The HOT SEAT Week 1/ CHUNKNESS

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ferocious, Aug 23, 2010.

1. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

The HOT SEAT Week 1/ CHUNKNESS

Viewer discretion is advised, if you are sensitive to reading fucking bad words :eek:, than please tune in to the cartoon channel instead.

As this HOT SEAT is gonna be burning and I don’t want to hear pussys cry over my questions and or comments. I’m new to this league and you will be seeing some shit talking from me along the way, but believe me by all means I will not take your comments to heart so please don’t take mine to heart neither. As this is all in fun and I just want to make this HOT SEAT fun to read.
    With that said:

The HOT SEAT is on and for starters we are starting with one of the Commish's. I will be changing a couple of questions as per the owner that is in the HOT SEAT. Since today we have Commish Doug "CHUNKNESS" in the HOT SEAT lets welcome him with some doughnuts, Twinkies, and maybe a cream filled "CHURRO" for him to stuff. (You all gonna be googling fucking CHURRO aint you all? Cuz I sure as shit aint gonna tell you :D). And CHUNK you are required to answer all questions with more than one sentence for the exemption of #3, you can be brief on this one.

1. How old are you? “And you aint got to lie Doug….â€
    (Joi (Character) from Friday sound)

Answer: 35 yrs

2. What is your complete name? What do you like to be called?

Answer: Douglas Olson; you can call me whatever you like as long as no disrespect is intended.

3.What do you do for a living? Besides sit there and watch rainbows, beat up puppies, smell gay ass daisies, and shit ice cream…

Answer: I'm an insurance claims adjuster.

4. Any kiddos?

Answer: Turner (4) and Stella (2)

5. What are your favorite sport teams? "If you answer fucking Cowboys is this question I’m gonna delete this shit lol..."

Answer: I'm a Minnesota sports fan at heart. I'm particularly big on the Twins and the Vikings. Although, I also like to follow the Dallas Stars and The Big Ticket, KG over in Boston as well (especially since the T-wolves are horrible).

6. Since what decade lol have you been playing Madden or any sports games? Or have you only been smelling daisies in your down time lol?

Answer: I remember my first experience with sports games was at age 8 playing Dr.J and Larry Bird One-On-One on the Apple IIe. I was hooked on video games from that moment forward.

7. How long have you been playing in sim leagues?

Answer: I used to run football seasons with my buddies in college, but that was nothing more than just playing games against the cpu and each other. My first experience with sim leagues online was with Doug V. (coopdog) and Taylor (Twils24) on the PS2 platform. Doug was running a modified Madden league, NASFL (North American Simulation Football League) which I believe was back in 2000 if I recall correctly. Eight years and several leagues later, here I am a commissioner of PMFL.

8. What made you start your own league? As we all know it takes up a lot of time, which we all sure appreciate all the hard work you guys put in.

Answer: Quite honestly, I was tired of being involved in leagues that were being run inefficiently or for the wrong reasons. I can't tell you the number of leagues I was involved with where the Commissioners made decisions for their own personal gain, or owners took advantage of rules and/or exploits to beat their opponents. I wanted to be a part of a community where everybody was considered an equal and played with integrity. I believe that Eddie and I have successfully created that atmosphere here.

9. Does the wife give you any shit for spending a lot of time on here?

Answer: All the time. My commissioner days were numbered at one point in time before the M11 release. Between balancing family and work, I was struggling with whether or not my commitment to the league would be justified. I had actually communicated to Eddie that I was done, but reconsidered and decided to give it one more shot this year. However, if EA falls short with the online franchise capabilities once again for M12, I will probably be forced to hand in my resignation.

10. Are you a defensive minded owner or offensive?

Answer: I guess my answer could be both... I'm primarily all about the defense. I love to play defense and try to stop my opponent, but I also love to read my opponents' defense and try to figure out how to crack them with my offense. I really enjoy a good chess match mixing up the play calling on the field.

11. Since you were one of the top 10 to draft a team, why did you decide on the Bucs? They were actually one of the bottom ten teams on my list lol.

