The Gator Spotlight Episode 1

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by soxandgators, Oct 17, 2013.

1. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Trying something new looking to add some more discussions to the league . And also get people more informed about the league there in. Going to pop in when i see something league wide i feel needs to be pointed out for the masses. And in episode 1 we have the Oakland Athletics and Confucius Rex.

ScreenHunter_200 Oct. 17 16.15.jpg
    Oakland was only a 75 win team (.463 win%) last season in what most would argue is the weakest division in all of baseball. And here they are so far at the half way point of 2024. 48-33 (.593 win%)

ScreenHunter_202 Oct. 17 19.53.jpg

2023 Team stats

8th......Runs Scored
    10th....Batting AVG
    3rd......On Base %
    15th....Hr's
    1st......SB
    9th......runs against
    7th......team era
    10th....def efficiency

2024 Team stats

ScreenHunter_201 Oct. 17 19.50.jpg

This is the perfect example of why defense in baseball is so huge. They are pretty much the same offensive team as last year overall. But there defensive efficiency has improved ten fold. Which in turn has dramatically improved there pitching numbers as a team. If they can improve this bullpen before the deadline I can see them with a good shot at the division.

Picked you out because of the huge turn around this season Confucius Rex congrats and good luck man. And I know only a hand full of guys pay attention enough to realize what your doing so far this year.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Confucius Rex

Confucius Rex Walk On

Thanks for the props S&G. My pitching wasn't as good as it should have been last year, so I made it an issue to get defense on point. And it's clearly worked out. I know the bullpen looks kind of bad, but half of it is great and the other half is right awful.

I got to give some respect out to Ty5oke too though. I asked him for some pointers over the off season, and he pointed out some things that were in my blind spots.