The First Thing ...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

... I'm going to do with the game when I get it, is ...

Make a playbook. I've been waiting a long time for this feature. I can't wait to try it out.

• Like Like x 1
  2. jca312

jca312 Walk On

That's what I'm gonna do too. Should be fun to play around with the new features and see how everything works.

3. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Start an offline dynasty as a coordinator with the hogs. Test out anything new in the dynasty

4. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

First thing I am gonna fo is NOT open the seal on the game.....I got so burned out all my leagues just finished up this week....I need a damn breather....with the tso tourney and waiting on loves roters it will be a nice vacation.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I'll open mine and start and offline as soon as I get a decent roster set... But a minor break will be nice... Look forward to the kick off and hope I make Sim-Nation proud picking me... Plan to rep the Nation proud in the tourney...

6. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

I'm going to pick it up at 10:00 AM and take the whole day off playing the game. I'll start by naming and fixing Michigan State's roster and then taking my Spartans online to whoop some ass. I'll launch my offline dynasty about 4 days in when the first semi-complete set of rosters come out. Speaking of rosters ... I'll start another thread.

In any case, I hope to be 15-5 by the end of the week when we start to see some completed rosters.

7. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

I'm a bit nervous about how much time I'm going to waste, er, devote to perfecting my playbook. I predict many, many late hours being put in!

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'm pretty ashamed of the number of practice hours I put in trying to find the perfect book last year. This year, it'll increase by a power of ten - my time and my shame.

9. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

I've spent a ton of time in practice mode over the years. I really wish they would enhance the practice mode options. I'd like to see:

• Better play-calling options. When the CPU runs a defense (on random select), I'd like to be able to tell them to run that D again on the next play.
    • Scrimmage options. I'd like to be able to run a scrimmage in addition to just single plays.
    • Stats! I'd love to see some post-practice stats on the plays I ran and my team's performance with various plays or formations.
    • Defensive setup - I'd like to tell the CPU to throw the ball to the same route every time so that I can work on my pass defense and positioning. I'd also like to be able to run some positioning drills (absent the rest of the team) to get positioning right.

10. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

Picked up the game, customized the MSU playbook, went online and Edwin Baker ran for 308 yards as the Sparties defeat Florida State 31-14.

11. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Finding it very difficult to get all the plays and formations I want with the play limit of my playbook. Have resigned myself to the fact that it's just going to be a work in progress for a few seasons.
    Loving the feature though. It's a lot of fun and even better was laughing at egofailure trying to put his together until the wee hours of the morning.

12. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

[​IMG]

Haha, it definitely isn't easy fitting everything you want in your PB, but the process is just as fun as it is frustrating. I think it's impossible to nail it perfectly so soon; we're all going to improve our offense as the year progresses. I'm looking forward to seeing just how creative people get, i.e. putting together Wildcat or Pistol sets together for their agile backup QB.