Answer: I played with the Vikings last year, so I wanted to give someone else the opportunity to play with them (not to mention they only had 3M in cap space, yuck!). I got spoiled rolling with AP last year, that is for sure, LOL! Besides that, I also wanted to give others at the bottom of the draft order an opportunity to select a decent team. With that, I decided that I wanted the challenge of a team that was a “builder†of sorts. I had never experienced that aspect of the franchise before, so I took a leap of faith and went for the Buccaneers. It has been fun.

12. So with all the moves you did on your shit team lol, are you liking what the final roster is beginning to look like? With all those moves I would have just clicked on the “Create my team button in Madden†lol.

Answer: I'll be the first to admit, I made a lot of transactions with my team. Typically I would not have done so, but in this case I wanted to improve my team in such a way that would compliment my playing style. I was able to do so and improved my team by 10 points overall in the process (67ovr to 77ovr).

13. What is your prediction on your team record this season?

Answer: Typically I'm a .500 baller at best. I lucked out last year with the blessing of AP in the backfield, so he was able to help me increase my average. This year I think I'll be forced to the air more than I prefer which leads to many user errors now that my hand-eye coordination is older and slower. As a result, I predict (and will be happy with) an 8-8 season for the Buccaneers, just missing the playoffs.

14. We all enjoy rivalries, so with that said. Do you have any in this league? This being my 1st season I would like to know were the shit talking is gonna be.

Answer: I don't have any heated rivalries per say. Typically, my rivalries occur within whatever division I am assigned. In this case, I expect some good, close fun games between Carl, Rod, Tony, and me.

15. Last but not least, CHUNK “Have you ever won the big ONE in this league?†If you did, give us a small recap, if you didn’t will you EVER???

Answer: The closest I've come was the NFC Championship last year. Quite honestly, I think that is the closest I will ever get, but I am happy with that result. Success isn't determined by Superbowl rings or hardware, but rather, it is determined by the strength of our desire and whether or not we can hold our head high when all is said and done. I believe I can do that regardless of the outcome.

Well thanks Doug for sitting in this HOT SEAT with us, it was a real pleasure hearing from one of the top Commish’s in sim leagues. And before you leave I will like to ask you, do you think your Co-Commish can handle the HOT SEAT next week as he will be next?​

Oh Oh Oh , wait wait wait Commish. One of our viewers texted us a question for you. So we will make this THE:

BONUS question for you Mr. CHUNKNESS; So her it goes…..Wait for it!!!!! (Drum rolling)

OK! Bonus Question:
    If you could describe yourself choosing one fruit, which one would it be? And why?

Answer: I would be a Kumquat. I don't know why other than I think the name is funny.

Ok sim ballers of PMFL, thanks for tuning in to this weeks HOT SEAT. And remember, don’t talk shit about the HOT SEAT victim.
    AS YOU WILL BE IN IT ONE DAY!!!

!!!THE HOT SEAT OUT!!!

2. pittrocks43

pittrocks43 TMFL Steelers

great Job Zo. Now hand over those Churros. just make sure its filled with sweetened condensed milk.

3. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Thanks, and
    :D Since you are up next week in the HOT SEAT :eek:, Ill make sure to have some nice creamed sweetened condensed milk filled CHURROS for you ready for your taking (y).

4. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

Nice job Zo. Nice to see an new manager taking charge. Well done.

Say it ain't so. If you want to start some commitee's to lessen some burden let me know...

5. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

I agree with Troy. Doug if you guys need help, let me know and i can help where I can

6. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

hell of a read....great job:)

7. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Thanks, Alonso, and thanks guys for volunteering to help. That's one thing I've always appreciated is that so many of you are willing to step up and help if we need you to. That means more to me and Eddie than you know. We'll wait and see what M12 brings. I'm hopeful that EA will bless the true "hardcore" sports gamers with the "hardcore" online franchise that we demand!

8. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Thanks guys and Ill try my best to make the next one better, and Doug just like everybody on here. Im more than happy to help you guys out anyway I can to lessen the work load of this league. So with that said, Doug you cant leave us next year :elephant:

9. thaexistence

thaexistence Walk On

Good read.

10. lboogie

lboogie Walk On

i love it great job

11. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Damn, I know this is pretty much ancient at this point, but these are pretty freakin sweet.