The Experience - Midrelease Review

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by GoGators, Feb 14, 2012.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Snatched this from the Deuce. Figured it'd be good to get the focus off the other thread for a bit. Have at it boys:​
    Question #1 If you exclude yourself, who is the best player/coach, (they dont have to have the most titles) in your view in the Experience?

Question #2 What player/coach has given you the most fits so far?

Question #3 Has your team met your expectations to date?

Question #4 What team have you owned so far in the Experience?

Question #5 If you could change one thing about the Experience what would it be?

Question #6 Who is the one player that if they change this one thing they could be great?

Question #7 What is your team's biggest strength/weakness?

Question #8 What are your expectations for your team in the next few seasons?

Question #9 Whats on your wishlist for NCAA 2013?

Question #10 Who has been your favorite player of the Dynasty so far?

Bonus Question -- Who is the player that you let slip away that could have changed your program for the better?

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Question #1 If you exclude yourself, who is the best player/coach, (they dont have to have the most titles) in your view in the Experience?
    dakota7 . He's always had the best team, but you can't really argue against what his teams have done.​

This one is tough to say. I haven't played many outside of Masler and UofCWildcat very many times and I've had a good record against those 2. Outside of that I'm 3-2 against Wisconsin (really I'm 2-3 against dakota7, but the 1st Rose Bowl we played where he beat me got thrown out, like JC's victory over Dakota, and I got the simmed win). I looked back at my results and I'm shocked to see that I don't have a losing record against anyone other than blLL flo and I'm 0-1 against him. Before he left, I'd say that Nautica gave me the most fits with Arkansas, but we were only able to complete 1 game.​

My team has vastly exceeded my wildest dreams. I've only ever won 1 title before in any ODs so getting that was huge. Getting to a NCG is never even a goal of mine so that was an added bonus. But taking my team from a 3* to a 6* in 3 years, and watching it grow as my good recruits have finally started maturing from a mid 80s team to a 97 OVR team is a very gratifying achievement for me and way better than the title last season.​

I hate to give out bulletin board material, but you asked it. It's gotta be Masler 's Stanford team as I'm 5-1 against them. I haven't played anyone else enough other than UofCWildcat (with whom I'm 4-2) to warrant an "owning" tag.​

Question #5 If you could change one thing about the Experience what would it be?
    Tougher sliders.​

Question #6 Who is the one player that if they change this one thing they could be great?
    I don't really understand the question. It sounds like you're asking who would benefit the most from my wish of tougher sliders. I don't know if "who" is an ASU player or if "who" is an Experience team coach.​

Defense has always been our greatest strength. We have games from time to time, usually against a user, but sometimes against the CPU where we're incapable of stopping 1 phase of their game. It can be either the run ( Masler in the game where he beat me) or their pass ( Darkwing in our 1 game). Outside of that, my defense almost always plays very, very well. With the risk of sounding conceited, I don't know that we have a weakness other than when the defense occasionally can't stop another team, but that's pretty rare. Other than that, in some user games we can't get the ground attack working like it should.​

I expect us to challenge for the Pac12 title every year and to only get better and better as a team. I probably don't redshirt enough people for this, but I'd love to see us get to a 99 OVR team.​

Better option running/blocking. More competitive CPU teams on the field (ESPECIALLY in the 2nd half) and on the recruiting trails. Much fewer bugs than '12.​

Robbie Thomas. It just sucks donkey balls that he's gonna end up missing all of his SR season and how I wish we had fucking medical redshirts in this game! On the bright side, the #1QB from last season will most likely make me forget all about Robbie Thomas.​

Bonus Question -- Who is the player that you let slip away that could have changed your program for the better?
    dakota7 's HB Butler. All I've been able to sign are speed guys, but in my offline, I've had 3 Butlers for every Stephens and I'd KILL to have that on ASU too. The 1 cog that is currently missing on my offense (and maybe even my entire team) is a bruising back that will run over defenders. With someone like that, my offense would be very difficult to stop.​

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  3. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

I am impressed with the team jello1717 has built and the success dakota7 has sustained.​

Frikin' JCspartan2 and dakota7. 0-2 vs both of them, plus a sim loss to dakota as well. Also 0-2 vs Nautica...

