The Flashback Next Cycle

Discussion in 'The Flashback' started by TheRealHalupka, May 30, 2013.

1. TheRealHalupka

TheRealHalupka Walk On

Anyone have any thoughts on some procedures for the next release cycle?

A couple that came to mind are starting with 4 star or lower teams and also limiting the amount of 4 and 5 star players that can be signed by an individual team (looks like the game might limit this for us).

Also I'm guessing conference realignment will be in the game so SunofGod5 welcome to the ACC unless you would like to stay in the Big East as one of the newly added schools.

great33 jared16evans hornfaninbama @qclassic22

2. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Could we toss the Big East and use a different conference? Nothing against it, I just don't like the Big East. It's probably just my personal bias, but I would love to see the Big XII as another conference. I know it only has 11 teams but we could add a geographic match (Houston, SMU, LA Tech, Boise) to get to 12 and a title game. It has lots of 4 star programs, and everyone, outside of Texas and OU are pretty even talent wise. All the schools start with a Texas pipeline so there's no (dis)advantage. And it should be easier to get people to join later after the inevitable drops in September. If I had a choice between 2 dynasties and I had a choice of Baylor or Pitt, I'd go with Baylor every time.

4 and lower prestige is the way to go. That way everyone starts out with the same recruiting limitations and rosters that are pretty even. And the recruiting restrictions are a good idea. But since we all start out at the same level they should taper as you go.

3 stars: 1 :5stars: and 5 :4stars:
    4 stars: 2 :5stars: and 6 :4stars:
    5 stars: 3 :5stars: and 7 :4stars:
    6 stars: 4 :5stars: and 8 :4stars:

I've played with restrictions like that before. They do a good job of keeping parity but allowing a little advantage every time you move up in prestige. I've also seen where the limits come off after you hit 6 stars in prestige, but we've seen firsthand how well that works.

3. TheRealHalupka

TheRealHalupka Walk On

Great input hornfaninbama . I think the original reason behind the Big East and ACC and not the Big XII and ACC was a lot of rivalries that were started in the Big East and then migrated over to the ACC in the following years.

I feel like using the Big XII might be able to attract some other players down the line as well. If we did change, I feel like we should have a new team draft like what was done initially when the OD was just starting.

As far as the signing limitations, from what I have been seeing on the boards on TSO it looks like deal breakers and other elements have been added to recruiting to limit how powerful one single class can be. I do think for the first season of the OD these limitations from the above post should take place until everyone gets the hang of the aforementioned deal breakers, etc.

4. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

great33........Im planning on coming back. I already talked to TheRealHalupka

5. TheRealHalupka

TheRealHalupka Walk On

6. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

I wouldnt mind starting with 3 star teams or less. makes it more of a challenge. As for conferences i like three conferences with championship games. four teams per conference, two in each division(the mountain west looks promising this year). i also like the recruiting challenges.

7. TheRealHalupka

TheRealHalupka Walk On

Well if we did 3 stars or less the options might be a bit limited in our switch to the ACC and Big 12.
    ACC: Boston College, Duke, Maryland, NC State, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Wake Forest, Virginia
    Big 12: Baylor, Kansas, Iowa State, (not sure about K State as they are not on the tradition list)

ACC would be fine, however BIG 12 might be a bit tough.

Recruiting challenges might be a nice touch, do you have some examples tar heel

8. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

yeah thats true. 4 star is fine with me. I like several teams in different conferences so finding a team wont be hard for me. Are we doing just the acc and big 12? six teams per conference? As far as recruiting, sorry i meant the restrictions discussed earlier in this thread.

9. TheRealHalupka

TheRealHalupka Walk On

I would think 2 conference would work best so we have multiple user games throughout the season, instead of only 2 or 3 which could happen with 3 conferences of 4.

As far as restrictions goes I will def want to take a look at how the game is playing in dynasty to see about how deal breakers, etc. work. They might limit the amount of 4 and 5 star players being signed. I might play with it offline before our next cycle starts.

10. hornfaninbama

One thing that's always interesting is the "Pick 'em" threads. It gets people looking at other games an not just their own. And if you do 2 conferences you can set up a conference challenge. Every coach has 3 OOC games against the opposite conference. And the conference with the best W/L record wins extra scholarships. It's more junk for the commish to handle, but it also helps to keep people interested and sparks a little rivalry.

11. qclassic 22

qclassic 22 Walk On

Are we going forward on 14 or what's the deal

12. TheRealHalupka

TheRealHalupka Walk On

We certainly are going on in 14. Once we have a core group of members we will give current members the option to carry over their schools if they meet the new prestige requirements. (4 star or under) then have the draft like last year.

Please reply if you are still interested in this OD going into next cycle (already know hornfaninbama cannot participate).

qclassic 22 great33 jared16evans tar heel Ivozk SunofGod5 ZREX17

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  13. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

14. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

Since we've decided on the ACC and BIG12 are we adding two teams(which teams?) to give the big 12 a championship

15. TheRealHalupka

TheRealHalupka Walk On

16. hornfaninbama

17. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

byu sounds good. there not in a conference.

18. TheRealHalupka

TheRealHalupka Walk On

19. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

how many guys do we have committed for the new year so far? TheRealHalupka

20. TheRealHalupka

TheRealHalupka Walk On

21. hornfaninbama

I don't think so. If y'all end up with just the 6 from above, the other 6 slots will get filled up with newbies and y'all will get to teach them the ropes. And Hal I think you're going to end up with another person who will be your co-commish; unless one of the other 5 wants the gig. I also got a PM from BigJim11 but I don't think he's going to end up here. I asked for his GT to send an invite and he hasn't responded.

22. TheRealHalupka

TheRealHalupka Walk On

Since NCAA 14 is going to be released in the next few days I need a commitment from all current members of the Flashback on whether or not they will be coming back for the next cycle of the OD.

If I do not get a reply on this page by time of our team draft, consider yourself out of the OD.

hornfaninbama I already know your situation.

qclassic 22 great33 ZREX17 Ivozk jared16evans SunofGod5 tar heel

23. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

im still in. Some of the guys havent been on since may or early june. We may have to add 8 to 10 players.

24. Dase or Days

Dase or Days Walk On

Did hornsfaninbama let you know of my interest in joining The Flashback OD?

25. qclassic 22

qclassic 22 Walk On

Yea buddy