1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Claven, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Now that the games is out and I can't play it until August 22nd, I would like to hear from you guys on how the official release is.

2. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

i havent played it much yet. i think the new way to audible anything from plays to blocking assignments is ridiculous. i dont think its one of those i hate it because its new and dont know how to use it things. that wasnt even a problem in the old game so in my eyes they changed it for nothing. the gameplay seems ok so far and the only thing i really want to put time in on is the auto turbo/strafe. i prefer to do those things myself so im gonna have to put in time using both setups.

***i think its a slap in the face that my Titans playbook on offense has less formations overall, yet still has all the same exact plays. same thing on defense. they took 1 formation away completely(4-4) and then i only have 2 new plays throughout to make up for the ones i lost. i dont understand how we progress in technology, but i have less plays to select in a new version of madden.

3. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Can someone tell me why I have to use the left thumb to control the player/runner in use and if I can switch it back to the pad?

4. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

I predict some type of limitation or a ban on the Broncos Playbook Shotgun Bronco-Heavy formation. Of course the play formation has the 3rd string QB at quarterback (Tebow) but you can put either HB, your starting QB, or a WR at QB in the formation and you can cause many problems for a defense if you get good at utilizing it.

I try it out online, you guys ought to check it out.

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Oh great....my only trick and I already hear talk of limitation/banning. Awesome.

6. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Won my first online game. Saints vs Cowgirls 24-21 in OT...

Gonna take some getting used to. Strategy pad is awful. Almost a breaking point for me early. Right now, id take 10 over 11

7. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

It's just an adjustment that you will get used to in a few days. Trust me, once you get past that, the game is solid.

8. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

I almost never used houte routes or line shifts so I don't see the strategy pad being a problem for me.

9. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Yeah the strategy pad definitely has a steep learning curve at first but after a few games I got used to it.