Yes and no. We expected to compete for conference championships and we've done that. Once we got there, the goal has been a NC and we've fell short of that.

Darkwing, edge7771, UofCWildcat, and Masler. Each has given me some close games, but UGA is 17-0 vs everyone not named MSU, UW, or Nautica.

Not simming the 2015 National Championship.

I think a lot of us fall into tenancies too easily and it hurts in user games because the opponent catches on faster.

Our biggest strength is defensive line and passing game. The focal point of the offense has changed from year to year, but the defense has been strong throughout. Our biggest weakness right now is our FG kicker who actually kicks FGs for us.​

To win the NC this year. Depending on how many players bolt to the NFL, next year a NC could be a realistic goal as well.

More frequent injuries and more diamonds in the rough/busts in recruiting. I think this would help with the red shirting issue if guys were injured and more players had to play. But small injuries like bruised knee so your guy gets -1 speed/agility.

I've had fun using HB Corey Kimbrough, WR Rodney Lewis, and MLB Ron Robinson. Kimbrough was a stud anytime he touched the ball. Lewis is such a physical freak he is fun to use. And Robinson was my MLB for the last 4 years and turned out to be a great one.

Have lost a few CBs and Olinemen to dakota7, but our recruiting has been very good so plan B has worked very well.​

4. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I honestly think it's a tie between Dakota and Bill but Dakota gets the edge because of their head to head record.

Jello hands down. I haven't beaten him since 2013. That's a long time. I was 2-1 vs him back them. I'm 0-3 since. And I've been dominated in all those games. His defense is just fast. That's all. His offense is stoppable but his defense give me nightmares.​

I'd say yes and no. The record we have is unreal. Never did i think i'd be the first user to lock up a National Title but again, i never though i'd have a horrible record against users that i do. So vs the computer i say we've GREATLY exceeded expectations but vs users i've been far behind what i expected.​

Randy but that's solely based on the talent difference. Also i'm 2-0 against SEC teams other than Bill :D 0-3 vs Bill :oops:

Tougher sliders as well. I like having competition vs the computers but i hardly get that unless they decide to go God Mode​

I'll just approach this from myself i guess. If i could just change my love for giving the ball away i could be the best team in the OD.​

Strength: We're physical and like to get turnovers. Sometimes it bite me in the ass but we're ball hawks at the Zona Zoo. On offense, we've got a lot of talent at the Receiver position.​
    Weakness: As i said above, turnovers. Ikiaka Williams is the first QB i've had who fumbles the ball 50% of the time he's touched. It's infuriating. But besides that, I throw a lot of picks and get sacked too damn much.​

I honestly see the possibility of winning another National Title. It's very real to have that goal now. I just need to settle down and get the defense going a bit more. Need some better lineman and i'll be set.​

Where do i start?!?! There are so many things i want fixed. But the #1 thing i want fixed is the overall physics of this game. If my 285+ defensive lineman has a hold of your small as fuck runningback your guy goes down. Also i want the pass blocking to be fixed. I shouldn't have less than 3 seconds to pass and i definitely shouldn't have guards space out and leave my Center alone with a DT.​

All the banter is amazing. It's what makes this dynasty a million times more better than the one with my friends. This has been an excellent experience and i wouldn't trade it for any other OD​

Rodney Fuller. I was so ready for him to be the Arizona all time leader in passing and become a house hold name. Now he's a no name on the bench at Arizona St. I really needed that kid and he told me fuck off. I've never had that happen and don't know how to approach it.​

5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I know blLL flo and GoGators are both excellent players in this game (I found that out last release), but in this version I have been most impressed by jello1717 . He has beaten me more than any other user in this dynasty (twice) and given me the most competition on the recruiting trails. Well done sir.​

