The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Claven, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Now that the games is out and I can't play it until August 22nd, I would like to hear from you guys on how the official release is.

2. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

i havent played it much yet. i think the new way to audible anything from plays to blocking assignments is ridiculous. i dont think its one of those i hate it because its new and dont know how to use it things. that wasnt even a problem in the old game so in my eyes they changed it for nothing. the gameplay seems ok so far and the only thing i really want to put time in on is the auto turbo/strafe. i prefer to do those things myself so im gonna have to put in time using both setups.

***i think its a slap in the face that my Titans playbook on offense has less formations overall, yet still has all the same exact plays. same thing on defense. they took 1 formation away completely(4-4) and then i only have 2 new plays throughout to make up for the ones i lost. i dont understand how we progress in technology, but i have less plays to select in a new version of madden.

3. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Can someone tell me why I have to use the left thumb to control the player/runner in use and if I can switch it back to the pad?

4. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

I predict some type of limitation or a ban on the Broncos Playbook Shotgun Bronco-Heavy formation. Of course the play formation has the 3rd string QB at quarterback (Tebow) but you can put either HB, your starting QB, or a WR at QB in the formation and you can cause many problems for a defense if you get good at utilizing it.

I try it out online, you guys ought to check it out.

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Oh great....my only trick and I already hear talk of limitation/banning. Awesome.

6. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Won my first online game. Saints vs Cowgirls 24-21 in OT...

Gonna take some getting used to. Strategy pad is awful. Almost a breaking point for me early. Right now, id take 10 over 11

7. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

It's just an adjustment that you will get used to in a few days. Trust me, once you get past that, the game is solid.

8. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

I almost never used houte routes or line shifts so I don't see the strategy pad being a problem for me.

9. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Yeah the strategy pad definitely has a steep learning curve at first but after a few games I got used to it.