The "Flex Five by Five"

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Lee.Flex, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

The "Flex Five by Five"

Coming Soon!!

2. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Season 2 / Week 1

"The Flex Five by Five"

This week I will take a look at the 5 hardest schedules this year, and in the 2nd segment I will look at the top 5 impact Freshman from around the Dynasty.

"The Furious Five"

All our teams have tough schedules this year, but some are tougher than the rest. We run down the top 5 this week.... and predict whether or not an upset alert required.

1. FIU: New coach Jam has got his hand's full in his first season. He begins with an out of conference vs Iowa State, then travel to Miami FL for a showdown of in state rivals. On 10/2/2010, he then head to #9 Notre Dame for a marquee showdown that could tell us whether or not FIU is a contender or a pretender. Even if the make it out of these games 3-0.... Clemson is lurking in Week 13. This schedule is the #1 Ranked schedule out of all x3b teams. Good Luck!

2. Arkansas State: Talk about starting the seaosn off on the hard foot, he takes on #2 Florida in the Swamp week 1. His schedule does not get any easier after that, he follows up with Louisville, Iowa and #22 Cincinnati. He really needs to find a way to win half of those games or else he is in some trouble. He plays a tough FIU team coached by JAM in week 5m and in week 14 he plays "new rivalry" game vs conference contender Western Kentucky (bcduggan). My prediction is a 8-4 Season for the Wolfpack..... but watch out.... even with a 7-5 season, this is a damn good team and will contest for a mid-tier Bowl game because of the schedule strength.

3. Air Force: Coach Drausus takes on his nemisis week 1 vs #17 Boise State. They will need to show up and play well, because waiting in the swamp is #2 Florida in week 2. Their next big game is further down the road in week 10 when the play #14 LSU. Taking on a prior Bowl buster and 2 of the biggest power houses in the SEC will be tough, and my preditcion for myself: 1-2 in these games and will end the season at 9-3.... as long as Jefferson and Stephens can stay healthy... which was hard last season.

4. Tulane: They upset #14 LSU last season, but this season LSU will be looking for revenge in week 1. onaradio is on pace to become the first x3b coach to reach 100 points, and a win vs #14 LSU will almost make him a sure shot..... it will also make him an instant BCS contender. Week 2 he faces off vs #12 Ole Miss, and to follow that up he will travel up to Wake Forrest in week 3. Week 6 is a rematch with Houston (Vinsanity)... and if all goes well, im picking this team to meet Memphis in a Conference USA Championship showdown.

5. Nevada: Does it get any hard than playing the #1 Team the last week of the season? Well... don't look to far ahead, Nevada still has an away game with a very good Idaho team (Milmont), and they have #17 Boise State followed by Hawai'i. If Nevada can weather the storm... they might be ready to face the Sooners and give them a run for their money.

"The Fast Five"

Whos the biggest new face on campus? I looked at some of the top fresh meat and this is what I got:

1. Buffalo : Watch out for the fast new RB J.Gill. He has 89 speed, 92 agi, and 75 btk. Although he is listed @ 3 on the depth chart, this guy will work his way up during the season as he is the fastest back on the team.

2. Houston: ROLB/MLB S.Gardner is looking great in practice. His speed is 79 and more importantly his tackling is 84. He will need to work on his Play recognition, but all the skill sets you want in a potential #1 LB are there. Look for him to get some play time this season, as he is #2 on the global LB depth chart.

3. WKU : Is it a bird? Is it a Plane? Nope... its just freshman RB G.Davis running you over. With 89 speed and 73 btk, Davis has the size and the potential to turn into a big time back. He will need to work on some area's... but with his size... look for him to come in and give Junior RB Rainey some rest in short down situations.

4. Memphis : There is a new WR in memphis... and he thinks he can become bigger than the King himself. He is R.Davis. With 87 speed, 88 acc, and 71 catch, he should flourish in Super3way's offense. We may get glimpses of him this year.... and hopefully we will see this young mans career blossom into a great one.

5. Kent State : SS Arrington is looking for heads.... the guy may not be the quickest... but he locks down on opposing receivers and tight ends in man coverage. I don't think any opposing team's WR's want to go across the middle either.... he has 80 hit power and he has the potential of putting your start WR down for the count. Arrington should start this season, and we will follow this future Ronnie Lott as he grows.

3. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Of course I get the hardest, this must be some rookie coach initiation, huh? :p

I welcome the challenge, though.

4. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

i am not even mentioned :( lol

5. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

3. WKU : Is it a bird? Is it a Plane? Nope... its just freshman RB G.Davis running you over. With 89 speed and 73 btk, Davis has the size and the potential to turn into a big time back. He will need to work on some area's... but with his size... look for him to come in and give Junior RB Rainey some rest in short down situations.

The 75 acc keeps him at 3rd string this year. He would have been redshirted but I only have 3 RBs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.