The Future of TSO's Tiger Woods Component

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Basis4aDay56, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

To all my fellow Tiger Woods series fanatics,

I would like to briefly introduce the FUTURE of Tiger Woods gaming on TSO. While the Tour has been a fun season so far, it has become clear that for widespread interest, the Tour format just does not fit. You can make rule after rule, but at the end of the day, some players are just hands down more skilled than the rest of us. There is no shame in that from either side. This year's Tiger Woods game has a lot to offer, it is a great product in my opinion, and it would be nice if it had more mass appeal on the website.

The reasons touched on above bring me the point of this post: the future of TSO's Tiger Woods community will be focused around a LADDER TOURNAMENT. In a ladder tournament, each participant is ranked from best to worst (an opening two round tournament will be used to rank players) to start. From there, you are able to challenge other golfers within a certain distance above you to a match. The winner replaces the loser on the chart. There are some interesting rules to make it a lot of fun, and that will all come out in due time.

The key to the whole thing is developing a way to balance the interaction of the Tour setup with fair competition, all while being simple. Please consider the bullet points below:

- FAIRNESS: Since you will be limited in the number of spots above your own that you can challenge, you will always be competing against similarly skilled opponents. New players will need to complete the two round tournament to see where they should be placed in the ladder.

- INTERACTIVE: Multiple matches can be going on in the same group, so the party chats will still be fun. Additionally, it will be a good way for newer members to mix it up with some of the vets.

- SIMPLE: There will be NO RULES in terms of limitations to your player, or settings, or anything! As long as the settings are agreed upon by both participants, you can play any kind of match to decide who moves up and who drops down. Obvious fair play rules apply.

There is still a lot to figure out in terms of setup, rules, and functionality, and the ladder tournament WILL NOT be rolled out until the first season of the TGA Tour is complete. The Tour will NOT be going away at the conclusion of the Tradition Cup Playoffs, but instead will be transitioned to new management (TBD who that is). At that point I'll focus on getting this set up.

That's all for now folks! Enjoy the launch of NCAA, and be excited for where the Tiger Woods component of TSO is heading!

2. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

How is that going to work if there are setting rules for our tourney golfers? Can you upgrade your golfer then take away to make them tourney eligible?

3. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

make 2

4. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Like I said, as long as the settings are agreed upon, it doesn't matter. You can use licensed golfers, created golfers, your TGA tour golfers, you can play the whites on easy pins with no wind, whatever.

The goal will be to make it so you can just set up a match quickly, not worrying about waiting for anyone else's time frame, checking settings, or anything else but for enjoying the game and the competition.

• Like Like x 1