The Five Horseman: Colt Rookie watch

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by publik drunk, Oct 17, 2014.

1. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

As thrilled as I am with the off-season and draft we had in Indianapolis, I have decided to follow my five new rookie starters throughout the season, updating their statistics and getting some sweet screenshots of their big plays. Most teams would be scared starting 5 rookies, but with the caliber players we got, we welcome it. Enjoy!

2. publik drunk

Preseason: Meet the Players
    Time to meet the players we are all worked up about. Out of our 9 picks five will be starting week 1. So here they are:

[​IMG]
    Taken with the 8th overall pick, Mccown is a physical monster. He dominated at FSU and coaches are excited to see how he translates into the pro game. A very popular
    Guy with the fans as well as he is already amongst the top jersey sellers for the Colts. Adding him will allow TY Hilton to move into the slot, where he is more comfortable playing.

[​IMG]

Drafted with the 8th pick in the 3rd RD, Scott is a beast in every since of the word. He will be starting day one and hopes to improve that porus run defense from a year ago. Also coming in with superstar development he should develop into a star

[​IMG]
    The Colts 2nd Rd pick has alot of upside. He will get the start day one and looks to improve the Colts running game.

[​IMG]
    Taken in the 5th RD, Lawson seems to be a steal. He will be starting at the other DE position opposite Scott. He has been one of the surprises of the off-season as the team was worried how his game would carry over to the next level coming from such a small school. Soo far so good.

[​IMG]
    With the 6th rd pick they got from the Rams, the Colts may have gotten a future pro bowler. Another small school kid that came out of nowhere, Gilbert has Superstar development and has been wowing coaches
    In practice. He will be starting right away and make the Colts forget about the TRich fiasco.

• Like Like x 2
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 2
  3. publik drunk

Week 1
    Had to work super early the next day so I missed out on any screenshots, but I'll give a little recap on each player.

Khari Mccown: As advertised Mccown was a big time playmaker. 6 receptions 126 yards and a 39 yard TD catch. Coaching staff was pleased with Mccown's performance.

Grayson Scott: Scott had a rough welcoming to the NFL. He was only involved in one tackle, and really struggled getting penetration against the Texans.

Trip Pruitt: Really struggled as expected against a good D line. Saw him a couple times running downfield on running plays with no idea who to block.

Cuiney Gilbert: Rookie blues for this rb. The Colts had a 13-10 lead before half and all the momentum when he put the ball on the ground leading to a Texan score. Only 48 yards on 16 carries and the fumble was killer.

Gussie Lawson: Much like Scott he was overmatched. Only coming up with one tackle. Didn't really create much pressure either.

Overall about what we expected for the first game. These guys will grow and get better with development, but until then it's going to be frustrating.

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Gilbert will be fine, obviously the low carry is the biggest concern but it's a gift and a curse for him until you can improve on that aspect of this game. McCown is a monster though...he's gonna be a stud for years to come.

• Like Like x 1
  5. publik drunk

Yeah been able to up his carry to 75 and gonna keep dumping his points into it

• Like Like x 1
  6. publik drunk

Week 2
    [​IMG]
    Khari Mccown: Had another solid day as he hauled in 6 catches for 86 yards including the 34 yard touchdown pictured above. Really liking what we are seeing from this young man.
    Season Stats: 12 rec 212 yards 2TD

[​IMG]
    Cuiney Gilbert had a great game especially in the first half. He finished with 20 carries for 79 yards 2TDs and most importantly no fumbles. We have been able to up his carry rating to 80 and are continuing his development.
    Season Stats: 36 car 127 yards 2TD 1 fumble lost

Trip Pruitt: Had a good game, didn't allow a sack and didn't see many missed blocks. Solid start for him.
    Season Stats: No sacks allowed

Gussie Lawson: Is still struggling adapting being held to only one tackle. Did have a nice QB pressure at one point though.
    Season Stats: 2 tackles

Grayson Scott: Really starting to see what he can do. 4 tackles and a sack on top of numerous QB hurries. Really excited about his future.
    Season Stats: 5 tackles 1TFL 1sack

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 1
  7. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

I was a big fan of your draft, man. Draft envy.

