THE G-MEN

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, May 21, 2011.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

[​IMG]

Buster Posey's bat is gaining life.​

The Giants bats got healthy in interleague play vs the Mariners and the Orioles. The Giants blasted 6 hr's in those two games. Buster Posey was able to hit two home runs in his first two at bats in the game vs the O's. Cody Ross and Miguel Tejada hit back to back dingers in the contest as well. Pat Burrell and Freddy Sanchez went yard vs the M's.

Madison Bumgarner pitched 7 innings of 2 hit baseball giving up a solo shot to Milton Bradley of Seattle. Tim Lincecum earned his first win of the season vs the Orioles going 7 and giving up 3 earned.

2. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

[​IMG]

SOOO Close​

Jonathan Sanchez went 8 1/3 innings of perfect baseball. His perfect game bid was broken up in the bottom of the 9th by the Brewers catcher Lucroy. He struck out 10 and got his first win of the season however. Giants win 4-0. Pat Burrell soloed again.​

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

All these Giants are sluts :p

4. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

aww man losing that PG must have been crushing.. I know I would have been if I woulda lost mine that close.. sucks bro get em next time

5. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Thanks man I was sitting here with the 7 year old I was nervous as shit, the guy that got the hit had the best AB's against me the whole game so I wasn't surprised.

6. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Zack Wheeler​
    [​IMG]

1st start 1st win in Houston​

Zack Wheeler got his first start for the GMEN and got a W. Wheeler stated "Taking the mound with a 3 run cushion in the first calmed my nerves, but still gave 1 back. I did my best to give away the lead but these guys had my back at the plate."​

Buster Posey hit a 3 run bomb in the first giving the Giants a lead they would keep for the game. Pablo Sandoval and Pat Burrell (pinch hit) added homeruns.​

• Like Like x 1
  7. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Congrats on the Division title.

8. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

looks like we didnt win thought we did lol Frisk has HFA in first round.

9. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Giants lose 2 games to 1 in the NLCS. After a 15-0 blow out of the Mets, the G's could only muster 4 hits against Mike Pelfrey who recorded a complete game shutout. I knew it was gonna happen when the cpu let me tap em like that oh well on to the offseason where champions are made.

10. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Damn man... yeah I couldnt hit Pelfrey either.. those Mets are fuckin scrappy. Great year though bro.

11. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

Nice Job boss man.... good run!

12. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

I know a guy in this league that dominated pelfrey in real life!

13. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Congrats diddy on the season!

14. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

News and Notes

from San Francisco

[​IMG][​IMG]

Giants add Norris bring back Zito

The San Francisco Giants have had a mild off season, they signed their two rookie draft pick in Christian Lopes and Austin Wood.

They went on to add Bud Norris and Barry Zito with their only two picks in the rule 5 draft.

Some wonder why they added two Starting Pitchers when they had a plethora of arms signed.

GM Sdid22 wants to move Zito into more of a Tim Wakefield role, despite the strong 2011 season.

"Barry will come out of the pen and change the pace of the game. We got hard throwers with Lincecum, Cain, Sanchez, Norris, and Bumgarner. Zito can come in with his changeup and curve ball and really give some people fits after seeing hard stuff for 6 innings. This will allow our starters to be more aggressive because they have Barry and Zach backing them if they get into trouble early."

Bud Norris will join the rotation more than likely. There will be "an open competition" in spring training for the 5th spot between Zito, Zach Wheeler, and Bud Norris. Pitching coach Dave Righetti said that Wheeler could use one more year coming out of the pen and hope to get him 3 starts or so during the season.

The bullpen comes back in tact and they were the best in baseball by many people's account in the 2011 season.

The Giants are long in the tooth to say the least with position players. Torres, Sanchez, Burrell, Tejada, Rowand, Huff, and DeRosa are all over 33 years old. So it will be hard to figure out what to expect with these guys growing out of their prime.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Posey and Sanchez will lead the Giants bats.

Andres Torres will continue to lead off after his Sliver Slugging performance at batting title from 2011.

Buster Posey will still be the man in charge and the team captain is ready to lead this team.

Miguel Tejada will not be playing SS this season, this spot will be manned by Sanchez who has a much better glove.

Pablo Sandoval is in a contract year and the Giants have informed him he needs to play better this season.

Look for young players like Emmanuel Burriss, Brandon Belt and Darren Ford to increase their playing time with an aging core for the Giants.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

GIANTS RALLY AGAIN

TAKE NL WEST

[​IMG]
    Andres Torres doing it big for the Giants​

Andres Torres has lead the way for the Giants in their last two outings. Knowing that they needed two wins to clinch the NL West the veteran put the Giants on his shoulders. Torres hit for the cycle in a come from behind win vs the rival Dodgers. He hit a 2 run bomb to right field to tie the game in that one. He turned around and keyed a 9th inning rally vs the much improved Pittsburgh Pirates. Down 4-2 with two outs in the 9th, Torres doubled. Freddy Sanchez followed with a triple to score Torres. Pablo Sandoval followed with a base hit tie the game. Pitchers would scatter hits until the bottom of the 14th. Torres led of the inning with a triple. Freddy Sanchez flied to shallow right field but he didn't tag. Pablo Sandoval hit a liner off the pitchers leg that bounced towards the third base line behind the streaking Torres to score the clinching run 5-4. Torres had 4 hits and scored 3 runs in the division clincher.​

After struggling to return to his silver slugging form of 2011. Torres has gotten hot and posts a .320 BA 18 runs 9 doubles 4 triples 8 HR and 23 RBI. He is once again the Giants team MVP.​

17. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Congrats on the NL West title.

18. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

TY sir.

19. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

I wish my division was as bad as the nl west. :)

20. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  21. Emmdotfrisk

22. Emmdotfrisk

Ead ry

• Like Like x 2
  23. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    congrats diddy!

24. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

TY sir

25. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads: