The Experience Season 2: Team Previews

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by JCspartan2, Aug 14, 2011.

1. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

After a tortuous season 1, thanks to EA, our eyes have turned to a fresh start in season 2.

Go ahead and give a short preview on your team for the coming season.

1) Did your team meet expectations during season 1? If not, what adjustments are you going to make?

2) Was the offseason kind to your team? Did you loose any major components of your team to the draft prematurely? How do you expect to replace those players and those that graduated?

3) What do you expect to be the focal point of your team for season 2? Defense? Offense? Passing? Running?

4) Recruiting-wise, were you as successful as you thought you would be? Or are there areas you would really like to improve upon?

5) What are your teams expectations for 2012?

2. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    1) Did your team meet expectations during season 1? If not, what adjustments are you going to make?
    Yes and No. We started slowly this past season and really struggled offensively. Towards the end of the season we got the run game going but quarterback play held us back in some key spots.
    2) Was the offseason kind to your team? Did you loose any major components of your team to the draft prematurely? How do you expect to replace those players and those that graduated?
    The losses of Roundtree hurts as he was our target in the passing game. But losing Demens will hurt my defense as I do not have much of a backup plan other than to shuffle some guys around.
    3) What do you expect to be the focal point of your team for season 2? Defense? Offense? Passing? Running?
    The running game will be more importnat than ever with the yout movement at the WR & TE positions. There is also a possibility of having a true Freshman Perry Riley at QB.
    4) Recruiting-wise, were you as successful as you thought you would be? Or are there areas you would really like to improve upon?
    The skill players I am bringing in have me excited. I like to bring in lineman on both sides of the ball but I did not really have "wow" type recruits interested in my program this year. I am in need of LBs in the offseason.
    Not sure until I see how the QB spot plays out. Defense played well last season but Demens was the key.

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

[​IMG][​IMG]

2012 Stanford Cardinal Football Preview

They exceeded expectations in all honesty, I never thought they would play so fluidly. This was a team effort even though there were some stanout players. We are going to try and play a bit better defensive ball this year though. Another area we could improve on is not having stalling drives in user games, to either put up at least 3 points or avoid 3 and outs.

Yes and no, we gained some great Freshmen WR and on defense. But we also lost Luck and some key players on our defense. The backups have some big shoes to fill but I am sure they can bring us some glory.

No comment.

Overall I am pleased my recruiting ability.

I am hoping to take another shot at the Pac-12 title and protect my Preseason #1 ranking.

4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

My guys greatly exceeded my expectations. We never lost a game after I took over (despite what Wisconsin's coach may think) and won the Pac12 title and the Rose Bowl. That has to exceed the expectations of everyone. Defensively we were extremely tough as we were the best defensive team in the country. During the year we were only able to implement about 60% of the offense I wanted to run and about 50% of the defense I wanted and sadly we're still a few years away from having the cogs necessary to rectify this, but we made due very well with the tools that we did have.

2) Was the offseason kind to your team? Did you lose any major components of your team to the draft prematurely? How do you expect to replace those players and those that graduated?
    We were massacred during the offseason. We lost a ton a SRs, plus we had our defensive MVP leave for the draft early. We lost so much talent that our team went from a 91 OVR all the way down to an 86 OVR (I'm not sure that I've ever seen a team drop that much in 1 year)! On top of that, recruits were used to the ASU of old so no one that was worth a damn signed with us. For the most part we just signed bodies and we're looking to add actual players in the next couple of years now that we've established our coaching staff into the minds of recruits.

Anyone that has ever played a team coached by me knows the answer to this already.

See #2 above.

Given the fact that lowly Northwestern is the only user team worse than the Devils (and yes, that includes the Huskies) my goal is to win enough games to not lose our 4th star and to start recruiting actual players that can build the team up for the future. There's roughly a 0% chance that we'll repeat as Pac12 champs, but we should still be able to make a bowl game.

5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

No. We were simply out matched in our Top 25 games and this is something we need to fix. Defense needs to hold down the fort better and offense needs to move the ball efficiently and without many turnovers.

Offseason had it's up and downs. Only on recruit was signed and it was tough to face. Lost a 4 star TE to Kent St (go figure). Didn't lose anyone early but we did lose Juron and Nick which were the main components to our offense. We have a great QB in Matt Scott and an amazing RB who spilt carries with Keola in Gregg Nwoko. Should be a fun year.

We're gonna do it all on offense. We won't be predictable like last year. We'll run at you. We'll pass at you. And we'll throw out a good amount of formations to confuse you. Defensively, we'll need some carrying of the offense the first few weeks. Matt hasn't played against another team in two years. We need him to get back to College Football speed.