@jello1717​

My team has far exceeded my expectations. I was hoping to win one title....never thought I'd win three in a row.​

I hate this question.....but in all honesty its the entire B1G. JCspartan2 got me in the first B1G title game, but after that its been all Bucky.​

Lol.........shit, I'd change the way I handled my two disagreements with edge7771

If we're talking about coaches, JCspartan2 needs to protect the ball better.​

The play of both my lines has been outstanding and is the secret to my success.​

Our goal every year is to win the B1G.​

Improved CPU play, I'd like to see the CPU's playcalling logic completely revamped. We can use sliders to make the CPU better skill wise, but can't make them avoid stupid mistakes (Zero blitzes on 3rd and 20)​

HB Melvin Gordon was the man. He carried my offense and holds the all time rushing touchdown record at Wisconsin.​

I would've liked to have gotten Bryan Stephens, but realistically he wouldn't have made too much of a difference. We've been pretty good without him...lol.​

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

If you include the complete release then you should add your brief run as Utah coach in which I beat you, making our total record in '12 5-2 in your favor ;)

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

I have to give this one to edge7771, we have only played 2-3 times but he has given me fun games every time. Not to mention the guy keeps producing Heisman winners.​

@jello1717​

And much more. I have accomplished much more than I did with Bama in '11. Several CCG appearances with 2 victories both against a tough user. Made a National Championship appearance, my first, and had a great game but dakota7 was by the far the better team and I was just trying to keep myself in that one.​

In terms of users? Washington, not sure if they have beat me yet. I will also say Colorado, I am the only Pac-12 user to yet be beaten by them HAHA UofCWildcat jello1717

A little tougher CPU play, but not to the point where they are being ridiculous like they are on Heisman.​

@UofCWildcat, have a more balanced team and stop blitzing the shit out vs jello and I think you'll have a better shot at beating him.​

No secrets here that I love to run the ball and have a tough front seven. I have always been weak in the passing game, both offensively and defensively. I can't seem to cover deep throws from users and can't seem to pass very well against users, something I am still struggling to turn around. Old habits die hard.​

More CC victories. I'd like another shot at the NC. But I really want to become a user the others fear playing and I need to just get a bit better on the sticks and control my temper (and trust me it's come a LONG way) while playing before that happens.​

CPU No Huddle to be fixed so my team at least makes it to the line before the ball is snapped.​
    More competitive CPU on AA.​
    Recruiting to be more realistic outside of users. I.E. Texas, Florida, Ohio State, USC.....you get it.​
    Powerhouses to remain powerhouses....this 4-5 Oregon team has embarrassed themselves.​
    I really enjoyed my running game when I had Stepfan Taylor and Anthony Wilkerson.​

There was a WR that jello1717 got from me but he doesn't really stand out now (due to ASU not really passing alot) but if he had a chance with Stanford he could have been great.​

8. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

Hands down I have to give the nod to edge7771. He has built a solid program at Ole Miss. He has taken one of the worst programs in the conference and made them into one of the best while being ranked #4 this season. It's always harder when you don't have an elite program to start with and have to make those lower caliber recruits into impact players. I respect what he's doing over there. GoGators, you get an honorable mention here since I haven't played against you.​

@blLL flo. This isn't a question. 0-3 against my divisional opponent with the crushing OT loss the first time we played :(

No. You can apply that Mike Leach video UofC posted here.​

I don't believe I've lost to Kentucky. Other than that I don't have a losing record against the PAC-12. 2-1 with a lag win over Masler and a half-game loss to UofCWildcat. * jello1717, check yourself, you have a losing record against me, 0-1 ;)

