The Guy I Could Never Replace

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Question:

I know pulling the plug is bullshit, and none of us would ever do it. Let me repeat that: None of us would ever do it. But, if you were to imagine a player going down for a season-ending injury, who's the one guy who would tempt you to pull that plug the most? Who's the guy you couldn't replace?

I'll go first:

• JR-QB Dayne Crist - He's not my best player, but he's so much better than his backup that I'd have to change my entire approach to the game if I lost him. He doesn't hit like Te'o or catch and run like Floyd, but without him, I have a pretty average team.

2. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Honestly I think I could live with loosing any player. I have two servicable QBs, multiple WRs, and a stack of HBs. There are players I'd hate to loose but loosing one of them wouldn't change how I play the game given depth I have.

3. Goose

Goose Walk On

I'd say Pyror. Last season the only game I loss, he was injured and his backup Bauserman played like shit. This year I have Kenny Guiton as his backup. He's a step slower than Pryor but not much, but his accuracy is horrible right now. I'd be lost.

4. TD351

TD351 Walk On

QB for me as well- David Sims- The stink with my program is that Tevin Washington (would be the obvious starter this year) transferred before this season because he did not play much at all last year- but he did not play much last year because he was injured (out for season) when I took over!

5. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Did you recruit much at QB? I find a player will transfer if he sees you recruiting too much at his position.

6. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I don't feel there is one on my team. I actually want to get Curtis Dukes more carries so if Green went down I wouldn't be pissed. Bolden has Paul Jones backing him up and if you haven't watched my highlights he is an option god, and backing him up is a guy redshirting this year Kevin Newsome. So I don't think I have one of those, but if I was still at South Carolina it would be Marcus Lattimore.

7. bdub

bdub Walk On

Well I already lost my 97 rated WR and didn't pull the plug so I guess I don't have anybody on my team that would cause me to pull the plug.

8. bdub

bdub Walk On

On another note I have a 90 rated DT that is out for 2 weeks with a broken finger. Thats right a broken freaking finger. I might not let him play again for being such a pussy.

9. distrktFIVE

distrktFIVE Walk On

Lattimore with Jeffery being a close second. After that I am very bland.

10. TD351

TD351 Walk On

I did sign 2 QBs so that may have had something to do with it.

11. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

I lost a MLB to transfer I think because I brought in depth to round out my linebackers. Sucks.

12. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

You know, this one's tough for me, for I don't really have too many dynamic players.

Although losing Kyle Parker would be tough, as he's my leader and "face" of the Clemson offense, I'd have to go with my star defensive end, Daquan Flowers.

His 8 sacks are all CPU-generated. When playing the FS, he allows me to commit to coverage often without having to send additional pressure. At the end of games, when teams are lookin' to go in shotgun and throw themselves back into it, he's really made them pay. Without him, my defense would take a major step down. He'll be missed next season.