I thought we exceeded expectations recruiting wise. We got some talented kids in Wesley Horton and Damion Smith who are from Arizona. Locking down Arizona is what we're working towards. Obviously Coach Jello is a force at ASU with his Sex pitches but we'll find another way to get our kids here.

In 2012 it's Pac-12 Champs or bust. We need to get to our first Rose Bowl in Arizona program history. It's dire right now that we get our butts in gear and get our prize. I always tell my team. The three P's to life and football are Passion, Panic, and the Prize.

6. jello1717

Good luck with that. EVERYONE knows that sex sells and we've got some really, really hot "hostesses" in Tempe.

7. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Not my fault you get all the babes of Arizona. Pissing me off.

8. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

After a tortuous season 1, thanks to EA, our eyes have turned to a fresh start in season 2.

Yes it did. After winning the Legends division, MSU looked ready to repeat as Big Ten champs. It would not be so however due to league politics, MSU was forced to lose the championship game and dropped from a national title contender to the Capitol One bowl, which it again was forced to lose.

We lost some very good JR talent in HB Edwin Baker, DT Jerel Worthy, and K Dan Conroy. Fortunately, we have lots of depth behind those guys that left early. Where we don't have depth though is at WR and we lost the top 3 WRs from last season, so expect to see a lot of new names.

Because of the loss of 3 WRs and QB Kirk Cousins, MSU will rely even more heavily on the run this season with LeVeon Bell, Larry Caper, and Nick Hill. MSU can run the ball and stop the run, an that usually bodes well.

We only had 11 scholarships to fill, so I'm not disappointed with the class, but I don't expect any of them to have a huge impact right out of the gate.

As tough as it's going to be with the young offense, we are shooting for the national title shot and what should have been ours a season before.

9. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

We had a lot of bumps along the way in year 1 going 6-7 and dropping to a 4* prestige. Some sim losses and EA gaffes set us back from having a record more along the lines of 8-5 or 9-4. There was some learning curve as well, but the offense finished the year strong and will look to carry that momentum into year 2.

Despite or poor season, we had a tremendous year on the recruiting trail. The class finished ranked #1 in the nation and included 13 Top 150 guys. 5*s Andrew Tompkins (WR), Shannon Stone (CB), and Corey Kimbrough (RB) will lead the team in the next few years.

I expect the offense to be strong this year. QB Aaron Murray is experienced and has some good targets to throw to including senior Tavarres King.

As mentioned above we were very successful recruiting, definitely more than expected. Losing a prestige star will hurt, but we plan to gain it back and get back to being a force on the recruiting trail again.

I think we should have a great season in 2012. We should contend for the SEC East crown and a chance to win the SEC title. If we can handle our business, we will have a big meeting in week 13 @ South Carolina. We also host preseason #1 Stanford in week 2 and get a trip to Wisconsin to meet up with a former rival coach.

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

Damn JCspartan2, two road trips to start the season? Putting my ranking to the test eh?

11. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Lol, when I actually got to play with my team...not on vacation or getting a transfer fail....I was very happy with my team. We performed the way I expected, for the most part.

HB Montee Ball made the jump to the NFL and who can blame him? The kid's a stud. Other than losing Ball, Bucky had a great offseason. We filled all our needs and built a lot of depth on offense. And with Ball's departure opening an extra scholarship, we were able to land 5 star TE Korey Ball, a stud receiving TE from Illinois, who we dropped early in the year after LSU pulled way out in front of us. LSU never offered this kid a scholarship, so in week 3 we swooped in and grabbed him. And with Ball's signing, Bucky added a pipeline into Illinois, the third new pipeline this season (Texas, Michigan and Illinois). Bucky finished with a top ten recruit class for the first time ever.

In Madison, Wisconsin we run the ball.

We missed a couple of key guys early last season, QB Perry Riley, who went to Michigan and CB Keith Fowlkes who went to Virginia Tech. Those were our biggest disappointments and both positions still need attention.

We always expect to challenge for the B1G championship and that is our most important goal.

12. texacotea

texacotea Walk On

We did meet the expectations and with some help from the BCS/EA we were able to make it to the MNC only to get screwed over so I guess it all evens out

Offseason was so-so, we lost our best CB and our best WR. With lacking depth at CB and failure to recruit there the way we needed its going to be a struggle for this yr. WR we have some good WR returning but nothing consistent as AJ

With Lattimore coming back and being the work horse of this team we will mainly rely on the run. Conner Shaw is a JR that has had game experience we will have a drop off in the passing game with the losses of AJ and Garcia. Defensive the front 4 will be stout, Devin Taylor is returning and JC will be on the other end. Our secondary will be the weak point and something we hope to mask.

Again the secondary is somewhere we def. need to improve and will be the #1 focus of this yrs class

Repeat as East division champs and hopefully win the SEC again

13. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Nope! We started out OK and got our 6 wins to make a 4th consecutive bowl game for the first time in school history but losing that bowl game and finishing 6-7 was less than desirable. For season 2 we'll look to have the HC in the coaching box more frequently which should help with the W/L record.

