The Experience Power Rankings

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by UofCWildcat, Jul 31, 2012.

1. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  2. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Power Rankings Week 7:
    1) [​IMG]
    SMU has had a miracle season under Coach Jello. The sweep of the Oklahoma Schools brought a lot of eyes to the program but the guts of this team to pull through and upset minded SMU team and continued dominance of the Big XII proves that SMU is for real.​
    2) [​IMG]
    BYU is the only other undefeated team and they have done it in heroic fashion this year. Asides from a Week One domination of a powerful Maryland team, BYU has been down all 3 games and needed the calm, cool, collective nature of Coach Lambdin to hold down the fort. In pouring rains in Morgantown, or in the chaotic Fort Worth. BYU looks to have a lot of grit but they cannot live on the edge the entire season​
    3) [​IMG]
    Florida St came into the year as the top dog with a lot to prove. Coach Big Suge Knight needed to rally the troops and strive for much more than an ACC title. With National Title floating through Tallahassee, there were (and still) a lot of expectations. An early loss to Clemson is not good but FSU has shown they can win any game with all their games respectively close.​
    4) [​IMG]
    Kansas St has a lot of talent and they've surely been tested, but they are a team to be reckoned with. They could (and maybe should) be undefeated but a one point loss to a very underrated NC State team hurts the Wildcats a lot. Thankfully, wins over Texas and Oklahoma make Kansas St one of the top dogs in the Big XII.​
    5) [​IMG]
    Maryland started off the season by getting railed by BYU at home which spelled doom for the Terps. But Coach LSUTRUTH rallied the troops and they've been off to work ever since. Being undefeated and winning against WVU and winning 2 ACC games. Maryland has the chance to sweep the ACC but they've got FSU staring them down.​
    6) [​IMG]
    Georgia Tech has had a roller coaster ride of a season. With a big win over rival Georgia, followed by a close loss to Kansas St, then a win against Virginia, followed by a shutout loss to Miami, then Georgia Tech returned the favor Virginia Tech, and finally winning against Clemson (yes their season is as crazy as this run on sentence). Georgia Tech needs to stabilize their Ramblin' Wreck of a season.​
    7) [​IMG]
    NC State was probably the most underrated team with an unheard of coach from Arkansas (i'm guessing so please may i be right!). After a week one game against the Golden Domers, it looked like their season would be a long one as the Irish ran up the score on them. Since, they are 4-1 just losing to FSU last week. The Wolfpack though seem to be on the up with an easy schedule ahead.​
    8) [​IMG]
    Houston was not even on most people's radars to compete with their newly hired coach leaving for Europe and handing the duties to Mr. Sim. Houston though did well under their HC but 2-2 is not the best of spots. With Coach NIU back, hopefully Houston can learn their new system before they get into the meat of the conference schedule.​
    9) [​IMG]
    Baylor started out the season 0-2 and Coach Bill Flo was in a bad place in Waco. Thankfully though, Baylor has since reeled off 3 straight wins and things are looking up. With BYU next week and Kansas St in the same Division, Baylor will need some lucky breaks and a few heroics to fight for the Division crown.​
    10) [​IMG]
    North Carolina's season hasn't been the most pleasant. The season also started out with two heart breaking losses. First to Ohio St by 3, and to Florida State in Overtime. The Tar Heels would then get a 2 wins vs a few cupcakes followed by another heartbreaking loss to Virginia Tech in OT. The schedule doesn't really lighten up either with big games against rival NC State, Georgia Tech, and Maryland.​
    11) [​IMG]
    Virginia has had a rough year with their first 3 games decided by 3 points or less and only one win. Louisiana Tech brought a shocking reality to the Cavs and Coach Dakota. A solid 10 point win last week against Duke brought some confidence but they've got a fiery Maryland team staring them down this week.​
    12) [​IMG]
    TCU probably was the top dog of the entire dynasty. They were supposed to be in the top two of the entire league. But hard times befell the Horned Frogs, with a huge loss to Washington. TCU was a little shaken and it showed in their loss to Virginia. TCU's lay up game against newly added FBS member Texas St was a good first win but since, the Horned Frogs were about to beat the undefeated Cougars from Provo when they threw it away on a pick six. Then a shut out loss to SMU really brought a sobering affect to the TCU season. 1-4 was not a place they saw themselves but last weeks win against Iowa St puts them in a good place to try and recover.​

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  3. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

I was going to do this pre launch. But I wanted to wait a season here so I could get a grip on user skill and such. We could do like a Kiper/ McShay type power rankings next season if this interest you

• Like Like x 1
  4. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Let's do it man.

5. LSUTRUTH

Feel free to PM me we can hash out some details and such. Should be fun. I like this type of stuff

6. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Yeah it was a blasty blast for me doing this. I'll PM ya here in a few minutes.

7. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Week 8 is up to date

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

Nice job UofCWildcat. This makes for good reading material. Keep it up.

9. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Thank LSUTRUTH too. He's adding his input too.

10. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

UofCWildcat

Not trying to tell you how to do your thing here, but it might show up easier if you just show Last Week's Game and This Week's game one time.

You could have:

...UofC......LSU.....
    Rank-LW-Rank-LW-Team-Last Game-Next Game

It might fit all in one screen without having to scroll over. Again, just a suggestion. I like the content, so I'm just throwing it out there.

11. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

The way i did it as i did because our rankings will be different and those last and next games won't match up.

12. aarondramp

I see what you mean. I guess the only way to change it would be if you did an average ranking, but that wouldn't make much sense with just 2 people.

13. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

It's hard for us to debate then :D Like LSUTRUTH HOW THE FUCK DO YOU HAVE ME DROPPING 5 SPOTS INCLUDING BEHIND YOU WHO I DESTROYED?!?!?!

14. LSUTRUTH

You beat me with a team I had never used then dropped games to SMU and Baylor and I beat Baylor

15. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I only lost to Baylor. I'm 6-1 (after an Iowa St win)

16. LSUTRUTH

Still I beat them at Baylor. Rankings change all the time. We shall see.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  17. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I'm watching you. I could still get myself to a Division Crown if Bill loses two conference games. Or the lovely KSU beats Baylor, I beat KSU, Baylor beats me 3 way BCS ranking tie ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. aarondramp

I'm questioning the legitimacy of this ranker if he doesn't know who has won and lost games.

• Like Like x 2
  19. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I also love how LSUTRUTH uses the excuse that "you beat me because I've never used Maryland before" when it was the first game of the season so UofCWildcat hadn't played yet either!

It's pretty bad to make excuses for your losses, but I'm pretty sure that's the worst excuse I've ever heard before.

20. LSUTRUTH

Great thing is that it is an opinion

Happens. Fact of the matter is the he just lost. Expect an SMU tumble and a Houston rise

21. aarondramp

An opinion not based on actual wins and losses?

22. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

But it should be an opinion based on fact (he lost 1 game) and not error (you thought he lost 2).

I'm not even close to clear what you're saying here. What happens? Who just lost? UofC? He won this week, not lost. If not UofC, then how are we supposed to know who you're talking about when you quote a post about UofC and refer to "he?"

23. LSUTRUTH

UofC just lost to Baylor. I made the mistake of confusing your tourney game with him Jello as a dynasty game. Clearly an honest mistake. However I stand by my rankings. Like I said they are always subject to change.

24. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Houston is climbing and hoping for a XII title game bid. They control there own destiny.

25. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Baylor sucks tho