily for us we will have our biggest leaders on the DL. Scott Solomon and Cheta Ozougwu will be our anchors this season. Over the top we have two excellent corners in Jarrett Ben and David Gaddis. Being last in defense only leaves one place to go and that only place is up. Based on our personel groups we will most likley run a 4-3 until we can bring in some solid recruits.

4. You have 18 Starters returning from last year. Who will be the keys to a successful season and what is the outlook for your team in 2010?

What this team lacks in experience, it makes up for with talent, especially on offensive side of the ball. With a weapon like McGuffie, we'll have as much talent and athleticism on the field as almost any offense in the conference. We have the personel to make plays on both sides of the ball. It's just a matter of instilling a winning mindset in my players once again. And that mindset comes from our attitudes in the weight room and our committment to off-season conditioning.

14. T2

[​IMG]

Thank you for joining us Coach H22

1. A lot of people are talking about CSU and their depth in the backfield. We know your a ground minded coach, how do you plan to exploit the talent you have to win games this year?

2. Last year was pretty rough for folks in Fort Collins. How are you looking to improve this years team with the talent at hand?

3. The LB core you have is one of the top groups in all of college football. Do you have anything to complement this amazing group?

4. Seveal question marks still remain around campus. What is the out look for your team headed into the season?

15. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

[​IMG]

Thank you for joining us Coach H22

1. A lot of people are talking about CSU and their depth in the backfield. We know your a ground minded coach, how do you plan to exploit the talent you have to win games this year? There is a lot of talent in the backfield, but if I can't make any holes for them, we aren't going anywhere. The offensive line has one returning starter from last season. That is going to make it tough on my backs. But, we have managed to develop our talent well the past few seasons, and I expect that to continue with my offensive linemen group. My top two rushers from last season are back, Leonard Mason and John Mosure, along with Raymond Carter, who transferred from UCLA and is now eligible. Zac Pauga will be leading the way out of the backfield. He is a versatile FB/H-Back that can block as well as catch.

2. Last year was pretty rough for folks in Fort Collins. How are you looking to improve this years team with the talent at hand? Man, last year started out great. We started out 3-0 with a win against in-state rival Colorado. That game proved to be the last one with promise though, as we lost our 9 remaining games. This season starts out tough also. We have games against Colorado, Nevada, Idaho, and TCU in our first 5 weeks. We come out of the first 5 weeks 3-2, it will be a very promising start. On offense, we need to run the ball. That will open up the play action to TE Eric Pietz, and we need to find an outside threat. On defense, DT Guy Miller will set the tone. if he has a big day, we have a big day.

3. The LB core you have is one of the top groups in all of college football. Do you have anything to complement this amazing group? As long as the guys in front of and behind them do their jobs, this group will shine. Otherwise, we will be watching 3 guys try to cover the shortcomings of the other 8. Sysson has been one of my favorite guys to watch. The guy is all over the place. I am glad to Have Ricky (Brewer) back after his suspension last season, and Williams will call our D for us.

4. Several question marks still remain around campus. What is the out look for your team headed into the season? I stated before 8 wins. I am not backing away from this. I think we have the talent to do it, and we have the willpower to achieve it. Winning 8 means taking a few skeletons out of the closet and beating them into a pulp. It also means a few upsets. We will see come November.