• Like Like x 1
  8. publik drunk

Yeah I was very lucky on a couple the players. Only being able to unlock letter grades makes it a big crapshoot

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. publik drunk

Week 3
    The Colts finally got off the schnide and broke into the win column in week 3 thanks to some key plays by their rookies. Hopefully they can carry some of that momentum over.

[​IMG]
    Khari Mccown: Mccown had 6 receptions for 156 yards including a game tying 18 yard grab with 3 minutes left. This rookie is on a great pace so far averaging 122ypg with 3TD.
    Season Stats: 18 rec 368 yards 3TD

[​IMG]

Cuiney Gilbert: Gilbert was shut down in the running game with 17 carries 44yards but also pulled in 4 receptions
    For 54 yards.

Season Stats: 53 carries 171 yards 2TD- 7 receptions 93 yards

Grayson Scott: 3 sacks. Grayson got alot of pressure and a couple of the sacks were on key 3rd downs.
    Season Stats: 8 tackles 4TFL 4sacks

Trip Pruitt: Rookie RT didn't stand out which is a good thing at this point.
    Season Stats: 0 sacks allowed 0 pancakes

Gussie Lawson: Only had two tackles in the game. Still adapting to the pro game.
    Season Stats: 4 tackles 1TFL

• Like Like x 1
  10. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

publik drunk

Nice block in the back in the 2nd picture :meh:
    Wanted to shut down Khari but he kept making plays

• Like Like x 4
  11. publik drunk

LOL didn't even see that. Must have been why he got 11 of his 47 yards on that carry haha.

Yeah Khari has really opened the offense for
    me. Figures he would have a big day against you since your an FSU fan :)

12. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I like what you are doing here publik drunk , might have to do my own rookie thread ..... With sadly many less highlights and stats lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. publik drunk

Figured it was a good way to contribute until
    I can start winning games lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I'm not sure if I suck or I just can't beat good teams yet ? So I guess I will do likewise

15. publik drunk

Week 4
    The Colts were able to get their second win of the season in not so pretty fashion against Jacksonville so let's see what the rookies did.

[​IMG]
    Khari Mccown- 6 receptions 87 yards including this reception on 3rd down which allowed the Colts to run the clock out.

Season Stats: 24 receptions 455 yards 3 TD

Cuiney Gilbert- 24 carries 52 yards
    Not much running room out there for him in this one. Did just enough to keep the D honest but really was a struggle.

Season Stats: 77 carries 223 yards 2TD, 8 receptions 98 yards

Trip Pruitt- So far has just been a big ass body in the way. Still no pancakes or allowed sacks on the year.

Grayson Scott- 3 tackles He still has been playing solid for us. Creates alot of pressure on both run and pass plays.

Season Stats: 11 tackles 4TFL 4 sacks

Gussie Lawson: 2 tackles 1 sack. GUSSIE finally got to the QB for the first time this year. Guys improving but has along way to go yet.

16. publik drunk

Week 5
    The Colts won their 3rd straight as they took on the San Antonio Marshalls. Rookies had and up and down day for the squad though.

Khari Mccown- Didn't get in the endzone but was the main reason the Colts did. Catching 7 passes for 107 yards including this one handed between the legs catch:

[​IMG] Season Stats: 31 receptions 562 yards 3 TD.

Cuiney Gilbert- 21 car 83 yards TD. Gilbert had a decent game against the Marshalls especially late.
    Season Stats: 98 car 306 yards 3 TD, 9 receptions 101 yards

Trip Pruitt- once again the big dumb animal doesn't allow a sack or get a pancake.

Grayson Scott- 2tckl 1sack. Dude can pressure the QB in a hurry. Wish EA kept track of hurries and QB hits.

Season Stats- 13 tackles 5TFL 5 sacks

GUSSIE LAWSON- 1 tackle. Dude needs alot of work

Season Stats: 7 tackles 2TFL 1 SACK.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

WTH team is that? lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Owner moved the Titans to San Antonio and changed the name. :bag:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

So you are saying you are going to do this all cycle?

• Like Like x 1
  20. publik drunk

Never really thought about that. Will probably keep some running tabs on the guys but not a weekly update after year one on all 5.

21. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

That was a joke about how you will never win games. Lol

22. publik drunk

Lol clever guy

• Agree Agree x 1