I have 2 things. At times it feels like I'm with a group of professional gamers and the advance pace gets to be ridiculous. More often than not it's a good problem to have though. The main thing I would like to change is the ability to lose. Like the rest of you I'm trying to build the best program I can. It is rare to have the CPU beat us. Because of that when I get into a game like my one with Florida this season I feel like it's a must win. They deserved to beat me with the amazing HB they have but I hit a desperation hailmary at the half to keep it close for a comeback. If I took that loss like I have every season against the CPU then I would finish with 4-5 losses and my program would stay right at the same place while everyone else who normally finishes with 3 losses or less would improve. Leaving me further behind.​

I'll just give this one to UofCWildcat. If he'd stop throwing the ball so much.......​

Strength- My junior class. Weakness- My constant changing of offensive philosophies. I've really hurt myself in trying to build a program.​

I look to be a little more competitive against the big boys here. My team was crushed by blLL flo and dakota7 this season. They really exposed what pussies I have suiting up for me. I think it's time to focus on getting my team to become tougher. And as always, I expect to play in Atlanta.​

Fix the player awareness. I don't want my star MLB starring down a HB, unblocked, for the entire play while the HB runs right past my guy. Conveniently for EA, they wouldn't let me save the "highlight". But this applies for all defensive players. Watch the safeties not react on QB scrambles and etc..etc..etc. On the offensive side, when the fuck has a WR let a ball hit his helmet? Maybe once a decade or so. That needs to be cleaned up, we're not playing Pee Wee Football '12 here.​

My QB Powers hopefully has potential here. Right now it's my FS Pittman, he is everywhere for my defense. But to answer the question it is easily HB Rajion Neal. The guy made it fun to run the football.​

Well anyone I could have landed in the season or two before I joined with Tennessee. I hate being late to the party.​

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  9. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

BAHAHAHAHA I can go balanced but when i did i got called out for conforming. So i said fuck it. How am i supposed to win here?

10. Darkwing

Ummm....you're not

11. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

[​IMG]

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

You wanna know how to beat jello? Shoot me a PM

13. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

[​IMG]

14. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Actually i wanna amend my wish list number 1. My number one thing i want in NCAA 13 is some way to watch other OD games through the OD. It'd make this game the best thing ever

• Like Like x 1
  15. GoGators

This is a tough one. It'd be easy to just say Dakota, but I'm not sure. Going back to `11, he gained a reputation for dropping big games. He's clearly remedied that this release. Bill has flipped with Dakota, in `11 Bill was stronger but this year he's dropped a couple big games to Wisconsin. So I'm going to say Jello. Bill and D are both honorable mentions, but what Jello does in this game is pretty amazing.

This may be a surprise, but it's not Dakota. It's Jello. Over my career I've played the guy 3x and I'm yet to beat him.

Yes and no. Initially I would of guessed I'd have one conference championship to my name by this point. Instead, I haven't even been able to compete for one yet. Putting things into perspective though with the beast that Wisconsin has become, yeah I'm pretty happy with where I am. I've won majority of my user games and if I can just level the playing field against Wisconsin somehow....

Teams I'm undefeated against: Michigan, Stanford, Arizona, & Washington.

Difficulty. Content. Participation......I'm not sure this is everyone's #1 focus when it comes to video games.

@Randiesel75 - If he'd quit his job and focus solely on this game he'd be a monster.

Strength - Offensive philosophy
    Weakness - Talent

I expect to reach a point where I'm pushing Wisconsin for our division. So far he's had an easy going against the Wildcats, I just need to put some more pressure on him and hope he breaks.

WR blocking. Sped up shotgun QB run animations. Improved AI. Mid range passing (the ability to throw a ball behind the LBs and in front of the safeties). Short game passing. (The issue with the slot WR's is silly. In real life, slots typically dominate underneath with crisp routes against mismatches, not deep balls galore.)

Stephen Perkins - I love a CB I can trust on an island and Perkins was one of them.

The CB from Maryland that Tennessee stole from me this year. That guy would of started every year on campus and been a huge piece of my defense.

• Like Like x 2
  16. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

GoGators in my eyes has done the best job at NW. Taking a school without any football history and turning it into a power in the B1G is outstanding.

Outside of @Malser I think he's the only user to beat me by more than a TD and does it on a routine basis. He's my white whale blLL flo.

