The First Annual "SE MVP Award"

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by LeGeNd RiPs, Dec 9, 2009.

1. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

The First Annual "SE MVP Award"

The finalists for SEMVP have been released!

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8 Column 9
    SCHOOL PLAYER POS PASSING RUSHING RECEIVING DEFENSE S/T
    UF John Brantley QB 187.5 - 230/334 - 3871-30/14 94-51-0 0 0 0
    Tenn BJ Coleman QB 197.1 - 237/361 - 4239-42/10 55-(-49)-1 0 0 0
    Clem Jamie Harper RB 0 337-1877-16 18-181-0 0 0
    Terps Davin Meggett RB 0 311-1501-25 37-671-7 0 0 0
    Aub Harry Adams WR 0 27-258-2 70-1720-18 0 1118 yds 2 TDs
    VT Jarrett Boykin WR 0 0 120-2382-22 0 0
    UF Deonte Thompson WR 0 11-104-4 73-1441-12 0 0
    Clem Bryce McNeal WR 0 0 59-1019-9 0 0
    UNC Christian Wilson TE 0 0 80-1312-20 0 0

(attempts/receptions-yards-TDs)

Thanks for reading.

*Note: Stats will be updated weekly, so keep you're eye on 'em and be ready to vote!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  2. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

Nice Post!

3. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

Great stuff

Marlon Brown had a little bit of a down week this week but should be in the thick of it come the end of the year

4. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Good job - its nice to see what the other users are doing in SE.

5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Awesome work Legend! If I can make one suggestion though, I think if you created a table for the players and their stats, I think it'd be easier to track and follow. Then you can still provide a short analysis on key players, obviously some will be more deserving than others as the season progresses.

If you want some help with creating the table, just say so and either I or someone else here can help you out if needed.

6. GoGators

I think my favorite part of this, UNC's star player is getting media attention his coach doesn't want him to have. If the high school recruits could hear this, I'm sure it'd have some effect on his recruiting :)

7. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Tableized for ya.

If you want to use this, just quote my post and then copy the part between [START] and [END] and paste it into your original post.
    [START]
    The finalists for SEMVP have been released!

TEAM PLAYER NOTES
    Bama [/COLOR][/U][/B]Star Jackson [/U][/I]Jackson is having a great junior year. He has completed 58 out of 91 passes for 858 yards and 7 touchdowns. He has also been utilized in the rushing game carrying the ball 36 times for 165 yards and 2 touchdowns. He also has an incredible 76 yard touchdown run! Don't sleep on Star!
    Aub [/COLOR][/U][/B]Tyrik Rollinson [/I][/U]The redshirt sophomore wasn't the starter at the beginning of the season, but week two, Coach Knight opted for a change, and what a change it was. Rollinson is having a monster year compiling 1229 yards passing on 106 attempts. He is averaging 307 yards a game! He's also having a great year running the ball with 218 yards and 6 touchdowns.
    Clem [/COLOR][/U][/B]Jamie Harper [/I][/U]The all-American has lived up to the high expectations! Harper is having an incredible year, leading the NCAA with 1055 yards rushing! He also has 9 touchdowns. He's a great combination of speed and power. His big 239 pound frame makes it hard for any defender to bring him down.
    UF [/COLOR][/U][/B]John Brantley [/I][/U]The senior is having a great year completing 73% of his passes for 1367 yards and 13 touchdowns. He shows great leadership on and off the field and is a true asset to this Florida team.
    FSU [/COLOR][/U][/B]Nigel Bradham [/I][/U]Okay, the senior team captain is having a monster year on defense. He leads his team in tackles, ints, forced fumbles, and fumble recoveries. He has compiled 45 tackles, six for loss, 1 sack, 3 interceptions, 2 forced fumbles, and 2 fumble recoveries!
    UGA [/COLOR][/U][/B]Marlon Brown [/I][/U]The junior is having a good year catching the football. 32 receptions for 618 yards and 8 touchdowns.
    LSU [/COLOR][/U][/B]Russell Shepard [/I][/U]Great duel-threat quarterback. He could be a real problem for some defenses down the road. The sophomore has 1178 passing yards this season and 11 touchdowns. He has 175 yards rushing with 1 touchdown. And 2 forced fumbles? Maybe there's a DB somewhere in there!
    Terps [/COLOR][/U][/B]Davin Meggett [/I][/U]Meggett is definitely the standout for Maryland. He is having a monster senior season carrying the ball 139 times en route to 711 yards and an amazing 12 touchdowns. He averages 5.1 yards per carry. He also has 238 yards receiving and 3 touchdowns.
    Mia [/COLOR][/U][/B]Jacory Harris [/I][/U]1626 yards and 11 touchdowns through the air, the senior QB has led his team for 3 years as a starter. Can he finish strong and win the prestigious SEMVP award?
    UNC [/COLOR][/U][/B]Christian Wilson [/I][/U]No surprises here, this monster Tight end has destroyed defenses all season and has 9 touchdowns to prove it.
    Tenn [/COLOR][/U][/B]BJ Coleman [/I][/U]Billy "BJ" Coleman is having a great senior season! He leads the league in passing yards with an incredible 1,780 yards and has 13 touchdown passes! We'll see if he can keep it going.
    VT [/COLOR][/U][/B]Jarrett Boykin [/I][/U]Boykin has given defenses some real trouble. He's having an incredible senior year and, at the pace he's going, he will shatter the school record for receiving yards in a season!

