The first thing you are going to do when you get NCAA '12 is:

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Kasper, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I'm curious..

2. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

drive home

• Like Like x 3
  3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Diggin the deepness of the story bra.

4. Wick36

If you wanted to know what I will do after I've come home and popped the game into the XBOX...

I'll probably play some online games with friends who get it at midnight, followed by the beginning of an offline dynasty where I will choose a power team without CC to test out recruiting this year a bit. After that I'll probably go to sleep.

In the morning, I may continue the dynasty and try to develop a set of sliders, or I will play some online matches.

5. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

My first thing I do is to go to the rosters and sort though to find who's the best in the nation at all the attributes. Then I'd play some online games, either ranked or against some TSOers. Then begin a Road to Glory. And in the middle of all that I'll edit FSU's roster as well as my dynasty team's rosters (Utah and UCF) so I can get used to them.

• Like Like x 1
  6. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

I'm gone hit the practice field and start messing with playbooks to set me up a nice one..The next day i will probably be playing someone from TSO(I hate playing any other guy online, we all know way)

7. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

First thing I do is start a dynasty, then hit the practice field. Maybe some unranked games thrown in, especially if I can set some up with sim TSOers.

8. Koach Vonner

Koach Vonner Walk On

Set up my custom Playbook (Could Take Awhile) and start playing with guys from TSO or with my athletes.

9. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Practice Mode!

10. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

Set up a dynasty, sign up for the service that lets me advance online, and do nothing but NCAA while I'm at work on Tuesday. Just recruit, sim, and advance, so I can test out recruiting.

11. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Cal vs. Stanfurd ... It's the first thing I do every year. Go Bears!!

12. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Custom playbooks + practice field to test it out. Prune the bad plays, remember the good ones, and make it perfect. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Then wait eagerly for my first ever OD.

13. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Probably exhibition my league team against Western Kentucky to gain some confidence for the season.

• Like Like x 1
  14. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

This. I will found out what works to fit what I like to do and then fashion a playbook around it. After that I will find what non custom playbook I like the best for league play.

15. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Just add the rosters to UGA and Purdue

16. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

For league play, the league I'm in right now is allowing custom playbooks, once they're checked over. So maybe you'll be able to do the same. Be a shame to have this great new feature and not be able to use it online.

• Like Like x 1
  17. The Natural

As someone who plays a good bit online I'm not too excited about it to be honest. It's going to be a major defensive headache.

18. ChampDawg

ChampDawg Walk On

practice with South Carolina, the team I use in the NDL. Basically tell Stephen Garcia "get the ball, turn around and hand it to Marcus!"

19. Wick36

Why do you say that?

The formations would be in the game anyway. For the most part, anyone can get a book very close to their ideal book.

20. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

How so? Sim player will run a scheme, so you will have the same defensive issues as any other year trying to play a good chess match, and the cheesers are going to cheese with or without them, most cheesers will probably have unbelievably predictable playbooks as well.

I agree with setting up a playbook, I will make about 3 playbooks(my pistol/shotgun wing spread book, then a west coast book, and then option run book) and tinker with the plays to get a set up that I can use to create deception with motion/pre snap looks.

21. The Natural

I disagree. An Air Raid Playbook won't have the same formations as a Options Playbook. The variety of plays that can be achieved with custom playbooks far outclasses even a multiple playbook.
    The large majority of players online aren't sim. Just because something may be predictable doesn't mean it's easy to stop. Stopping 8 plays out of five wide is a lot easier than trying to stop 30.

22. Wick36

I thought you were talking about online dynasty games here for whatever reason.

23. Erik the Red

Erik the Red Walk On

Probably read the box for a second, then I'm most likely going to take off the plastic wrap and then maybe turn on my xbox and possibly put it in? can't wait to find out.

24. The Natural

I could have been more clear, I was speaking specifically about ranked games online. In any of the OD's here custom playbooks will be a great addition.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Daplaymaker

Daplaymaker Walk On

work on my custom playbook, then play some online games.