It has to the outside but in my eyes no. It was hard to build Ole Miss up playing in the SEC and against Bill, Darkwing, Natuica, every year and random users. Now I've got controller to make things tough. I feel I dropped a number of user games that could've been W's.

None, close W's and L's don't count as owned.

I'd like to see people take L's or close games better.

I'm not sure why him or what it is but I feel Big Suge Knight

My strength is balance on offense which is why I think I can run it like I do. Weakness is my redzone, redzone, redzone, redzone offense

I feel my team is getting stronger so I hope to be up near or at the top

The option I can't stand seeing QB's pitch the ball 2 inches from the ground with three defenders on him. Then have defenders start running backwards when the QB starts running up the field.

Ole Miss has had some very good players but I have to go with a current one, Kennard Todd.

I don't remember the QB but freakin Darkwing beat me for him when he was a soft verbal to me.

17. GoGators

I like this one the best. You've lost a couple games due to your red zone woes and settling for FG's rather than TD's. I've definitely been there before too. I've especially had difficulty with it in the past because with a shotgun spread offense it can get tough when you put 22 guys in a 15 yard box. The thing that has helped me is to get into a mindset just like real life play callers at the college and pro level. On their gameplan sheets you know they've got a single section labeled red zone. I think you have to figure out how you want to play in the red zone and go with it. You can't run you're full offense down there. You've gotta know your best 5-10 plays (aka your identity) and use that. It's too easy to get too fancy down there and get in trouble. As the saying goes, "Failing to plan is planning to fail." So make up a plan for the red zone and stick with it.

Hope that gives you something to think about.....and of course, beat Bill.

Oh yeah, I forgot to include CA in my write up too. I feel he's going to be a tough out in the SEC and dynasty overall.

18. Masler

Masler Moderator

You payed me back this season

19. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

which I was very suprised at

20. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Just seeing this now (tagging seems very intermittent as of late).

I wish, would be nice. It really stinks hanging up the cleats this year. Although I have a tough time competing, it is always fun playing my user games with this bunch and that will be the one thing I miss the most.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Darkwing

:) I hope he turns out to be a stud!

I'm not sure either. I have to believe you're talking about Jeff Lee though. This guy might transfer since he isn't seeing PT.

Screen Shot 2012-02-16 at 12.01.01 AM.png

22. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Playing Catch up here...

Snatched this from the Deuce. Figured it'd be good to get the focus off the other thread for a bit. Have at it boys:​

I've gotta give this one to Dakota. I got him in our first meeting but haven't since. Plus he has the most titles.​

Gogators pesky NU team has given my offensive line fits throughout this dynasty and I believe I have a losing record against him.​

No, but it isn't all my fault. I should have had a title in season 1 but lost it due to the transfer fail. Ive had some disappointing seasons, but I also lost a ton of talent after the first year.​

This year its been Michigan. I've lost twice, but I own the rest of the series. I have beaten Georgia in our only meeting, am 1-1 with Jello, and 2-0 against UofC. I think the only two teams I have losing records against are NU and Wiscy.​

I'd like to see more content on the boards, but we are all very busy so I don't expect much. I think our demographic of users have a little bit more of a life outside of this game compared to some of the other leagues around here.​

UofC needs to mix up the play calling. He is easily the most predictable guy I've played on here.​

My offensive line has killed me throughout the dynasty, despite having good talent at all other offensive positions. My defenses have beat phenomenal.​

I expect at least one national title, but unfortunately I have to go through the best team in the dynasty to do so. Still, I think my team has given him the closest games, so I don't count myself out.​

No bugs. Smarter AI. Most importantly I would like to see them get the animations cleaned up. They need to all operate at the same speed instead of some animations, such as the QB break tackle, running much longer than the others.​

On my team? I'd probably the original bulldozer, HB LeVeon Bell.​

HB Zach Bean who ended up at Arkansas despite that being a CPU controlled team.​