Thanks for reading. Next Update will come out Conf. Championship week and thats when the voting will take place. Let me know what you guys think.
    [END]

8. LeGeNd RiPs

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the input. And thanks jello for saving me some time! Any more ideas or suggestions please post. I'm definitely open to any!

9. GoGators

Great work. Just to clarify though, I think you should just put the stats in the table. This way you can see how many yards rushing this guy has compared to that guy and stuff like that.

Keep the write up you did, but pull the write up stuff out of the table and just provide the one line analysis on the players outside of the table, leaving the stats in the table.

Then, you can easily come back and update the table as the stats change throughout t he year without neededing to rewrite your analysis every week.

I think it will make it easier for you and make it easier for everyone to compare.

Do you agree?

So for instance,

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    School Player Passing Rushing Receiving Defense S/T
    Bama Star Jones 59/81 879 yds 6 TDs 45 car 326 yds 2 TDs 0 0 0

10. LeGeNd RiPs

I know this might seem bias, but Meggett's got my vote! He just knows how to find the endzone! He just plain scores!

11. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Well since Tyrik went down this week, I think Harry Adams should take his place..

12. LeGeNd RiPs

Yea. He will. I'll do it tonight when i get home

13. LeGeNd RiPs

ALL UPDATED! sorry for the wait guys

14. LeGeNd RiPs

Lets get some more posts in here guys. Discuss who you think is gonna win!

15. GoGators

Looks good Legend, can you add the position these guys play next to their names?

16. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

I think Brantley is in good position now at this point in the season, he has a big game coming up this week against Georgia who has 8 INT in their last 2 games.

Jamie Harper stats are pretty dang good also and the two WR Georgia Marlon Brown and Virginia Tech Jarret Boykin are on pace to go well over 1200+ and 12+ TD a piece

17. GoGators

Thanks for the Brantley shout out. It leaves me wondering if you're just trying to get in my good graces before next weeks throwdown. Did you issue a gag order for your team 2 weeks prior to the UF game? Don't say anything but compliments about UF??? haha

Harper has sick stats, he's on pace for 2000+ yards. He's got a lot of tough games coming up though so it'll be interesting to see if he can keep up that pace.

Marlon Brown and Boykin I think are long shots. It's just tough as a WR to dominate because teams will start to take that key guy away.

I think BJ Coleman has ridiculous numbers right now. He's probably the guy I'd put out in front. Jacory Harris is close too, but I haven't heard much from Miami to hype him that much.

How about FSU? All the coaching struggles have left that team in ruins. Their best player statistically is on the defense???

18. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Wow! I can't believe no one has mentioned Christian Wilson! I thought that the lack of posting was because everyone knew that he was the early favorite. Apparently, that's not the case, so for the uneducated amongst you, here's why he's the current MVP:

1. He's putting up WResque numbers as a freakin' TE!

2. He's done this on the road instead of the confines of his friendly stadium (5 of his 6 games have been on the road)

3. He's done this against users as opposed to padding his stats against the hapless CPU (4 of his 6 games have been against users).

4. He has outperformed everyone on this list head-to-head that he's faced except for Harper:
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Opponent Wilson's numbers Other guy Other guy's numbers
    Georgia 6 rec, 87 yards, 2 TD M. Brown 3 rec, 58 yards, 0 TD
    Alabama 5 rec, 53 yards, 1 TD S. Jackson 17/20, 280 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT, 6 car, 9 yards
    Virginia Tech 9 rec, 151 yards, 1 TD J. Boykin 5 rec, 63 yards, 0 TD
    Clemson 6 rec 82 yards, 1 TD J. Harper 27 car, 156 yards, 1 TD, 3 rec, 49 yards

5. He's leading the nation in receiving TDs!
    Based on that, it's down to Wilson and Harper in my book.

19. LeGeNd RiPs

Updated. Sorry again guys. Give me some more suggestions of anything else you think I can do to make this a great addition to the dynasty. I think this could be very, very, successful! Just need some more suggestions! So post post post!

20. LeGeNd RiPs

Ok, i don't at all see how Davin Meggett isn't in any of these discussions! He has 15 all purpose touchdowns, more than anyone in the league, and he's on pace for a 1500 to 2000 yard season, maybe more! I can't believe no one is even considering him! I know he's on my team but come on! He just scores points!

21. GoGators

Christian Wilson can go play hoola hoop for all I care. I've got backups on my UF squad more deserving then him! hahaha

Nah, Wilson's had a solid first half. His TD's are carrying him, but he's really lumped in with Boykins (receptions) and Brown (yards). Plus, he's an unglamorous TE on a crappy team. Wilson won't win the MVP for the same reason Suh won't win the Heisman.

22. GoGators

LOL! Look at everyone jumping on their soap boxes for their own players haha this is histarical. This thread should definitely generate some discussion.

It's obvious that at the end of the season, when we create the voting poll, there will need to be a rule that doesn't allow you to vote for your own guy.

23. LeGeNd RiPs

Agreed! I'm just saying, how does no one see it!? Ha! The stats don't lie!

24. GoGators

I moded the table again. I tried to make it more comparable. I'm not sure if I acheived that. What do you think Legend? If you don't like it I'll put it back the way it was.

25. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I like how Russell Sheppard is gettin the glory only sophomore talk when Rollison is also a Soph and was puttin up better numbers. But one thing now is that Sheppard is playin while Rollison is in a sling..