Not much to be said about the offseason. We lost QB Persa and a key CB, but clearly those guys didn't do as much as I needed them to last season so I'm not worrying about them any more. We've got some new guys stepping into some big roles this year and it's up to me to coach them up so they can succeed.

Taking a note from the most successful coach here.....no comment.

Recruiting started off great. I had the guys I wanted and my board was locked down, then, after being unable to get on DW for the entire 2nd half of the season, the assistant coaches (CPU) effed everything all up. How it didn't close on the remaining players on my board is beyond me and could hurt. The recruiting class ended up OK in the end, but it should of been better.

For 2012 the Wildcats will aim to get to a 5th straight bowl game and hopefully add that 3rd prestige star back to the school. In other words, we're going to try to NOT get the HC fired!

14. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Well exceeded expectations with a middle of the road team. Never thought a Heisman trophy would come to Ole Miss so soon or ever.

Lost three to transfer and my only punter to the NFL and with limited offers will be hard to replace.

Just keep trucking like last year.

Not really didn't have enough offers. Improve in the back seven.

Get into a BCS bowl game

15. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

1. Did your team meet expectations during season 1? If not, what adjustments are you going to make? The Washington Huskies had a miserable season and dropped a prestige in doing so. To say that we did not meet expectation is an understatement. The team had a real difficult time in passing the ball which resulted in almost being too predictable. Then, late in games when down there were too many forced passes which resulted in an absence amount of interceptions on the season.
    2. Was the offseason kind to your team? Did you lose any major components of your team to the draft prematurely? How do you expect to replace those players and those that graduated? Not a bad offseason for the Huskies. Relatively speaking, the offseason saw some very nice prospects come into the program for the team. While losing a prestige is going to affect us in the coming years, we really need to ensure we don’t slip further then we have this past season.
    3. What do you expect to be the focal point of your team for season 2? Defense? Offense? Passing? Running? No comment
    4. Recruiting-wise, were you as successful as you thought you would be? Or are there areas you would really like to improve upon? Everyone of our top prospects slated on the board were signed. I believe we only lost 2 battles during the recruit timeline. So overall we are happy at the moment
    5. 5) What are your teams expectations for 2012? We can only go up from here, so we would like to finish the year over .500 while we rebuild.

16. jello1717

I just finished season 2 of my offline dynasty.

No pressure Dakota............

[​IMG]

17. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

You got smoked by Ole Miss.

18. jello1717

Yeah. They worked me big time! The worst part of it is that I was ranked #19 before the game (which is high enough to keep my 5th star of prestige) and that loss dropped me to 9-5 and knocked me out of the top 25 which knocked me down from :5stars: to :4stars: . :( Now I need to work on regaining my 5th star before I can worry about gaining a 6th.

Now that that little subject change is out of the way, I expect you to win the NC this season. If the CPU can do it and you can't, then you're clearly an inferior coach.

• Like Like x 1
  19. GoGators

What settings are you using in your offline dynasty that have made you go 9-5?

20. jello1717

My record was partly due to sliders and partly due to my brutal schedule. I played: (rank when I played them/final rank)
    #2/#6 Alabama (19-38L)
    #15/#4 Notre Dame (35-42L)
    #4/#3 Boise State (43-32W)
    #6/#13 Michigan State(38-14W)
    #7/-Nebraska(16-28L)
    #2/#12 Illinois!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (48-14W)
    -/-Ohio State (28-21W) (unranked, but still a better team than mine)
    #2/#1 Wisconsin(24-45L) CCG
    #18/#14Ole Miss(7-41L) Capital 1 bowl

These are the sliders I use:
    All American
    30 threshold
    Normal Speed (I played slow in '11 and if I didn't have to switch between my offline and this OD in '12 I'd probably do slow again)

USER/CPU
    QBA: 25/50
    PB: 55/50
    WRC: 50/55
    RBA: 50/55
    RB: 50/65***

PC: 50/50
    PR: 45/45
    INT: 50/50
    RD: 25/40
    TKL: 50/50

FGP: 45/45
    FGA: 30/45
    PP: 40/50
    PA: 40/50
    KOP: 45/50

*** I played about half a season with the CPU RB @ 70 (and my RD @ 30) and gave up too many 200-300+ rushing performances so I moved these down to 65 and 25. I still give up too many rushing yards so I may move these down to 60 and 20 in the future.

21. jello1717

22. GoGators

I seen those for the first time today too. They are sweet! I'm not sure if it's in the game or not, but I noticed on the back (I guess quarter panel) of the yellow helmets, they have a medium sized Pac-12 sticker and the old Sparky logo on the other. Pretty cool looking too.