The G-Tard Jubilee

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by JQwon13, Jul 31, 2012.

1. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

[​IMG]

The Battle for the Crimson Rock kicks off at 9:00 PM Central tonight. Place your bets now! Looks like the current line is Harvard -8.5.

Harvard may be the favorite, but so was Yale before Georgetown and that Iron Curtain defense brought the pain.

Either way, close game or not, this one should get nasty.

See you tonight old chap. Cheerio Full Moon Fever .

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Harvard covers the spread, beating Georgetown 34-21.

3. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Harvard by 10.

4. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Harvard covers the spread in a 35-7 dominate performance.

5. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Harvard 21-17

6. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Well I beat Qwon by an absurd amount, so I'll take Fever 28-10

7. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

I don't think I could score 28 points in an hour of practice mode. If I win it will be a low scoring affair.

8. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Harvard covers

9. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Harvard 9, Gtown 2

• Like Like x 1
  10. Full Moon Fever

For all intents and purposes, Harvard wins 15-10. Final score reflecting the bad blood...29-10.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Full Moon Fever

runningitup.JPG
    boxbyquarter.JPG

DC - In a rainy rivalry game, the Harvard Crimson were able to escape a hard fought inaugural G-Tard Jubilee and bring the Crimson Rock back to Cambridge.

Sparing both offenses some shame, we'll say there was some stellar defense played in the opening half. After a 17 yard off-tackle run by Georgetown tailback Dusty Morse put the first points on the board, Harvard answered with three consecutive field goals by kicker Skyler Thurston. Though they couldn't punch it into paydirt, the Crimson were satisfied with a 9-7 halftime advantage.

The third quarter was mostly scoreless with both teams exchanging punts until the Georgetown offense put together a nice drive. But the Harvard defense got a big sack and were able to hold the Hoyas to a 28-yard field goal on the leg of kicker Clay Pierre. 10-9 Hoyas heading into the 4th.

The fourth quarter saw the offenses continue to struggle. Yards were hard to come by. First downs precious. Finally, with 2:09 left in the game, the Crimson were able to score their first touchdown of the game on a 1 yard quarterback sneak by Junior QB Graham Wellington. Up 15-10 with 2 minutes left, the Crimson went for two but were intercepted.

The Hoyas were able to pick up a couple of first downs and had the ball near midfield with about a minute left. But forced into a desperation throw on 4th and 12, G-Town QB Kody Monroe was picked off by Safety Teddy Monroe, who took it back 63 yards to seal the deal and put the Crimson up 22-10.

Forced into a bleak Hail Mary situation, Monroe was quickly picked off again; this one brought back to the Hoya 35 yardline with just 30 seconds left in the game. A kneel by the Crimson looked to run the clock out, but this is the fucking G-Tard Jubilee, and these schools don't like each other. So with two seconds left, the Crimson snapped the ball and Wellington connected 35 yards downfield with senior wideout Guy Alford for the salt-in-the-wound touchdown. Thurston's extra point ended the game at 29-10 Harvard.

Game ball goes to Georgetown WR Colin Lopez, for dropping a wide open deep ball on 3rd and 12 with just over a minute left. The next play was 4th and 12 and resulted in a game-clenching pick-6. Thanks Lopez!

Great game JQwon13. I know you were pissed about the bush league TD at the end and maybe I shouldn't have done it, but I thought it added to the bitterness of the rivalry, and to be honest I didn't think there was a chance in hell my guy would come down with it.

scoring.JPG

stats.JPG

player stats.JPG

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  12. IrishBearcat

Looking at the team stats you won or tied in every category. Harvard domination!

13. Full Moon Fever

Well, like I said, the 35 yard TD at the end was pretty much bullshit. Hell, it came after I kneeled the ball. My team is just so effing slow. My RB got caught from behind several times by Qwon's defensive linemen.

14. IrishBearcat

I just saw that you threw a passing touchdown after kneeling on the last play of the game. LOL

Standards go out the window pretty quickly I see. :)

15. Full Moon Fever

Everything goes out the fucking window when it's the Ohidaho Feud/G-Tard Jubilee. Hell, he murdered some of my players in Idaho, prompting some Vandals to sodomize his middle linebacker's family. Can't believe you didn't hear about all that in the news a few years ago. It was grizzly.

16. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

17. Full Moon Fever

After our game Recchem and Nik were just kicking off. If they're not done now they're close to it.

Edit: DW shows that recchem2000 gave Brown the beatdown.

Edit: Steamer's in a game and will advance when he's done.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  18. Bl0ndeRedHead

19. DirtycashDylan

^ You were wrong.

20. Bl0ndeRedHead

That's as fucking close as it gets asshole

21. DirtycashDylan

Nope, you coulda got closer.

22. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I personally enjoyed the TD at the end Full Moon Fever. All is fair in love and war...

23. Full Moon Fever

Anything I can do to piss JQwon13 off. I did laugh out loud when it happened. Only drawback was that Qwon quit the game and it wouldn't let me upload highlights.