The Good - The BAD & The Ugly! (Week 3)

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by Zikry, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Sep 22, 2010

This is the inaugural edition. Hope you all Enjoy!!​

*Disclaimer: This is all for fun. Don't take it seriously!!*

The Good:

"Shitty" Teams Off to a Hot-Start

Looking around the league there are currently 8 undefeated teams that have started 2-0. While teams like the Colts, the Falcons, and even the Bucs might have been expected to start off the season strong, teams like the Seahawks, Redskins, Dolphins and Bengals were all supposed to be competing for the #1 draft choice next year, NOT for the #1 spot in the playoffs.

It has been all smiles in Cinci with their 2-0 start to the season. While the new ownership in Cinci can be largely credited for this great start (and a sudden lapse of any sort of common sense by the Texans that saw the Bengals come away with Jacoby Jones AND Brian Cushing for 3 bums) some have also pointed out that their two blowout wins have come against the Browns and Broncos; certainly not earth-shattering type teams by any stretch of the imagination. The steady ground attack of Cedric Benson (37 carries, 173 yards, 3 TDs) and their own version of lightning in a bottle, Bernard Scott (14 carries, 177 yards, 2 TDs) has allowed the franchise to ease Andy Dalton along, and not have to rely TOO heavily on his arm to win games.

Well it looks like the Tarvaris - starter talk was all just a genius ploy by Pete Carrol, who knew all along that Charlie Whitehurst was an elite QB in this league. The way Charlie has started this year one can be excused for thinking it was Jesus himself who had donned a Seahawk #6 jersey and was slinging those passes to Sidney Rice and Golden Tate. Whitehurst has 344 yards to start the year on 33-48 passing, 4 TDs, and ZERO ints. Add to that the 212 yards on the ground courtesy of Marshawn Lynch and it comes as no surprise that the team has started off 2-0.

The Redskins have used their defense to start the season off 2-0, thanks in large part to the 7 interceptions the team has registered in their first 2 games, with Landry and Hall leading the way with 2 a piece. Add to that the sudden surge of Adam Carriker (a complete bum in St Louis) who has 2 sacks, and has even completed a pass for 11 yards, and the defense is something special. The problem at QB still exists with John Beck taking the first team snaps now, but reports out of Washington state that Carriker has been pushing for some snaps at QB...stay tuned​

Speaking of a dominant defense, WTF is in the water down in Miami. 11, yes, FUCKING 11 interceptions for this defense in 2 WEEKS is either 1)incredible 2)insane 3)insanely incredible. I'll go with choice #3 because GAWD DAM I was shocked when I saw that this team already has 11 interceptions. Sean Smith and Jason Taylor lead the way with 2 a piece but it seems like everyone and their mother has been given a chance to intercept a ball on this team. After shutting out Brady and co to the tune of 0 points there were some skeptics in the league, then the team went out and simply beat the Texans, giving up only 7 points in that one in a 35-7 victory where Matt Schaub must have worn his color contacts and thought that the Miami defenders were his receivers as he threw 8 interceptions. I'll leave it at that for now, but you better believe we will be hearing alot more about Schaub later on!!​

The Bad:

Teams with Big Offseason Dreams start off 0-2

What do the Packers, Patriots, Texans, Ravens and Rams all have in common? Well unlike the Bills, 49ers and Browns who were expected to suck, big things were expected from those teams but they have all stuttered out of the gates with an 0-2 start.​

Has Tom Brady reached the point where he cannot differentiate between a photo shoot and an NFL game. Does he come out for games and just pose like a 10 cent douchebag as he is about to get lit the fuck up by an opposing d-lineman??? Well, the Patriots are on the road this week to the lowly Bills, and if they don't win that game then I have no words for that franchise and I'm pretty sure that next week I'll be seeing Gisele walking around with Ryan Fitzpatrick or some shit.​

Texan fans have become oh too familiar with the above image with a slouched over Schaub with a "dammit not again" expression on his face as he gets intercepted. The Texans were so eager to play their week 3 game that they traveled all night to New Orleans and played with no rest, and still managed to beat the Saints. Not sure if that says more about the Saints struggles or the turnaround from the Texans, we will wait and see about that, but the fact that Schaub only threw 1 int is a victory in itself after last week!​

The Rams hope that having their coach on the sidelines for the first time in week 3 can finally get turn around their bad start to the season. Playing the Eagles and Giants was never going to be an easy task and after getting baptized by the Eagles at home the Rams showed some sort of testicular fortitude in their 14-7 loss in New York, but in this business a loss is a loss. This week the Rams host another 0-2 team, the Ravens in a must-win game for both franchises.​

Oh how much can change in 1 year. Last year the Packers were on top of the world hoisting the Lombardi trophy while the Panthers were cleaning house and firing everyone in site. Fast-forward to week 2 and the Packers lose in stunning fashion 14-13 to those very same Panthers, as I am sure many a betting man lost their house in that game. Now the Packers have a game against a Bears team that would love nothing more than to increase the Packers' woes this season....oh boy!​

The Ugly:

Matt Schaub​

Oh you didn't think we were done with Matt Schaub already did you??? In his first 3 games (including the win this week against the Saints) Schaub is 39-77 with 2 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. While that 8 interception fiasco down in Miami can be seen as a "one-off" the fact still remains that Schaub better shape-up if this team is going to go anywhere. After they spent all offseason trying to upgrade that defense that was down-right awful last year, the last thing this franchise needs is their QB stinking up the place. This is a big year for the Texans, or at least it was supposed to be, so don't screw it up Matt!!​

• Like Like x 6
  2. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Jun 3, 2010
    Featured Threads:
    Is there a word opposite of swag that isn't to degrading? Schaub has sucked it up....

Nonetheless, great job Zikry!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Jul 6, 2009
    Great job Zik!
  4. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Jun 30, 2009
    nice work Z!
  5. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Jul 21, 2010
    Featured Threads:
    Packers 0-3? My dreams are coming true.
  6. sportyfan2000

sportyfan2000 Walk On

Jun 21, 2011
    man what i have done to packers since week 1 lol
  7. Matt54987

Matt54987 Walk On

Jul 23, 2010
    This was a joy to read. Hopefully my defense can keep it up.
  8. zf10

zf10 Walk On

Oct 11, 2009
    Great job Zik... By the way, Schaubs ugly face is priceless man
  9. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Oct 8, 2009
    Good work Zik, look forward to more editions.