The Great Debate: Kobe or Lebron

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by JerzeyReign, Mar 6, 2010.

?

Who's Your MVP?

1. Kobe aka The Black Mamba

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Lebron aka The King

100.0%
  1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

The Great Debate: Kobe or Lebron

It's here. The Great Debate has finally surfaced on TF. You already know what this topic is going to be. Who do you got for MVP? Who's the best in the NBA right now? You can add your Finals teams/winner if you'd like.

My Pick:

Lebron James. This kid is just amazing. I shouldn't even call him a kid since he's my age. 6'8, 250 of pure muscle with an ever improving jumpshot. Name something this kid can't do. He probably could sell ice in hell, he's just that good. He scores at will. He passes the ball like a PG. And I'll add fuel to the fire with my correction to the last statement, lol. He passes the ball like MAGIC JOHNSON! He rebounds the ball like a PF (what's he like top 15 in the league).

He's a great leader. He's Michael Jordan good. Michael Jordan made Kukoc, Ron Harper, Luke Longley, and even Scottie Pippen great players. Lebron is doing the same thing. Mo Williams was just a good player before Lebron. Now he's an All Star. Varejo wouldn't even be in the league. Shaq is not the Superman big man he was with LA/Orl. But Lebron has given the Great Shaqtus one last breath in his great career.

I would run stats but we can all google that. And I know their is some Kobe lovers 'round here somewhere. Where ya'll at?

Let's Go.... LoL

2. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

I gotta give it to LeBron, he just does too many things to affect the game, as you stated.

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

It's Lebron, hands down.

4. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Gotta go with Lebron. Kobe is the best scorer in the game maybe of all-time but Lebron does everything incredibly well. He is the most well rounded basketball player I have ever seen

5. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Lebron owns Kobe.

6. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Hold on, are we talking about this year only? Or their history. If it's their history, there is no damn way you could mention Lebron being there with Kobe.

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I agree 100%

8. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Wow. This was more lopsided than I thought. Two Kobe lovers out there but they didn't post to back up their opinion.

Oh yeah Lebron officially locked up the MVP last night. He sat out and the Cavs got spanked. Proving the Cavs are nothing but average without him. I think Kobe's Lakers went 5-0, blowing at least 4 of those opponents out the water.

Does anybody think the Nuggets or Mavs can beat the Lakers in a 7 game playoff series? I think they can give them a run but during Kobe's absence they proved they are a GREAT overall team.

Can Orlando repeat as Eastern Conference champs? I think the Lebrons will win the East. Shaq will put just enough body on Baby Superman to keep him contained. Plus Orlando seems to shy away from Howard the moment he misses a couple shots or is foul trouble. I don't think Big Z is a difference maker in that series because he just got flat out dominated last year. Hasn't shown me anything this year but that he has developed a deeper baseline jumper. Or maybe once Shaq has worn down Howard he can just add to the "punishment". Lewis has been struggling. Vince gets most of his on his own. I mean their still good (or just beating up on the East) but I think their going to really miss Turkgelou (sp?).

Any thoughts?

9. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

I think out West the Nuggets can definitely challenge the Lakers. Look at last year in the playoffs they really gave the Lakers all they wanted and this year they are 2-1 against them blowing them out twice and really giving away the game last time. I think the Nuggets really matchup well with the Lakers and are very physical. The Lakers don't play as well against physical team, look at how they faired against a physical Cavaliers. But I don't know if the Nuggets will win a seven game series because they aren't mentally tough. Whenever things start going bad they fall apart, with the exception of Billups. As for the Mavs I think they matchup well with the Lakers but they aren't physical like the Nuggets so I don't know if they would win. But I definitely think both teams with push the Lakers to seven and possibly win.

The East is the Cavs to lose as far as I'm concerned. I think the addition of Jamison will really help them. He is the second scorer that they didn't have before. He can reliably get 15-20 a night, before they no one that you could confidently say was going to fill it up. I think the Celtics age has caught up to them even though they won't admit it. The Magic this year aren't as good as they were last year. The role players aren't playing as well as they were. JJ is having a great year but the role players as a whole aren't playing well enough for them to beat the Cavs in seven.

10. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

Micheal Jordan

11. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Kobe has four rings, 3 were during a certain center's prime. He had a selfish 81 point game against the Warriors(?). Is this the "history" your talking about? Or maybe its the All-NBA defensive team nod they literally give him each year? Kobe rarely ever guards the other team's best player (Ron Artest anyone?).

Without the mentioning titles(just because its seriously is a team effort to win unless your last name is Jordan lol) name something Lebron hasnt accomplished that Kobe has. Your probably going to have to base that argument on points scored.

Or you can relax as the torch is snatched out of Kobe's hands.

*I'm not arguing that Kobe sucks or isnt great, that would be stupid to not acknowledge his decorated career. But from a hardcore hoops fan mindset, some accomplishments are exaggerated.

12. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

until Lebron actually wins something, there is no arguement to be made.

And i hate Kobe more than you.. i promise.

13. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

It was the Raptors but we get the point

14. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

The fact that Lebron has carried the Cavs to the playoffs almost each year should be enough to know hes better than kobe. He carried them to a NBA Finals, yea they got swept by the dynasty that is the Spurs so i dont want to hear that argument. Hes done more for cleveland by himself than kobe's done for LA by himself

15. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Raptors? Ohhh LOL *FaiL*

No Kobe fans? Man I had like a 2 hour debate on this the other day at work, lol

16. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

lol i know one but hes at work im sure he'll see this and go ape shit lmao

17. Masler

Masler Moderator

I'm indifferent. Both players are extrodinarily good at what they do. But lately Lebron has been showin Kobe up. The Lakers have shown they don't need him to win. BUT Kobe has him beat on these trick shots and buzzer beaters.

And yes DJ, he will go ape shit x 10

18. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

No comparison, Kobe has 4 rings lebron has zero. The only thing lebron is better at is passing and driving to the hole. Kobe is a way better shooter and the greatest clutch performer of all time. Kobe is also the greatest scorer of all time and that is undebatable. You can keep dreaming lebron is better until he wins a title. All the nonsense about shaq in gasol mean nothing, jordan has a great supporting cast as well, dwade everyone. You dont win a championship by yourself. I can tell you one thing, It is on Lebron this year to win it all. He has the best team he will ever get, if they lose it is his fault. And BTW kobe has been like 60% the last 2 seasons and still dominates day in and out. How good would he be if he were actually 100% like lebron is?

19. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

lol at prefacing this conversation with "Without the mentioning titles"...

that's like saying, despite Hiroshima, Japan really was the stronger military force...

The greatest get it done, no matter what... they find a way. Until Lebron can will his team to a title, which we have seen Kobe do multiple times, with or without Shaq... he can't be considered in the elite. I hold Dirk to the same standard... he will never be elite until he wins a title.. no matter how many MVP's or how much i love the guy (/nohomo) it's a fact i can't run from.

20. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Totally missed my little disclaimer about the titles, huh?

Out of all that he's the best clutch performer and scorer ever. Really? Between Kobe and Lebron I guess you have a case. But I never seen Kobe scored 20 something straight points to win a playoff game. Actually, I can't honestly remember hitting any gamewinning shotx in the playoffs. I recall D.Fish and Horry but not Kobe. But he's the best ever right? He's not even the best of this generation, go google a guy named Dirk Nowitzki.

Best scorer? Really? Kobe has a slightly better 3 pt shot. What else? Don't worry I'll wait.

Instead of running to "the rings" defense, go find Kobe's best year in his CAREER and compare it to LeBron's LAST YEAR totals. Won't even use this year because these numbers are too dominant.

The title argument is stale. Using it proclaims Toni Kukoc was a better SF than Charles Barkley. C'Mon Son

21. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

cosign...

22. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

I will say neither. Magic Johnson is the greatest of all time. The guy could play any position on the court and wasnt a guy who had to shoot a million times a game. I think Jordan was great but the refs also made him even better. Jordan against Utah the game winning shot where he clearly pushed off.

If i had to chose i would take Lebron though. He is a better pure athlete than Kobe. Sure Kobe won rings but he had talent there with him when he won them.

23. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

"Kobe's" teams were all very very talented. Can't take anything away from him THEY won titles but seriously look at what Lebron is working with. Look how dominant the Cavs are. When Kobe had a "bad" team a few seasons ago what did he do? Score 81 and miss the playoffs.

24. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

In my opinion, Lebron is the better player now. Everyone knows that, at least athletically, Kobe is on the first bit of downswing in his career. He's been in the league for a crazy amount of time, and has ridiculous mileage.

But, there is no better watch in the league than Kobe Bryant. The footwork, jab steps, pivots, jumpshot form, and everything is just down to a "t." Yes, Lebron has his highflying ability, but it is a symptom of his God-Given ability.

Kobe's form, footwork, and all of the other things I mentioned above are clearly the evidence of hard work and dedication for one's craft. He wasn't that way when he came into the league, he had to hone it. To me that makes it more of a joy to watch.

Oh, and also. No one in the league since Michael Jordan do I want with the ball in his hands more in clutch time. And when it comes to game winners, there's no one, period, who I want taking the shot more than Kobe.

But, Lebron will score more points, have more stat stuffing games, and take less shots. But it's almost too easy for him. It's just a matter of getting up a head of steam and the picking his head up when he's under the basket. It's unstoppable.

25. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Did you not watch the playoffs last year? Kobe has a better mid range, in your face fadeaways atleast 4 times a game every game, go look at what he was doing to Dwade last night. He hits big shot game in and game out, he dominated last season. Tell me one game that PAO GASOL one last year in the playoffs. Without kobe none of those teams winn championships so the shaq and pao arguments are not valid at all. Kobe is a better 3 pointer shooter, free throw shooter, mid range, any kind of FG shooter, clutch shooter, on ball defender than lebron. The only thing lebron is better at is driving with his huge body and passing. Lebron is the second best player in the NBA but is not better than kobe.

And the title argument is the most RELEVANT fact their is. Dominant players that win titles that their team could not have one without them. Robert horry has like 7 rings from jumping on good teams and making a few shots, they could have still won without him. Kobe goes down any season with shaq or without they do not win. The best win the titles like jordan did. Can lebron get 1 his 7 year career? Then we can start to compare