The Future of Nippon

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by Roggie, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    We all know that Nippon was pretty devoid of any young players with high end potential, minus a few already developed studs like Li'l Abner and Whale, but after two draft classes, the talent level is on the rise. These are some guys to look out for in the future in Japan, and possibly the MLB. This order is a mix of readiness and ceiling, with weight given to guys currently ready for or already in the NBP. (Max age to be eligible for this list is 23 and is restricted to Japanese players only.)

1. [​IMG]
    Hirano is already making an impact in the NPB as a rookie. With the potential to have plus control with very good movement and stuff, along with a 6 pitch arsenal, Hirano looks destined to be a force until moving to the MLB.

2. [​IMG]
    At only 21, Ojima is already in the NPB, although not making the impact that Hirano is. Once he starts to fill out, Ojima looks to be a 5 tool player with above average power and contact to go with fantastic speed and defensive skills.

3. [​IMG]
    Kodo has already found a niche in the bullpen for Yamato. Kodo has great stuff and control but has a tendency to have his pitches flatten out at times. He has a fastball that already touches 96 and a slider that buckles the knees of batters.

4. [​IMG]
    Rascal, the 8th pick in last year's draft, looks ready to start already in the NPB. With high-end movement on his pitches already and average control with an already well-developed 3 pitch arsenal, Rascal should be seen in the NPB shortly.

5. [​IMG]
    Rocky has the highest ceiling of any pitcher in Japan. Drafted 1st overall by Hanshin (but yet to sign), Rocky has 5 pitches all high-end or better with superb stuff, high end movement, and plus control. Looks like a lock for MLB stardom.

6. [​IMG]
    Mad Bomber can do it all. Already throwing up to 97 mph, he features a 4 pitch repertoire headlined by a superb changeup and has high-end stuff, movement, and control.

7. [​IMG]
    Trucker continues the mass of young, ├╝ber-talented starting pitchers. Tanaka has plus stuff and 3 plus or better pitches to go along with very good movement and control, and can also ramp the fastball up to 98 at only 22 years of age.

8. [​IMG]
    Hard Hittin has the potential to be the best hitter in the game in the future. With projected high-end contact and plus power to go with the ability to draw walks and steal a base every time he's on, Miyazaki could win multiple best hitter awards.

9. [​IMG]
    Yoshi looks to be right in the mix with the other 3 as a potential future Eiji Sawamura award winners. Yoshi grades out to have very good stuff to go along with high-end movement and control along with 3 very good to high-end pitches.

10. [​IMG]
    Basket Case can do everything but hit for average. He has plus power to go along with plus running speed and high defensive ability. He is also very disciplined at the plate, but his hard style of swinging leads to swings and misses.

Honorable Mentions: Shinsui Yamaguchi, C, Seibu; Yoshinobu Ohayashi, SP, Hiroshima, Tasuku Kokura, CL, Orix; Sozen Okumiya, OF, Yomiuri; Yoshihisa Kiyomizu, CL, Yamato, Hideyori Kamikura, SS, Yokohama; Shinzo Yoshikawa, SS, Chiba; Kyoichi Takahashi, 2B, Chiba

• Like Like x 4
  2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Not a single good prospect in Dragon land? We are still going to run train on NBL for the next 3 years

• Like Like x 1
  3. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    I honestly didn't pay attention to teams at all. Lol. But there's a Chunichi pitcher on there.

4. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Missed that guy :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Damn...not one guy from the Tohoku Golden Eagles. :(

• Like Like x 1
  6. | DedStaar |

| DedStaar | Walk On

Woo got a few guys on the rise:)

7. Bondzai

I must have chosen the wrong team. I blame Raj.

• Like Like x 2
  8. | DedStaar |

| DedStaar | Walk On

9. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Those are some ugly mfers.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

It's like Bond's been with us the whole time. Already knows proper blaming protocol and everything.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

They all look the same to me...

• Like Like x 3
  12. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Don't feel bad Bond, no one from Hokkaido there either, with no high draft picks doesn't really work but just build a solid minor league, no studs just solid all around.

13. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

You had the best player in the league. At age 28, he died.

14. Bondzai

Like literally?

15. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

No Hawks either, but I don't think I even have a player under the age requirement.

[​IMG]

16. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Yep. Career ending injury.

17. Bondzai

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    A few years later, let's see where these guys are at now:

Shoichi Hirano: Has had a great career when healthy, but had Tommy John surgery 2 seasons ago and is now out with a torn labrum.

Takuma Ojima: Has become a balanced stud for Seibu in the outfield, teaming up with Yasuhiro Sato as the top young outfield tandems in the league.

Yasunari Kodo: Was traded to Yokohama after underperforming for Yamato. Has been a decent arm out of the pen, but not as good as was expected.

Naruhiko Nakagawa: Has become a top 5 pitcher in the league, dominating everybody.

Kantaro Kono: Also a top 5 pitcher in the league. Outstanding pitcher.

Yachi Hirata: Didn't become what was expected of him, but is still a solid pitcher in NPB.

Kaoru Tanaka: Trucker has become arguably the best pitcher in Japan.

Takuya Miyazaki: Still developing (only 22 years old), has been an average outfielder in NPB so far. But is far from his ceiling.

Yoriyoshi Yoshioka: Yoshioka has been a very solid starter for Yokohama. Still developing a 3rd pitch, making him likely to improve more.

Masaharu Memoto: Becoming a solid 20/20 guy for Hiroshima with 30/30 potential.

• Like Like x 2
  19. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Looks like Ojima developed a little facial hair over the course of a couple years.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  20. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    He's a man. He's 40.

Well, 25, but you get the point.

21. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Reminds me a bit of myself ....... When I was 14