The Experience 2013 Awards

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Masler, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Week 6 sounds like a good starting point.

The Experience

Freshman of the Year
    Let's take a look at some of the youngsters who are making an impact early in their college careers.​
    At this point in the season, after looking through all of the user controlled teams, there are three players I believe deserve to be on the watch list and they are:​
    1) CB Sojourn Shelton - Wisconsin - 21 Tackles, 2 TFL, 5 Deflections​
    2) CB Maurice Fleming - Iowa - 19 Tackles, 6 TFL, 2 Sacks, 1 Deflection​
    3) MLB Michael Rose - Nebraska - 19 Tackles, 7 TFL, 1 Sack​
    These player all have exhibited the ability to tackle that's for sure. The Wisconsin CB is leading this right now due to his ability to play both the run and the pass.​
    EMVP
    This award is a bit more prestigious and will only go to those players who are REALLY standing out. For this segment I would like everyone to select a player(s) from their team they would like on the watch list and I will keep an eye on them until the next segment.​
    Oopsman Award
    This one is always fun. None of this is meant to be taken seriously as your player is doing (how do I put this nicely?) not so well? and everyone should know :D.​
    QB Cody Sokol - Iowa - This guy is a turnover machine. Twelve INT's and Four Fumbles in only..what?...5 games at most? 10 touchdowns don't mean anything when he gives the opponent the ball more than his own team! He leads users in INT's and fumbles...​
    Entire Purdue Offensive Line- Yeah that's right...these kids are not playing well...AT ALL. When I sorted stats by sacks give up, three Purdue O Lineman were in the top 5 with a whopping 20 sacks allowed between the three of them while they only were able to say they had 3 pancakes. One guy in particular, Robert Kugler, gave up 9 sacks by himself. Poor Rob Henry has been beat up this season with 30 sacks already!​

• Like Like x 2
  2. Masler

Masler Moderator

Michigan State EMVP Nominations

QB Connor Cook - 61/82, 933 yards, 10 TD, 4 INT

HB Nick Hill - 78 Att, 511 yards, 6.5 ypc, 8 TD, 6 20+, 0 Fumbles

WR Bennie Fowler - 18 Rec, 347 yards, 4 TD, 86.7 ypc, 0 Drops

DE Marcus Rush - 15 Tackles, 13 TFL, 11 Sacks, 4 FF

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

If Rush continues to put up these arcade numbers then no other nominations matter, but here are the guys on Illinois to watch through 4 games:

QB Nathan Scheelhaase - 190.8, 56/65 (86.2 %), 661 yds, 5 TD, 2 INT - 55 car, 393 yds (7.1 YPC), 6 TD
    HB Donovonn Young - 60 car, 283 yds (4.7 YPC), 8 TD - 1 rec TD

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Not much over here...

HB Houston 78 Carries, 372 YDs, 7 TDs

5. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Purdue

QB Rob Henry 112/171 (65.5%), 1578 yards (263 ypg), 12 TDs, 7 INTs - 73 att (33 sacks :eek:), 166 yards, 2 TDs

6. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

It's dark in the Valley in year 1

• Like Like x 1
  7. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Kain for Oopsman? I don't care to run that campaign though...

8. jello1717

Sokol is making a MIGHTY convincing case for the trophy.

9. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

EMVP Nominations

Taylor Martinez 135-174 1,625 yards 18 TD 6 INT; 57 Att 210 yards 2 TD
    Ameer Abdullah 177 Att 919 yards 11 TD

10. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Freshman of the Year Nomination

PSU QB Christian Hackenburg
    102/184 1547 yds 15 TD 9 INT
    49 att 197 yds 2 TD

3rd in B1G TDs thrown
    6th in B1G passing yardage

11. jello1717

I'm pretty sure Masler only takes nominations for the EMVP. I think he chooses the contenders for FOTY on his own.

12. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I'm not putting anyone up. No one deserves an award at this point.

13. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Only person really making a move for EMVP is TE Devin Funchess (34 rec, 535 yards, 2 TDs). Hayes and Rawls have been outstanding as well but neither are killing it.

