The Heisman

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Dec 7, 2012.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Worst selection of candidates I can ever remember. If you had to pick one, who would it be?

2. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Klein...

3. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

As much as it pains me to say it.. I'd probably have to give the vote this year to Manti Te'o.

4. DirtycashDylan

Oh stop it.

5. DirtycashDylan

I'd love for a defensive player to win the Heisman again but Manti aint that guy.

6. DirtycashDylan

Is he really that impressive though? If he was undefeated, sure.

7. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Manti Teo.

8. Strick

Strick Walk On

9. IrishBearcat

With that said, I don't believe there is any chance Te'o win the awards. He definitely deserves it though.

I'd really like the Heisman Trust to revisit and clearly outline what the criteria for the award truly is about. I've heard how Manti Teo shouldn't win it because only one defensive player has one it. Well yeah, but zero freshman have won the award.

If it's just an offensive player award they need to come out and just say that. I don't get why Manti is penalized for being a linebacker. He was the "QB of the defense", he took a pre-season projected 6-6 team to 12-0 and back to the National Championship for the first time in over 20 years. And he had many impact plays that WON football games. Every single one.

He won't win it, and it's a joke. Let's hand it to Johnny football.

10. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Klein played amazing except for one horrendous game against Baylor..
    Manziel was phenomenal in a game against Alabama and they've lost two games in the SEC..

As you quoted yourself, these are three candidates that aren't exactly eye popping and each of the candidates has a flaw. However, to me the key is the fact that ND was undefeated while Kansas State and A&M are not. Ultimately all three are great players but there is only one of those there who helped lead their team to an undefeated season and that was Te'o.

The most exciting player was easily Johnny Football, so if we want to award the Heisman based on that so be it..

If you want to award the player that made Kansas State relevant, so be it.

I honestly pick Te'o by default. lol.

• Like Like x 1
  11. IrishBearcat

I found the Heisman Trophy "mission statement";

"The Heisman Memorial Trophy annually recognizes the outstanding college football player whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity. Winners epitomize great ability combined with dilegence, perserverance, and hard work."

You look at the picture above Strick put and consider his arrest, and then look at a guy like Manti Te'o. The above wreaks of Te'o, but the SEC incestual ploy for everyone to completely leave Manti off their ballots should be enough to seal this up.

12. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

Tough call, I figure it should be the player that without whom the team would not have had the success they have had, regardless of overall record.

With that said, very tough call imo, but would give the nod to klein just because I dont think KState would have come close to what they have accomplished without him at the qb position. No knock on Teo really cause it is VERY close, just feel by its nature the qb position has too much impact on how the team does over one of 3 or 4 LBers on the field...again though, it is very close to me.

13. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I don't feel strongly about any of the candidates I just hope Manziel doesn't win. Living in Texas we'd never hear the end of it. I'd go with Teo as I feel like none of the candidates really separate themselves and your not really going to have an apples vs apples argument when comparing LB's and QB's but his team was undefeated and the other's weren't.

14. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Yeah, these 3 are runner up types. But it all depends on how you look at the award... If you look at it as which player means the most to his team, I would definitely say Klein.

That being said, my vote goes to Teo... I just really hope Manziel loses.