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

Week 12 Update

As our season begins to near its end, it is once again time to see how The Experience Awards stand. It has been six weeks since the last time I looked at any of these players extensively and the coaches from around the B1G have selected candidates for the EMVP.

Freshman of the Year

CB Sojourn Shelton is no longer on the watch list. Since Week 6 he has only recorded 3 Tackles and 3 Deflections
    CB Maurice Fleming moves down to #2 on my list. He has stepped up in tackles but has remained quiet in other areas
    Last but not least, Michael Rose has been the most impressive so far with a total of 40 tackles now and has added a pair of interceptions to his stat line.

EMVP

Let's start with myself. I originally nominated 4 of my players and honestly I am still torn but with the user games, Rushs stats dropped off as did Nick Hills (expected), neither have been game changers lately (except for Hill vs tOSU). Connor Cook started playing awful so I will nominate Bennie Fowler.

[​IMG]
    WR Bennie Fowler - 34 Rec, 586 yards, 17.2 ypc, 10 TD, 2 Drops. Fowler is being nominated based on his consistency and is leading the B1G in TD receptions, he may not have the most receptions or high yards but he has been very good in user games and has shown an ability to escape the defense and score some points.

[​IMG]
    QB Nathan Scheelhaase - 189.9 QBR, 127/155(81%), 1576 yards, 13 TD, 4 INT, 95 Att, 566 yards, 5.9 ypc, 8 TD, 6 BTK, 5 Fumbles. My first impression of Scheelhaase is that I am not surprised. Coach Jello has always favored running over passing. But what I am surprised at is the completion %, that's unheard of mostly. This kid is leading the Illini straight to Indianapolis.

[​IMG]
    HB Stephen Houston - 169 Att, 832 yards, 4.9 ypc, 12 TD, 6 BTK, 2 Fumbles. With Roberson out for the majority of the season, Coach Hova had to find someone to step up and here is the answer. Houston is doing a great job in helping Indiana to one surprising season. Indiana looks to win the division. Are they on a collision course with Illinois in Indianapolis??

[​IMG]
    QB Rob Henry - 160.1 QBR, 159/242(65%), 2400 yards, 16 TD, 13 INT, 114 Att, 333 yards, 2.9 ypc, 6 TD, 5 BTK, 4 Fumbles. The Boilermakers as a team are not doing well, after all Henry has been sacked 41 times (that's 4.5 sacks per game for their opponents). But as a QB I would say he is doing just fine with 2400 yards passing and is second in the B1G on yardage. I think if he utilized his feet a little more and threw less INT's (I know I know, easier said than done) that Purdue would be above .500 right now.

[​IMG]
    HB Ameer Abdullah - 200 Att, 1033 yards, 5.1 ypc, 15 TD, 1 BTK, 1 Fumble. I chose Abdullah over Martinez due to the fact he is doing very well in the rushing attack. He doesn't appear to be very speedy but makes up for it by powering his way through the defensive lines. Couple that with the fact he has only fumbled once all season.

[​IMG]
    TE Devin Funchess - 44 Rec, 634 yards, 5 TD, 14.4 ypc, 1 Drop. Not a typical position you will see on this list but his Coach believes he deserves a chance. After playing against Funchess, I believe the same. The kid is almost guaranteed to catch the ball when it comes his way. At 70.4 yard per game I would say he is on pace to come close to 1,000 yards before his season is over.

Oopsman
    Cody Sokol continues to make his case known for this award. He now boasts 18 interceptions but he has stepped it up slightly with 18 TDs to boot. I would understand his INT's if he had a high amount of yards but he doesn't with under 2000. He also had the second worst QBR in the B1G with 131.2.

Yep, I am still going to put the entire Purdue O Line on here. They have slowed sacks down a bit but still lead the B1G with 41, the next worst is Minnesota with 27. Kugler leads this awful front with 13 Sacks given up.

I'm going to add a player here in WR Matt Lehman from Penn State. The kid has 11 drops to his 32 receptions, that just shows me that 34% of the time he is going to drop the ball. Imagine how many more TDs he could have, but hey, he only catches 66% of them.

• Like Like x 4